Suggestion: Focus on the game

1) Explosive Projectiles - MA actively decreasing player-to-player trades and hurting all the economy of the game. If all you need to craft is in the Trade Terminal, then what is the point of the Hunting or Mining loot?
2) Space - By making space lootable and an harsh environment it deters players from exploring planets and bring their loot back to the main auction (this auction system is also a problem and will be highlighted next).
3) Auction - Why make it even harder for players to play on other planets? Make a single auction! With no "transport" fees from planet to planet.
4) Too many planets - Player base is already low, the incentive to play on other planets is small because of the poorly thought out auction and space systems (players's loots are traped on the planet they are in, forcing them to TT everything), and MA wants to make even more planets? why?!

Last point: A real economy is meant to grow. Entropia, because its a game and the servers and personel of MA need to be paid, is an always-bleeding-economy so MA should be making everything humanly possible to make it easier on the economy to grow. Instead they are doing the oposite, like i pointed above.

Just my opinion, its worth what its worth.

although this is a real cash economy game this is lightyears away from being an economy driven game. MA controls the drops of rare items through loot waves and gives out super rare items only via hand. 99,9% of the time those items are unlootable. if they would change this to be chance based the economy could regulate itself. but as MA regulates everything the whole economy is bubbly bullshit.

3) Auction - Why make it even harder for players to play on other planets? Make a single auction! With no "transport" fees from planet to planet.

I prefer the idea of actual transportation of goods happening (= space cargo missions), i.e. cargo pilots pick up a certain volume of goods based on ship size and transport it to the planet the buyer is on. whoever actually delivers the goods then (either the original cargo pilot or the pirate who shot him down) gets the buyer's transportation fee. if no delivery is made in 24 hours, the buyer can pick em up from the auction as usual (that part can stay unchanged, as well as the instant delivery) - obviously the pirate can't actually steal the goods belonging to a third party but only the rights to deliver them for the transportation fee.

so instead of 2 there would be 3 options for the buyer:
-) cheapest - 24 hours
-) regular - let player transport the goods in 0-24 hours
-) most expensive - instant delivery

additional benefit of that system for the buyer is that you can have multiple kinds of items delivered and only pay once for em (maybe based on weight)
benefit for the transporter is obv. earning some peds

obv this change would really populate space. in my eyes, that would the be THE way to handle the cargo missions which are on ma's to-do-list for many many years now (and that people pay delivery fees for also since then in order for ma to put em in already)

and to create a real economy and a true market, the auction listing fees must be REMOVED in order to make trade flow. if only 3 people sell some goods, you don't have a real market price but only statistical outliers, it's as simple as that. 300 people sell that ware and you got the real price. listing fees are anti-capitalistic bullshit!

Ulf | Entropia Universe Support said:
Hi O2,

Thank you for your support case.

We appreciate the suggestion, it will be forwarded to our Management and Design team.

But just for your information, the development team for Entropia Universe are not putting time into these projects you describe, it is handled by other departments at the company.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

More or less what I expected, support guys can't say much about future planning. I hope the suggestion is actually forwarded to the management team and it wasn't just some copy&paste as usual.

Didn't we have a community manager? Ludvig? hello?

It's their future at stake not mine, so whatever...

More or less what I expected, support guys can't say much about future planning. I hope the suggestion is actually forwarded to the management team and it wasn't just some copy&paste as usual.

Didn't we have a community manager? Ludvig? hello?

It's their future at stake not mine, so whatever...

Saying that other departments are working on the other projects and development department is not impacted sounds nice but clearly those other departments do use resssources that otherwise could go into the development department... :rolleyes:

"The side projects are being handled by other departments of the company." The money is ultimately coming from the department that handles the game portion of Entropia Universe, so calling it another department doesn't change that it's taking resources away from the development of the game. I don't care if the departments are being funded directly from the CEO's pockets. His money is coming from the game. Also, if they have 40 people hired like they did in 2016 I believe, how many of these people are working on the side projects? To me, these side projects are probably a way to keep people they hired, who don't know how to add any real value to the game, employed. I mean, lets be realistic here. The whole company basically has the same operating size as a single Walmart. Half of their employees probably consist of underqualified family and friends. I mean, If I owned a company that small then you bet I would have it that way.

How many times has it been said about improving communication? Well, all of them lies as far as I can tell.

I'll keep bumping :)

Petition or not , I just wonder why the Devs are not listening to the players... like other game developers listen to their player when it comes to improve the game. I was watching a well known streamer lately playing fortnite and always addressing things that the devs should improve ,giving advices to devs, him and other streamers also and guess what in 2 weeks max they revived what they asked . Because they are the ones that are holding the game alive and bringing new Players and made that game To go skyrocket.
Instead here what do we revive ? Useless things and thing that we don’t want , more and more things that make the players go away not to stick around or invite more people to play... it’s funny , sometimes I believe that MA wants to dig their hole faster and jumping on it without thinking.

One small bump, one step in the right direction for entropia universe.

