Question: How much Evade i need to hunt bigger mobs without Armor & Heal equipment?

Captain Crunch

Guardian
Captain Cereal Crunch
Hello, iam new and just want to ask : How much Evade i need to hunt bigger mobs without Armor & Heal equipment? I mean mobs like Argonaut, Kerberos, Feffoid

Is it possible to hunt mobs like the 3 without Armor and Heal Equipment?

The amount of Evader/Dodger required to make mob hitrates drop off to around the lowest you can get them varies from creature to creature and from maturity to maturity, and this hasn't been exhaustively tested because of the amount of hours and effort required to thoroughly test such a thing across all of the mobs and all of their maturities.

With that said, you can generally get a feel for it by trying to hunt a certain mob/maturity range and seeing around how often you are being hit and how often the "Evade" or "Dodge" message is coming up. (these are a more or less recent addition which signify when a hit by a mob is missed as a result of your dodger/evader levels)

As far as NEVER needing protection or healing, even with these smaller mobs with an insane level of evade you'll probably always need at least a bit, although probably a lot less than you're needing right now. One of the more important factors you've not really mentioned in your post would be DPS, as having a higher DPS would result in mobs dying without getting as many hits off or any hits off at all.

Since armor decay seem to now have effect on amount of loot after loot 2.0 and I think it was mention that also healing affect loot, I would not stress too much on how much you evade.

I think it is more important nowadays to focus on how effective and fast you can kill mobs without interrupting too much with healing or dying :)

I am at the moment Lvl 23 evader and Paramedic. For small Argos (young to Gatherer) I only need a Fap if I chase them with Melee weapons. Not with ranged weapons anymore. The same applies to small Feffoids. But this only applies if I use weapons that bring the mobs with at the latest 15 shots to the track.

You can use as a good rule of thumb, only hunt mob (lvl) are at or below your evader lvl, to be as efficient as possible when hunting them. But this is not always the case for all mobs/all planets.

Generally mobs on planet Cyrene and even Arkadia hits a lot more often than their counterparts (same mob lvl) on calypso. I am not experienced enough in the other planets to make a comment on them though.

Also if you plan on hunting naked consider investing in an Adjusted Restoration chip. It will save you tons of heal costs.

wow thanks a lot for the help and the infomations. Is there a cap for the skills we can get or we can get unlimited points?

wow thanks a lot for the help and the infomations. Is there a cap for the skills we can get or we can get unlimited points?

It is unlimited, although it slows down the higher you get.

42 too short

42 too short
... and thanx for all the fish! :)

But if seriously, the short answer is never. High evader/dodger level does change the game for you and is well worth striving for but it doesn't make you walk on water. You'll always get some hits in, no matter what your evader level is. Unless you take it down before it reaches you.

you simply cant hunt young Argonaut and feffos without armor/healing. The spawns use to be dense and they have a high aggro. I wear Adj Musca on my Argonaut runs and dont take more dmg than i am naturally restoring. Armor costs per 1hour are about 2-4ped depending on the ammount of group therapy i am getting. Sometimes i am using Adj Musca with 5B plates, never get dmg and have armor costs of around 5ped per hour

I’m level 28 evader and I still can get killed puny hunting naked without fap or armor. I’m just wondering why you would want to hunt without fap or armor? It’s not going to save you any ped as decay is paid back in loot. All it would do is limit what you can hunt, which is in fact a negative impact of naked hunting.

What i have noticed, that by having to heal for longer periods of time with agro on you they start to miss less.

Once you move/start shooting the creature again it's hit rate seems to drop.

For instance hogglo guardians if i dont give a quick hit inbetween heal's im almost certain it wont miss any attacks and i can just keep standing there. While if im shooting it, it misses around 50% of its attacks on me/hits are in the low spectrum.

*this is just my personal interpretation of my own experience and has not been subject to extensive testin.

I’m level 28 evader and I still can get killed puny hunting naked without fap or armor. I’m just wondering why you would want to hunt without fap or armor? It’s not going to save you any ped as decay is paid back in loot. All it would do is limit what you can hunt, which is in fact a negative impact of naked hunting.

Hmm get a great Armor or fap costs Money, becouse you need to buy them. Hunting without this to components woud save Money. That was the idea behind it, i dont have think about the loot....

