Entropia Universe 15.16.0 Release Notes

They nerfed high end gear giving better TT returns, makes sense they'd add something like this to compensate, a way to increase your TT return without massive $ investment barrier (imp mk2 etc) and where you dont start with an almost insummountable disadvantage on grandfathered players is a good addition imo. Just giving everyone same TT return no matter level/gear and changing loot composition is not sustainable plan longterm it just makes hunting pointless. Now theres ways to increase composition and TT return excited to try it out anyway, not sure if 2days before an event is the BEST time to trial such a change but at least it is at a time where the devs are actually in the office.

I have confirmed with the dev team that the loot profession only affects loot returns (as stated in the release notes), not loot composition.

Could this be the incentive to skill/hunt that everyone was waiting for? :cool:

WHY :mad:

that makes no sense in any way. it should've been composition 100%!!!!!

Well, no time to btch. Time to skill up if thats the case. MA wants ppl to go and hunt as simply as that ...
They want more grinders as this Loot 2.0 was supposted to "help" those grinders.

Gamblers? No luck to them i guess.

I only wonder how this is compared to mining and crafting. I did see a huge difference in mining lately thu.
Feels like we are having some Communist loot where all are equal and you have a barly profiting run, working your ass off. All average loot, no loss and no profit. Hmm if thats the case for mining, hunting and crafting, then it looks bad (to me) :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

WHY :mad:

that makes no sense in any way. it should've been composition 100%!!!!!

i guess that is because nothing affects loot composition so far. despite some people claiming they might get better loot with better efficiency i havent seen ANY test that shows empirical evidence. all my tests show that loot composition is always the same, no matter the dpp or efficiency, as long as you are under the "only shrapnel" border.
so why would they suddenly start to implement something like this?
as far as MA doesnt show proof of how their shit is supposed to work we can only do our own tests and make assumptions based on these tests.

Well, no time to btch. Time to skill up if thats the case. MA wants ppl to go and hunt as simply as that ...
They want more grinders as this Loot 2.0 was supposted to "help" those grinders.

Gamblers? No luck to them i guess.

I only wonder how this is compared to mining and crafting. I did see a huge difference in mining lately thu.
Feels like we are having some Communist loot where all are equal and you have a barly profiting run, working your ass off. All average loot, no loss and no profit. Hmm if thats the case for mining, hunting and crafting, then it looks bad (to me) :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

didnt MA state they wanted to lower the cost to play? so why would every change they make have the opposite effect? i mean if they want to encourage mindless grinding because otherwise your loot sucks it means the cost to play gets exponentially higher

Let's all just go play the game and figure this out, as intended. Don't cry until you've done some field research!

Is anyone else who is doing their Daily Token Mining Mission since the update not having their finds counted by the mission counter?

Is anyone else who is doing their Daily Token Mining Mission since the update not having their finds counted by the mission counter?

bonus are bugged

i guess that is because nothing affects loot composition so far. despite some people claiming they might get better loot with better efficiency i havent seen ANY test that shows empirical evidence. all my tests show that loot composition is always the same, no matter the dpp or efficiency, as long as you are under the "only shrapnel" border.
so why would they suddenly start to implement something like this?
as far as MA doesnt show proof of how their shit is supposed to work we can only do our own tests and make assumptions based on these tests.

to a) get level 100+ to shut up and to b) get people to spending tons of ped on scanners (if scanning actually contributes to the professions, nobody told me yet)

then again more loot tt might push you over the item minimum threshold more often :confused:

to a) get level 100+ to shut up and to b) get people to spending tons of ped on scanners (if scanning actually contributes to the professions, nobody told me yet)

then again more loot tt might push you over the item minimum threshold more often :confused:

that would only work if it would be increased from what we had before. isnt it more likely they keep their average long term tt return (as its viable for MA to sustain) and lower it without the required prof standing?

bonus are bugged

Are you talking about the Bonus Daily Mining Mission or the Bonus Hunting Missions? My Daily Token Hunting Missions seem to be working. But the Daily Token Mining Mission doesn't seem to be working - at least the HUD counter for it. It just says "0/417" excavated for my Frigulite Daily Token Mission even though I have excavated over a quarter of what I need.

I'll finish the mission (excavate 50 ped worth) and report back...

I like this VU

It's a new goal to set and get better at it !

finally some content that that is interesting , instead of useless hypernew buildings somewhere

I have confirmed with the dev team that the loot profession only affects loot returns (as stated in the release notes), not loot composition.

Ok, so that means us n00bs will pay for ubers. Can you mention how much % of TT return this impacts compared to before the magic 98%?

We now got "loot tax" for paying for the ubers gameplay if you're not skilled enough. :scratch2:

Ok, so that means us n00bs will pay for ubers. Can you mention how much % of TT return this impacts compared to before the magic 98%?

We now got "loot tax" for paying for the ubers gameplay if you're not skilled enough. :scratch2:

I would like to know as well if this is true, it would be most unfair.

