FYI: Don't join teams with players you don't know

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
This is a big scam. I accidently click the OK button and kill 2 mobs before I realized that I did but I did notice that for the 2 mobs I got no loot and it took a minute for that to sink in, Duh.

If you really feel the need to join a team of strangers around Icarus check and see if I am there and PM me I will give you my POS and you can find me and give the ped you were going to spend on the hunt and that way you can save ped because you won't to pay for decay along with losing all your hunting money and you will save time to go BS with players you know:).

I've seen this on Cyrene also in the Pleck mission. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to join a team if you get an unsolicited team invitation. Just ignore it.

fyp

I always hunt solo cause I want ALL the kills/killpoints.

Also one other thing I forgot along the same line as yours. Why would you want help with a mob that has less than 20 hit points or in the case of pleats 10 hit points AND many times the loot is .01 ped.

This is a big scam. I accidently click the OK button and kill 2 mobs before I realized that I did but I did notice that for the 2 mobs I got no loot and it took a minute for that to sink in, Duh.

If you really feel the need to join a team of strangers around Icarus check and see if I am there and PM me I will give you my POS and you can find me and give the ped you were going to spend on the hunt and that way you can save ped because you won't to pay for decay along with losing all your hunting money and you will save time to go BS with players you know:).

OMG!! :eyecrazy:

Did someone claim your 2 puny loots?!?!

Name and shame them!

sorry. couldnt resist. :tongue2:

Name and shame them!

I Love your trolls!! :laugh::laugh:

Seriously: It's about a lot of money in EU. Therefore, you should generally pay attention to what you do .... :wise:

I Love your trolls!! :laugh::laugh:

Seriously: It's about a lot of money in EU. Therefore, you should generally pay attention to what you do .... :wise:

Lol, yes, sorry again, but I simply couldnt resist, knowing that Dan only hunts punies and that he could have suffered a capital loss here! :silly2:
(btw, this doesnt mean that I'm against hunting punies at all)

yes, indeed Freddy.
Like in real life, its real money.

But with just a tiny bit of common sense you should quickly realize that you shouldn't accept unknown things from strangers. Be it stuff or invitations, or whatever else. :wise:
At least, that's what my mama always taught me when I was little.

Lol, yes, sorry again, but I simply couldnt resist, knowing that Dan only hunts punies and that he could have suffered a capital loss here! :silly2:
(btw, this doesnt mean that I'm against hunting punies at all)

yes, indeed Freddy.
Like in real life, its real money.

But with just a tiny bit of common sense you should quickly realize that you shouldn't accept unknown things from strangers. Be it stuff or invitations, or whatever else. :wise:
At least, that's what my mama always taught me when I was little.

I would love it to + rep this! :laugh::laugh:

Name and shame them!

Hehe NP and I agree it was nothing to worry about, however what if it happen to have been the 1169 ped HOF that one player got on a puny Caug ? Would that have made a diff? I was going to join a team just to see who it was that was doing the scamming but then I thought about the "What if I get lucky" like I did on a argo gather which was almost 13K so I didn't do any joining. Its not really the money it just stooping that low to get a few pecs for another player. I think I can safely say everyone hates a cheater no matter the amount.

I think it would be a good idea for us to petition MA to show the full name of the player doing the team invite. Kind of like a friend request.

Hehe NP and I agree it was nothing to worry about, however what if it happen to have been the 1169 ped HOF that one player got on a puny Caug ? Would that have made a diff? I was going to join a team just to see who it was that was doing the scamming but then I thought about the "What if I get lucky" like I did on a argo gather which was almost 13K so I didn't do any joining. Its not really the money it just stooping that low to get a few pecs for another player. I think I can safely say everyone hates a cheater no matter the amount.

I think it would be a good idea for us to petition MA to show the full name of the player doing the team invite. Kind of like a friend request.

well, you can rest assured, the chance that you get "scammed" into a team AND get that insane hof is next to zero.
And if it does happen, well, karma's a bitch :D

lol this is up there with the armor colour scam... I can't believe you've been ingame this long (going by your forum join date) and not heard about it:laugh:

EDIT: To illustrate: 2007 on my fourth day I spent probably 3 hours clearing a path to the oil rig to kill everyone there with my mann mph... got about 3-4 shots in on Mustang Blue Corvette before I was seen as a bother and killed...this probably seems a bit naive but i STILL knew at that time not to: have someone color my armor and not accept random team invites without checking the loot distribution system

Last edited:
well, you can rest assured, the chance that you get "scammed" into a team AND get that insane hof is next to zero.
And if it does happen, well, karma's a bitch :D

Right again !!!!

lol this is up there with the armor colour scam... I can't believe you've been ingame this long (going by your forum join date) and not heard about it:laugh:

EDIT: To illustrate: 2007 on my fourth day I spent probably 3 hours clearing a path to the oil rig to kill everyone there with my mann mph... got about 3-4 shots in on Mustang Blue Corvette before I was seen as a bother and killed...this probably seems a bit naive but i STILL knew at that time not to: have someone color my armor and not accept random team invites without checking the loot distribution system

Oh I have heard about but I really didn't have to, to know it was a scam. As I recall teams didn't have the medic percent option when I first started so I don't think there was a way to all the loot unless it was looter gets all the loot, I maybe wrong, so you had to have a hand in the killing or at least close enough to be the looter which is not the case now. The only reason I mention this scam from time to time is the posts and message I see sometime around Icarus. Hopefully this will help a noob that is why I started it in this forum.

