Players are so funny.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I am on my puny hunts now and have been for some time. I enjoy the hunt, as I have often said. No pressure to get the big global so I can pay for the 600 ped hunt or at least most of it. My skills don't seem to go up much even on the big mobs so I am just having fun with the small mobs. Until loot 2.0, and the no more "no looters", it was not that much fun because I was loosing over 50% on a lot of runs and very rarely made a profit. So...I can loose my butt hunting big mobs but at least loose less.

A byproduct of the punties is the bones. It take 4 to 6 weeks to get 10K, for me at least. Four weeks if I hunt 6-7 hours a day and 5 or 6 weeks if I don't. So I sell the 10K for 100 ped and I have sold 60K so far since around July of last year. It seems that some players think I am cheating them. I just have to laugh, people would rather cut off their nose than to give another player anything. At 4 weeks that equates to 25 ped per week of $2.50 or about $1.60 if it takes 6 weeks. And players think that 100 ped is too much.

Anyway this is not really a gripe or bitch just find it amazing how players are when it comes to money no matter how much or how little. Particularly in this game where spending 50 or 60 USDs a day is nothing:).

Just a BTW Please spare me the replies about how you can get 10K in less than a week by hunting only. I am at 1343 runs and have a pretty good idea how long it takes unless you are going to tell me you hunt 30 hours at one sitting, and if you do keep it to yourself less some one thinks you are a crazy person, which would be true if you do LOL.

Last edited:
Haha, I had the same problem when I tried to charge 1 ped per hour spent training a pet. Apparently if I want to be paid for my time playing and providing that kind of service I can go sweat (that was the most common response I got anyway)

A byproduct of the punties is the bones. It take 4 to 6 weeks to get 10K, for me at least. Four weeks if I hunt 6-7 hours a day and 5 or 6 weeks if I don't. So I sell the 10K for 100 ped and I have sold 60K so far since around July of last year. It seems that some players think I am cheating them. I just have to laugh, people would rather cut off their nose than to give another player anything. At 4 weeks that equates to 25 ped per week of $2.50 or about $1.60 if it takes 6 weeks. And players think that is too much.

Players are funny indeed.

6 or 7 hours per day hunting punies?

My god. Life is simply to short for that! :laugh:

Just the same as people who list their items for sale at way over current MU and then call you all names under the sun, if you try to sell an item at or just below current mu....because aparently you are wanting too much for them and are trying to rip them off.

Eu is like the middle age were ressurces was scare and time was ample. Back in the days people spend incredible ammounts of time to make small iron rings and create a chain mail out of it for the "reward" to be feeded enough to stay barely alive while working for the warlords. It is very hard in eu to monetize your time spend just look at all those healers who need to heal for decay and maybe a tip for example. 1 agility does nothing for you, its almost a vanity item to have 1 more agility and people collect them because it make them look "pro" or something like this :)

The real value is the tt one and everything else is supply and demand. Im certain enough people are willing to pay the price you ask but even more arn't and those will most likely never go for the one extra agility point because the benefit of having it is next to zero. I can understand those who dont want to pay that and there is no wrong or right to it.

U might try pleaks on cyrene... wings are similar to bones but can be auctioned.

100 ped is cheap, I paid 500 for them in the first months of the mission out of fear that the reward is too good to stay for long (recent disappearance of good RT's attribute rewards and my complete missing out on them fueled the fear further), and it was about normal going rate back then, just like with the pleak wings currently.

So I sell the 10K for 100 ped and I have sold 60K so far since around July of last year. ...
Please spare me the replies about how you can get 10K in less than a week by hunting only. I am at 1343 runs and have a pretty good idea how long it takes ...

Thanks for the extremely timely price check - just yesterday or so I got to 10k and was wondering if 100 peds is still the going rate but hadn't got round to doing any trade chat yet.
For info - I assume the mission is one-time-only, so you need a new person to sell to every month or so?

I'm a bit surprised about your 'spare me the replies bit', however, if I may.. 'cough'. Personally I calculate I'm on about 200 hours for 10k, which is similar to your calculation it would seem, but I know that I am at a pretty lazy pace. There used to be several spawns that would enable a 4x constant speed increase or so if I wanted, which reminded me of my carabok days. One area (with room for several people) has now gone, but I was testing at 2 other areas a bit for loot 2.0 knowledge, and those are still there...

