Secret Island or Next Island?

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Going to try upping the levels on some of my Gorilla pets one of these days... Which 'planet' has more interesting entry level missions - Secret Island or Next Island? and is there a list of what missions actually work on both? I remember a couple of years back exploring Next Island a little and it seemed that a ton of the missions were broken as hell, especially in Greece (beautiful mountains, but tons of emptiness is what I remember... climing the mountains was a major pain in the ass too since you step one foot too far and you'd be several hundred feet below where you wanted to be)

(also is there any freaking way to see the list of missions completed and still active that are on planets you are not on yet... if not, Mindark please add that functionality someday. If it's not possible, guess I'll have to start shooting videos of the mission screens just so I can see em before I journey in to space any time.)

Last edited:
Here is an overview of hunting missions which count both on NI and SI: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/hunting-challenge-mission-list.19557/
These are a recent introduction and should work fine, except all stage 5's have been disabled some time last fall without an explanation, but in a reply to a support case it was said to be temporary. They can be taken on NI at the mission terminal right at Crystal Center tp, on SI there is a hut at the racetrack with an NPC for each, except Storm Drake which can only be taken on SI but also counts on both (well it's the opposite of entry level anyway).

AG's Cyclops mission has been disabled without explanation, also certain crystals which were needed for some blueprints were silently withdrawn. We suspect that balance management has a problem with them after the lifting of equipment restrictions but it's quite disappointing that they wouldn't say a word. The errand missions in AG should still mostly work, e.g. to get your Falcata and headscarf blueprint. The colorator should still be available. At least that's the last state of things I know.

On the upside, there is a daily sweat circle by SSI on Next Island, and a free warp service to and fro on Sundays. SSI is the place to socialize and get the latest updates on what works and what doesn't.

On SI, which is tied in with Rocktropia now, are at least weekly private events very suitable for beginners or low-level hunters. And an epic mission chain begins there but it's not for the faint of heart: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?280527-Biodome-Antidote

Aloha!

And...
(also is there any freaking way to see the list of missions completed and still active that are on planets you are not on yet... if not, Mindark please add that functionality someday. If it's not possible, guess I'll have to start shooting videos of the mission screens just so I can see em before I journey in to space any time.)

No, there is no freaking way and it's already freaking out a lot of people. Would you like to bump this thread with it?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?293808-Mindark-make-us-happy-NOW!

Back