Just check the the Team is = Demage, share loot and you can join every team if you want...

Oh I have heard about but I really didn't have to, to know it was a scam. As I recall teams didn't have the medic percent option when I first started so I don't think there was a way to all the loot unless it was looter gets all the loot, I maybe wrong, so you had to have a hand in the killing or at least close enough to be the looter which is not the case now. The only reason I mention this scam from time to time is the posts and message I see sometime around Icarus. Hopefully this will help a noob that is why I started it in this forum.

I believe in the old days there was a "Team Leader get all loot" option. Was a useful option with Soc hunts to make it easier to split the loot evenly and/or split items. Most times, that was a warning of a scam though.

I believe in the old days there was a "Team Leader get all loot" option. Was a useful option with Soc hunts to make it easier to split the loot evenly and/or split items. Most times, that was a warning of a scam though.

I am fairly sure that is incorrect because of the many soc-team hunts I was involved with and everyone had to turn in the loot so it could be split and I doubt that that the team leaders would do that if the option you are speaking was available.

Dunno if this is just a silly thread or if OP phrased in a wrong way what he ment.

If the OP´s intention is to put a warning out there to noobs, then it should be something in the lines of "always check how loot is split when you join a team". Not the ridiculous way OP writes his post.

Ridiculous why? Because not all people that ask people to join a team are trying to scam. I for one usually ask people around Icarus or in Rookie channel if they dont mind to join my team. If they are sweating or doing stuff that being in a team does not affect them, then why not join? I need to be in a team for events, instances etc, and they are not being harmed in any way.

Bottom line, not all people that ask you to be in a team are trying to scam you, help out if you can, but be carefull and check the damage settings in team if you are hunting. This goes to OP aswell :p

I need to be in a team for events, instances etc, and they are not being harmed in any way.
l
Mindark shoul do away with team being needed for events, instances, etc., or at least allow a pet to act as your team mate.

Dunno if this is just a silly thread or if OP phrased in a wrong way what he ment.

If the OP´s intention is to put a warning out there to noobs, then it should be something in the lines of "always check how loot is split when you join a team". Not the ridiculous way OP writes his post.

Ridiculous why? Because not all people that ask people to join a team are trying to scam. I for one usually ask people around Icarus or in Rookie channel if they dont mind to join my team. If they are sweating or doing stuff that being in a team does not affect them, then why not join? I need to be in a team for events, instances etc, and they are not being harmed in any way.

Bottom line, not all people that ask you to be in a team are trying to scam you, help out if you can, but be carefull and check the damage settings in team if you are hunting. This goes to OP aswell :p

That is different. Though tbh neither the OP or I in my #2 post explicitly says so, this is about join team requests being made without any prior contact and especially when hunting puny mobs where there is absolutely no reason to be in any team.

I am a bit confused how exactly do you check the split when you get a join team "XXX" request. I only see 3 buttons yes, no or ignore I think they are, but hey I maybe missing something.

I am a bit confused how exactly do you check the split when you get a join team "XXX" request. I only see 3 buttons yes, no or ignore I think they are, but hey I maybe missing something.

The struggle is real.
TNG crew is in pain!

haha sums up my thoughts exactly.

This is one of oldest scams in EU and should be part of any noob 101 training. You get a team invite from someone you dont know. Red flag straight away. Now if you join the team don't shoot anything. First of all check whose in the team, dont know anyone. Red flag no 2 Check the loot setting if its got one of setting where you dont have to cause damage to creature to get loot. Red flag no 3 if you don't shoot during the team and you are creaming of scam. the scammer will soon kick you out of team as he don't want you getting his loot.

Mindark shoul do away with team being needed for events, instances, etc., or at least allow a pet to act as your team mate.

This is an idea I like.

There must be a reason why you can't loot creatures when alone in a team, and why loot is written out in chat when in team but not when you're solo. Whatever that reason is, throws a monkey wrench into any such ideas.

You cannot check before joining, unfortunately.

When you join, it's the little button to the right of the team name:
team.jpg

You cannot check before joining, unfortunately.

When you join, it's the little button to the right of the team name:
team.jpg

Rat thanks for the info but the discussion is about before joining not after I think everyone knows about that button :), however is the medic amount show or is it the below in the shot machine looking square ? I have not joined a team since before this option so it was not obvious to me because i was looking at the different splits when I hit the create team to look at the different split options and it does not show in your SS.

Rat thanks for the info but the discussion is about before joining not after I think everyone knows about that button :), however is the medic amount show or is it the below in the shot machine looking square ? I have not joined a team since before this option so it was not obvious to me because i was looking at the different splits when I hit the create team to look at the different split options and it does not show in your SS.

You can easily try yourself. Just make a team yourself once and you get to see and study the interface. There is even a "?"-Button with helpful explanations.

You can easily try yourself. Just make a team yourself once and you get to see and study the interface. There is even a "?"-Button with helpful explanations.

Its show the same screen as the one when you click on "team" in system before you actually create the team.

2008 forum warrior posting about hunting punies with group settings only a total knob would not notice.

Are you trying to let everyone know you're an idiot or you are an actual idiot?

Back