@ CycoKick

Thank you for you personal interpretation :)

hmmm How you are hunting them? Ranged Weapons ( Pistole, Rifle)? Melee (Shortblade, Longblade)? Ranged should be no Problem for you. Ok, when you are standing in a group of Argos or Feffoids..... I could understand :laugh:

killed by puny lvl 28evader? LOL wut. I can stand in 2-3 atrox at ~ lvl 40 evader (can be done much lower evader lvl as atrox are one f the first mobs you will notice evade level making a difference) naked using only melee and almost never die/get hit (never if using adj resto) ofc the benefits of naked hunting are much less since 2.0 (but even though armor decay is returned in loot its not returned 100% its returned 95% or w/e the multi the algorithm uses is so its not just free to wear armor)

The Idea behind it was that to get a Armor and a fap costs me Money ( you also need upgrade it ) and without this to components i woud save me Money. I have not think about the loot..

@CycoKick

Thank you for you personal interpretation and you experience :)

I'm assuming punies will hurt if you round up 10+ and use AoE

never tried it

There’s a very good reason a puny or low level mob will hit you so hard, it’s trying to teach you the most valuable lesson of all in Loot 2.0 (that highly likely is 70% - 90%+ of the loot ‘return’ algorithm).

You need to give that some very deep thought indeed. Then you’ve cracked it, and will start smiling at these threads.

Rick

There’s a very good reason a puny or low level mob will hit you so hard, it’s trying to teach you the most valuable lesson of all in Loot 2.0 (that highly likely is 70% - 90%+ of the loot ‘return’ algorithm).

You need to give that some very deep thought indeed. Then you’ve cracked it, and will start smiling at these threads.

Rick
Agreed.
Careful consideration of mob and the damage u need to consider in how you negotiate a diverse damage environment.
Otherwise choose a specific damage target aim for excellence.

Agreed.
Careful consideration of mob and the damage u need to consider in how you negotiate a diverse damage environment.
Otherwise choose a specific damage target aim for excellence.

Indeed.

Once people have got their heads around the entire loot 2 damage issue.

The next question to consider is; why is it, that high end HP rings are not 1000x the value of ares rings. It's interesting that MA recently allowed more HP for additional skills, probably to "ease" loot 2 adjustments, when most were focused on a historical DPS system.

Anyway I quite like this buried in the noob section. Becasue that's where is needs to be for all of us.....smiles.

Rick

edit: Loot 2 does make sense when people understand it, becasue it rewards 'more' for skilling and growing your ava, rather than the old system that was controlled by a limited number of certain weapons. It is more fair. We've said enough I think.

Last edited:
I've found that the creature's level is a good indicator of how efficiently I can hunt with it. I don't have data on hunting without armor/heals, as for many years my play style has been hunting without armor and healing between kills (Refurb 6 lets me get back to work while my heals are still happening), but for that playstyle the comfort zone is close to creature levels near my standing in Evader (or Dodger). Note that with the current state of the game's mechanics I now prefer to always use armor.

Hmm get a great Armor or fap costs Money, becouse you need to buy them. Hunting without this to components woud save Money. That was the idea behind it, i dont have think about the loot....

@ CycoKick

Thank you for you personal interpretation :)
I've been using the armor from the trade terminal. It's nasty ugly but it seems to work just fine. Remember, with Loot 2.0 in effect, the efficiency of the armor only affects the quality of your loot, not its quantity.

Last edited:
killed by puny lvl 28evader? LOL wut. I can stand in 2-3 atrox at ~ lvl 40 evader (can be done much lower evader lvl as atrox are one f the first mobs you will notice evade level making a difference) naked using only melee and almost never die/get hit

All punies are not the same. Caly punies were recently changed within maybe the past year or two. They hit much higher than they used to. On caud/bery, eventually you will die from damage if you sit there long enough. I tested at L32 evader. On a single Carabok I could sit there all day without denting my HP.

All punies are not the same. Caly punies were recently changed within maybe the past year or two. They hit much higher than they used to. On caud/bery, eventually you will die from damage if you sit there long enough. I tested at L32 evader. On a single Carabok I could sit there all day without denting my HP.

This isn't even recent. I was trying to test out a unique weapon from the THING tt years ago on punies and a group of several of them would kill me eventually, easy enough, with over level 30 evader. Now if the regen rate had been left alone (it used to be a fraction of your health (1/20th i think every 20s?)), things could be different with high health. But it's a static value now. It's not even based on your stamina as i proposed long ago (with pretty graphs and a formula and everything).

at least lvl 50 to be able to take random ninja shit or a couple aggro and 200+ hp

Back