Category Poll 2018 Easter

I still play the game, I just stopped doing events. I/we comment because we wish it was more balanced, at least to the point we didnt have to depo hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to compete. I loved halloween meyhem even tho I never won...but thats not the same now either. So I go on my merry way and do the things that are fun for me in the game. I care enough about the game to comment on things I dont participate in now. I dont want noobs to become discoureged as I have , and I am level 100.

Yeah ofc; like I said, I wasn't referring to you in particular. Everyone should do what they like.

BUT, were you away during the MM? It was the most balanced event I've seen. And I'm judging that by the number of random players that won a prize in solo (over 100 players !!) and all you had to do was to play well with mid stuff for 15-20 minutes. Once. Everyone was looking to borrow or rent a ring or something, get a good tier weapon, things like that. It was a really well designed event that got many players interested.

There were other events in the past designed for the mid+ type of player and yeah, ofc you needed some gear that is expensive, because the prizes are also expensive, they always were, it's the reason people participate. MA knows it and wants to make the stakes high so as many as possible join, quite simple.

And when on the line was a 5 or a 10k $ prize, OFC you had to put in some effort, financially above all, if you wanted an edge over the others. It's the whole point of this game.
In last MM, L everything, sub 100$ could win you a top place. Stuff available to EVERYONE! Still not good enough? If you don't find that balanced, the events will never be your thing.
If at level 100+, 1k PED is a lot of cash to get some L stuff, then, you may want to try the permanent event, for only 40cents (or is it 60?). It can award you a couple of K $ a year :D

so where's the fuckin poll? :laugh:

cat 3 cause I recently hit 35. btw chipping out to be able to contribute in an event seems infinitely stupid to me

Listen to their story man.This forum is not about discussing ideas and improve the game :) nobody listen to that shit.

I wish I could shut you up somehow, where's that ignore function...

Legend says that if you find these unbalanced once, you will always find them unbalanced :D

What I don't understand is why the percentage of (ex)players that don't participate/play but comment frequently is so high still... I mean, ok, you quit some time ago or you are very disappointed; we get it, every new event. WE GET IT :D It seems people that feel that way struggle to stay away but can't, somehow. Should we feel sorry? Should we give up as well?

I'm not referring to you Quell, but to this part of the playerbase that I don't understand but see very often on forums. It's obvious for the past few years that the events became more accessible to the common folks with little determination.
By accessible I don't mean that they are easy to win or even to place in top, but there are decent chances if you try hard (adj ep41 t3 is not trying hard) and sometimes it's totally worth it. You should try. At least go hard for a test :)
gl.

Maybe its because I participated in MM long ago and won a prize. (old categories cat.3) And now I don't even have to bother participating, even though Mindark is doing the right thing to let more people be able to win a prize. I am glad that categories are back. Unfortunately for me, I am all round skilled, which is not working in current settings.
The only thing I could do is rent the terminator. If I turn eff dmg off, it fits in my category (if eff dmg off is the same as Mindark base dps)

Last edited:
and have access to a high tier unL or a large stockpile of high tier rate Ls.

The 20 hour event you might have a very slim chance to place with normal L gear if you get a 5ker or two. Otherwise if you arn't running near the max dps and near the max tier then don't plan on placing 3rd or better.

The d

It's not about planning to place that high. It's about trying. Sometimes trying rewards you, even with a lot less DPS than max, a lot less HP, healing, armor, everything. But nothing helps if you plan on labeling the event as fail before even thinking of trying it, before official rules are out and everything...

It looks like you're describing an event that is already in game. It doesn't require ANY investment, it doesn't require ANY (ingame) skill, not much time and you get some of the ticket money back, you may even profit from it.

For those who didn't guess yet, it's called Battle Simulator. And it's specifically designed for people that want equal chances at winning as Star, messi, Grave, Girts, Linzey, Joda, vodka etc, but with NO GEAR AT ALL :D

People talk about same players winning the usual events, every event... Of course they win, they put an immense amount of time and money into their avatars, into things that give a good edge. And when this slightly changes, when the chances of average Joe become a lot better, people still aren't willing to try and blame everything else.

@Spawn, yeah, it would have been a shitty event if players 13 years old in the game could participate in Cat 3 :D
This event you are required to use a maxed out weapon (L would be just fine) and that's not something you'd even consider doing, not even for 20 minutes in a main event. We get it, it's OK :D

It's not about planning to place that high. It's about trying. Sometimes trying rewards you, even with a lot less DPS than max, a lot less HP, healing, armor, everything. But nothing helps if you plan on labeling the event as fail before even thinking of trying it, before official rules are out and everything...

It looks like you're describing an event that is already in game. It doesn't require ANY investment, it doesn't require ANY (ingame) skill, not much time and you get some of the ticket money back, you may even profit from it.

For those who didn't guess yet, it's called Battle Simulator. And it's specifically designed for people that want equal chances at winning as Star, messi, Grave, Girts, Linzey, Joda, vodka etc, but with NO GEAR AT ALL :D

People talk about same players winning the usual events, every event... Of course they win, they put an immense amount of time and money into their avatars, into things that give a good edge. And when this slightly changes, when the chances of average Joe become a lot better, people still aren't willing to try and blame everything else.

