a way to help out the compet deed holders...

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Wish Mindark would come up with something 'special' to help out the compet deed holders to give back some compensation for the lousy return on investment in the initial payout...

perhaps create a stable instance on each planet which only compet deed holder can enter (have to have deed in inventory to enter sort of like the keys for other instances, but it won't swallow the key, just is a prereq to enter the instance) which contains an npc that sells nutrio at TT value or something similar?... maybe even work it in to the storyline on Calypso with the fight club, etc.)

Maybe do something else 'special'... perhaps make the pets of avatars that hold the compet deed able to spawn (export) any pet universe wide regardless of the level 7 requirements on pet status or item info screens?...

May add more ideas on this type of thing later.

Last edited:
Lets set up a GoFundMe to help regain our losses :rolleyes:

Wish Mindark would come up with something 'special' to help out the compet deed holders to give back some compensation for the lousy return on investment in the initial payout...

perhaps create a stable instance on each planet which only compet deed holder can enter (have to have deed in inventory to enter sort of like the keys for other instances, but it won't swallow the key, just is a prereq to enter the instance) which contains an npc that sells nutrio at TT value or something similar?... maybe even work it in to the storyline on Calypso with the fight club, etc.)

Maybe do something else 'special'... perhaps make the pets of avatars that hold the compet deed able to spawn (export) any pet universe wide regardless of the level 7 requirements on pet status or item info screens?...

May add more ideas on this type of thing later.

So your saying lets give an advantage to compet deed holders and destroy the nutio market at the same time?
Nutrio actually sells for a decent MU, and your wanting to give all deed holders access to TT value of it so they can then on-sell for a profit? Might as well just say that all globals and HOF's now only go to those with compet deeds or that all deed holders are entitled to TT profit.

I get that people who brought compet deeds got shafted, but there were clear signs from the start (not including the fact that MA are horrible at getting things done in a timely manner) that compet had a high chance of failure. No investment is without risk and unfortunately this one did not pan out the way people hoped....it happens. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last. What about all those people that brought bitcoin at 19K and then it fell to under 10K shortly after? Are they entitled to get an advantage on something else? like maybe they should be allowed to buy other coins at initial price cost...i'm sure you get my meaning.

You really need to start thinking about things throughly before you give out suggestions...MA are stupid enough to listen to ideas without thinking through the consequences.

Compet deed holders did an INVESTMENT, that went "belly up".

Why should the ppl that did not invest suffer from your loss?

Would you be giving out special treats to the ppl that chose not to invest if it gave good payouts?

Jeeez! :wise:

Can you please help me out too for scandalous returns over 1.5 years, the total wanton destruction of item values thanks to loot scam 2.0, the ark land plots i'm waiting for 2 years? I could go on all day.

You should be asking players to build a united front and get everyone to go on depo strike for 2 or 3 months.

Asking MA to do the right thing you might as well try to bring peace to the middle east.

People are funny. Deeds are not a promise of money or returns they are an investment, same as irl investing in a startup or whatever. You give them money for a project and you get a share of the revenue. Now IRL i wouldnt dream of funding a crappy pet battle mobile game from a company with a history of failed and abandoned projects. But people did, and it failed.

Just take it on a chin and move on, happens to all of us, not all investments work. Even great investments with 90% chance to suceed fail 10% (and this was not one of those :laugh:) just gotta look for next investment oppurtunity and learn from this one. They dont owe you anything, (unless you think the game made more revenue than they claim but thats a different matter) and neither does the community. Sell at panic prices or hold for that 1 in 1000 chance they rebound in the future.

Nutrio actually sells for a decent MU, and your wanting to give all deed holders access to TT value of it so they can then on-sell for a profit?

Alternatively it could be another new food type that is soul bound that pets could eat other than nutrio? Perhaps something they could start putting in strongboxes instead of all of the strongbox stuff people don't want (thousands of kitty's, garland that now has a markup tanked due to oversupply, etc.)

and, no, I'm not saying they should just help out compet deed holders... I've been suggesting for a long time that they do something to give all deed holders some special thing tied to their deed...

