Public-opinion poll: How long Entropia Universe is going to last

How long Entropia Universe is going to last?

• Another 20 years and more.

Votes: 98 46.4%
  • 10 years or less

Votes: 34 16.1%
  • 5~ years

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • 2020 is the end?

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • I trust MindArk and every decision they make. This poll is irrelevant

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters

Kevlie

Prowler
Society
Dark Side
Daniel Ninja Kevlie
Public-opinion poll: How long Entropia Universe is going to last. Pure guess and your opinions are welcome. Please use vote buttons.

As long as the there are people who craft exp IV and they keep giving payouts on CLD, although not 0.35 ped per 2 years it will last indefinitely. :lolup:

* also that ppl keep buying statues, and UL equus and <insertname> of the yearly milking to stay afloat at global auction. And the 2-3 year ocassional <insertdeedname> crowdfunding to develop the game. Although after the Compet fiasco i reckon people gonna be a bit more weary when choosing to invest on deeds again..

As long as the there are people who craft exp IV and they keep giving payouts on CLD, although not 0.35 ped per 2 years it will last indefinitely. :lolup:

* also that ppl keep buying statues, and UL equus and <insertname> of the yearly milking to stay afloat at global auction. And the 2-3 year ocassional <insertdeedname> crowdfunding to develop the game. Although after the Compet fiasco i reckon people gonna be a bit more weary when choosing to invest on deeds again..

especially when its fucking obvious that the moon deeds will be a huge failure as well. splitting thr revenue between UG and moon deeds... just pure stupidity. everyone who buys either of them is bound to lose as they drop to 35-40 peds shortly after the moon is finished

especially when its fucking obvious that the moon deeds will be a huge failure as well. splitting thr revenue between UG and moon deeds... just pure stupidity. everyone who buys either of them is bound to lose as they drop to 35-40 peds shortly after the moon is finished

Just curious why you think moon deeds will fail horrendously? I thought compet was pretty obvious given how hard it is to break through the mobile market yada yada

Easy.....

TL:DR not enough people to it

@on topic

Entropia keep going , because its hard to leave even all bullshit mindark did
if you invest whole 10yr your life playing this game for fun or bussines or mixed
eventual you get tied but yes agree for how long? i guess if mindark dont fix their own bullshit and focus main game eventual going vanish my guess is 5yr. its only reason not yet is gone because none other company want to do one game with RCE because not worth ... much better trow cashshop with never can take off

Last edited:
If people are buying cryptocoins and cocacola - Entropia is here to stay forever

Another 20 years and more. Because Mindark is like the worst superweed in my garden, you can't change it for the good and you can't ffs get rid of it. But sell your garden and move elsewhere...

And there's some strange habits in human behaviour, that will make all this things happen continuously...

It' s simple, until we will deposit enough to make it worth running :laugh:

Another 20 years and more. Because Mindark is like the worst superweed in my garden, you can't change it for the good and you can't ffs get rid of it. But sell your garden and move elsewhere...

And there's some strange habits in human behaviour, that will make all this things happen continuously...

Now there's a new marketing slogan. They should hire you

I voted another 20 years and more.

Its not only MA operating EU, MA only has the platform and atm Caly.
All other PP are involved aswell, and they trust with millon dollars in MA.

Although the coding seems still beeing fairly weak, people adopt to the bugs and failures that will come, as they did last 10+ years already.
There is still no other company going the risk with an RCE game, at least I don´t know any.
There was one try to build concurence for MA with the Afterworld, which failed and is dead now. MA is still here and expanded with more PP involved.

I am sure more PP will join in this venture, and some of them may do proper advertising to build their own playerbase.

And we have next generation players in EU. While there is a lot old well known names, there is a lot new players active in EU. Some of them may become believers as we older players already are.
Over time some of the older players will leave for whatever reasons, as it already happend. Some will come back, some won´t. Thats not a big problem for MA nor is it for the PP, as there will be new "younger" players come and fill this gap.
A lot in EU is quit close to pure gambling, and people like to gamble, so EU will stay alive.

Maybe there will come up some new laws in the future that make it harder for MA/PP to operate EU, but they will adopt and thats it. Game will continue.

Even if it is not visible to most people that have been around for a long time, I think we have much more players in EU than we have had in 2010. Sadly no official numbers about that!
Why we see less people as we did in 2010, is just because we have a more planets now. EU is much bigger than it was in 2010.

