Suggestion: Focus on the game

I'll sign this petition

Totally agree
Let's see bug fixes, instances that work as they should,
then when they are fixed the outstanding promised new content...SPACE.. PP content and development, stop saying no to the PP's and start saying this is how it can be done..
Entropia needs the UNIVERSE put back in it's name

Then we may see player retention
with some proper advertising/merchandising you will get additional income and we will see something tangible.

Cut the dreams of financial fantasy and concentrate on the main game

roadmap 2018/2019 required :wise:

Yep. BTW we have enough buffs already. Bring back the important things like crafting.

Great suggestion!

Take notes MA.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Angel O2 Mercer again.
Totally yea, but are players willing to pay MA's bills for doing that?

yes they are.
Sweating/collecting fruits and everything with similar scent just like they got trained in the rookie chat by experienced veterans 12 years + experience in the field.
With the profit earned buy deeds 1 by 1.
EZ

Yes, make the game a quality gem again.

PE was good gameplay bad graphics for that time, now we have horrible gameplay and horrible graphics for this time.
Put your resources towards bug fixing, and add the systems people are asking for!

Yes, make the game a quality gem again.

PE was good gameplay bad graphics for that time, now we have horrible gameplay and horrible graphics for this time.
Put your resources towards bug fixing, and add the systems people are asking for!

It's not that difficult. Maybe just a matter of changing your view of what Entropia Universe is. First of all it's not just a product that has an income. It's a game that REAL PEOPLE play. Secondly, it's a platform for investors, planet partners and again PLAYERS. Thirdly, it's potential to be a great GAME that people not only play in, but also invest and participate in. The problem is in the mindset. Stop milking the cash cow and start building the hatchery for the golden goose.

Dear Mindark,
stop treating entropia as 3D internet and start treating it as a game.
You can expand the universe from its core in every direction you like but you can not abbandon the core or the customers who rely on it - this means you have to keep your promises and timelines and you need to start interacting with your customers actively collecting feedback and making immediate use of it whereever possible.
If this dynamic universe is supposed to provide a virtual life experience - that experience needs to be more exciting/rewarding/entertaining then the real world - otherwise whats the point ?

Hunters are waiting for 'usefull' loot
Miners are waiting for 'usefull' minerals
Crafters are waiting for 'usefull' recipes
Everyone is waiting for a 'growing' economy
Spaceship owners are waiting for space
Stable/pet owners and tamers are waiting for expanded pet features/arena battles/crossplatfrom functionality
Everyone is waiting for 10year old bugs to be fixed and of course the younger ones too

So why do you leave us waiting when you could involve us in the process to speed up your ability of updating/delivering content ? Our contributions can be far more then just monetary, your playerbase can be your best advertiser, your best quality tester, your best provider of design ideas, an incredible addition to your development team (if you let them) - why leave us waiting when you and all of us could be benefitting of our skills, ideas, dedication, commitment and love for this universe ?

I fully support this petition - focus on the game and all the people who chose to live in more then just one universe.

Last year, around june or july, they almost had me starting depo again, after a long no depo needed time, still not needed, but it felt that it would be worth again to do so.
But out of the blue they started changing alot again, and again, and I was like, nope not going to happen.
And at this point, i'm not even going to consider it ever again.

:nutkick:

Seems like a widespread feeling.

Drop side projects and quick moneygrab schemes and fix+develop your damn game please.

I can't believe even the most incompetent of CEOs does not understand this.

I'll sign this as well, add me to the list.

We really need MA to get back to basics and focus on EU and it's core principles. Enough side projects (that includes things like the battle sim!). Focus on the core game.

Despite MindArk's fantasies, for the past 15 years (not even counting beta), players were the only ones paying their bills. Even in what regards the biggest avenue for investors, namely planet partners, the two most succesful are actual former players, namely the owners of Rocktropia and Arkadia. (I think the former owner of Next Island was also a former player, but I am not sure).

Cyrene and Toulan, who have behind external investors, are in a ...weird position after quite some times since their introduction, but probably there's alot more to it than we know publicly.

MindArk made some rumours in the market when they sold Treasure Island to Deathifier and then hit the big headlines when they sold CND to Neverdie. Every damn major publication featured them and the influx of new players was really unbelievable, OJs were literally flowing off the new arrivals, so they needed to open, iirc, 5 starting cities for them (and CND having its own starting point, I think?).

What they did with all that mass of players? Squeezed them during the roaring 2007-2010 with those abhoring ul items with 10k tt, absurd volatility etc Instead of trying to be the Coca-Cola of games, they tried to be the Louis Vuitton. And failed miserably.

Then they had a decent series of phamphare announcements which went to trash:

- in-game advertisment which was meant to sponsorize a part of the loot. Nothing happened.
- in-game cooperation with artists and some interesting ideas for New Oxford. Died.
- in-game banks which were supposed to bring even a RL bank. Became pawnshops, the RL bank (the one from Atlas Haven) went silent, at least they solved the plague of unregulated in-game loans.
- one of these banks was a very much trumpeted cooperation with Anshe Chung. Stopped before going anywhere.
- bank license and direct debit card connected to Entropia. Died fast.
- some investment fund (anyone remembering Bridge Fox Investor?) which was supposedly the Niagara of funds, nothing came out of it after alot of noise (and endless jokes on the forums)
- sale of Calypso to an external investor (SEE), which died in a scandal. We lost some awesome members of community, but we remained with shinkiba and kerberos :rolleyes:
- we still have a LA theoretically of some Swedish university, nothing came out publicly
- there was some cooperation with NASA announced at some point, MindArk were already contemplating themselves as the next stop of virtual education and such
- there was a nice Nobel streaming at some point. Once.
- at least two more planets announced which never came past bragging point.

