Huge mistake.

Yea, this auction house is a bad bad joke when we deal with real cash economy game... i mean how have they gotten away with this sloppy job of an action for this long?

Time MA does something about this auction house.

Yea, this auction house is a bad bad joke when we deal with real cash economy game... i mean how have they gotten away with this sloppy job of an action for this long?

How is the auction a bad joke??? Whats so sloppy about it? It works as intended for years and years and years already.

Common, please dont blame to system.
Blame the person for making the mistake.

Jeezzz, how idiot proof do you need to make things so that idiots cant make any mistakes anymore????

The system already gives a pop up box, " are you sure...?"

If you're to drunk, stupid, impatient, blind or whatever to use the auction. Go play tetris for gods sake!
It's real money we're all talking about, so treat the game and auction like your dealing with real money! Be careful!

If after all those years you still cant handle the auction, you might look at yourself first instead of constantly blaming MA for the mistakes you make yourself!

Sure, we can and do all make mistakes. But to idiot prove anything because of that is just ridiculous.
Just be responsible for your own actions and dont go blame others (in this case MA).

Judging at the reaction we're all aware what can happen if you click to fast on auction. So, what do you do? Yes, be extra careful when placing a bid!

Maybe you should get a pop up as soon as you click the auctioneer, "beware, all trades are final, be careful when using the auction! MA cannot be hold responsible for drunk people clicking to fast!"

pffff

How is the auction a bad joke??? Whats so sloppy about it? It works as intended for years and years and years already.

Common, please dont blame to system.
Blame the person for making the mistake.

Jeezzz, how idiot proof do you need to make things so that idiots cant make any mistakes anymore????

The system already gives a pop up box, " are you sure...?"

If you're to drunk, stupid, impatient, blind or whatever to use the auction. Go play tetris for gods sake!
It's real money we're all talking about, so treat the game and auction like your dealing with real money! Be careful!

If after all those years you still cant handle the auction, you might look at yourself first instead of constantly blaming MA for the mistakes you make yourself!

Sure, we can and do all make mistakes. But to idiot prove anything because of that is just ridiculous.
Just be responsible for your own actions and dont go blame others (in this case MA).

Judging at the reaction we're all aware what can happen if you click to fast on auction. So, what do you do? Yes, be extra careful when placing a bid!

Maybe you should get a pop up as soon as you click the auctioneer, "beware, all trades are final, be careful when using the auction! MA cannot be hold responsible for drunk people clicking to fast!"

pffff

Or a big hand comes out of your monitor and bitch slaps you

Karma baby karma ! :D

Agree! When he need something from others he is nice :D

Maybe we could start a poll, and see if she should return it, or split it between the people he has pissed off over the years..?
:D

Also, he made the mistake. If you make the Auction more user friendly, it won't be as exciting, dynamic, fun, or risky.
The Auction doesn't need changing, you get warnings enough already..
Even after entering the bid on that fiddly little Numeric console.. IT STILL ASKS YOU TO READ THE AMOUNT AND PRESS OK TO CONFIRM YOUR BID..

The Auction doesn't need changing, you get warnings enough already..
Even after entering the bid on that fiddly little Numeric console.. IT STILL ASKS YOU TO READ THE AMOUNT AND PRESS OK TO CONFIRM YOUR BID..

yes, but apparently some idiots need at least 10 pop up windows.

No matter how many pop ups you implement, or how many limitations you can think of to idiot proof it, there will always be other idiots being able to fuck up that system as well and blaming MA for it.

It's just to damn easy to put the responsibility at others but yourself!

yes, but apparently some idiots need at least 10 pop up windows.

No matter how many pop ups you implement, or how many limitations you can think of to idiot proof it, there will always be other idiots being able to fuck up that system as well and blaming MA for it.

It's just to damn easy to put the responsibility at others but yourself!

Wizz.. rude like always..

The system is not good at all. It has nothing to do with confirmation windows. 99.99% of all auctions are placed like you intend them to be.. That means 99.99% of the time those confirmation windows will be just an annoying pop up that you get used to click away instant...

A better system will be for you to manually enter each digit of your bid, and have you repeat the amount if the distance from MARKUP is greater then a certain value..

Auction mistakes is not a rare thing.. You can go on calling people idiots, but then its MAs job to make the system idiot proof..

I feel an incredible need to mess with Taco, but I am too chilly right now. Gl, hope this gets sorted soon.

Wizz.. rude like always..

The system is not good at all. It has nothing to do with confirmation windows. 99.99% of all auctions are placed like you intend them to be.. That means 99.99% of the time those confirmation windows will be just an annoying pop up that you get used to click away instant...

A better system will be for you to manually enter each digit of your bid, and have you repeat the amount if the distance from MARKUP is greater then a certain value..