Beside that we have a lot investors that own LAs, Deeds, Shops whatever who actually do a lot to keep people hunting/mining by promoting all kind of events. Some of them do it even for free players, like Big Industries with their SSI.

Actually I can´t see that EU will fail anywhere in near future.
With the moon deeds coming from Ark atm, there is also another option for new players to place an PED generating investment. Maybe it won´t be as good as existing deeds, but it could also become a lot better. This all depends what Ark team will offer at this moon, beside another mining area. Events can do a lot to make an area successful, beside that, they have the option to place unique mobs or unique mined resources at the moon, which surely will attract people to go there.

About the sky is falling threads, well I have read that 10 years ago, I still read it and I still smile about it.
Beside some other gamedevelopers that release free to play games with micropayments just to shut it down after first year money draining, MA is doing a fairly good job for over 10 years now.
Sure there is a lot problems with bugs glitches, meanwhile outdated engine and whatever.
MA is relative small company and it takes them a lot time to fix things, but they fix things.

To say it with NDs words: "You have to believe and never give up!"

This still is true!

Entropia will continue as long as other people pay for development.

Whether it's new planet partners,

Or players buying deeds,

Or players buying moons,

Or players contributing CPU cycles to get a share of a virtual coin,

As long as people keep giving MA money for undeveloped and poorly realized game mechanics MA will keep taking it.

If each person pays 3 dollars to play a day on average. (30 peds out of 1000 cycled for example).

And plays every day of the year, MA will take 1000 per player per year.

Let's assume there are 2000 active players.

MA takes about 2 million a year. I think they'll be fine for a while. Maybe they'll even bring in more players hopefully.

But they seriously have got to focus on the core game and making it a bit more exciting for newer players.

5 years max. Maybe even shorter. I don't know about you but I want to be more immersed and I can't really see that coming in EU in the same pace as other developers. Do they really have the muscle to move to a more immersive engine in the next 5 years? I don't think so. I don't think they even know how or can change the core engine, looks and game play that exists now. They can add stuff on top of what already exists but can they even add a bush or a tree any longer? They obviously know how to remove stuff, but adding or organically change the world as we know it?

Another issue is that we as a community has zero contact with the folks at MA any longer. Yea, we get posts from Bertha the Bot telling us when servers are going down. And we speculate our heads off what this actually means. They are passive readers of our thoughts and suggestions,but it is only when it is really urgent to tell us we are wrong, they will post anything.

Anyone remember PE and when they had people in mIRC?
Instantly answering peoples needs and questions.

If I don't see any initiative regarding technology or communication advancements I don't believe this world has a future.

I really hope MA get acquired by a competent company that can appreciate the real value of EU and the RCE that we have. If this happens then we can go on forever :yay:

The direction MA has taken with the management worries me a lot and EU is becoming to "gamified" for my liking.

Hopefully things will turn around. Planet partners like Ark give me a lot of hope for the future.

Personally I don't think MA know what they are doing next month, let alone 10 years from now.

Indefinitely. It has reached a well self-sustained state, recent [financially] smart decisions like strongboxes and EP fixed the ledger, old players leave but a healthy amount of new ones decide to play big, all is good.

The only things that could kill it would come from outside. Like a new game with same concept but more dynamic development - haven't happened in 15+ years so can't see it coming any time soon, there must be something special about MA (if I put on my tinfoil hat, I'd say it's some very intimate relations with Lotteriinspektionen or higher :ahh:). Or MA suddenly decide to change their line of business entirely, shut EU down (or sell, which just as surely would kill it) and start trading castles for bitcoins.

P.S.: don't forget that Compet is not really MA. Downfall of Compet (which didn't happen by the way, the game exists and works, it shows more signs of life than half of Entropia's planets and they might really do some relaunch), is more like downfall of Next Island or all the forgotten side deals (SEE? CRD? Sometrics? Xfire?). A deal dissolves, MA moves on unscathed. They are masters of survival.

Just curious why you think moon deeds will fail horrendously? I thought compet was pretty obvious given how hard it is to break through the mobile market yada yada

Yea compet deed was kinda obvious is gonna be a failure. Moon deeds is gonna be great

5 years max. Maybe even shorter. I don't know about you but I want to be more immersed and I can't really see that coming in EU in the same pace as other developers. Do they really have the muscle to move to a more immersive engine in the next 5 years?

