Easter Mayhem 2018 Preview

Personally I think it's less like gambling now since from the sounds of it every kill results in points rewarded as opposed to previous events where it was a crap shoot if you even got points after a kill.

I imagine that there are checks and balances still in place to make looting the bigger point values more likely on the bigger mobs like previous events.

they could use the exact same droprates as before, only shifting the entire set of numbers up one category! it's the still the same damn thing!

or in other terms:

a 0
b 1
c 5

are now instead

a 1
b 5
c 10 points

and if the number of possible results hasn't changed (not sure if 5000 points was the highest possible result before), the rarest drop possibility is just scrapped now. but mostly you just get 1s instead of 0s now. it might SEEM different, but it's actually not intrinsically different at all

btw, figuring out the probabilities even only roughly would be great. can't somebody please program a tracker for that stuff...?

but at the moment cat 10 for example will be over saturated because of dps and level limit. Look at previous mayhem winners, there is rarely a guy or two that are not 130+ in prof, often at 170+. Last mayhem cat 10 = messi 220+, hulk 180+, stryker 200+, star 180+, linzey 180+ and so on.

Exactly.
This means that anyone from lvl 105 to 150 stand no chance. And a LOT of ava's fall under that.
Quite a big piece of the (shooting) pie you're throwing away.

Last edited:
just sell the darn box keys on the webshop in one at a time instead of 5 at a time.... annoying if you don't loot exactly 5... either that or make it so that if you loot any boxes you automatically get 5 instead of one.

wtf no that's crazy! you'll need keys anyway as long as there are boxes, and there will always be more boxes seems like... where is the big issue? :confused:

btw base dps means that you can attach as much as you want to the weapon and it still counts?

and no more farming tokens

Last edited:
btw base dps means that you can attach as much as you want to the weapon and it still counts?

yes correct
base dps is stated on the first page of your weapons' info

Exactly.
This means that anyone from lvl 105 to 150 stand no chance. And a LOT of ava's fall under that.
Quite a big piece of the (shooting) pie you're throwing away.

that argument is true for any category. and isnt it that 99% of the weapons are usable to full performance with lvl 100? so what does it matter if the guy is level 100 blp sniper or lvl 200 blp sniper? or lvl 500 blp sniper? theres no difference at all. the other thing might be the evade profession but that stays true for all categories as well. and it isnt even sure if evader profession counts as combat profession in terms of restrictions

A bit of balancing needed on hp/prof lvl/dps, but ither than that looks pretty interesting. 2 categories means 2pm Tokens which is also nice. Just that balance on lvl/hp. I have never seen lvl100 ava with 300-339hp. Even that would still be fine, but at the moment cat 10 for example will be over saturated because of dps and level limit. Look at previous mayhem winners, there is rarely a guy or two that are not 130+ in prof, often at 170+. Last mayhem cat 10 = messi 220+, hulk 180+, stryker 200+, star 180+, linzey 180+ and so on. See the pattern? Top cat should be for the top guys and not to be shared with lvl105 that we have plenty in the game).
Just my 2pec

Agreed, let the super ubers fight it out in their own category.

Prof standings as of last years spring

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Level-Poll-2017&highlight=Your+highest+level

Tiny amount of players but shows that medium levels are 90-110.

according to that, 27.76% are above 90. Not "Medium". Also I'm willing to wager that the PCF community is alot more top heavy than the general population. :scratch2::scratch2:

Either way, I agree that Cat10 will be abit overpopulated. Maybe add 1 or 2 cats or shift all the ranks up a bit would be good.

But then again, these limits. Its the same over and over again, it fit some who remain silent and happy. And then theres others who's slightly above a limit and complains. Cant please everyone. Hopefully MA looked at their statistics when coming up with these numbers.

Agreed, let the super ubers fight it out in their own category.

Yes! I mean its fine if i fall into super ubers or if i am just under, what matters is that balance of numbers of players in same category. Surely MA has data from Merry Mayhem about numbers of participants in each category. Work with tthat. So far its looking like a great event, and i get that not everyone will always be happy with categories but at this time at least unlimited cat 10 is kind of a joke...

/Soko

Edit:

Make skills matter!

I dont understand why there is a prostanding CAP on lvls, were there any confilct at all with MM categorys, atleast i tougth they were well balanced.
Naturaly i belong in the top tier and I will compete even if i know i got 100+ less HP then people in my category.