Auction mistakes is not a rare thing.. You can go on calling people idiots, but then its MAs job to make the system idiot proof..

yeah, sorry, political correctness is not my strongest personal trait. Lets just be straight, right?

Sorry to say, but what you suggest will not solve anything.
Manually entering the amount will result in peoples making typo's resulting in the same old shit, "MA's fault that I made a typo!"

Yes, I know, auction mistakes are not uncommon. But jeezz, you simply cant idiot proof anything in life.
And I stand by my point, dont blame MA for the mistakes you made yourself!

I'll be honest, I made the exact same mistake once as well. Bidding my entire pedcard on an appartment. Ended up paying 800 ped to much for it.
Well, instead of blaming MA, I sought the mistake in myself and that still result in anxiously double checking each offer and bid that I place on auction. So that I never make that mistake again.

Lets learn from our mistakes instead of blaming others for it!

hey wiz, lets have things like they always where? never move forward to make things better? Lets go blubbin like the good old days in the caveman system.

Auction needs an 100% total overhaul. Its been the same sence 2003.

When dealing with real money you need a good auction system an a 2018 look to it.

If everyone else like ebay or whatever system has a bulletproof system and we still has a 2003 model where MA has to intervene everytime someone does a bad misstake.

Adapt or die.

You fucked up... All trades are final :)

However I hope you get it back!

Thank you to everyone for the support. The player notified me in game and like everyone said, truly is a wonderful person. Will have to wait until the auction ends unless Wizz accidentally outbids me.

hey wiz, lets have things like they always where? never move forward to make things better? Lets go blubbin like the good old days in the caveman system.

Auction needs an 100% total overhaul. Its been the same sence 2003.

When dealing with real money you need a good auction system an a 2018 look to it.

If everyone else like ebay or whatever system has a bulletproof system and we still has a 2003 model where MA has to intervene everytime someone does a bad misstake.

Adapt or die.

So, let me get this straight, since it's like this since 2003 means it's old and thus bad?
Well, first, I think it's just a matter of opinion if it's good or bad.

Sure, all things can be improved but to state it as you did:

Thats BS. It's not a bad joke at all! It works perfectly fine!

I will tell you what happens if MA would listen to you.

They will change the auction to a new design.

Day 1, the forum will be exploding by people who started to make mistakes since they're used to the old layout.
Day 2, the forum will explode since there will be bugs in the new layout
Day 3- till eternity, people will find new ways to make mistakes and fuck up, blaming MA again and again.

As long as there will be people (let's not say idiots, but just people), there will be mistakes made.
It's human to make mistakes!
Idiot proofing means to cut out the human factor. Taking away all ability for human input.

Well, is that what you want?

Thank you to everyone for the support. The player notified me in game and like everyone said, truly is a wonderful person. Will have to wait until the auction ends unless Wizz accidentally outbids me.

Hahahaha ROFL!!

Thanks for the laugh, hihihi, good one :)

well, sorry to burst that bubble, I never carry that much ped with me. Otherwise i would have gladly done that for you ;)

I was going to say worry not Taco, Gwen is a realy nice person and will sort everything out with you. You were unlucky to have made a mistake but lucky about the person you made the mistake with. She is a real diamond.

Glad to hear everything will get sorted. Mistakes happen. Also nice to see so many diferent members of the community coming together to wish you luck with this issue.

You can resume to breath normaly now hehe :)

what about 2factor auction?

first select the amount using up and down arrows, like it's been forever.

then a confirmationbox asking for textinput of the amount you just selected before

:smoke:

what about 2factor auction?

first select the amount using up and down arrows, like it's been forever.

then a confirmationbox asking for textinput of the amount you just selected before

:smoke:

nice, but far from idiot proof.

What will happen:

you want to buy object for 100 ped.
You accidentally select 1000 ped with the arrows. (yes, that can happen as we all know)
Then confirmation box appears and in your haste you simple type over your initial faulty amount of 1000 ped (since that's what your eyes are looking at) and you click ok.

This happens in everyday life. You accidentally say or write things that you're just looking at at that given moment.

In your haste you just type what you see and that's 1000 ped instead of 100.

Mistake made, MA's fault! :tongue2:

how about the ORDER side of auction, its 100% user friendly? or does it needs a 100000000% upgrade?

lol, damn, this hurts for me to say, on that I totally agree!

The order side is to shady, misuse prone and not working properly.
Not so much that you can easily make mistakes (as is the problem with the offer side), but the functionallity just sucks!

But I guess the cause lies in the fact that the order side is relatively new compared to the offer side.
All new things suck! :p

we want project entropia back!
(At least, that's what many claim)

1 ped auction fee anyone? :wtg:

how about the ORDER side of auction, its 100% user friendly? or does it needs a 100000000% upgrade?

