Suggestion: Avatar locked event gear

rtos00

Hatchling
Shannon AH Elwood
I really love the changes that MA has been making to the Mayhem event structure to encourage all levels of players to participate. The new HP and DPS limits really helped to even the playing field quite a bit. However, there are still problems with 'alts' competing in lower levels with uber gear. Do level 2 players really have access to perfected ares rings and EST armor?

I was thinking that maybe MA could implement a flag for gear that allows it to only be used by one player for the duration of the event. Once a player equips the item in an event instance, no one else may equip or enter an instance with the item equipped. This could reset after the event is over.

I know this causes some issues with renting gear and sharing with socmates, but seems like it might encourage more players to gear up to compete. I'd love to hear other's opinions.

Interesting idea, could have some kind of 'event item terminal' in which you have to put all items that you want to use in an event instance, they then become untradeable for the duration of said event or till you 'unregister' from the event. Cant use any items in event instances that have not been registered for the event.
Food for tought.

Why not event gear that gets equipped automatically when entering the instance and everything else is locked out - like in the Batsim.

+1 from me as long as they fix buff stacking so items acutally matter :laugh:

sounds like a cool plan, we already have soulbound items so implementing this can work easy.

When submit your category of competition you select gear that will become soulbound during the duration of the event. This would be really good sence ppl use alts an abuse the system.

Hmmm... interesting idea but not sure itd work unless u include all items including armor... otherwise itll be like hub where everyone ends up nude at first....

Can already see what the first bug will be...all items that are locked then become locked for all eternity and essentially bound to the player and cannot be traded or sold.

Estimated time to fix this new bug - between 6 months and never.

....I now think all suggestions should have serious thought as to the way MA could mess it up.
Its all fun coming up with these great new ideas (and boy are there a ton of them coming out), but really we need to remember that MA can mess up the simplest thing.

So please take a moment and think about what could go wrong and whether you would like it to happen or not (put the potential issues in your post as an FYI for MA), because MA's track record is not the best when it comes to implementing new things.

Back