Suggestion: Add one better use for all pets

Hi. Since pets all have different skills, why not have one skill common to all...Why can't they collect sweat for their avatar to use? This idea will probably get two responses from those reading it. Either you are established in profession of vibrant sweat and want to collect sweat to make ped and this idea doesn't have appeal because it would be seen as a loss of income at first. Or you are someone who avoids sweating and the idea works well for you because standing and pointing a vse at a mob doesn't have any appeal at all to you.

I just thought I would bring it up. lol.. I'm not trying to start a war of opinion. Collecting sweat has been the way for alot of people to make ped but the market is very unpredictable and tbh, most people tend to set up their avatar's vse pointing at a mob and take a nap. Then, they come back several hours later and find they have collected some sweat a couple of hours later after the 1st week or two of inspiration of "I"m making ped just standing here" has worn off.

I still sweat and if you are with a good group of people, it is a very good and relaxing practice to do. I do know most people would chose to do something else in the EU game if they had the ped to do so which personally collecting sweat to sell is supposed to provide. It would be easier if the player has the option though if they can collect it themselves or train their pet (say, at a certain level the pet can be considered trained to do sweating and defend itself against a lower level mob---then again, mobs never attack other mobs so that might not be necessary..lol) and collect sweat for their owner to use or sell.

So, what do ya think? The market for sweat will always be there for crafting...its takes 5K of sweat to do ONE attempt for portable repair unit at the crafting stations. Other bps need sweat as well and probably down the road, there will be more bps using sweat, who knows ( I'm not MA)? Since there will always be fails in the attempts to craft anything, you need alot of sweat just for that alone.

The tennis ball is your court MA?..What do ya think?

PZ

atm pets are useless

it had some use for those who used Halloween ring and no movement speed on right ring

I just use my corinthian kanin for acceleration for my avatar. It does help a little when Im weighed down from mining runs.

Pets are useless, anything they can do something else does it better/cheaper (loot pills/rings etc) and they have no incentive to change it as the things that do it better are sold by them (boxes/pills from tt) as opposed to p2p (pets/nutrio)

Pets are useless, anything they can do something else does it better/cheaper (loot pills/rings etc) and they have no incentive to change it as the things that do it better are sold by them (boxes/pills from tt) as opposed to p2p (pets/nutrio)

pets are not useless at all.
You could argue that you could do more with them, but to call them useless, no.

Speed buffs / reduce crit dmg / autoloot just to name a few usefull effects.
Yes, pills can give that. But just temporarily.
yes, rings can give that, but eventually they will receive decay, just as pets require food.

Also, yes, rings can do that, but how many autoloot rings are there?
Always nice to have alternative ways to receive that effect.

So not useless, but yes, pets could be used for a far wider range of actions for sure!

pets are not useless at all.
You could argue that you could do more with them, but to call them useless, no.

Speed buffs / reduce crit dmg / autoloot just to name a few usefull effects.
Yes, pills can give that. But just temporarily.
yes, rings can give that, but eventually they will receive decay, just as pets require food.

Also, yes, rings can do that, but how many autoloot rings are there?
Always nice to have alternative ways to receive that effect.

So not useless, but yes, pets could be used for a far wider range of actions for sure!

speed buff, cheap ring does it better and permanently (cheaper than speed pet too or comparable/also starter pack armor) , crit damage doesnt matter except for top end and the adj armor sets offer it/barely worth paying for anyway, cheaper to buy auto loot pills constantly than feed auto loot pet and you didnt name a FEW useful effects you named ALL the effects. Also rings will probably never decay, again they have no reason to nerf rings as it sells boxes.

edit; to avoid going too off topic and adress OP what youre basically asking for is a sweat bot as a pet which is not something that I forsee them adding.

Also rings will probably never decay, again they have no reason to nerf rings as it sells boxes.

no guarantee tho, atm rings not decaying is causing a large unbalance to the game, it will happen.

curious tho, does pet and armor crit reduction stack?

regarding the question, i can't see a straight free sweat gathering pet been considered, it would need to cost something at least.
it could in a way be made that you can set your pet to search, small energy cost and its basically like always on mining with chance to find fruit, sweat or other little low TT items

Pets would be useful if they could tank/dps/heal.

Pets would be useful if they could tank/dps/heal.

Oooooh interesting, how about pets that heal 1 point every 5 seconds, or something like that, when they are spawned. The higher the pet the more heals you get. Make them use more nutrino/cost than faps, so as to not out pec any other faps, but they would still be used for convenience of not having to stop shooting?

MMMMMM that sounds good.

Rgds

Ace

speed buff, cheap ring does it better and permanently (cheaper than speed pet too or comparable/also starter pack armor)

I´m using athenic ring, so cant use hermetic. So my rabbit gives a hand there.

, crit damage doesnt matter except for top end and the adj armor sets offer it/barely worth paying for anyway, cheaper to buy auto loot pills constantly than feed auto loot pet and you didnt name a FEW useful effects you named ALL the effects. Also rings will probably never decay, again they have no reason to nerf rings as it sells boxes.

I dont have the exact details of nutrios per hour on a pet vs 50 pec loot pills. So cant judge here.

But all I´m saying is that they aren´t totally useless.
Sure, for everything might be a better alternative, but those alternatives arent always available.

Back