DeepToken Website Launched

[h=3]DeepToken Website Launched[/h] The DeepToken website, DeepToken.io, is now online and will be announced to the general public on Thursday, March 15, 2018. In the meanwhile, finishing touches are being made to the website.

The official DeepToken sale will begin on March 15, 2018, at 13:00 CET. Press releases and marketing efforts will commence several hours beforehand.

MindArk is very excited about this new venture, and looks forward to the development possibilities for Entropia Universe and the IP Exchange (IPX) that will be facilitated by sales of DeepToken.

For more information, please visit the DeepToken website.

Originally Posted Here

Isn't it off topic. i don't see its related to entropia or calypso :D

Trading my Conpet deeds for your deeptokens. Find me in game or send PM on forums.

EDIT: Shit, forgot I didn't bait on first scam, so I got no deeds :(

now that this thing has been launched, have they started advertising anywhere that it is for sale? or are they really only trying to sell 100million tokens to the 4k or so EU players?

there is only sooo much you can milk from a cow, they are marketing elsewhere, playerbase need to recoup after compet failure.

there is only sooo much you can milk from a cow, they are marketing elsewhere, playerbase need to recoup after compet failure.

that's what I was asking, where is this other marketing? are they ringing doorbells somewhere? is there some crypto search engine that will bring other ppl to deeptoken website? did they post this thread on the crypto forums?

Morfoc just beat me to it, was about to post in a similar vein. Everybody should read the whitepaper. Scratch that, not "should", it's really an order.

There are mainly two answers I am still missing in it, or just haven't discovered in a hurry:

1. There are two lines of development where DeepToken is involved, the IPX which is described in some length, and the fact that it's supposed to facilitate our withdrawals from our Entropia accounts at some point. But the latter I find only as an ancillary remark. How are we going to get our money out? This should have been clarified absolutely BEFORE the sale. Many don't care and buy anyway, but you're going to get all the shit there is in the world poured over your head if you let people jump in blindly and let it fizzle again, as has happened before. Only this time people will go to jail, if we're talking bank and authorities involved.

2. Will our Entropia Universe accounts at some point become MindArk Bank accounts with all the legal implications, which are different for everybody depending on the country they live in, or will they remain separate entities? Is there going to be a choice? How will this affect privacy? Will the connection between your avatar and real identity be revealed to any entity or authority other than MindArk, the game company, who currently holds our information?

The second question is already subject of a dialogue with support. I was just informed by Entropia Universe support that they are unable to answer this, DeepToken has a separate support line. I was confused by the fact that my first chat contact with DeepToken support used the name of a known Entropia advisor. I'll find out how all this untangles.

Ya their first bank license scam that sold ingame pawnshops is one thing from the past ringing my alarm bells. Along with the promised debit cards that failed to get off the ground. The fail of compet is just another strike in the neverending series of failures these guys and their schemes. And neverdies ICO OMFG. Advices to investors especially "acredited investors" = NO Just NO!

Then again who will keep entropia universe alive. Hay wait did I just say NO - I meant YES just YES!

that's what I was asking, where is this other marketing? are they ringing doorbells somewhere? is there some crypto search engine that will bring other ppl to deeptoken website? did they post this thread on the crypto forums?

Cyrene forum post nothing about deeptoken and wait more time about nanocube for me is single planet real want gamers

I wish I could understand the purpose to own these tokens, and what benefits the tokens offer inside EU. Crypto is not my thing, although I wish those that are interested in it every success.

Maybe in future we'll need these tokens for certain in game transactions, and people will sell the tokens with MU in exchange for peds
Maybe that means there will be crypto traders that buy them from the exchange (they enter their in-game wallet) and players offer them for sale in exchange for peds?

The buying player burns up the token to make the purchase of said item, and somehow this token goes back on the crypto market again.

That's how my mind is assessing it. But if that is how it is, can someone from MA just put it in those sort of words and confirm that's the plan. I assume its a multi game thing too, so these tokens will be used by loads of gaming companies.

Cheers

Rick

well fishbank(timed for release same day) is like cryptokitties on steroids. The concept helps to explain the blockchain contract idea. how the ipx is gonna work is confusing atm- surely theres a limit to filesize in a blockchain contract of any token.
why deeptoken is asking for a ETH wallet is also counterintuitive - but thats MA's middle name isnt it?

I wish I could understand the purpose to own these tokens, and what benefits the tokens offer inside EU. Crypto is not my thing, although I wish those that are interested in it every success.

Maybe in future we'll need these tokens for certain in game transactions, and people will sell the tokens with MU in exchange for peds
Maybe that means there will be crypto traders that buy them from the exchange (they enter their in-game wallet) and players offer them for sale in exchange for peds?

