Developer Notes #17 - Volatility Test Completed

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The recent success rate & volatility test announced in Developer Notes #16 has now been completed. The balancing team has gathered a large amount of usage and economic data during the test, which will be analyzed over the coming days.

The initial analysis of the data is very promising with regard to increased success rates and overall volume of activity. We plan to fully implement a version of the settings used during the test period, with additional tweaks, in the near future.

Thanks for your patience and activity during the test period.

Originally Posted Here

nice to see dev notes. Thanks for the update!

The recent success rate & volatility test announced in Developer Notes #16 has now been completed. The balancing team has gathered a large amount of usage and economic data during the test, which will be analyzed over the coming days.

The initial analysis of the data is very promising with regard to increased success rates and overall volume of activity. We plan to fully implement a version of the settings used during the test period, with additional tweaks, in the near future.

Thanks for your patience and activity during the test period.

Originally Posted Here

Does that mean that there will be more loot again? :scratch2::scratch2:
The losses, the last months, were incredible, no matter how eco I hunted .... :wise:

This is encouraging!

Buy my stuff now before you miss the opportunity! :yay:

The losses, the last months, were incredible, no matter how eco I hunted .... :wise:

The volatility tests only affected crafting and mining, and had no effect on hunting.

The volatility tests only affected crafting and mining, and had no effect on hunting.

I call :bs:. The new loot 3.X balanced hofs for shared loot (preference for them) compared to before. One good recent example hogglo diablo event. Never a hof above 3k ped.

Not to mention all the milking to build up a big one further attracting more shooters to milk some more on shared loot.:ahh:

12032042_1044886415543954_795652003866759100_n_by_taotao1995-d9apg13.jpg

Of course does the overall volume of activity increase, people want to test it extensively, but just do not conclude that they would like it.

if the tweaks are increasing near successes to 66% or 90% material refund (both can occur) and scrapping the always overshooting on successes, as well as leaving the success rate at 40%, then it would be good.

If you pretty much implement it as it is during the test, then crafting is just going to suck...

just roll it back to loot 1.0 crafting, that was okay.

Edit:
I've highlighted the issue with current crafting:
tzaj2ixs.jpg

Those are happening way too often or are just way too small.

Last edited:

Yes same here :scratch2:

Might have been worth mentioning in the Developer Diary.

Maybe u should have read it more carefully, they specifically said mining and crafting tweaks

First, please kindly remind your colleagues that we're getting close to "celebrating" 1 year since loot 2.0 was introduced, but not really, because it was not introduced completely (and I do have a few jokes in my mind, neither of them complimentary). It is wrong principially that the old system (as disfunctional as it might have been) was changed with one only partially functional. It is unfair to everyone who deposited in this interval for hunting purposes. We have no new weapons available which to use the new mechanics, efficiency is caged per skill levels and everything is vague and temporary, without any real possibility of breaking the cage, because nothing is clarified and fully implemented yet. Unfair and, dare I say, expensive in terms of real actual money.

Secondly, the hunting loot, with or without intention, was beyond disbelief. 3 weeks of hunting 10hr a day, and I am best case scenario at 85%tt. It cannot be a coincidence and the distance to the percentages announced by your colleagues for high turnover is too much to be acceptable. Funny thing is, the test for crafting and mining was to reduce volatility. It's always been said that the three main profession are separated lootwise, but this cannot be, something did happened. I lost both 1k and 900 hofs the next day after taking them, while being at maximum eco possible with default setup. It cannot be, something did went wrong.

Other than that, best regards to you personally and thank you for your activity around here.

My experience with the crafting change was 100% positive. I hope you keep the new system or something very similar.

Besides the oddity of not being able to reclaim something in partial successes if it was >50% of the tt per click (ie spleen oil in gizmo VIIIs) it was great.

Successes were bumped up enough to be noticed. It was much easier to get a good success rate with fewer clicks (critical for ArMatrix crafting) and it was much easier to get to 90-95% tt return (critical so noobs don't crash the price of items just because they manage to get a hof in a small run)

My only suggestion would be to increase the volatility as the slider is moved to the condition setting. People want to gamble when they crank it and it seems the test calmed it down too much for many gamblers.

during test period my crafting and mining results were more stable and nice for me
excepially crafting, before test a almost always got 70-80% tt return, during the test almost all runs were 85-95%

Awesome that its changed back mid run with no warning(changed phrasing).

And such a subpar result after days of feeding the machine.

Guess the (way to expensive) lesson is dont go afk when your crafting mechanics might change mid run.

Last edited:
That is not true.

The opening post by Bertha Bot is a syndicated version of the original announcement released on the official Entropia Universe website:

True, ive rephrased my comment.

Mining was good during the test i use like 85 amp 5 and the return was great like it was few years ago

I always find some claim lvl V but it's ok ( 33% found rate was -5,-7% TT without any multi)

I make some more since they say the test is complete and why they don't just leave mining like this ? Cause Now it's hardcore loosing game A lot, like 10-15% of my found was claim lvl 4 WTF lvl 4 with amp 5 :eyecrazy:

So i hope they make it change in game fast. until this i just stop played :D

Given enough bombs dropped and items crafted the end tt in and out result should be the same, nothing is changed just the ups and down are tweaked. Why people hail this as revelation or even stop playing until its implemented is beyond me. The only interesting change would be a success rate change to make more items on the same ressources spend given that this items have a MU. But more items = less MU so whatever

Given enough bombs dropped and items crafted the end tt in and out result should be the same, nothing is changed just the ups and down are tweaked.

Changing the share of return that goes into 1 in 10k or rarer big multiplier events can change the value of 'enough' in the above statement.

edit: in other words - if the distribution of multipliers moves more towards 'condition', your bankroll that used to be 'enough' may not be enough anymore.

edit2: Haruto, clean your keyboard so that you don't hav to fix spelling all th time. :laugh:

Last edited:
We have a saying in the USA..."You are biting the hand that feeds you"...

I deposit 100 dollars and am getting alot less peds than i should and am losing them way way too fast ..period the end..No fun anymore being strapped ALL the time. Oh yeah another thing..Where are those mining boxes ? I never even got one yet ! I mine alot.

We have a saying in the USA..."You are biting the hand that feeds you"...

I deposit 100 dollars and am getting alot less peds than i should and am losing them way way too fast ..period the end..No fun anymore being strapped ALL the time. Oh yeah another thing..Where are those mining boxes ? I never even got one yet ! I mine alot.

you mine on ark, or somewhere else than caly? cos mining boxes are only found on caly. i get one approx every 1.5k-2k drops

you mine on ark, or somewhere else than caly? cos mining boxes are only found on caly. i get one approx every 1.5k-2k drops

I mine both places and, yes i was there on Calypso when they came out.

Edit:
I've highlighted the issue with current crafting:
tzaj2ixs.jpg

Those are happening way too often or are just way too small.

seems like this issue finally got adressed yesterday or today ... but still bad returns (~80%) in 935 click run D: Fix this shit! :mad:

seems like this issue finally got adressed yesterday or today ... but still bad returns (~80%) in 935 click run D: Fix this shit! :mad:

yes its far better then like before 1 yr..but not as good as it should be imo....

also you get at 99.99% only the lower tt(or mu ressource) back in near successes....if it would ALTERNATE it would be more fair i guess

yes its far better then like before 1 yr..but not as good as it should be imo....

woot? a year ago it was significantly better than it is now.
1000 clicks with the amount of multipliers i had in that run was 90-92% return, not 80% return....

Using QR 100 BP and getting several multipliers, yet only 80% return is just pathetic return...

Last edited:
Back