Life hacks according to Entropians

Pretto Loco

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Pretto Loco Believingson
I'm getting older and I don't know if it is life itself, or just something that comes with age but

:mad: I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND TIME ENOUGH TO DO WHAT I WANT :mad:

And time is a very limited resource.

It is not just ingame it is just life in general. Maybe it is the way it is growing up and having many daily tasks divided into project categories and daily duties and needs. They say it is not the goal that matters, it is the path up to that said goal. I can't remember back when I was a kid that I actually had any goals, I just did things and played what I wanted to play aka no anxiety over not being able to reach a goal. It didnt have any bigger meaning than that, no ultimate goal. But as an adult so much stuff can be sorted into life goals and projects and you do this and that to add another brick to each of these goals and projects. Not necesarilly to have fun or getting happier this particular day, you just do it to reach your goal some day or out of pure feeling of duty.

I just feel after long days at work and coming home and try to squeeze some bricks onto my personal projects and dreams, that I just can't find it stimulating, or fun, or finding the energy or inspiration for it. And often it feels just like some eternal life iron mission. And freaking booooring!!!!

I post this in hope that you Entropians can suggest not just for me but for anyone reading, simple things you can do in your real or ingame life, to make the daily tasks easier, more stimulating and more likelly to contribute to your goals and make them happen.

I think this community has what it takes to give really awesome advices how to hack life itself :)

:yup: If you contribute with a life hack I will try and link to your post from the second post. :yup:

I end with a favorite quote by Einstein that I think fits into this topic.

Albert Einstein said:
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

(p.s. And please don't post links to some sites that gives these kinds of advices. I wan't the Entropians personal advices, things that works for you.

Also, I won't clutter this thread with replies and make it into a discussion. If I like your contribution I will rep you for it. And if I feel like it will send you a pm. I feel this is kind of personal so pm's are a good way to discuss personal things.)

Last edited:
Life Hack by Loco "15 minutes a day"

There was this guy in Sweden named Arne Tammer. He had a campaign to get swedes to exercise and to make people feel that "hey, I can do 15 minutes a day physical exercise". His motto was:

Arne Tammer said:
Ge mig en kvart om dagen / Give me 15 minutes a day

And he promised you a healthy and beutiful body. And the campaign was very succesful.

tammer.jpg

Well, the point here is the 15 minutes a day. I mean you can apply it to just about anything that feels like a burdain but a necessity. The perfect example is to keep your home clean and not having to waste an entire weekend doing so. I do it (occationally). I set the timer on my phone on 15 minutes and then I do some hardcore tiding up and putting shit away. When the 15 minutes ends, I allow myself to quit doing it no matter where I am in the process of fixing my home.

The advantages as I see it are
  • You feel rewarded on a daily basis for having actually done something you need to do but is boring
  • You can push big tasks forward in small steps
  • You need a minimum of discipline to reach bigger goals
  • You teach yourself the purpose and rewards of discipline, which may make you leap onto bigger things
  • You can impress your mum and dad or gf or bf saying "I have cleaned my entire kitchen" :D. (not telling them it took you 2 weeks)

I have tried it myself for a couple of years and I give this advice to people. It doesnt work for everyone but it sure have done it for me.

And funny enough, after a while you get addicted to doing this 15 minutes routine each day.

Last edited:
I found that when I started to feel this way it was because I had either lost the passion for whatever it was or that I was forgetting to just enjoy the ride along the way. There are so many things along ones life that can be enjoyed, admired, respected for what it brings, that I soon forgot the goals I was seeking to attain and found myself merely enjoying my surroundings. I think, as we are youths, most of us are taught that we must have goals to aim for so that our parents wont worry about us becoming lazy. I recently retired and am now re-learning to just enjoy life day by day and all the beautiful things I am blessed with on a daily basis. I have also found that helping others with their goals very fulfilling and takes my mind off myself and my concerns.
Basically, find something you have a passion for and do it. Something that puts a smile on your face and gives you that inner peace I think we are all looking for thru pursuing goals. For me, in game, its helping others when I can and playing the game for my pleasure, not profit. In real life it is very similar with the addition of continued learning about everything :). Life, or more directly society, continues to try to drain you of your passion and its a struggle at times to maintain it, but maintain it you must. If you find you have no passion for something then you are either doing the wrong thing for yourself or you have strayed from that passion. I think that sometimes we all expect too much out of our daily life and lose sight of the wonderments that are all around us, in life or in Entropia.

My :twocents:

Add damage enhancers!

It appears I may have forgotten a life hack or 2 I use :p....Exercise and working out ( running, lifting weights) and a healthier diet are a couple of things I still do. Sometimes its a certain music I listen to that motivates me or a book, or art whatever makes your boat float :)

Last edited:
get a boxer pet in game. Every time he does a sit up do one irl too. ;)

Use buff pills that are timed... like the auto loot pills are one hour each from the tt. Just play when buffed and log off afterwards. That way you are timing how long you are online instead of just sitting online for hours at a time.