You mean things like this? [suggestion]

I was very much ignored by MA. They have no interest in improving the game.

All hail the 24/7 auction zombies with 20 alts each. Yay !

The whole auction house needs a re-do.

first, glad to hear you have spoken with gwen.

second, and a bit off topic. Please no Ebay style auction. this is soooo easily manipulated its not even funny.
you place item on auction with 1 ped start bid. you simply have your buddy place a bid on your item for what u want the start bid to be. now you are secretly marking up the items to false numbers, and u will never lose an item for less than you planned too. I did this many times during the diablo 2 days. I took ebay almost 8 months to catch on. it would take MA minimum 8years to figure it out.

GLAD YOU GOT THINGS SETTLED I ACCIDENTLY SOLD 10 auds IN 1 TIME FOR 80 PED DIDNT REALIZE I MESSED UP

I also made this kind of mistake - obviously some people who think that the AH is AOK have not. It's too easy. The AH, as well as the rest of the game, is way overdue for an upgrade. Oya and GL taco:)

Last edited:
Lets just have MA remove the auction house all together, then you cant say its MA fault for having a crappy AH.

:silly2:

Lets just have MA remove the auction house all together, then you cant say its MA fault for having a crappy AH.

:silly2:

Personally I very much would like the idea.

Shops would flourish and twin peaks would be bustling again!
:rolleyes:

Today I got my PED back from this dumb mistake that I made. Everyone was right about her. She is a good person and refunded me the ped this morning when the auction ended. I was extremely lucky to have this happen with a fair person. It even took a lot of convincing for her to accept a reward, that's how good of a person she is. She said it was way too much but I forced her to take it :)

One of the things my gf and I love doing is rouckhounding. Up here where I live now it is pretty easy to find beautiful stones called Lake Superior Agates...we call them "lakers". They come in many colors, from clearish or off-white to brown or orange, with amazing different formations, every one is unique, but the most sought after ones are the red ones. Red Lakers are the most beautiful ones, and the ones everyone wants to find. The deeper the red, the more rare it is. I think it was a pure coincidence that her name was Gwen red Laker but I think its fitting given how rare a person like this can be sometimes in life.

I thank the stars that my mistake happened to a person like her. And I will think about her kindness every time I find another red laker...

Peace out, I need to start breathing and sleeping again.

I also made this kind of mistake - obviously some people who think that the AH is AOK have not. It's too easy. The AH, as well as the rest of the game, is way overdue for an upgrade. Oya and GL taco:)

What should MA do?
Another "Are you sure button" ? Thats already in place.

MA can´t do anything that makes people imune to do mistakes.
Mistakes happen, in games aswell in RL.
If a mistake happens it can be solved by mature people, as in Tacos case it was solved in a way it should be.

Bad thing is the greed of some people that refuse to give back what they took from someone else doing the mistake.
In RL you can take some legal steps against such greedy people and normally you get back what is yours.
In EU its difficult and people hide behind MA policy "All trades are final", so its important you take even more care in EU than you would do in RL.

Also I want to apologize to texture crafters. People are now trying to sell diluted mineral extractors for over 2k%. The should be around 500% only. Be careful!

Have you bought oil by any chance? :laugh: It's 150% on daily MU. (Congratz on solving it and all respect to Gwen).

Today I got my PED back from this dumb mistake that I made. Everyone was right about her. She is a good person and refunded me the ped this morning when the auction ended. I was extremely lucky to have this happen with a fair person. It even took a lot of convincing for her to accept a reward, that's how good of a person she is. She said it was way too much but I forced her to take it :)

One of the things my gf and I love doing is rouckhounding. Up here where I live now it is pretty easy to find beautiful stones called Lake Superior Agates...we call them "lakers". They come in many colors, from clearish or off-white to brown or orange, with amazing different formations, every one is unique, but the most sought after ones are the red ones. Red Lakers are the most beautiful ones, and the ones everyone wants to find. The deeper the red, the more rare it is. I think it was a pure coincidence that her name was Gwen red Laker but I think its fitting given how rare a person like this can be sometimes in life.

I thank the stars that my mistake happened to a person like her. And I will think about her kindness every time I find another red laker...

Peace out, I need to start breathing and sleeping again.

I think that was a very good thing to do and kudos to her for a good and an honorable thing. I have read several posts from sceptics that said "Good luck with that" etc. but I have read many more posts about players getting their ped back than not. I am not sure I read any post where the player did not get the ped back.

I think we can infer from those posts that most if not all the players here are pretty much good people and would not take advantage of others. I know there are in-game scammers as we have all heard but they are very much in the minority.

For those nay sayers I would only say one thing about that, I don't think I would trust them simply because it is in their mind about not giving the money back where others are not skeptical and therefore ,IMO, trustworthy, but that is just me.

Back