specific items, which are then
released into the game. They are
distributed to players based on
a proprietary secret, black-box
algorithm; key considerations in
these distributions include players’
game and real-world skills, location,
equipment, and activity.

Location affects loot in real life. As does "real life skills" whatever that means. So I think shooting and waiting then shooting or not using auto loot gives better loot is what that means...

How are real life skills assessed?

It is a bit strangely written but I'm pretty sure they just mean:

players' game and real world skills
of course ingame skills affect your loot because they impact your ability to use tools efficiently, as for real world skills I assume they're talking about some of the more skill-based activities or how playing skillfully could impact your "loot", like with mayhem events, batsim, or by kiting mobs well.

I think this is just a vague way of saying different planets, spawns, servers, etc could have different mining resources or different creatures, including the "higher stake" mining areas, which would also affect the way in which your loot is distributed

equipment
this one is obvious, of course using different equipment has the potential to impact your loot in various ways (higher eff, lower eff, unmaxed, crit pills, etc)

activity
also pretty obvious, engaging in different activities has an effect on the way your loot is distributed because hunting, mining, and crafting loot are not all calculated and distributed in the exact same way

I don't see any new or interesting info here, personally.

So does that translate into individual loot assignment?

How you carve out your niche. Some are just doing better than others economically, in any environment. At least it's the only metric I can imagine a system like this game is able to measure.

According to the DeepToken whitepaper:

MindArk, in collaboration with its
planet partners, designs these
capabilities, and on occasion
equipment, and activity.

Location affects loot in real life. As does "real life skills" whatever that means. So I think shooting and waiting then shooting or not using auto loot gives better loot is what that means...

This isn't anything we didn't already know. Why the sensationalism?

Click bait title :D and I fell for it!

Oh, please people are asking what the hell RL skills are? Now what true RL skill is needed in EU? Could it be the skill of depositing? :)

MA needs to say real life skills matter. In that case it's not gambling.

Mob selection

That's what I've learned over the years. Best you can do is nail 2 of 3 and the other is in the black box.

Real life skills = hunting, mining and crafting for markup istead of "just hoping for the best".

Spreadsheet mechanic.

I guess deposited credit (TT'able items and peds) also make a major factor in loot decision. It gives the "rich" ones the sense of getting interest and, to them, justifies their real valued deposit. Just as a bank will reward large deposits. Another tricky thing that MA does is to let other players be responsible for the MU.... And they can hand a few MU valuable items out to the valued players, to make them satisfied, but in reality they share the other players money. Nothing wrong with this, but too see, understand and use these things may be credited to "real-world skills"..

Because it's one thing to speculate, it's entirely another for MindArk to make an official statement indicating that our speculations were true. These things were in amidst a hundred loot theories, now we have one more definite piece of the pie.

Exactly, anything related to loot is precious information, no matter how much we thought it was common sense

MA needs to say real life skills matter. In that case it's not gambling.
picking a 'hot machine' and counting cards are both real life skillz at real cussin holes.

According to the DeepToken whitepaper:

MindArk, in collaboration with its
planet partners, designs these
capabilities, and on occasion
equipment, and activity.

It's no secret that location affects loot, did you really expect to loot caly specific items on RT or Ark? :D

Real life assessment equals investing in building a coffee shop a few blocks from the MindArk Offices. Visiting the offices of MindArk and smoozing them up, etc you get the idea....

these are all skills in real life social networking :p

PS: I can officially give up on my 5 digit HoF or every getting an ATH I guess....

Status
Back