=====================
Use open office or excel to create a spreadsheet of your life. Set it up with rows being either hour or half hour increments, and days being the columns. Map out your week 24/7. Got some new project or want to make time to work out, schedule it in the master spreadsheet. Put as many details in there as you want, or inspirational quotes, etc. Start following the plan. When you feel 'bleh' look at the map and let it guide you... I used to do these sort of 24/7 plans regularly in college and have more or less used em here and there ever since in my life after college... really allows you to squeze in time when you don't think you have it...

Gamification of real world is also fun to do. Fitocracy is ok, but there's lots of other ways to do it to.

Reward yourself in 'healthy ways.' For instance, want to start exercising more, not eat as much, etc. start doing something like setting aside 5 dollars to deposit in to Entropia weekly. If you 'save' extra by not buying soda or coffee, or whatnot, add the 'savings' to the eu deposit... 'pay yourself' x amount in extra incentive for every workout during the week, etc.

-----
Explore 'free entertainment' options... go outside, take a camera and do some walks, shooting the textures around you. Go explore a park, a forest, a pond... Get yourself a fta receiver and a motor for it to explore free tv up in the sky outside of your local channels. There's a bunch of religious and foreign language stuff up there... satelliteguys.us is best forum I found for setting that type of thing up... (don't use old receiver these days much since the kiddo likes netflix too much, but someday I will set it up again)...

always opt to do lawn work or housework as a diy option if possible. I'd leave electricity and plumbing to the pros, but consider trying to diy for everything else. Don't hire a lawn guy, get out there and mow with an old school push mower.

Try some non-standard workout equipment, such as sledge hammer...

Wash dishes by hand. There's some study out there that indicates that it's a way to improve a happiness in life as it's almost meditative.

Go fly a kite... literally... it's quite fun, especially if you have a toddler with you.

Last edited:
Throw the TV out if you still have one.

Last edited:
I know how you feel!

As the song goes, “Life gets tedious, don’t it!”.

And as you get older perception of time changes in a very real sense and the environment seems to demand more effort from us.

Apparently the best way to slow down time is to do as many varied things as possible (because of the way the brain stores similar experiences compared with novel experiences).

I remember in a psychology class once the tutor had everyone calculate how many weeks we were likely to have left.

Very sobering. One young lady completely changed her life after this excercise and started doing adventurous stuff and hobbies that she’d never tried before.

A friend of mine has four grown up kids and often looks after his grandchildren. He has the cash to take take lots of holidays abroad and is good at diy stuff around the home. So his life is so structured he doesn’t have the spare time to worry about what he ought to be doing better.

This year I’m going to try some new hobbies, get fitter and try to get out of bed earlier (I’m bloody lazy!).

All you can do is have a good think of what makes you really happy then go for it 100%.

Recently, I did something I thought I would never have the guts to do! I deactivated my social media accounts- all of them! A month ago I would've said that this will be the death of me, but I guess I was wrong. I can't believe how much happier and appreciative of my life I am right now, it's kinda funny... I notice much more things around me and I have time, oh I have so much more time to take care of myself and my family! Tbh, it was quite challenging to delete my facebook account, it just didn't want to go away and was re-activating every week, which was strange :scratch2: But at the end, I figured out a way of deactivating it and I am so happy about it you don't even know!
Such a life hack for people that don't have enough time to do their day to day activities- try deactivating your accounts for a week or two, and you wouldn't want to activate them ever again, trust me! ;)

PS I know I sound mental, but I was very much obsessed with social media.

I still don't find enough time to do all the things I want:
- Don't watch tv
- don't play games (sometimes I log into EU but thats like once a month)
- don't drink and I don't socialize much
- don't spend too much time working

Wait a second..
- I spend too much time on the internet (including here)
- I spend too much time thinking

And
- Maybe I should do what I want and then I don't have time for the things that I don't really want :wise:

That's right! Even now when I don't use social media I see myself losing a lot of time just keeping up with news and reading different things on the internet. However, I have the time to do so right now. But yeah man, you have to do what you like because at the end of the day it will make you feel accomplished and happy! :yup:

• If you have use of your legs, always take the stairs
  • Don't have fries with that
  • No, you don't want an extended 3 year guarantee
  • The grass usually isn't greener. Stay put (unless you live in a warzone) :)
  • Money doesn't bring you happiness

That'll suffice for now.

Just what? Eu is a "community" of scammers and profiteers or people that spend retarded amounts of money thinking they are relevant somehow? has all other social media failed you? :scratch2:

Back