For Calypso, AUD deed holders, or shop/booth/apartment deed holders perhaps a free interplanetary weekly or monthly warp to either Caly, Arkadia, or whatever planet that that apartment/shop/booth is on, voting booth for that planet that the deed is with, i.e. 'citizenship' etc?

Currently a lot of stable owners don't stock the stables because there's not much use for em... If there was some function to them it might increase the amount of buffs folks buy, etc. Heck, maybe even make it something like tt+3% on nutrio cost or something with that 3% going to stable owner.

Last edited:
if they were to give something to deed holders, it should cost a deed and be treated as a buyback. you can trade a deed for a non tradable pet item worth 30-50ped, be it a whip, brush or something else (not nutrio)

The game is still going tho, and if they add the game to other games referral systems, it could see a little increase. plus all of the initial costs are gone, just upkeep and profit to consider now

Last edited:
So I went hunting with a hope for a hof, but returned with 70%. I demand a system where I would get a consolation global every time my expectations don't meet reality. I don't care that the ped would be taken from those who have nothing to do with my decisions. But if I'd get an ATH instead of a hof, I'd just take it for granted.

and, no, I'm not saying they should just help out compet deed holders... I've been suggesting for a long time that they do something to give all deed holders some special thing tied to their deed...

CLD and AUD deed holders already get something special, AUD get it daily (unless its lower than 1 pec) and CLD weekly (unless there is something that goes wrong in an event and MA need to find money for it)...that's all that they need to get. CLD also have the ability to trade in for for a plot and CLD(x) when MA release them from time to time.

There should not be anything extra special that players get just for holding a deed, whether soul bound or not.

This is an RCE game, no advantage should be given what so ever.

Theh could start by giving back some of the $2million they got selling the deeds. That would be a good start lol

Compet was just investment,in this case bad.
Why do you want punish other people for it? :scratch2:

arguably compet was borderline a scam. They took $2million and didn't deliver what was promsed. They made a sub par app, blew past the deadline for development, didn't market the app at all, delayed promised payouts by 1-2 years, withheld fincancial data about the apps poor performance while upping the price of the deeds for no other reason beyond pure greed.

Yup quite the "investment"

you are literally investing money in an app. that u have no part in developing. That is being developed by a company that you know has major issues with bugs and fixing things. I would classify this as a HIGH risk investment. yes it sucks. but that's life. move on, make better investments.

All that being said, I have put money into moon deeds myself. So I could very well be sitting in this same boat in a few months.

As many have already said there is no compensation for a bad investment. sometimes u win, sometimes u lose. Choose wisely.

Theh could start by giving back some of the $2million they got selling the deeds. That would be a good start lol

arguably compet was borderline a scam. They took $2million and didn't deliver what was promsed. They made a sub par app, blew past the deadline for development, didn't market the app at all, delayed promised payouts by 1-2 years, withheld fincancial data about the apps poor performance while upping the price of the deeds for no other reason beyond pure greed.

Yup quite the "investment"

This basically. Investing in this was probably the only schoolboy mistake I didn't make over the years.

Yet even I'm totally appalled by the outcome and even more so the conduct.

2 million is a big enough pot for people to look at legal advise. Just takes the right person with the stomach for it.

This basically. Investing in this was probably the only schoolboy mistake I didn't make over the years.

Yet even I'm totally appalled by the outcome and even more so the conduct.

2 million is a big enough pot for people to look at legal advise. Just takes the right person with the stomach for it.

but what could you argue? it was clear from day 1 it was a gamble and $2m doesn't guarantee a good successful game

yeah its a boring uninspiring game, but they did sell shares to a game that they produced

but that said, when matches can play out like this, it doesnt excite people to play

https://youtu.be/tetLSkYkiGw

Last edited:
but what could you argue? it was clear from day 1 it was a gamble and $2m doesn't guarantee a good successful game

yeah its a boring uninspiring game, but they did sell shares to a game that they produced

but that said, when matches can play out like this, it doesnt excite people to play

It's more about conduct then outcome.

For one I wonder (but am too lazy to check) about regulation regarding reporting on crowdfunded projects.