However considering it a loot tax, is pure speculation as of yet.
It is not because a certain person gets 0.01% more loot at his level, that someone else will get 0.01% less loot.

(unless shared mobs maybe, but that was already the case based on dps)

this is soo wrong

it has to be loot composition.

What you do now is stealing ped from low levels and give it to higher levels.

epic fail and you kill youre game

If we all start at zero, how is this stealing from lower to higher?

This rewards those who are actively looting. with proportionately more going to lower level players.

5-6 points on occy provider, 1-2 on a puny mob. rate of kills on puny > than occy provider. Small mobs win. Which means people hunting small mobs will be more efficient much faster than those hunting higher mobs at their level. Ubers actually lose out on gear use if they want to keep same rate, since uber gear is often overkill for small mobs.

My gut says the overall return is still going to be the same percent. 96? 97? 98? Who knows. That is still capped but now the return is reduced to make room for this skill to bring players to that cap.

Game has always been gamblers/low levels/inefficient players paying for ubers. Only now you arent 3years and $20000 away from catching them, even top players are not that far ahead of you in terms of looter profession and the overall amount it affects loot is unlikely to be that large (as all their recent changes have been closing the gap not widnening it) again there should be advantages and incentives for being high level/playing a lot/investing otherwise game dies, however unfair it might feel as a low level f2p player. Its better now than it was before only now they are telling you how it works whereas before it was known but not really talked about.

Haven't been mining yet but... lag is back with a vengeance. If this rubberbanding continues, won't be mining today at all.

An addition to the release notes (the original notes have also been updated):

Known Issues
  • The new looter professions were incorrectly placed in the Combat profession category, These will be moved to the Resource Gathering category in the next patch.
  • Some participants are showing 3 unachieved professions even though all professions have been achieved. This will be corrected in the next patch.

Yeah, first nerf the crafting returns from 90-93% to solid 80%, then nerf mining returns from 85-90% to <80%, now nerf hunting returns.... what is your plan here? make everyone leave?

This rewards those who are actively looting. with proportionately more going to lower level players.

5-6 points on occy provider, 1-2 on a puny mob. rate of kills on puny > than occy provider. Small mobs win. Which means people hunting small mobs will be more efficient much faster than those hunting higher mobs at their level. Ubers actually lose out on gear use if they want to keep same rate, since uber gear is often overkill for small mobs.

have you ever skilled anything before in this game? getting more points per time on a puny MAY only work on the very first levels. If you reach a few hundred skill points your skill gain on punys is close to zero. and you can easily turnover more on big mobs than on small mobs, as the skill points is proportional to the damage done. less new mob targetting more shooting on bigger mobs + bigger guns with more damage = more skills

Yeah, first nerf the crafting returns from 90-93% to solid 80%, then nerf mining returns from 85-90% to <80%, now nerf hunting returns.... what is your plan here? make everyone leave?

I wish you would stop spouting this shite.

Crafting has always been 70-90% short term. And 90+ long term.

I started crafting in 2006, and have millions of peds worth of results. It is no different now (ignoring the last few weeks of MA testing)

Rgds

Ace

your 50 clicks on EP 3 is not relevant data :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Please report those punies as bugged. Merp young (L5, 50 HP) gives 0.4 or 0.8 points about 1.5 times per 10 kills.

After 143 kills I stand at 18 points of Skinning.

I wish you would stop spouting this shite.

Crafting has always been 70-90% short term. And 90+ long term.

I started crafting in 2006, and have millions of peds worth of results. It is no different now (ignoring the last few weeks of MA testing)

Rgds

Ace

no, the returns haven't been as low as 70% short term (3-5k clicks) prior to december VU.
Even 1k click runs have always been over 85% prior to the loot changes, while now you can do 2k clicks, get several multipliers and still end up with a pathetic 80% return...
Yeah, funny, you're ignoring the latest changes and then claim crafting wouldn't have changed, confirmation bias much...

your 50 clicks on EP 3 is not relevant data :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

I'm approaching the 1 million crafts achievement....;)

Last edited:
no, the returns haven't been as low as 70% short term (3-5k clicks) prior to december VU.
Even 1k click runs have always been over 85% prior to the loot changes, while now you can do 2k clicks, get several multipliers and still end up with a pathetic 80% return...
Yeah, funny, you're ignoring the latest changes and then claim crafting wouldn't have changed, confirmation bias much...

I'm approaching the 1 million crafts achievement....;)

I give up.....life is too short.

Rgds

Ace

So to clarify some points to you people that don't test things before you complain about them:

1. This will NOT kill team hunting as every person in the team gains the looting skill, YES, even the person ONLY healing gains skill. (I confirmed this live on my stream earlier today)

2. Skinning/Scourging/Reclaiming does give HP (Not 100% confirmed, but it's hard for me to imagine me gaining half an HP today alone when it usually took 3-4 weeks)

3. You can Heal a person NOT in your team and still gain looting skills.

4. Using a pet or looting pill does not affect the skill gain in any way.

:yay::yay::yay:

Back