A question about agility.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have checked in Skill Scanner about agility and I know that it is not a profession so it does not show anything that helps to increase its value, the question is: Are there other attributes like stamina or strength that would help increase one's agility ?

Agility is an attribute, basically a skill, nothing contributes to it, it's Agility contributes to professions. And you gain it from doing activities related to those professions.

If you want fast agility skill gains, do powerfistin'

I believe agility will give 1 hp every 40 points.

Brawler is great for it as well as whipper.

Agility is an attribute, basically a skill, nothing contributes to it, it's Agility contributes to professions. And you gain it from doing activities related to those professions.

I understand that but just wondering why strength or stamina would not help more with agility. To me those two should contribute but maybe not. BTW my friend I do understand that agility is an attribute as I said in my second sentence:)

I understand that but just wondering why strength or stamina would not help more with agility. To me those two should contribute but maybe not. BTW my friend I do understand that agility is an attribute as I said in my second sentence:)

well, if you have ever played any kind of roleplaying game you know that attributes are different from skills.
Attributes are mainly physically related. So related to your body (or brain) performance.
Skills are like professions that can be "learned"

How would strength be in anyway related to agility?

An acrobat would be very agile.
A body builder would be very strong.

The bodybuilders strength does not say anything if he's agile or not. Actually in this case more the contrary.
An acrobat would be agile for sure, but maybe also strong.
A marathon walker would have outstanding stamina. But probably would lack strength (but not necessarily).

So why would stamina (or strength) affect agility?
The ability to run long, or take much damage doesnt say anything about the fact if someone can juggle 5 balls in the air.

So, as you see, these are not related at all.

I understand that but just wondering why strength or stamina would not help more with agility. To me those two should contribute but maybe not.

The thread is not in the "WishList" section so I assumed you are asking how it works, not suggesting how it should. My bad.

well, if you have ever played any kind of roleplaying game you know that attributes are different from skills.
Attributes are mainly physically related. So related to your body (or brain) performance.
Skills are like professions that can be "learned"

How would strength be in anyway related to agility?

An acrobat would be very agile.
A body builder would be very strong.

The bodybuilders strength does not say anything if he's agile or not. Actually in this case more the contrary.
An acrobat would be agile for sure, but maybe also strong.
A marathon walker would have outstanding stamina. But probably would lack strength (but not necessarily).

So why would stamina (or strength) affect agility?
The ability to run long, or take much damage doesnt say anything about the fact if someone can juggle 5 balls in the air.

So, as you see, these are not related at all.

The thread is not in the "WishList" section so I assumed you are asking how it works, not suggesting how it should. My bad.

Jeeze you guys what are you talking about ??????

What does this game have to do with real life ???? Its a game. I am not disagreeing with Wizz about real life but I will repeat: This is a game !

Svarog where do you get I am saying anything about"How it should be ?" from "Are there other attributes like stamina or strength that would help increase one's agility ? " You may have got it from my second post but I assure you that was not my intent.

It seems that a simple Yes Or No would have answered the question nicely for me:)

Jeeze you guys what are you talking about ??????

What does this game have to do with real life ???? Its a game. I am not disagreeing with Wizz about real life but I will repeat: This is a game !

Svarog where do you get I am saying anything about"How it should be ?" from "Are there other attributes like stamina or strength that would help increase one's agility ? " You may have got it from my second post but I assure you that was not my intent.

It seems that a simple Yes Or No would have answered the question nicely for me:)

Uhhh dan, I started my sentence with " if you have ever played a role playing game"
With roleplaying games you have to make characters, usually on a character sheet.

The examples were just, well, examples!

*edit*
ok, lets turn the question around, why do you think that strength should have influence on agility?

Last edited:
Uhhh dan, I started my sentence with " if you have ever played a role playing game"
With roleplaying games you have to make characters, usually on a character sheet.

The examples were just, well, examples!

*edit*
ok, lets turn the question around, why do you think that strength should have influence on agility?

Sorry but really this game is about it for me. Warcraft and StarCraft in the early days like 12-15 years ago. Never did get into role playing or games like counter strike not a quick enough player for them. Did like 1942 and the like but that is about it so my knowledge.

The bad thing about a forum is it seems so blunt and I didn't really mean like it sounded, I was not trying to be rude truly I wasn't but you can not put inflection in the sentences that one types :)

Apologies as I meant no offense to either of you.

Sorry but really this game is about it for me. Warcraft and StarCraft in the early days like 12-15 years ago. Never did get into role playing or games like counter strike not a quick enough player for them. Did like 1942 and the like but that is about it so my knowledge.