Another thing would be the predictability of the result somewhere along the line. How much budget was left after x amount of development time.

Was it impossible to pull the plug on this thing and at least be able to pay 1 million or so back? How much is actually left of the initial budget btw?

Were consumers given enough information about the risks?

i think the difference is between expectations and actual happenings ...

regarding compet, some of us maybe had ideas and dreams, also about the connection to EU pets and taming, were patient for nearly an eternity, and we know what was delivered and how it turned out...

regarding arkadian moon, and like the underground back then, we at least know already how the game will look like, so the difference to our expectations will be kinda small compared to ... compet ... like a castle ;)

Every forum on every planet you are discording about the stuff over and over again. Add this to the apartments add that to the estates, create these deeds, create those. Its annoying as hell, let them be!

I feel sorry for people who lost the money, even so there were a lot of signals about the upcoming fiasco. If MA can salvage anything from the project then good, they should and then maybe reimburse what they can, but thats in their hands. Project is not completely dead, maybe they can still market it or sell it!

We dont want you to campaign for compets to be added to arkadia moon or free nutrio for all holders, its nuisance.

Read a book, or write one, forums are tired already.

THIS. Some people were REALLY invested in this and I could see lots of bad PR arising from it. Forget the news headlines "guy loots $30k USD in a game" how would a headline like "Mindark takes $2million from players to build shoddy app and takes 2 years to pay out pennies in return to investors." affect player growth?

You could cite precedence as kickstarter campaigns that have gone a similar route. It was in essence a crowd funded project and considering the outcome, not just the payout but how the whole development/launch/payment delay was handled, if this were Kickstarter it would warrant a full investigation of exactly where this money went that was to be used to develop and to market this app.

Scary times indeed - if I were MA I'd be running damage control FAST trying to make this up to investors before it causes more issues.

Not off topic, but it's the same as crypto monney. Invest wisely, or fail...

Dudes from all EU could sweat a month and make a donation to compet holders :)

Every forum on every planet you are discording about the stuff over and over again. Add this to the apartments add that to the estates, create these deeds, create those. Its annoying as hell, let them be!
If we just idly, 'let them be' nothing every fucking happens... 9/10th of the improvements in this game over the last 3-4 years happened due to wish list threads if you trace the history...

Some of the ways things get implemented isn't quite the way the community asked for it initially, but still... if we just idly sit by and twiddle our damn thumbs as you seem to suggest the same damn crap goes on and on... Time for things to change eventually (possibly may take 5-10 years, but still...)

You could cite precedence as kickstarter campaigns that have gone a similar route. It was in essence a crowd funded project and considering the outcome, not just the payout but how the whole development/launch/payment delay was handled, if this were Kickstarter it would warrant a full investigation of exactly where this money went that was to be used to develop and to market this app.
s.
At least one individual formerly in the Entropia Universe community learned from Mindark's ways I suppose...

Last edited:
9/10th of the improvements in this game over the last 3-4 years happened due to wish list threads if you trace the history...

As you call them improvements.
tbh, imo alot of those (improvements) are exactly the things that are killing this game, as how it was intended.
I also told them several times in support cases, that they should not always listen to the PCF, because they don't represent the majority of the players, as I, as you all can see almost never posted alot here (because I was playing) was most of the time pretty happy with the game. (not anymore)
As I also said before, MA or the PCF community want's to head towards the mainstream crap that is around everywhere, that the game loses the uniqueness it once had.

There was a time, I loved this game :rolleyes:

over the last 3-4 years
And indeed as you say it, this is about the time that I started to lose interest more and more.
But actually i'm happy this way, so you can have the game how you want it.

And for MA, stop shooting in all directions. :handgun:
Aim, hold your breath, then pull the trigger. :sniper:

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL though didn't they collect $2million? 200,000 deeds @ $10 each (minimum since they did increase price at some point)

Oh, my bad man... I tell you what, I'll adjust it to $2M when we reach $800,000 :laugh:

So I bid on some compet deeds for 4 peds for 10 etc. and 5 peds.. but I got outbid.. in fact the deeds sold for 690 ped. Some people must not know there was a payout.

Back