@Spawn, yeah, it would have been a shitty event if players 13 years old in the game could participate in Cat 3 :D
This event you are required to use a maxed out weapon (L would be just fine) and that's not something you'd even consider doing, not even for 20 minutes in a main event. We get it, it's OK :D

My main weapon is xeno dagger scratcher tier 4 with trauma amp VII. My highest level is 66 and I have 310k skills. Thank you for it being ok.

53h/60d h170

Will chip out 5 levels of damage to compete in cat4.

so where's the fuckin poll? :laugh:

cat 3 cause I recently hit 35. btw chipping out to be able to contribute in an event seems infinitely stupid to me

In a game where skills are supposed to matter, and the incentive is supposed to be for people to "skill" up to greatness, it seems counter-intuitive for the game developers to create events that incentivize people to chip out, but I never been able to figure out why MA does what they do :laugh:

In a game where skills are supposed to matter, and the incentive is supposed to be for people to "skill" up to greatness, it seems counter-intuitive for the game developers to create events that incentivize people to chip out, but I never been able to figure out why MA does what they do :laugh:

noobs doesn't care about fundamentals.Crying is easier.The more the faster the process in their favor.

how are the losses in hunting for you these last months?

I lost many games in fortnite.I am complete garbage and I do accept that.
If you have any records you know about please post em here.You have my permission to post anything you know about me other than assumptions of course :)

I lost many games in fortnite.I am complete garbage and I do accept that.
If you have any records you know about please post em here.You have my permission to post anything you know about me other than assumptions of course :)

no need to assume anything. you have just proven my point :)

I'm level 84 with 235 HP.

So i'm cat 7, best L weapon for cat 7 is Armatrix BC 80, 98 DPS, but maxed at level 85 so if i max it at level 85, i jump to cat 8 :scratch2:

Best UL weapon for cat 7 is a level 100 weapon.

Level and DPS do not match for cat 7 with what happen in game...

Last edited:
Since there is a 120lvl sib pistol (dk if anyone owns it) its unfair to put ~100lvl players in CAT cap 100-200lvl. MA had to make Elite CAT 120+lvl.

Even if I had a uber gun to participate in cat 10 in this event I wouldent have a chance, because my HP and defensive skills are to low for cat 10.

Feels like people get punished for working hard just to get the skills needed to use UL level 100 maxed guns.

Anyway, might do a few runs in instance just for fun:)

The Problem is ...all pll want to have the gear that fit's perfect for their category what is simply not possible, if ppl wish so then remove all other Gun's armors etc.....except one, what makes the game realy boring and monotonous.

An Exeption for Events where everyone has to use same gear and skills is also unthinkable...lot's of ppl have time to play the game 12 hours a day or more, some can play only 1 hour a day what leads into next debate about what advantage will have the guy who plays 12 hours a day to the one that can play 1 hour a day if they doing such event.

I have realy a problem with such category based events with 10 or more category's.....
my opinion is, leave it as it was last years ...max 5 category's and done...Luck and Pointbased events like Halloween or robot mayhems the last few years...this game did not need any change of the old event styles...Maybe ppl will finaly get more intrested to skill up again.

Most People dont understand the consequenses of their megalomaniacal demands...all this megalomaniacal demands that happend last 10 years did lead into more changes and this did lead into more crying and devaluating your Avatar's, Skills and Gear, losing Fun in this game, lack of incentive to skilling up.....and so on.
For a Exaple: a Item was once worth like 330k now its worth not even 20k...thats not MA fault only...that happend because pppl asked for changes.

All this shit just happend because some ppl crying about everything and MA is still d***b enough to hear u.
In the Past it was even possible for noobs (as i was) to make some ped's, now it is not even possible for Ubers with best gear in game to make any Ped's and all this only because ppl complaing always and asking for changes......
And everyone see where it will lead into if you always asking for more and more changes???

I realy realy hope someone understand my point that MA just hear the Player's, and the Player's often have no clue about how economy IRL and in Game works.
Every Change has a consequence and pls think about the possible consequence b4 asking for a change!!!

The Problem is ...
In the Past it was even possible for noobs (as i was) to make some ped's, now it is not even possible for Ubers with best gear in game to make any Ped's and all this only because ppl complaing always and asking for changes......
so you are saying that the game is cheaper to play now as certain folks playing it aren't ripping off others playing it as much as they were, i.e. markup that was remarkably high due to past price gouging by those that were try8ing to create a monopoly in game, isn't happening so much these days as in the past?... not sure that's 100% accurate, but even if it is partially true, this is a problem why?

THIS IS A GAME, NOT A JOB!

