Question: How should loot work in Entropia

I never had a problem with the loot,my problem is with crafting, especially that damn EP project bp which makes selling the loot hard and for low mu...fix the freaking crafting already!!!!

We know that MA stacks personal damage and pays out on some formula around that. So if it measured your damage against what you "actually" received as returns, then it would equal out eventually. MA would still get paid becasue they would've built that into the formula.

But there's a reason I'm not a fan of multipliers (if that is true), call it trust. What does it mean when you hunt prots for say 3 hours, have 50 ped left so go on baby kerbs and get a 150 global. Was that supposed to be a 3K hof if you was still on prots? Is your return now lost, becasue of a low multipler? That has happened so many times to me it's almost a joke.

Same for being down thousands of peds, take one shot on a shared mob, it hofs for 10K ped. You get 20 ped, but was that your stacked damage "now gone" to a shared mob, that you've been waiting to pop for a month. That has happened to me so many times I now fear shared if down a lot of ped.

Now if I know that regardless what I hunted there was no hidden agenda to "clean" my card, becasue the system still measured on what I had "actually" recieved (regardless of shared, or mob size etc), then I would trust that a big due loot is coming. Becasue I know I'm still owed return on my personal damage.

The other issue is of course what does damage actually mean. A weapon has an upper and lower limit of what damage it can do. I can have hunts where the weapon will do more damage consistantly on the upper band of damage, then the following hunt it's like my ava has lost all its skill and the most of the damage done is at the lower end of the damage of that weapon. What does that mean? Is it trying to set me up for global becasue the efficency has dropped under the hood so somehow trying force a bigger drop, or worse is it the opposite of that and it;s setting me to lose? Does the system know under the hood that I'm maxed on the weapon and the lower damage I'm doing should not be measured as a loss.

At the end of the day if I had confidence that the system is still stacking me a big loot, and not trying to manipuate lower returns, I'd feel a lot more comfortable. As someone said the in the questions to MA thread...there's a trust issue and I'd for one would like some clarity on how loot is stacking.

Rick

Back