Dont need another engine. Great as it is. They should work on what they have

Indefinitely. It has reached a well self-sustained state, recent [financially] smart decisions like strongboxes and EP fixed the ledger, old players leave but a healthy amount of new ones decide to play big, all is good.

The only things that could kill it would come from outside. Like a new game with same concept but more dynamic development - haven't happened in 15+ years so can't see it coming any time soon, there must be something special about MA (if I put on my tinfoil hat, I'd say it's some very intimate relations with Lotteriinspektionen or higher :ahh:). Or MA suddenly decide to change their line of business entirely, shut EU down (or sell, which just as surely would kill it) and start trading castles for bitcoins.

P.S.: don't forget that Compet is not really MA. Downfall of Compet (which didn't happen by the way, the game exists and works, it shows more signs of life than half of Entropia's planets and they might really do some relaunch), is more like downfall of Next Island or all the forgotten side deals (SEE? CRD? Sometrics? Xfire?). A deal dissolves, MA moves on unscathed. They are masters of survival.

Agree with that whole statement. I think you forgot to mention stricter laws regulating this sort of game play (gambling) as an outside influence.

I voted another 20 years and more.

Its not only MA operating EU, MA only has the platform and atm Caly.
All other PP are involved aswell, and they trust with millon dollars in MA.

Although the coding seems still beeing fairly weak, people adopt to the bugs and failures that will come, as they did last 10+ years already.
There is still no other company going the risk with an RCE game, at least I don´t know any.
There was one try to build concurence for MA with the Afterworld, which failed and is dead now. MA is still here and expanded with more PP involved.

I am sure more PP will join in this venture, and some of them may do proper advertising to build their own playerbase.

And we have next generation players in EU. While there is a lot old well known names, there is a lot new players active in EU. Some of them may become believers as we older players already are.
Over time some of the older players will leave for whatever reasons, as it already happend. Some will come back, some won´t. Thats not a big problem for MA nor is it for the PP, as there will be new "younger" players come and fill this gap.
A lot in EU is quit close to pure gambling, and people like to gamble, so EU will stay alive.

Maybe there will come up some new laws in the future that make it harder for MA/PP to operate EU, but they will adopt and thats it. Game will continue.

Even if it is not visible to most people that have been around for a long time, I think we have much more players in EU than we have had in 2010. Sadly no official numbers about that!
Why we see less people as we did in 2010, is just because we have a more planets now. EU is much bigger than it was in 2010.

Beside that we have a lot investors that own LAs, Deeds, Shops whatever who actually do a lot to keep people hunting/mining by promoting all kind of events. Some of them do it even for free players, like Big Industries with their SSI.

Actually I can´t see that EU will fail anywhere in near future.
With the moon deeds coming from Ark atm, there is also another option for new players to place an PED generating investment. Maybe it won´t be as good as existing deeds, but it could also become a lot better. This all depends what Ark team will offer at this moon, beside another mining area. Events can do a lot to make an area successful, beside that, they have the option to place unique mobs or unique mined resources at the moon, which surely will attract people to go there.

About the sky is falling threads, well I have read that 10 years ago, I still read it and I still smile about it.
Beside some other gamedevelopers that release free to play games with micropayments just to shut it down after first year money draining, MA is doing a fairly good job for over 10 years now.
Sure there is a lot problems with bugs glitches, meanwhile outdated engine and whatever.
MA is relative small company and it takes them a lot time to fix things, but they fix things.

To say it with NDs words: "You have to believe and never give up!"

This still is true!

You write " Even if it is not visible to most people that have been around for a long time, I think we have much more players in EU than we have had in 2010. Sadly no official numbers about that!
Why we see less people as we did in 2010, is just because we have a more planets now. EU is much bigger than it was in 2010. "

I can say i know then a avatar who worked for MA and the avatar told me year 2009 - 2010 that game had about 5000 active avatars.

It's actually a hard thing to nail down if I give it some thought as there are a few outcomes I can see..

A) Mindark finds a new cash cow to milk. (Maybe deeptoken?)