The bad thing about a forum is it seems so blunt and I didn't really mean like it sounded, I was not trying to be rude truly I wasn't but you can not put inflection in the sentences that one types :)

Apologies as I meant no offense to either of you.

lol Dan, dont worry.

Yeah that;s the problem while writing. It's hard to set a tone, and it easily sounds rash while thats not meant to be ;)

But still I like you to answer the question, why do you think strength should influence agility?

lol Dan, dont worry.

Yeah that;s the problem while writing. It's hard to set a tone, and it easily sounds rash while thats not meant to be ;)

But still I like you to answer the question, why do you think strength should influence agility?

Sorry forgot that part. That was just physical trait that I used and also stamina but no real reason. However why would running not increase your strength ? Why I am saying these thing is MA tries make everything in the game lifelike and strength and stamina helps one physical being so why not. I guess I am just thinking out loud. It would be hard for a person that weights 500 pounds to be agile unless he is 8 feet tall LOL. Anyway no big reason really.

I am from the old school and I think that if you don't know something you should ask or remain a fool.

Lets just imagine for a moment someone asks a question on a public forum.
(Not talking about anyone here, mind you)

Now, wouldn't it be nice if he wouldn't then proceed to attack the very people who're honestly trying to answer his questions?
Otherwise, y'know, people might get a false impression he might be one insecure thankless sob!
Surely nobody in their right mind wants to leave that impression. Right? :cool:

Lets just imagine for a moment someone asks a question on a public forum.
(Not talking about anyone here, mind you)

Now, wouldn't it be nice if he wouldn't then proceed to attack the very people who're honestly trying to answer his questions?
Otherwise, y'know, people might get a false impression he might be one insecure thankless sob!
Surely nobody in their right mind wants to leave that impression. Right? :cool:

I really hope that I am not doing that and if that is the impression that I am giving it is not what I want to do and I will tell all here that I am sorry to anyone who thinks that I am. I must admit when someone calls me stupid or ignorant about a question then all bets are off.

Just one question, why would one ask a question if he does not want a straight answer. Most of the time a simple yes or no would suffice:)

As far as I know attributes are not related to each other at all. Now certain professions, could affect multiple attributes, but that is a mechanic of professions not attributes.

I came back in 2010 with 5k skills or so and 72 agility. Agility was pretty much frozen that high then, and still is now.

It sits at 97 now, But most of that is from missions, the skill itself is very very slow to gain, I would venture I gained 2-3 natural points over the course of 450k skills since then.

In the same time I gained +60 pts of str, +11 pts of stamina, +70 psyche (maybe took tokens one time as reward) and +9 intel, but my agility still only gets .0000 or .0001 of a point per gain. Ofc I couldn't tell back then what it was exactly, but the bar itself seems to move at the same rate from activity as it did back then. It sure seems once an attribute hits 70, the gains hit a wall.

New players should really try to keep tokens until they hit this wall for the most benefit toward their attibutes.

Would be cool if they helped each other with actual gains but they or more complimentary of each other with related professions instead.

As far as I know attributes are not related to each other at all. Now certain professions, could affect multiple attributes, but that is a mechanic of professions not attributes.

I came back in 2010 with 5k skills or so and 72 agility. Agility was pretty much frozen that high then, and still is now.

It sits at 97 now, But most of that is from missions, the skill itself is very very slow to gain, I would venture I gained 2-3 natural points over the course of 450k skills since then.

In the same time I gained +60 pts of str, +11 pts of stamina, +70 psyche (maybe took tokens one time as reward) and +9 intel, but my agility still only gets .0000 or .0001 of a point per gain. Ofc I couldn't tell back then what it was exactly, but the bar itself seems to move at the same rate from activity as it did back then. It sure seems once an attribute hits 70, the gains hit a wall.

New players should really try to keep tokens until they hit this wall for the most benefit toward their attibutes.

Would be cool if they helped each other with actual gains but they or more complimentary of each other with related professions instead.

Very interesting I too get .0000 or .0001 when I even get any agility. I am at 91 and it sure doesn't seem to move at all. I must admit I am on my puny thing right now so that may be a bunch of it but it didn't seem to have much movement before when I was Caperon and killed a buch and it didn't seem to move much with them either.

