Public-opinion poll: How long Entropia Universe is going to last

How long Entropia Universe is going to last?

• Another 20 years and more.

Votes: 98 46.4%
  • 10 years or less

Votes: 34 16.1%
  • 5~ years

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • 2020 is the end?

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • I trust MindArk and every decision they make. This poll is irrelevant

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters
50%+ voted for EU lasting 20 years or more, that in itself shows how good faith at least forum dwellers have in MA.

:wise:If they keep trying to evolve EU, and more importantly learn from their mistakes, eventually EU VR sword art online VR style, although prefaribly with a logout option.
I can see it lasting 30 years or more.

But then again technology is evolving really fast, who knows what the future will hold.

Indeed. However only a little over 100 people voted, but I guess the general Idea is that at least “most” of the active pcf members agree that EU is staying. Let’s hope for others to vote and see the poll result in the end of the week. But the most suprising thing, not poll results, but the opinions and arguments that were given. I felt they were honest and interesting to read. Keep them coming people!

I outlined some ideas here and there already, but the most important thing is to make people log in regularly, if not every day. hence, weekly and seasonal events that newbies can actually participate in to make a few ped off veterans.

e.g. every sunday, sweat gathered is red sweat instead of the regular one. red sweat is in turn redeemable for vendor prices ranging from low (for e.g. outfit pieces, or some puny hunting gear) to high (vehicle, L guns, even a damn apartment as a top range price!) obv at least some of those redeemed items should be non-tradeable. same system could be used for a new kind of fruit you can find only on one weekend a month. optionally there could be a leaderboard system and a monthly/yearly winner

the last merry mayhem already went in this kind of direction with farmable strongboxes, but the important thing that was still not present is that EVERYBODY can participate for free or at least a very low price and is de facto rewarded for his time with skill and sellable items. I know from playing other games how important events you are actually looking forward to are.

development time for this is very low, as assets already in the game are reused or repurposed

God i wished i had ped every time a noob comes up with new idea for sweat, what they forget is for sweat to sell another player has to deposit to buy their sweat. MA do not want loads of gold farmers that will not pay the bills.

I dont think its dead and it will survive, but it would help if MA stuck to promises and stop doing out of game shit.

50%+ voted for EU lasting 20 years or more, that in itself shows how good faith at least forum dwellers have in MA.

:wise:If they keep trying to evolve EU, and more importantly learn from their mistakes, eventually EU VR sword art online VR style, although prefaribly with a logout option.
I can see it lasting 30 years or more.

But then again technology is evolving really fast, who knows what the future will hold.

The 50% you talk about are wizz and other sweaters that hope to get enough sweat until then so they can hunt 1 day at least in this game :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

i think you couldn't be more wrong. people don't stop playing because they have to sweat, they stop playing because they can't afford a few bucks without shitting their pants first.

we need people who are able to depo from (nearly) day one, not kids who try to play free forever, expect everything to be cheapass or even worse, expect to profit from the ubers like you suggested.

but sure, it will help retention rate alot, if personal success decreases over time from the beginning, rather than increase with your skills and gear. that mindset is so crazy in my opinion, i don't know if i should laugh or cry about your statements.

The god couldn't say it better

I voted:

I trust MindArk and every decision they make. This poll is irrelevant

:)

I voted:

I trust MindArk and every decision they make. This poll is irrelevant

:)

Well this decision too establish DeepToken has become very interesting. We may have an answer to the poll question sooner than anyone thought.

As long as the "investors/shareholders" can use it for their gain. They will keep funding it as long as it benefits them in the end. Who here can do an in-depth analysis on the shareholders and their interests? Who are these people, what other investments do they have, and are said investors/shareholders alts of the top players (cause they win all the top stuff right.... no money loss....)? And what is neverdie up to these days?:scratch2:

Hrmm... this poll is quite interesting since basically ~10% of the people which have voted to time (a little bit less, 8,xx%) have put themselves out of the equation for educated decisions.
'I trust MA with all their decisions' is a setup which is bound to fail, trust is a fickle thing usually, giving it away freely without any sort of retribution for failure to uphold the trust is a freeway for exploitation.

Given the grave changes in the systems over the last decade, steadily reducing volatility without addressing the core of the problems rather trying to mend the symptoms isn't a good long-term strategy, and investors have pulled out over time from it in a sizeable scale.
We can see it from the small growth represented in their yearly reports, while more and more people have access to the game while also more people have the financial ability to join it, the numbers don't correlate with it. Given the factors of growth in size of the Internet compared to the growth in size to the ONLY non-browser based market simulation which provides a direct exchange into Fiat currency is a sign of that.
What has been talked about since the game started off was the failing chances for people to perceive they can 'win' under the current conditions. That's bound primarily to the market, with a need for high-volatile items, changing their value steadily to provide opportunities, as well as a part which has a low volatility for people focused on steady growth. The only major impact we see on the market is a change in game-mechanics rather then community driven efforts, which makes the whole thing a pure gamble, high-risk, low-reward usually sadly. Until this is addressed by changing some basic systems to provide such a 'level playing field' for everyone there is simply no chance the game while thrive long-term.
Don't get me wrong, it'll exist for quite a while still, at least unless they are getting sued for any sort of gambling related topic and loose. At least 5 years, probably longer, though the closer towards the end of this time.line, the less opportunity to win and the more the player-base will dwindle, that's something we've been able to see in perspective to the amount of gamers in general since a long time now.

