Easter Mayhem 2018 Preview

Seriously, Mac, this is getting annoying now. You don't need to spam every thread out there with some kind of promotion of your item sales.

Your're right. I was just kind of messing around, some thought it was funny, its wore out now, sorry to annoy, cheers and good luck!

PS, buy my stuff :naughty:

What happens if I reach the cat limit prof level during the event? (less than 0.1 levels away at the moment)

Otherwise, it sounds almost good. Soft cap would slice 20 HP off me though. :laugh:

Event CategoriesCat1Cat2Cat3Cat4Cat5Cat6Cat7Cat8Cat9Cat10
Highest Combat Prof.<25<35<45<55<65<75<85<95<105105+
Health (Soft Cap)120130160175190220260300340UNL
Max Base DPS34486074829098104110UNL

As a hunter (never crafted and barely mined), I have HP for cat 7 and prof standing for cat 10, 259 HP and lvl 109 and this being a hunting only event, I think there's a bit of imbalance somewhere; there is twice my level ingame and you're still treating lvl 100 as endgame. I think the levels should increase by 15-30 lvls...

Awesome changes! Thanks for listening! :)

lvl 105 for cat 10 and UL dps? there is something wrong with ur math skills mindark ^^, lvl 105 hunters are like cat 7-8 at top

Seriously, Mac, this is getting annoying now. You don't need to spam every thread out there with some kind of promotion of your item sales.

I actually was getting a kick out of his posts... I thought they were somewhat humorous lol

I think he's self aware of the fact the market is so dry for old uber items that he's actually cracking a joke about selling his gear while at the same time making a critique about the current state of the market/gear. At least, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

However, if he's just taking every chance he can to push his items in your face I can see how you'd be annoyed by that. No one likes a used car salesman to follow you around and continue to sell you a car after you've left their lot -- I just didn't think that was his angle. Mac's always been one to crack jokes and poke fun (even at himself). That's where I thought he was going with it.

:D

Your're right. I was just kind of messing around, some thought it was funny, its wore out now, sorry to annoy, cheers and good luck!

PS, buy my stuff :naughty:

Lol... ok, assumption correct. I responded to the other comment before I even saw this post.

lvl 105 for cat 10 and UL dps? there is something wrong with ur math skills mindark ^^, lvl 105 hunters are like cat 7-8 at top

Actually not true, level 105 players can use pretty much any weapon they like, so DPS is correct.
The part that isn't correct is the HP part. Most of the mobs will hit too hard unless you have insane HP and great tier 10 armor with enhancers plus adequate healing. So they should make extra cats 11-20 and have it as over level 105 but then put caps on HP and give level appropriate mobs for those HP caps. Make level 20 as UNL in HP and have stupid high mobs to see who can handle that.

Oh and maybe change some of the HP soft caps on cat5-10

As a hunter (never crafted and barely mined), I have HP for cat 7 and prof standing for cat 10, 259 HP and lvl 109 and this being a hunting only event, I think there's a bit of imbalance somewhere; there is twice my level ingame and you're still treating lvl 100 as endgame. I think the levels should increase by 15-30 lvls...

I’m in the same boat as you almost, level 97.3+ and 232 hp

Don't know what you guys are complaining about soft cap/hp categories for... for this previous merry mayhem you could do cat 10 with no armour at all/earth shock and not have to fap as the mobs were severely under-leveled for what the category should have been and died before they got to you with a good gun.

Soft caps are cool,i chiped down hp giving skills for MM and regret it. Prof standing limit...well i dint check low categories,but from cat.6 and up those limits eliminates every (or nearly every) Unlimited SIB gun from event(not from cat 10 of course). Looks like we can call it Armatrix event. Not bad thinking,but at current market prices....my best wishes to participants :)

Is your hp the issues or is it dps? if HP, there is easy way to get 25hp+ when and if needed.

Is your hp the issues or is it dps? if HP, there is easy way to get 25hp+ when and if needed.

I have many problems but HP and DPS are not among them :D
I just wanted to point out that a naturally skilled hunter looks a bit different than what MA imagines. They also should look at the average levels and health of the active players before making these categories

I have many problems but HP and DPS are not among them :D
I just wanted to point out that a naturally skilled hunter looks a bit different than what MA imagines. They also should look at the average levels and health of the active players before making these categories

I am <100 pro standing and have quite a bit more health, all natural, probably because I have skilled both hg/rifle, have good mining skills, have done quite a few missions... every avatar is different.

Nevermind, it says "final event score", so I guess there is a 20 hour limit, and requirement.

Core evis and harbingers ?

Seem Ma done a good job here :wtg:
Now i just need a bag full of peds so i could participate to lol
I hope i can give it a try atleast we se :smoke:

A bit of balancing needed on hp/prof lvl/dps, but ither than that looks pretty interesting. 2 categories means 2pm Tokens which is also nice. Just that balance on lvl/hp. I have never seen lvl100 ava with 300-339hp. Even that would still be fine, but at the moment cat 10 for example will be over saturated because of dps and level limit. Look at previous mayhem winners, there is rarely a guy or two that are not 130+ in prof, often at 170+. Last mayhem cat 10 = messi 220+, hulk 180+, stryker 200+, star 180+, linzey 180+ and so on. See the pattern? Top cat should be for the top guys and not to be shared with lvl105 that we have plenty in the game).
Just my 2pec

So people who skill in all areas to build a stronger avatar are now being penalized with 'soft caps'.

Skills become less and less relevant.

So people who skill in all areas to build a stronger avatar are now being penalized with 'soft caps'.

Skills become less and less relevant.

On the opposite, what becomes more difficult is chipping out for the purpose of entering a lower category. You will now have to sacrifice your top profession with possibly several skills involved rather than just a few hp. It is very welcome that they're doing something about this questionable practice.

+ ma for better event restrictions than merry mayhem

Iv been out since January. This might be comeback.
I really like MA work on costum events and finally a random score event.
Good job, please stay focused on these kind of development.

Profession: cat6
Hp: cat7

Guess I'll pull out some commando and spacecraft pilot?

Ignore what I said

Last edited:
Profession: cat6
Hp: cat7

Guess I'll pull out some commando and spacecraft pilot?

No, you can enter cat6 without having to pull out any HP, it will just be "soft capped" (reduced temporarily when you enter the instance) according to their preview article.

just sell the darn box keys on the webshop in one at a time instead of 5 at a time.... annoying if you don't loot exactly 5... either that or make it so that if you loot any boxes you automatically get 5 instead of one.

I like this new type of balancing/features on the new events, it seems fair, but one thing I really dislike, and ya could maybe get in trouble because making it pure gambling...

it's literally the same thing as before, only that instead of visible tokens you immediately get the points (I liked having tokens as mementos though :mad:). no clue how you would come to such a conclusion

Back