Huge mistake.

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
I just accidentally bid 10141 ped on an item I meant to bid 141 ped on.

I am sick to my stomach right now.

I been playing over 8 years and never made a mistake like this.

I know I have been a jerk on the forums in the past, but I never NEVER screwed anyone over in game with ped or items. Not one time. Dozens of people can vouch for my trustworthiness in game.

In fact, even here on the forum, I have constantly supported people that had this happen to them. I hope people understand this.

It was an honest mistake.

Gwen red Laker, if you see this message, please contact me here or in game. I am very generous and will make it worth your while.
print_screen_2018-02-22_16-9-22.jpg

Last edited:
Selling diluted mineral extractors 40563% at boxes

Best of luck recovering your ped

Luis D'Kardinn is probably wondering wtf just happened.

GL with all that. The auction interface terrifies me.

that sucks man... I'm hopeful it will work out people are generally pretty good about this sort of thing. And MA has been known to step in and lock accounts that try to get away with stealing money over accidental bids.

Don't worry Taco, you will get your peds back.

Been in same soc with Gwen a while ago and I can say that she is a wonderful person with a very nice character.
She is well known as helping many players and never heard something bad about her.

Please get in contact with her and for sure you'll be able to sort this out easily.

Don't worry Taco, you will get your peds back.

Been in same soc with Gwen a while ago and I can say that she is a wonderful person with a very nice character.
She is well known as helping many players and never heard something bad about her.

Please get in contact with her and for sure you'll be able to sort this out easily.

Thank you so much for this encouraging info. I am so grateful to hear she is a good person. I never have felt this embarrassed and angry at myself in a long time, and your post definitely makes me feel a little better.

+ rep to Taco - good guy and part of this community in my experience

Hi..Just in case you didn't already check..

Hi Taco. Gwen is listed in entropialife.com so if you haven't already contacted her that way, it might be helpful to do so. I hope all goes well for you.

PZ

Just one thing to bear in mind.. I don't think she has been in game for a while, at least not very much recently.

You may have a wait is all I'm saying. But I am sure it will get resolved.

I also have known Gwen for a long time. She is always helping new players with her own time and ped. I hope you get in touch soon to relieve your stress.

Maybe MA can implement a bank option, so you can store your ped away, and it won't get automatically thrown into auction by mistake. Like a ped card that doesn't get used for trades or auction.

Why doesn't MA make the auction house work like on ebay where you can put a max bid but it will only outbid the person before you?

Maybe MA can implement a bank option, so you can store your ped away, and it won't get automatically thrown into auction by mistake. Like a ped card that doesn't get used for trades or auction.

You could just buy ammo for the TT machine if you have a ton of ped and leave it in storage...essentially the same thing as you can tt when you need it for the same as you paid

Why doesn't MA make the auction house work like on ebay where you can put a max bid but it will only outbid the person before you?

I agree 100%. This should have been done a long time ago...not blaming the current system, it was ALL my fault, and I screwed up, but would love to see it changed to like how Ebay does it...it is much safer for everyone.

Sounds like the mistake will have a happy ending.

With that being said. Let me just say that having a system where you put a max bid and just overbid the others until that is met can remove a bidding tactic when you bid big and aggressive.

I think is not good, if MA do invent into this, about one of theyr rule is : "all trads are final". So only we player can do anything. If MA break theyr own rules, how we can trust them?

Don't get me wrong. I realy hope the OP get it back, about the misstacke. But this should be alone a thing between the bider and the seller.

Hopefully this will be a happy end.

I almost had this happen to me as well a few nights ago, it's dangerous to buy something from auction when your ped card is full. And you're tired or drunk.

Imo MA should make it so when there's no BO the MAX bid you can make is +1 ped higher than the previous bid.
And when you bid over 1000 ped on an item, a bigger text popup windows should show saying ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BID over 9000 PED ON a 25 TT item for example?

After playing so long, the majority of this game is just muscle memory. Makes it easy to do something like this before you can realize exactly what you've done. Wishing you luck Taco. I wouldn't wish the feeling you've described on my worst enemy. I had a similar incident a couple of months ago where I recovered a little over half of my PED, but the moments after I placed the bid I immediately felt the pain of so much hard work unraveling.

.... for only what is it 1k or so they'll actually pull junk you TTed back out of the trash[/URL])

Yes, thats right, and fully ok, about TT is MA so it is a thing between seller and buyer. But at auctioning, MA is not the seller or buyer, so they have to follow the rule of : all trads are final.

Historically, you can have used storage as "bank" (just splice off a pile of coins there). However, with local storages it's not as good solution as it used to be.

One option is to carry a container (for instance box or vehicle) you carry all the time and put the coins there (zero weight). PED/PEC Coins ("fund stacks") are not loseable in lootable pvp.

Imo MA should make it so when there's no BO the MAX bid you can make is +1 ped higher than the previous bid.
And when you bid over 1000 ped on an item, a bigger text popup windows should show saying ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BID over 9000 PED ON a 25 TT item for example?

I'd like the +1 ped bid increase changed to a certain percentage (eg 0.5% or 1%), to discourage the endless +1 ped biddings from resellers.

Also, I Think there are warnings in Place nowdays if you try to bid your entire PED card, but I Think people dismiss those because they're used to dismiss the normal confirmation popup.

Warnings are no good. When they appear all the time, people get used to dissmissing them.

Few options...

1) you are NOT able to bid your whole ped card. (this would probably solve most of the issues)
2) like above, go ebay style
3) have a 30 second delay, most people know the second they have done it wrong.

Rgds

Ace

Yes, thats right, and fully ok, about TT is MA so it is a thing between seller and buyer. But at auctioning, MA is not the seller or buyer, so they have to follow the rule of : all trads are final.

Yeah selling to TT is different as its not in game in anymore, but auction you can negotiate with the other player. The only time i have known when MA got involved was when a lot of AUD was sold by mistake and their was talk of lawyers getting involved. Only the parties involved know the full story to that. It sounds that this will be happy ending anyway and it just shows when dealing with AH you really have check what you doing.

As far i know Gwen is awesome person and it will be resolve whit happy end for sure :)

Sold my excavator whit probes last day to TT by mistake . Only 250 ped but still sucks ...:D

Last edited:
oh dear (edited my entire first post)

I see no b/o so sure it's not deliberate attempt to gain from misfortune and just a pure error.

Still; I'm sure MA could quite easily cancel that 10K bid even for a fee. I doubt the seller would challenge that outcome.

Good luck

Rick

Last edited:
Historically, you can have used storage as "bank" (just splice off a pile of coins there). However, with local storages it's not as good solution as it used to be.

One option is to carry a container (for instance box or vehicle) you carry all the time and put the coins there (zero weight). PED/PEC Coins ("fund stacks") are not loseable in lootable pvp.

OT, but: coins are NOT zero weight.

Back