But what i cant say is what happens to all the rest i competed against in last MM and im pretty sure they will stay out of it since there is like.
As far as im concerned every single avatar on this list is well above 105 (not sure about wiz and Ronny )

1st - Helene Helena Fra - 14m21s - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 70000 Mayhem Tokens
2nd - Sir Azzah Neu - 14m44s - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 35000 Mayhem Tokens
3rd - Scott DoctorH Joel - 14m47s - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 17500 Mayhem Tokens
4th - devastating Vodka lindsey - 15m44s - 18000 Mayhem Tokens
5th - Igor Wiz Kusch - 15m59s - 13500 Mayhem Tokens
6th - Caleb cc Caven - 16m24s - 9000 Mayhem Tokens
7th - Raven Lunchbox Palehorse - 16m43s - 7200 Mayhem Tokens
8th - Tomas NoX Paslaptis - 19m19s - 5400 Mayhem Tokens
9th - Craks Crakoid Latv - 19m32s - 3600 Mayhem Tokens
10th - Ron Ronny Kovich - 19m38s - 1800 Mayhem Tokens

How many of these will you see in category 10 top list, the risk is there will be a hand out victory in Cat 9 while 90% of the people whom tryed hard in old Cat 9 will just not log on

I dont understand why there is a prostanding CAP on lvls, were there any confilct at all with MM categorys, atleast i tougth they were well balanced.
Naturaly i belong in the top tier and I will compete even if i know i got 100+ less HP then people in my category.

But what i cant say is what happens to all the rest i competed against in last MM and im pretty sure they will stay out of it since there is like.
As far as im concerned every single avatar on this list is well above 105 (not sure about wiz and Ronny )

1st - Helene Helena Fra - 14m21s - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 70000 Mayhem Tokens
2nd - Sir Azzah Neu - 14m44s - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 35000 Mayhem Tokens
3rd - Scott DoctorH Joel - 14m47s - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 17500 Mayhem Tokens
4th - devastating Vodka lindsey - 15m44s - 18000 Mayhem Tokens
5th - Igor Wiz Kusch - 15m59s - 13500 Mayhem Tokens
6th - Caleb cc Caven - 16m24s - 9000 Mayhem Tokens
7th - Raven Lunchbox Palehorse - 16m43s - 7200 Mayhem Tokens
8th - Tomas NoX Paslaptis - 19m19s - 5400 Mayhem Tokens
9th - Craks Crakoid Latv - 19m32s - 3600 Mayhem Tokens
10th - Ron Ronny Kovich - 19m38s - 1800 Mayhem Tokens

How many of these will you see in category 10 top list, the risk is there will be a hand out victory in Cat 9 while 90% of the people whom tryed hard in old Cat 9 will just not log on

i have to agree, there will be way too many players competing in cat 10 and most of ex cat 8/9 wont even log in as you say

i have to agree, there will be way too many players competing in cat 10 and most of ex cat 8/9 wont even log in as you say

you think there are more players in cat 10 than in cat 3 or 4 for example? i highly doubt that. and as i said again, the most important thing is the dps, the weapon, which at 105 most players can use anyway. theres just a very small handful of unlimited guns above that level. id go as far and say the effective difference in possible dps is higher between lvl 36 and 45 than between 105 and 200 (apart from very, very few exceptions)

you think there are more players in cat 10 than in cat 3 or 4 for example? i highly doubt that. and as i said again, the most important thing is the dps, the weapon, which at 105 most players can use anyway. theres just a very small handful of unlimited guns above that level. id go as far and say the effective difference in possible dps is higher between lvl 36 and 45 than between 105 and 200 (apart from very, very few exceptions)

It's not just about dps though, having much higher defense and health skills makes a difference.

It's not just about dps though, having much higher defense and health skills makes a difference.

that depends on the mob level though. iirc when your evader prof level reaches the mob level it starts to reduce the chance of getting hit significantly. everyone in that cat will most likely have 80+ evader prof... what level do the mobs have?

also we dont know if evader counts as combat profession. if not someone with exceptionally high evader prof level in regard to other combat professions (maybe because he chipped out a bit) means he would have an advantage. but if i recall correctly, most of the time the players kill the mobs so fast that they get nearly no damage anyway. or you could overprotect heavily since loot 2.0 that you dont need to heal at all.

The higher level the more this plays in, at his example you can even out your inabilitys with a L armor.
What are you supposed to do when mobs devastate you even if you wear best armor and best plates.
A lvl 105 got 55 evader, hes gonna compete vs players almost double that with 100-150 more HP.
No problem if mobs do 1 dmg, huge different when they do over 100.

The higher level the more this plays in, at his example you can even out your inabilitys with a L armor.
What are you supposed to do when mobs devastate you even if you wear best armor and best plates.
A lvl 105 got 55 evader, hes gonna compete vs players almost double that with 100-150 more HP.
No problem if mobs do 1 dmg, huge different when they do over 100.

I can second this.
Mayhem in cst 10 was hard for me as i was an underdog skill wise. Most of my opponents having 20-30 levels more in evade and 80-130hp more than me. It was still fun and i placed well for my skills. But i only competed against cat 10, this time i will compete against thise who were in cat 9 and even cat 8. Competion is fine, but whats left in lower categories?