Last bump before I solo 2 family sized pizzas (might die, worth it).

My 100% support for the cause even though it is probably pointless.

Yeah, focusing more on the game would be swell, definitely. No more 'Deeptoken' crap or 'ComPet' failures instead of actually using the ressources on the game itself, while for a change hiring someone who has creative ideas to change broken or non-optimal (hah, hard to count the mass of those) systems.

Definitely count me in with this :)

One bump because I see no intent to improve communication with us, the playerbase...

More coins and deeds for everyone !! :scratch2:

yap i would love to see more content in hunting , more space updates ... ill add more stuff in time :p

i agree

game is boring as hell, never been soo boring before. Loot v2 makes it totally random and it was a huge fail, totally overdone.

globals are non existent and the bonus lines annoy the crap out of me.

I did a withdraw at the beginning of the year and many i hear did that too, we are all downsizing.

This game is a niche game, dont try to make it mainstream. This game sucks if its mainstream, the niche thing is what makes it great.

All this shit started with the unbelievable stupid idea to have buffs that effect dpp.

Thinking about chipping out as well, might not seem as much as many others, but taking out 1,5k$ is still quite a bit.
I would love if the direction of MA finally goes into Entropia, and actually properly working on it like a virtual reality market should be worked on, not like some crappy garage game with a good idea behind it, they are a little bit too big for that.

Thinking about chipping out as well, might not seem as much as many others, but taking out 1,5k$ is still quite a bit.
I would love if the direction of MA finally goes into Entropia, and actually properly working on it like a virtual reality market should be worked on, not like some crappy garage game with a good idea behind it, they are a little bit too big for that.

It's sad because this is nothing new with them, and one can only stand and watch while the bad decisions keep coming one after the other.

People that I thought would never ever quit did exactly that and are long gone, and I spend maybe 1/10th the time I used to.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something or I just don't understand their "vision" for EU...

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something or I just don't understand their "vision" for EU...

I think their vision is milk it milk it milk it until it is dry. I WOULD LOVE to be proven wrong though

I have 5 simple ideas that would help EU grow and head into the right direction, but I tried suggesting ideas for 7 years for the society terminal and NOTHING. Fuck these developers. Battle sim :D Really, these guys are clueless... Haven't been playing for 2 years now. Not worth my time...

PS. I have been writing down systems, how they will function and have many documents ready for EU 2.0 . If anyone has a few spare millions I am ready :D (Also working on the $ part, but it is taking time :) ) Maybe once...

My old thread started in 2011, updated in 2015.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...48-Ideas-to-improve-society-terminal-(Part-2)

Last edited:
PS. I have been writing down systems, how they will function and have many documents ready for EU 2.0 . If anyone has a few spare millions I am ready :D (Also working on the $ part, but it is taking time :) ) Maybe once...

Can I beta test your project when you feel like it? I'll do it for free :laugh:

Well, since loot 2.0 im doing better as before.
Before loot 2.0 i have downgraded my gears to low lvl MF chips and UL handgun (mray), have also an opalo. All amped ofc :D
But, im doing low mob hunts, nearly no crafting and no mining and cutting maany trees.
Mostly whiping mobs with my moccassin and skilling up for boiga adjusted.
Tiering cdf scount set xD and moccassin.
Losses are small usually up to small profits.
So all small in small and well works for now :laugh:

Hi,

Can you focus on the game and stop diverting your limited resources into questionable side projects?

Thank you.

subscribe for this petition!
MA should take in consideration complains from their customers!

Regards!

Still no word from our community manager or anyone with some responsibility for that matter.

Hi,

Can you focus on the game and stop diverting your limited resources into questionable side projects?

Thank you.

This. Exactly this. There was a game here once that was grand in concept. Feature creep and turning it over to the hands of a part time disk duplicator killed it.

I prefer the idea of actual transportation of goods happening (= space cargo missions), i.e. cargo pilots pick up a certain volume of goods based on ship size and transport it to the planet the buyer is on. whoever actually delivers the goods then (either the original cargo pilot or the pirate who shot him down) gets the buyer's transportation fee.

Some kind of containerized cargo/mission system might cover this need. Let's go space truckin'!

The way this game is managed reminds me of this analogy.

My parents bought a time-share in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico many years ago. The first few times we vacationed there, they put us at or near the top floor in the best units, and things were awesome.

Over the years, each subsequent vacation, they seemed to end up in less and less desireable rooms, while contributing the same amount.

Over more time, and the second-last time I went there, the unit wasn't anything like the "resort" atmosphere you'd expect. Carpets were pulling up, sofa-beds had rusty springs fall off on the floor, the appliances were rusty (it's by the beach on the ocean, so salt makes corrosion an issue), the toaster didn't even work...all this while, the resort owners were building 2 entirely new developments nearby.

The owning company was basically reinvesting all the money they made into new stuff they could promote and sway more investors and buyers with, while letting all their existing developments fall into disrepair and lack of maintenance.

Sound familiar?

Back