Server Downtime for Release

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
On Tuesday 2018-03-27 at 08:00 UTC, the Entropia Universe servers will be taken offline for an update to release 15.16.0.

We estimate a downtime of 1 hour.

Estimated max download size for this release is 181 MB.

For details on UTC time please see www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Have they been eating bugs?

Last edited:
After the release, please quickly fix the following bugs that will occur:

- lag;
- buff stacking;
- lag.

... what else ?

The upload of the upcoming mayhem event I presume?

- lag;
- buff stacking;
- lag.

... what else ?

you forgott LOOT..... :lolup::lolup:

- lag;
- buff stacking;
- lag.

... what else ?

Space Logout bug?

Aaah... who am I kidding, pirates never get love. =(

Come up for a visit fellow Entropians, we like big hugs and hot cocoa. it’s cold and lonely in space :(

where are the release notes???

Space Logout bug?

Come up for a visit fellow Entropians, we like big hugs and hot cocoa. it’s cold and lonely in space :(

Not to get on the space rant but let's be real here...

At the end of the day space PvP in itself is a complete joke. A vast majority of the time pirates sit in the no loot able zone and wait for an individual to fly into the loot able zone before engaging. Due to the mechanic of space flight. It's not possible for the individual being shot at to remotely stand a chance in a counter attack.

People say (don't want to target any specific payers or societies) that they want space fixed to include the ability to log out with complete disregard to the overall impacts it will have to the game. Already we have too many resources and planets in the game and our population is spread thin enough, with "fixes" such as removing the ability to log out in space to allow for safe travels would cripple most planets, piss off planet partners even more than they already are but also destroy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of ships market value.

So please, before we go wishing MA to "fix" somethings, let's simply think through the impacts that it will have on the greater game and not ones ability to advance their personal gains.

Just my two pec....

Release Notes are posted as the servers come back up, not 4 hours before they go down...

I was half awake when i posted that and for some reason thought it was wesnesday lolz, my bad.:laugh:

Lets look at it realistically. The largest Space MMOs, we know who they are, have just released massive updates in the last week, one going alpha in the next week. With heaps of new spacecraft, explorable regions of space etc etc.

We can but hope that we see a space update from MA which brings EU back into the arena of top space MMOs or else I fear we will remain left behind.

We would want to see
1. Space mining
2. PVP free zones
3. Intergalactic space missions activated, which have been attracting fees since auction transport costs for the last few years, hence there should be a big chest of PED to use as rewards now.
4. A few more UL spacecraft
5. Warp gates
6. New player owned space stations
7. Enlarged space area
8. Navigation skills, so a noob can't just fly a mothership. Pilot skills equal to the ship you are using.
9. More space mobs
10. Ability for space factions to be formed, corporations etc, allow players to make profits

The list is endless, but other MMOs are doing it so why not here?

The list is endless, but other MMOs are doing it so why not here?

Compare the various companies' budget and number of employees. It might be possible if it was the only project to focus on. Hence why I suggested a while ago that Entropia Space is outsourced to a dedicated "planet partner". But thinking of the financial risk... not sure who would want to do it.

They get too much love, if you ask me. No skill requirement other than maxing the kismet, no punishment for speed and aim exploits, safe zone broken af, ramming broken and most important no threat. No flag for pvp-ing, no turret/police/whatever engaging, nothing. Only safely getting back to the exploit of "next seat clears flag". It is ridiculous and only shows how broken the situation is, that the most dangerous place in space is near space stations, which should logically represent a beacon of safety.

How to fix space:

1. Fix mob spawns.
2. Put in 20-40 ped universe wide teleporters.
3. Implement space grind missions paid for via teleporter fees and auction transport fees (like you started collecting what 3 years ago?)
4. Ban NVE like you should have 4 years ago.

Bam, game 10x better.

Back