What happens if I reach the cat limit prof level during the event? (less than 0.1 levels away at the moment)

Otherwise, it sounds almost good. Soft cap would slice 20 HP off me though. :laugh:

if you reach cat limit i see 2 options 1) you will have to compete on next cat or 2) chip out a bit.

Here is the problem with skill CAP.
(keep in mind these are just speculations what skills players are at) also drawning the line at 2* winner time cos that took some tools and dedication to reach these scores.

Merry mayhem

Cat 10 had 15 players
Cat 9 had 17 players
Cat 8 had 29 players

Cat 9 has 15 players over lvl 105
Cat 8 has 11 players over lvl 105

Easter implication
Cat 10 now has 41 contenders
Cat 9 now has 2 contenders
Cat 8 now has 18 contenders

This destroyed competition in both Cat 9 while the ammount of people dedicated in events trippled in Cat 10, but there is only so many toys so the category will remain about the same with about 15 players making the 2* winner time mark, leaving 26 player that spent a decent ammount in MM out in the cold.
As a small side note looking on the entire field of Cat 9 its Azzah and maybe Ronny, Dakin left in entire category.

Last edited:
highest combat profesion :eyecrazy::lolup::eyecrazy::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

i just can't stop laughing, i can't realy:hammer::hammer::hammer:

i think i'm sick , must be from the combat profession :shots:

As long as you only get to run one instance, it seems like they could soft cap you to appropriate levels on entry based on stat/gear and then lock it for the duration.

Then you could set up how you do and go get assigned an appropriate category for the event. Somewhere between the existing system(s) and batsim.

This would probably also encourage a lot more small-timers to come out and play. Especially if my prof levels could get my stats "soft-capped" up to an average for my category or to some specific gear I had acquired.

I'm thinking I haven't seen a dynamic like that it would be both new and interesting.

In any case good to see them mixing it up at least. The numbers being kicked around, some folks might actually want to chip up a little into level 9?

that depends on the mob level though. iirc when your evader prof level reaches the mob level it starts to reduce the chance of getting hit significantly. everyone in that cat will most likely have 80+ evader prof... what level do the mobs have?

I would suggest you go back to bickering about bitcoins, because you clearly know absolutely fuck all about hunting.

Here is the problem with skill CAP.
(keep in mind these are just speculations what skills players are at) also drawning the line at 2* winner time cos that took some tools and dedication to reach these scores.

Merry mayhem

Cat 10 had 15 players
Cat 9 had 17 players
Cat 8 had 29 players

Cat 9 has 15 players over lvl 105
Cat 8 has 11 players over lvl 105

Easter implication
Cat 10 now has 41 contenders
Cat 9 now has 2 contenders
Cat 8 now has 18 contenders

So your speculation is based on previous Merry Mahem and those who attempted (and completed a run). Despite the massive amount of lag that discouraged alot of people to skip it? What about all the ones from cat 7 that would move up to cat 8? What about the ones that have leveled up since merry mayhem? What about all the ones who didn't like the idea of a batstim styled best time run and decided not to participate but will in this one since its based on points? What about all those people who decided the last MM was a waste of time and won't bother with this event? What about all those who will decide to chip in/chip out to compete?

Your speculation is pointless.

So your speculation is based on previous Merry Mahem and those who attempted (and completed a run). Despite the massive amount of lag that discouraged alot of people to skip it? What about all the ones from cat 7 that would move up to cat 8? What about the ones that have leveled up since merry mayhem? What about all the ones who didn't like the idea of a batstim styled best time run and decided not to participate but will in this one since its based on points? What about all those people who decided the last MM was a waste of time and won't bother with this event? What about all those who will decide to chip in/chip out to compete?

Your speculation is pointless.

Can you point to examples of those people? I would guess they exist but that there would be very few of them. I'd be surprised if there are more than 5 people that fit that description and who would want to attempt a serious competitive attempt at this event. I'd be surprised if there was 1, really.

Can you point to examples of those people? I would guess they exist but that there would be very few of them. I'd be surprised if there are more than 5 people that fit that description and who would want to attempt a serious competitive attempt at this event. I'd be surprised if there was 1, really.

I'm still waiting for a non-speculative reason to do that.
Feel free to go reading through PCF forum and asking people in Entropia if they are going to compete or not though.
Also you dont need to be a serious competitor to attempt this, its based on rng and looting events. If your lucky enough to loot more 5000 point ones you can do better than someone who shoots 10x the mobs you do but only loot low point per mob.....kind of like Ark and their events with Magurg (can't remember the name of it...golden month?)

I'm still waiting for a non-speculative reason to do that.
Feel free to go reading through PCF forum and asking people in Entropia if they are going to compete or not though.
Also you dont need to be a serious competitor to attempt this, its based on rng and looting events. If your lucky enough to loot more 5000 point ones you can do better than someone who shoots 10x the mobs you do but only loot low point per mob.....kind of like Ark and their events with Magurg (can't remember the name of it...golden month?)

That would be a no, then.

Back