The buying player burns up the token to make the purchase of said item, and somehow this token goes back on the crypto market again.

That's how my mind is assessing it. But if that is how it is, can someone from MA just put it in those sort of words and confirm that's the plan. I assume its a multi game thing too, so these tokens will be used by loads of gaming companies.

Cheers

Rick

My advice?

Don't anticipate, don't speculate.

Wait until the product is actually out and then judge for yourself its usefulness.

It will still never be too late to buy into it even then.

(Look at where guessing how Compet would work had gotten us? ;))

Look at the youtube video they posted.

Its a platform for trading Intellectual Property (IP) and patents, i think it has big potential but it seams most people dont understand what they want to accomplish.

As i understand it the platform is for securly buying and selling rights to digital assests like 3D models, soundtracks and whatever digital stuff you could want to use in a software, game or whatever you can think of in the digital world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eN1hyeZ9KI

Cheers

Rick

Look at the youtube video they posted.

Its a platform for trading Intellectual Property (IP) and patents, i think it has big potential but it seams most people dont understand what they want to accomplish.

As i understand it the platform is for securly buying and selling rights to digital assests like 3D models, soundtracks and whatever digital stuff you could want to use in a software, game or whatever you can think of in the digital world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eN1hyeZ9KI

its not that we dont understand what they want to achieve. its basically the same as Tron. or several other projects out there. and if MA even manages to finish the product (and thats a big IF) it will be a lot too late, as always. history repeats itself. there are a lot bigger and better teams out there who are already working on the same thing for years

its not that we dont understand what they want to achieve. its basically the same as Tron. or several other projects out there. and if MA even manages to finish the product (and thats a big IF) it will be a lot too late, as always. history repeats itself. there are a lot bigger and better teams out there who are already working on the same thing for years

many more than 2 years... http://www.turbosquid.com/ is one small example... there's a lot of other IP dealers out there too. I do think it's an interesting idea, a way to essentially re-sell every asset in game... but it could lead to a bunch of issues similar to what the other guys faced... 3d meshes with polys facing wrong way, convex instead of concave holes, 'not-so-seamless texture patterns that are supposed to be seamless, etc.

What's kinda wonky about the idea if I read the white paper right the other night (not sure I did?) is that content producers would have to buy in to deep token to be able to sell their stuff in the system. I think that's a major flaw in the idea if it is correct... Mindark should be paying them for their assets if they sell, not the other way around... otherwise it's similar to those internet scams all over the place - just pay x amount of dollars so I can send you a job application... (typical Mindark mentality - which is why Cyrene and Rocktropia had to have servers shrunk since PPs couldn't afford to maintain the monthly fee Mindark was charging them for all the servers.. When content producers are your bread and butter don't shoot yourself in the foot by overcharging the starving artists on their rent bills... duh.)

Why are there so many comment from people that say that they dont understand what MA wants to achive with this then? Even if you understand im sure there are alot of people that dont.

Im thinking of buying a small amount of deeptokens just to be part of it but ofc not more than i can loose, if i do it i will consider those money lost.

When i first read about it i thought MA would have 25 million deeptokens no matter how many that get sold but they will have 20% of the tokens no matter how many gets sold, if they sell 80 000 tokens the total amount of tokens will be 100 0000 and MA will have 20 000 tokens, im sure many has read and understand that also, just wanted to clarify for those who wonder.

Why are there so many comment from people that say that they dont understand what MA wants to achive with this then? Even if you understand im sure there are alot of people that dont.
a lot of folks haven't taken the time to read the full white paper yet...

Kinda similar to a lot of folks that don't read the eula, tos, etc.

You can lead a horse to water...

I think everyone understands what they want to achieve, raise funds&activity with the 100M$ target set. What is not so clear is the value added for selling intellectual patents in broader sense, not coming from the universe itself.

As their only real asset is the entropia universe and all the items that they authored (which is ~ 70k types according to the whitepaper) and knowing that they already tried to sell their planet which kind of failed, I could assume their eventual plan (thus the mention of sticking to their long term plan) is to allow participants to buy them via the DeepTokens this time, while still allowing others (PPs etc) to participate in creating them. If so how is this going to work, they will release IP rights for e.g. imk2 and the ones buying it would get some part from it being used in the universe? If so who would pay for it? Does it mean another layer of tax for the ingame activities?
from the whitepaper:
MindArk intends to create a vast ecosystem consisting of business developers, institutions, token holders, and platform users, through decentralization of the Entropia Universe platform.
2019 - Development of the IPX with 70,000 digital assets as base.

And as for your question, why are there so many who don't understand - because it is not explained and left vague.

Last edited:
As i understand it they are selling rights to use the digital resources, it will have nothing to do with the items ingame, you could for example buy the right to use a texture you like from entropia to use in your own project or you can create a soundtrack and add it to the platform and sell rights for others to use in in their projects.