If more people can afford to play than in the past since the game is more 'fair' to all it's a good thing.

lol ofc you should have to have good gear to compete in events, at the top end there is a bit of a monopoly on that gear but thats a different problem. Now (L) are at least semi competitive, yeh you are at a disadvantage as you should be with a gun that costs like $20. People that complain that events arent fair are the same people who would return to the forum and complain that all their gear has devalued and right now events are pretty much the only thing holding up gear value. Its fine if you see it as a fun game, but not everyone does and your $40 deposit a month certainly shouldnt entitle you to an even chance to compete for $1000s in prizes with someone who has $1000s in gear.

Also people saying stuff like

So i'm cat 7, best L weapon for cat 7 is Armatrix BC 80, 98 DPS, but maxed at level 85 so if i max it at level 85, i jump to cat 8
have to be joking, if you cant max it in your cat then no one can and its not best dps for your cat :scratch2: and no one can take maxed lvl 100s into lower cats so those arent gonna be optimal either. If you actually think and plan and budget and get lucky you can compete which is an improvement and theres other routes to profit while doing so.

so you are saying that the game is cheaper to play now as certain folks playing it aren't ripping off others playing it as much as they were, i.e. markup that was remarkably high due to past price gouging by those that were try8ing to create a monopoly in game, isn't happening so much these days as in the past?... not sure that's 100% accurate, but even if it is partially true, this is a problem why?

If more people can afford to play than in the past since the game is more 'fair' to all it's a good thing.

The concept of fair in this game is kind of a joke, its not supposed to be fair for all its pvp. Loot 2.0 is a perfect example of them moving to what you would consider more "fair " (tho ofc most of those its not fair noobs complain about that too) and it changes from most people losing so some could profit (imo a good thing) to everyone just losing slowly which may sound good short term to people already losing as their deposit goes a bit further but longterm it kills game. (sorry for off topic)

Also people saying stuff like

have to be joking, if you cant max it in your cat then no one can and its not best dps for your cat :scratch2: and no one can take maxed lvl 100s into lower cats so those arent gonna be optimal either. If you actually think and plan and budget and get lucky you can compete which is an improvement and theres other routes to profit while doing so.

More of a statement about how the cat prof req to dps to hp ratio is all sorts of wacky.

I dont know where you read that....
The point is that most ppl seems to forget that this Game was designed to be a skillbased Game.
So where is the Incentive to Skill you ass up if everyone has same TT returns???
If you say same tt returns for everyone is fair for everyone, then you dont understand the System for a skillbased Game.

I cannot take ppl serious that are more arround in a forum than to be active hunting, mining ingame and wants to teach me .

I fit into cat.5 (highest prostanding 60laser dmg, pistol hit 58, hp 185), guess I could find some ArMatrix which to fit that base dps req, but I will only enter maybe once to see how things are around. If there is no FFA, I don't do it. My bankroll and setup don't allow to compete with people my lvl, I can't afford adj resto, impa105 and some rings. And the more I skill up the required funds for setups are getting silly. If I can troll some lvl10 mobs for fun while spending some 500 peds, fine, if not, I can find smth else to do for sure. Not even mentioning the extortion which will happen on auction on ArMatrix series during event.

P.S.1: cathegories look better now than at xmas mayhem. I found myself in, iirc, mayhem 5 or 7, can't recall, but I had absolutely no business being there with the boss, couldn't even dmg it until the bonus from hisp expired.

P.S.2: what I do like is that they try new things, these different playing modes with defense or annihilation look promising as concept.

Last edited:
I fit into cat.5
If there is no FFA, I don't do it.
And the more I skill up the required funds for setups are getting silly.

Everyone should be able to join the event. Of course our skills and setup make a difference.

Skilling up should be encouraged, since it does give benefits and is one of the goals of the game.
Skilling up should NOT be punished, by HAVING to join a higher category and thus requiring more expensive gear.

Everyone has his own financial possibilities. Everyone has his own dps.
However highest profession is mere a consequence of long-time activity and should not result in being REQUIRED for more expensive gear to compete in the required category.

DPS limit: YES
Prof limit: NO

So where is the Incentive to Skill you ass up if everyone has same TT returns???
If you say same tt returns for everyone is fair for everyone, then you dont understand the System for a skillbased Game.

There is no need to get better tt returns in a skill based game not even in rce. Much fairer and better would be imho that better skills allow you to hunt bigger mobs which should give better markups.

Unfortunately MA killed the markup part in whole game (which makes it pretty much pointless for me to play it)

There is no need to get better tt returns in a skill based game not even in rce. Much fairer and better would be imho that better skills allow you to hunt bigger mobs which should give better markups.

Unfortunately MA killed the markup part in whole game (which makes it pretty much pointless for me to play it)

Where is all this magical MU coming from, how long do you think it takes to pay off investments like topend gear with just a couple of % better loot composition? and what good are items that just give you better chance to loot more shitty items that give same returns as TT gear? MA killed the mu by changing the game to suit silly opinions like this.

If you want to talk about what killed MU you have to look all the way back to when MA dropped/was scammed into giving/inspired to drop the first unL kross 400.

UnL SIB guns should have never been introduced. You can't effectively balance around them and MA can't seem to help themselves.

Give it a year or two and the new line of mod/aug/perf weapons will destroy what little markup there is left in the game.

Back