As soon as MA finds another source of income it's my thought that they will dump EU as soon as possible. Don't think they will just shut it down - I think they will probably try to sell it. And an existing planet partner would be the best candidate that might be interested to buy. At current, Arkadia Studios is the only one remotely close to a position to make that happen. (Couple more moon sales and they could probably do it inside 3 years)

If they can't sell they will probably just let EU rot slowly to get every last few pennies out of it while they focus on their new cash cow.

B) Mindark succeeds in transition EU to the 2.0 micro-payment version they have been trying to years and it multiplies their profits 10-fold.

This EU 2.0 theory is a whole discussion on it's own, but basically it's pretty obvious they are trying to make a move from having just a few avatars account for 90% of their earnings to a LOT of avatars that each contribute a very small %. Much easier to get 100,000 people each paying you $1 a month rather than 100 people each paying you $1,000. This is one of the reasons why there is a such a focus on making the game more affordable and attractive especially to new players.

It's a move that has to be made slow and will eventually force most of the old/highly invested players to leave but if they pull it off it could guarantee their sustainability for a long time as it will strike a perfect balance between gamblers and casual gamers.

Perhaps the new CEO can make this utopia happen?

C) Mindark gets into a lot of hot water (financial or otherwise) over new gaming regulations that affect RCE games and/or issues arising from disgruntled avatars over compet-like dealings.

Should this happen they will probably just shut the doors one day without notice. We'll wake up and the servers will be offline with a note on the EU homepage saying "Thanks for the last X years but we've shut down as we are filing chapter 11".

Any one of these 3 things can happen relatively soon (1-3 years). And the outcomes could spell the end for Entropia in as little as a couple years or it could be another 10+ years. One thing is certain. EU in it's current state with it's current drama it's looking more and more like option C is most likely.

The new CEO really has their work cut out for them to turn this around. 2018 promises to be a very interesting year for Entropia. Kudos for the CEO pushing for compet payments to come out (assuming they had anything to do with it) but I think they need to run some damage control and reinvest some of that $2million into directly making the players happy again. I can't imagine that anyone invested in compet was all all happy with literally ANY aspect of that whole project from development delays, to payment delays, to sub per financial performance and an incomplete app with horrible reviews.

Voted 2020 but wouldn't be surprised if it goes faster than that.

Too many red flags all over the gaff.

lol, yeah, thats what I thought in 2008 as well.
And in 2010
and in 2015
but now I stopped thinking that and just look beyond.

MA will endure as long as us players support it.
Been here 13 years already, and not planning to leave soon!

key issue is and always has been newbie retention (I can literally see new players join and leave every day on rookie) and ma is absolutely nothing to tackle that. ma's unbelievable LAZINESS makes 2020 sound realistic more and more.

key issue is and always has been newbie retention (I can literally see new players join and leave every day on rookie) and ma is absolutely nothing to tackle that. ma's unbelievable LAZINESS makes 2020 sound realistic more and more.

I dont think this is fair to say.
Compared to the old days there's more newbie stuff than ever!
So many noob missions that give free stuff and free ammo!

So I think there surely has been a lot of focus on new players. Far more then in the project entropia days.

I dont think this is fair to say.
Compared to the old days there's more newbie stuff than ever!
So many noob missions that give free stuff and free ammo!

So I think there surely has been a lot of focus on new players. Far more then in the project entropia days.

The biggest retainer are probably the daily noob ubers. This favoring of new players subsidized by older more skilled players was part of my decision to sell all my stuff and withdraw. Just too plain obvious and no end of that policy in sight.

The biggest retainer are probably the daily noob ubers. This favoring of new players subsidized by older more skilled players was part of my decision to sell all my stuff and withdraw. Just too plain obvious and no end of that policy in sight.

When did you get your first hof?

Many oldtimers have been a noob once.
And many oldtimers got a hof when they were still noobs.

We all had our chances for a noob hof.

Dont get me wrong, I do see 8k hofs for people with just 50 ped total worth of globals.
But to say thats a reason to witdraw?

I've seen non noobs getting 300k hofs, which is far more ridiculous if you'd ask me.
I'd rather see 100x 3k hofs on noobs, than 1x 300k hof on an uber.
The first is far more inspiring. That means everybody could HOF. The 300k HOF means you gotta be 1 in a miljon to get it.

key issue is and always has been newbie retention (I can literally see new players join and leave every day on rookie

that's exactly the problem.Wrong place filled with wrong people.

Back