Planet Name Objective Repeatable Reward Reward Skills Mission Broker Longitude Latitude Nearest City Required Mission Added Completed

Planet Cyrene A.R.C. Challenge - 20,000 Dire Weeds Earn 20,000 Dire Weed Killpoints No Agility (## Tokens) and Direweed Trophy and Athletics (eq. ##.## PED implant) or Alertness (eq.##.## PED implant) Agility, Alertness, Athletics Challenger Russell 138782 77664 Rookie Training Area A.R.C. Challenge - 9000 Dire Weeds Completed

Planet Cyrene A.R.C. Challenge - 9000 Swamp Lurkers Kill 9000 Swamp Lurkers No Agility (## Tokens) and Handgun (eq. ##.## PED implant) or Rifle (eq. ##.## PED implant) or Shortblades (eq. ##.## PED implant) Agility, Handgun, Rifle, Shortblades Challenger Mordecai 138869 77129 A.R.C. Staging A.R.C. Challenge - 5000 Swamp Lurkers Completed

Planet Cyrene Empis Destroyer - Rank 1 Kill 100 Empis Wasps No Agility (3 Tokens) Agility A.R.C. Challenger Davis 12.8.2 Completed
Planet Cyrene Empis Destroyer - Rank 2 Kill 500 Empis Wasps No Agility (16 Tokens) Agility A.R.C. Challenger Davis Empis Destroyer - Rank 1 Completed
Planet Cyrene Empis Destroyer - Rank 3 Kill 1000 Empis Wasps No Agility (32 Tokens) Agility A.R.C. Challenger Davis Empis Destroyer - Rank 2 Completed
Planet Cyrene Empis Destroyer - Rank 4 Kill 5000 Empis Wasps No Agility (164 Tokens) Agility A.R.C. Challenger Davis Empis Destroyer - Rank 3 Completed
Planet Cyrene Empis Destroyer - Rank 5 Kill 9000 Empis Wasps No Agility (295 Tokens) and Inflict Melee Damage (eq. 12.12 PED implant) or Inflict Ranged Damage (eq. 12.12 PED implant) or Vehicle Repairing (eq. 12.12 PED implant) Agility, Inflict Melee Damage, Inflict Ranged Damage, Vehicle Repairing A.R.C. Challenger Davis Empis Destroyer - Rank 4 Completed

Planet Cyrene Rhino Rampage - Rank 1 Kill 2500 Rhino Beetles No Agility (364 Tokens) Agility A.R.C. Challenger Dane 138869 77128 A.R.C. Staging 12.8.2 Completed

In real life, yes Dan, agility and other attributes can be interrelated. However, this game is not real life and, as such, the attributes utilized in this GAME are not interrelated as is/was the design of the game. There are usually many such inconsistencies in all games as this one and to try to understand the workings of these games in a real life context would be futile.

It sure seems once an attribute hits 70, the gains hit a wall.

Nope, this is definitely not true. No "wall" at lvl 70, the correct number is 85-95 (it's somewhat subjective what one considers "hitting a wall" so I can't give one specific number but rather an interval).

The progress slows down as you get to higher levels (because it's based on a logarithmic scale). What we have here is effectively a "soft cap".
"Hard cap" is when you go at full speed and at certain point suddenly can't go any further.
"Soft cap" is the same but with a gradual slowdown before you hit the wall.
The end result is the same, there is a limit. I suspect in EU this limit (aka "soft cap") is somewhere around 95-100 but there's no meaningful progress a few levels short of the ultimate limit (unless MA has changed the system in last 12 months or so).

Around lvl 70 the progress is getting noticeably slower but it's not the same as no progress at all. I skilled past lvl 85 AGI naturally. It took me years but if I was able to do that, anyone can.

I fully agree with your second statement. If your goal is to get high attributes it's a good idea to keep the tokens until you hit the soft cap. Most people give it up a few levels too early and end up regretting it later. That's just human nature. We're impatient suckers and there's nothing we can do about that. :)

Nope, this is definitely not true. No "wall" at lvl 70, the correct number is 85-95 (it's somewhat subjective what one considers "hitting a wall" so I can't give one specific number but rather an interval).

The progress slows down as you get to higher levels (because it's based on a logarithmic scale). What we have here is effectively a "soft cap".
"Hard cap" is when you go at full speed and at certain point suddenly can't go any further.
"Soft cap" is the same but with a gradual slowdown before you hit the wall.
The end result is the same, there is a limit. I suspect in EU this limit (aka "soft cap") is somewhere around 95-100 but there's no meaningful progress a few levels short of the ultimate limit (unless MA has changed the system in last 12 months or so).

Around lvl 70 the progress is getting noticeably slower but it's not the same as no progress at all. I skilled past lvl 85 AGI naturally. It took me years but if I was able to do that, anyone can.

I fully agree with your second statement. If your goal is to get high attributes it's a good idea to keep the tokens until you hit the soft cap. Most people give it up a few levels too early and end up regretting it later. That's just human nature. We're impatient suckers and there's nothing we can do about that. :)

Not sure about all that was said here BUT the best advice I had seen in a long time is the part about saving your agility points until you get higher like above 70 and I think even higher would be better. Myself I didn't even think about and I wish I had right now :(

Back