Maybe im wrong but that is how i understand it.

I think everyone understands what they want to achieve, raise funds&activity with the 100M$ target set. What is not so clear is the value added for selling intellectual patents in broader sense, not coming from the universe itself.

As their only real asset is the entropia universe and all the items that they authored (which is ~ 70k types according to the whitepaper) and knowing that they already tried to sell their planet which kind of failed, I could assume their eventual plan (thus the mention of sticking to their long term plan) is to allow participants to buy them via the DeepTokens this time, while still allowing others (PPs etc) to participate in creating them. If so how is this going to work, they will release IP rights for e.g. imk2 and the ones buying it would get some part from it being used in the universe? If so who would pay for it? Does it mean another layer of tax for the ingame activities?

And as for your question, why are there so many who don't understand - because it is not explained and left vague.

As i understand it they are selling rights to use the digital resources, it will have nothing to do with the items ingame, you could for example buy the right to use a texture you like from entropia to use in your own project or you can create a soundtrack and add it to the platform and sell rights for others to use in in their projects.

Maybe im wrong but that is how i understand it.

i wonder who would want to use 15+ year old textures and pay for it when there are tons of better, free resources available...

this is exactly my point about not seeing value added in broader sense, thus my speculation that it would be item templates etc. that would be sold (among other things)
i wonder who would want to use 15+ year old textures and pay for it when there are tons of better, free resources available...

this is exactly my point about not seeing value added in broader sense, thus my speculation that it would be item templates etc. that would be sold (among other things)

the bad thing is we dont know shit about how its supposed to work... the good thing is that its MA and will never be released anyway :D

I think you guys make a to big fuss about it.

I mean, whats different about this ico to the normal day to day business in entropia?
People deposit ped, lose ped, and waste...uhh... I mean deposit again.
Now they just waste some more on some ico's.

Some folks just dont know what to do with their money. Let them be and let them lose some more! :wtg:

you all made your points and it's clear that you dont want any.
Now, move along. :dancing:

What she said!! :lolup::lolup:

Plenty of asset flippers out there on Steam. If they want to appear new all they have to do is get models and textures from a new source that hardly anyone has seen ;)

I've been holding off on writing this for a few days but I'll just go ahead, even though similar sentiments have already been expressed around the community countless times.

I currently own a few thousand dollars in ETH and I'm pretty passionate about Entropia Universe and I want to see it succeed but there is zero chance I will invest in this ICO, since not only do I feel like it's a bad investment, but doing so would, in my mind, only encourage MindArk to keep trying with these shady, distasteful, and poorly executed get rich quick schemes. I would much rather write a check directly to MindArk telling them that by accepting that money they promise only to use it to further develop, improve, and fix Entropia Universe and not towards paying whatever terrible company managers, advisers, enablers, CEO, whoever is responsible for this and the other choices made in the last half decade that have led this game astray in many ways and lost the trust and passion of so many dedicated players.

If I had any control of this situation I would refund everybody who bought deep tokens, cancel the ICO, cease communications with all of these obviously dishonest people who have infiltrated the company, in the process of which saving the company likely hundreds of thousands or perhaps even millions in your budget each year going forward.

With this money you can hire a passionate and motivated community manager/liason person who regularly interacts with the game's community, makes their voices feel heard, and slowly regains the trust of the playerbase, while also hiring a few talented developers, designers, and most important QA (Quality Assurance) employees to push the quality of the product while putting out great content regularly.

For the last few years, it's been tons of delays, nearsighted greedy ideas like this, horrible or nonexistent QA, mostly uninspired content, and overall very poor communication with the community.

Please get your act together, the way things are being ran is pathetic and exhausting to witness, and not just for me, for everybody who still cares about this game.

Last edited:
Plenty of asset flippers out there on Steam. If they want to appear new all they have to do is get models and textures from a new source that hardly anyone has seen ;)

Whatever method is used to claim, sel or buy intellectual propriety be it with tokens or with old school contracts and agreements various issues can always happen along the way.
Example:
One company sell the planet.
After signing agreements and contract issue jump out.
Buyer got the planet but all the mobs are suddenly claimed as generic ie not sold with planet.
So if buyer want his income he or rent generic mob or create his own (for example daikiba - shinkiba).

The sale is going so great the 'US$ sold' display column exceeded the number range and had to be taken off the homepage.

deepscamtoken.jpg

haha.jpg

The sale is going so great the 'US$ sold' display column exceeded the number range and had to be taken off the homepage.

Ludvig said they were getting rid of the "US$ sold" column a few days ago because it caused confusion because of some tokens being bought with USD and some being bought with ETH

sudden jump will be the expected bank transfers clearing i imagine

Back