I started playing a couple of years ago and played heavily for around year before I quit. I still come back to the forums from time to time to see if anything is new to make me want to check out the game again. Every time I visit the forum, here's what I see:

1) The same people still complaining about the same shit.
2) Some new pyramid scheme from MA.

What I think is that the game is kept alive by a small group of heavily invested/addicted players; so in that regard I guess it could go on indefinitely since MA seems to stay afloat just fine in spite of their constant stream of poor decisions.

Several people commented on player retention and I agree this is a problem. I tend to go hard when I get into something, so when I started playing I ended up spending a lot of time and money on the game. It took some initial effort to look past how terrible the actual game itself is, but what kept me going was mostly the cool people I met and the fun of doing group stuff. Team hunts were probably my biggest appeal, and of course swirl chasing.

I tried to turn other people on to it, but without having the same addictive personality as me, they typically reacted with "wtf, this is garbage, why are you playing this?". I think when I was really into the game I became a bit blind to just how crappy it actually is. I think there might be a lot of the core player base that suffers from this.

Simply put the game mechanics are mind-numbingly boring and buggy, the graphics/technology is at least 10 years behind, and the game is ridiculously expensive. You can easily have way more fun for way less money with thousands of other games on the market. So I personally don't see the game ever becoming popular without a huge overhaul, but yea, it will probably keep surviving and when I come check the forums again in another 6 months I will still see the same people still bitching about the same stuff and there will be some new MA scam that has everyone claiming they are rage quitting (for real this time :rolleyes:).

I started playing a couple of years ago and played heavily for around year before I quit. I still come back to the forums from time to time to see if anything is new to make me want to check out the game again. Every time I visit the forum, here's what I see:

1) The same people still complaining about the same shit.
2) Some new pyramid scheme from MA.

What I think is that the game is kept alive by a small group of heavily invested/addicted players; so in that regard I guess it could go on indefinitely since MA seems to stay afloat just fine in spite of their constant stream of poor decisions.

Several people commented on player retention and I agree this is a problem. I tend to go hard when I get into something, so when I started playing I ended up spending a lot of time and money on the game. It took some initial effort to look past how terrible the actual game itself is, but what kept me going was mostly the cool people I met and the fun of doing group stuff. Team hunts were probably my biggest appeal, and of course swirl chasing.

I tried to turn other people on to it, but without having the same addictive personality as me, they typically reacted with "wtf, this is garbage, why are you playing this?". I think when I was really into the game I became a bit blind to just how crappy it actually is. I think there might be a lot of the core player base that suffers from this.

Simply put the game mechanics are mind-numbingly boring and buggy, the graphics/technology is at least 10 years behind, and the game is ridiculously expensive. You can easily have way more fun for way less money with thousands of other games on the market. So I personally don't see the game ever becoming popular without a huge overhaul, but yea, it will probably keep surviving and when I come check the forums again in another 6 months I will still see the same people still bitching about the same stuff and there will be some new MA scam that has everyone claiming they are rage quitting (for real this time :rolleyes:).

This clip from SP explains EU so well... =)

The Mechanics behind EU

Bonus:

Part1
Part2
Part3

asl long as Jimmy is able to hit the multipliers on Mulcibers it gonna stay :laugh:

I trust MindArk and every decision they make. This poll is irrelevant.....

Smart person should know this is the answer. Unless you have some sort of internal and reliably resources stating EU is incapable to continue their businesses or financially having a going concern issues.

BUT if EU announce to discontinue RCE, it's not too late to create such thread poll ;)

I vote for 20+ years.

The worst case is MA leave the servers running in some garage and let it tick over, and pay one or two admin to monitor it.

Even worse than the worse case, its goes broke and gets sold. Someone would buy it from the administrators (probably an MA person's wife non director), and even if the new owner banned withdrawals until they built up some funds, it's better than no game.

The other thing is it must be a good export for Sweden, bringing in money from around the globe. Politicians would probably support it to a certain degree, and mask it in some way that MA built some virtual office to cover some debts.

It will be here a long time after most of us are long dead.

Rick

20+ :) We are here and there are still crazy ppl like us around the world who might join and to keep this world running! Even if it's "shaking" from time to time EU will be around for long tho.

20 more i hope :grouphug:

Over 15 years in game, goldcard number 321, my money was/is more secure here than in bank account. Imho 20+yrs

Back