Just the same as people who list their items for sale at way over current MU and then call you all names under the sun, if you try to sell an item at or just below current mu....because aparently you are wanting too much for them and are trying to rip them off.

lol.
There's 2 aspects to this:
- the maximum the buyer would pay for it
- what the sellers think it's worth

Some sellers just fail at the guessing game, this can happen in both directions, underestimating as well as overestimating the items value.
So if everyone prior to you underestimated the value and you list your item at or below that underestimated MU, then you're the one listing it for the wrong MU.
also, if you always list your item for below latest MU, then you just drive the MU down to 100%, even if people would pay up to 500% ;)

Figuring out the demand and how much people are willing to pay takes some time and money.
Granted, listing it always for lower MU than recent allows you to sell items faster, but you may just waste some potential profit ;)

lol.
There's 2 aspects to this:
- the maximum the buyer would pay for it
- what the sellers think it's worth

Some sellers just fail at the guessing game, this can happen in both directions, underestimating as well as overestimating the items value.
So if everyone prior to you underestimated the value and you list your item at or below that underestimated MU, then you're the one listing it for the wrong MU.
also, if you always list your item for below latest MU, then you just drive the MU down to 100%, even if people would pay up to 500% ;)

Figuring out the demand and how much people are willing to pay takes some time and money.
Granted, listing it always for lower MU than recent allows you to sell items faster, but you may just waste some potential profit ;)

Thanks for you reply but nether of those aspects is where i was going with it.

It's Zen. As a practicing Buddhist I have found much fulfillment in punies myself.

It's Zen. As a practicing Buddhist I have found much fulfillment in punies myself.

As a practicing Buddhist you should work in the garden, sweep the dust, or prepare some healthy veggies several times a day. There are other things too, but playing EU is none of them. Playing EU is a desire of the stupid monkey mind, that also lives in us like Buddha, and also high likely cries louder than him in our heads.

;)

As a practicing Buddhist you should work in the garden, sweep the dust, or prepare some healthy veggies several times a day. There are other things too, but playing EU is none of them. Playing EU is a desire of the stupid monkey mind, that also lives in us like Buddha, and also high likely cries louder than him in our heads.

;)
Mindless engagement of the stupid monkey can assist in quieting the overactive mind. Or are there no thoughts on Planet Zen?

:laugh: but I do generally spend a fair bit of time each day sweeping excess dust off healthy veggies in my garden in order to eat without grinding my teeth right out of my mouth ahead of their time.

Mindless engagement of the stupid monkey can assist in quieting the overactive mind. Or are there no thoughts on Planet Zen?

Indeed! But please don't mind me, I'm not a Buddhist. It was just an uneducated thought impulse :)

WTB Zafu @ TP :laugh:

(I really like to sit!)

Don't get me wrong, I meant I know nothing but I really like to sit it out (Zazen), and also i really like to rather integrate than differentiate (stupid?).

But truth is, i'm probably out of another universe, and my beer is empty at most times. No beer on Planet Zen too, whereever that is, but it sounds like a known issue huh?

In the meantime, looking for nothing and everything, I hope I'm at least funny, while sitting around here like an idiot you get used to over the years.

Because life usually just doesn't feel funny at all. It's like you pay 5$ and expect love for long time, and you don't even get an eyeblink or any kind of sensual errection, that would be worth that amount of cash. And everything seems stupid, even maths and the universe...

images

Interesting when I post off topic (Zen) I get my post censored as do many others, just saying:)

lol... 50k pleaks? ouch. I've never done pleaks. Then again, when I ran out of puny missions on calypso I asked for Puny Bronze.

Also, you've exceeded your private messages quota. Apologies for plopping this reply in the thread.

Interesting when I post off topic (Zen) I get my post censored as do many others, just saying:)
Be funnier! :p

Just messing. Pass the beer. Cheers.

lol... 50k pleaks? ouch. I've never done pleaks. Then again, when I ran out of puny missions on calypso I asked for Puny Bronze.

Also, you've exceeded your private messages quota. Apologies for plopping this reply in the thread.

lol, inbox emptied ;)

yeah 50k, and need to do at least 50k more.
That's at least another 40 hours of grinding ahead :cry:

Back