And I am forgetting for sure some. They always had this ...unashamed style of bragging with deals, when those were not even set properly. I blushed when I saw some of the above mindfarts presented as achievements in the whitepaper of the deeptoken. And on top of this, there are always rumous of their lack of cooperation with planet partners. It doesn't even matter who's right, there simply shouldn't be an occasion for this. But I digress.

I think is fairly damn clear reading the list of the above tentatives of various collaborations that, to this point, it was exactly the players paying their bills. Even their stupid castle was paid by players (hope they got rid of that thing).

It would be just bloody great if at some point they would learn something about being serious with their image and their resources. Even if it's damn almost 20 years since they're in the market and you'd think they already learned something. How many CEOs in a row are needed for a company to start behaving?

P.S.: when will loot 2.0 be finally implemented?? We're now 9 month after the initial stage, we still don't have looter professions, we still don't have weapons using the new system, we only have shrapnel and some system kept vague and unfinished. Where is mining and crafting update??

Last edited:
if you all werent addicted to this game like some kind of crack junky you all could just stop playing AND logging in for a while (around 3 months) and see if they do improve their bullshit behaviour when they see their playerbase shrinking heavily. if they still dont want to improve their communication just leave and come back in a year or two and see if it still persists. But most of you just cry on the forum and still dont change your playstyle. most just continue what they are doing without taking any kind of action and just prey it will get better.
pretty much like a woman who always gets back to her abusive husband. one day it may get better if i just continue to do what im doing, right?

if you all werent addicted to this game like some kind of crack junky you all could just stop playing AND logging in for a while (around 3 months) and see if they do improve their bullshit behaviour when they see their playerbase shrinking heavily. if they still dont want to improve their communication just leave and come back in a year or two and see if it still persists. But most of you just cry on the forum and still dont change your playstyle. most just continue what they are doing without taking any kind of action and just prey it will get better.
pretty much like a woman who always gets back to her abusive husband. one day it may get better if i just continue to do what im doing, right?

Its really good way how to show middle finder to EU ignorace but, If you invested and spend a lot of time in this game its not so easy to do that along with all money too. Fortunately its not my case and shrinking playerbase making it harder and harder to achieve success in this game.

EP IV for the win ! :lolup:

Its really good way how to show middle finder to EU ignorace but, If you invested and spend a lot of time in this game its not so easy to do that along with all money too. Fortunately its not my case and shrinking playerbase making it harder and harder to achieve success in this game.

EP IV for the win ! :lolup:

especially when you invested a lot in this game you should show it to them with not turning over a single ped. thats what hurts them the most. and if you cant spare your investments to lay broke for a few months then you invested too much anyway.

ive put over 20k usd into this game over the years. that might not be considered much by the top league but it definitely is a huge sum when asking anyone else. there are people who wouldnt even spend that much on a car. but i wont spend a single ped until ive seen an AMA from them.

if people want to keep getting !!!!! by MA and dont wanne do anything about it its on them. take consequences. be a man. for once. especially looking at people like girtsn and friends who keep crying in forum but still throw tons of money at their screens. (not talking solely about depositing here but more about spending / turning over peds)

especially when you invested a lot in this game you should show it to them with not turning over a single ped. thats what hurts them the most. and if you cant spare your investments to lay broke for a few months then you invested too much anyway.

ive put over 20k usd into this game over the years. that might not be considered much by the top league but it definitely is a huge sum when asking anyone else. there are people who wouldnt even spend that much on a car. but i wont spend a single ped until ive seen an AMA from them.

if people want to keep getting !!!!! by MA and dont wanne do anything about it its on them. take consequences. be a man. for once. especially looking at people like girtsn and friends who keep crying in forum but still throw tons of money at their screens. (not talking solely about depositing here but more about spending / turning over peds)

I somehow doubt that Mindark would find the time to change their habits if turnover stopped - they would keep trying to make a big sale or recover with a sideproject until they have to close the doors forever - there is some of us who hope that by keeping them alive with some funding and reminding them constantly about where they went off the rails that some person in that company at some point might realize that their gamers are the key to success and therefor should be treated as such...

This thread is not about how to boycott or damage MindArk in any way, if that's your contribution maybe keep it to yourself as it's purely offtopic.

This thread is not about how to boycott or damage MindArk in any way, if that's your contribution maybe keep it to yourself as it's purely offtopic.

thats is another possible way to show them that they need to focus more on the game. and thats the title of this thread. dont see how presenting a possible solution or at least a possible action to keep them focussing on the game is offtopic on a thread thats about them focussing on the game. maybe im just getting old though

I somehow doubt that Mindark would find the time to change their habits if turnover stopped - they would keep trying to make a big sale or recover with a sideproject until they have to close the doors forever - there is some of us who hope that by keeping them alive with some funding and reminding them constantly about where they went off the rails that some person in that company at some point might realize that their gamers are the key to success and therefor should be treated as such...

i did the same long enough. but one day you have to see that funding them just keeps distracting them further and further. they say to themselves "well the players still buy our shit so we can keep concentrating on further possible income sources"
funding them has shown in the last years that it just distracts them further away from EU. the last projects being deeptoken and compet which both have nothing to do with EU.

Back