Huge mistake.

I think that was a very good thing to do and kudos to her for a good and an honorable thing. I have read several posts from sceptics that said "Good luck with that" etc. but I have read many more posts about players getting their ped back than not. I am not sure I read any post where the player did not get the ped back.

There are many people in Entropia that rise above the negative, destructive noise on this forum.

Right when it happened, I calculated my odds of recovery and around 33%. For random players that don't spazz post like I used to, it figured it would be around 50-60% but I had to give myself a handicap because of my intolerance towards idiots and exploiters that made me quite a few enemies, and all the haters I got from the doing it with swords video.

I think I am wrong though, those numbers are likely much higher and I agree with coz and 5$.

Thank you to everyone for the support. The player notified me in game and like everyone said, truly is a wonderful person. Will have to wait until the auction ends unless Wizz accidentally outbids me.

wonderful news! Despite some aspect of the community being toxic I like to be believe that most would do the honorable thing in this position.

Very happy to hear it all turned out well!

Also, great job Gwen on being a good egg!

:tiphat:

Glad it ended well.

Now, what could or should be done to correct price history? Usual suspects are already trying to sell diluted mineral extractors at 2000% or so.

Should MA manually intervene to delete obviously bad data points?

Or should they automatically exclude outliers from calculation of the averages?

I don't know. Perhaps I need to think it over when sober. :)

Glad it ended well.

Now, what could or should be done to correct price history? Usual suspects are already trying to sell diluted mineral extractors at 2000% or so.

Should MA manually intervene to delete obviously bad data points?

Or should they automatically exclude outliers from calculation of the averages?

I don't know. Perhaps I need to think it over when sober. :)

I have found in the past that when MA enters to fix something sometimes the solution it much worse than the problem. That happen many times in the past and it seems to take much longer to fix their fix than it did the original problem. This is especially true when there was no problem to start with.

What should MA do?
Another "Are you sure button" ? Thats already in place.

1. Implement a 5-10 second delay where the confirmation button is greyed out so
you have to allow it to sink in before mindlessly clicking yes.

2. Implement a 1 minute delay which allows you to retract your bid, and the bid
will go into a 'buffer' before the bid goes live.

3. Allow for font/UI adjustment which will allow you to more easily see what you
are bidding. I hate the tiny auction arrows.

3. Allow for font/UI adjustment which will allow you to more easily see what you

Please read my post above.
Your first suggestion will end up as a 5-10 MINUTE delay.
Your second will end up 10 minutes.
Your last is useless IMO because if you can't see what's there now changing the font won't help :).

What is even worse if what I say above happens it will take 6 months to get back to normal.

Not bad-mouthing you at all but that seems to be the way MA does things IMO. Just think back and remember how many times there was a release that had to be "fixed" the next day and sometimes it took months if it didn't affect all of the players. Case in point: the studdering around mobs after the it remains because of a "Fix".

Last edited:
the lasting effects

I do think of you every time I go to buy diluted mineral extractors and can't (very glad I bought the other bunch she had out there that time). But, I'm glad to hear it all worked out. :) It not only makes me stop to think before I bid but also to do research on MU before I post stuff on AH.

Also I want to apologize to texture crafters. People are now trying to sell diluted mineral extractors for over 2k%. The should be around 500% only. Be careful!

4. implement delay where the confirmation button is greyed out so you have to wait mail with personal delivery and tomorrow morning when mailman is ringing at the door you open and mailman punch you hard on the nose and recite the rest of the message -"you are biding 10k over normal price are you sure?"

5.half hour latter someone is ringing at the door again.
This time is mailman from another concurrent fast delivery service let say DHL with personal delivery message.
He firs kick you hard in ass and second time direct in your balls then recite message "We at MA are concerned if you did understand previous punch on nose and about fact that you are bidding 10k over normal price on an item"

6. few hours latter you are coming back to home from hospital where they tried to cure your nose, ass and balls there is a man waiting you in front of the door.
Its mailman again with personal message for you "Confirmation button is not greyed any more but you were out bided."

It doesn't help that you can bid your entire ped card just by clicking the leftmost up-arrow while the same function isn't available in the trade terminal where it really would be a meaningful convenience function being able to buy ammo for your remaining peds, and can't cause damage since it's reversible. Modular programming, widget reuse, less time wasted, hello hello echo echo? But that's beside the point. Both measures have been suggested, likely multiple times. Thanks for listening - not. Nothing is totally fool-proof but every step helps. Good news another incident was resolved through honesty.

I've been in IT and IT-production for 23 years. From my experience it doesn't matter how many security features you add to the systems, there will always be users who do mistakes anyway. Even though I like your suggestions.

Allways sad to see this things happen. But im glad it all worked out in the end for u Taco, Gwen is a gem for sure :wtg:

I've been in IT and IT-production for 23 years. From my experience it doesn't matter how many security features you add to the systems, there will always be users who do mistakes anyway. Even though I like your suggestions.
One more for that pile (I'll get it to support some day when I remember to):
Let us bid by typing numerals instead of dinking with those little arrows. An auction house doesn't really need to have a speedometer :laugh:

Though I'd love to be able to spend my entire pedcard on ammo at the TT in two clicks. I already choose my crafting attempts the same way.

Back