Entropia Universe 15.16.0 Release Notes

I have confirmed with the dev team that the loot profession only affects loot returns (as stated in the release notes), not loot composition.

Can you double check that please. This is saying that one person will lot 100ped and a 2nd person with lower skills might only loot 98ped.

Can you double check that please. This is saying that one person will lot 100ped and a 2nd person with lower skills might only loot 98ped.

Hard to say what's the magnitude of change. Weapons from 0 to 100 eff have 7% difference. It's possible that 0 to 200 prof lvl have only 1% diff. But MA have to communicate that clearly - something like 2.0 dev notes would be helpful.

Will the loot profession start at zero, or will historical loot be counted?
Is there any hp gain on this profession?

No HP gain from Skinning. Can confirm

I think everyone complaining should take a stand and just quit for good! stand tall and proud! and gtfo of my way for good loots

Are you aware this is not a positive-sum game? :)

Stupid MA thinks 'no point in skilling' complaints will stop. Yeah but here comes 'MA stilling our peds' :smoke:

48 in animal and mutant, 35 in robot looter here
previously were 88 professions, now shows 92 and 3 unachieved(???)

new skills noticed:
skinning - skinning is the ability to extract valuable resources from animal prey
butchering - butchering is the ability to extract valuable resources from animal prey
scourging - scourging is the ability to extract valuable resources from mutant prey
reaping - reaping is the advanced ability to extract valuable resources from mutant prey
reclaiming - reclaiming is the ability to extract valuable resurces from robots and machinery
salvaging - salvaging is the advanced ability to extract valuable resources from robots and machinery

I have 2 looter professions for mobs and mutants but only 1 for bots. I'm >30 in mobs & mutants but only 25 in bots so I guess the unlock is at level 30.

Just a thought:

Missions didn't kill team hunting altogether but this probably will.

The unachied Professions aren´t new. I had 2 unachieved Profs since i can remember. No clue, how to achieve them.....:scratch2:

yea but I did not, all were achieved
The unachied Professions aren´t new. I had 2 unachieved Profs since i can remember. No clue, how to achieve them.....:scratch2:

2 unachieved profs most people have are Material Designer and Mentor. The former can be "achieved" (at lvl 0.1) also by tailoring, texture crafting or carpentry crafting, the latter only by mentoring.

There are three new visible and three new yet unachieved profs this VU.

2 unachieved profs most people have are Material Designer and Mentor. The former can be "achieved" (at lvl 0.1) also by tailoring, texture crafting or carpentry crafting, the latter only by mentoring.

There are three new visible and three new yet unachieved profs this VU.

If i had to guess they messed up since they say looter profession is under resource collection but its actually under combat and the 3 unachieved professions is the looter professions that was meant to be in resource collection

new skills noticed:
skinning - skinning is the ability to extract valuable resources from animal prey
butchering - butchering is the ability to extract valuable resources from animal prey
scourging - scourging is the ability to extract valuable resources from mutant prey
reaping - reaping is the advanced ability to extract valuable resources from mutant prey
reclaiming - reclaiming is the ability to extract valuable resurces from robots and machinery
salvaging - salvaging is the advanced ability to extract valuable resources from robots and machinery

Curious to see ur tt returns from now on

new skills noticed:

Im 29 robot looter and dont have the secondary skill yet, so i agree with slither lvl30 is likely the unlock for secondary looting skill.

lol extracting scourging came out as "Scalping Skill Implant (L)" in discovery, looks like a bug

tbh im a bit disappointed these new skills are tradable (though it is fun to discover them) - but then again this is a supposed to be an RCE

lol extracting scourging came out as "Scalping Skill Implant (L)" in discovery, looks like a bug

Or a late name change, the advanced skill is 'Reaping' for mutants.

tbh im a bit disappointed these new skills are tradable (though it is fun to discover them) - but then again this is a supposed to be an RCE

Yeah it might have been better hunting encouragement to treat them like the sweat skill, but i guess its a skill people can cash in on - which might be very valueable to toplevel hunters with large turnover if the tt return impact is high enough.

I suggested a profession/ability like this to mindark many years ago to ease the cost to play for those who advance to higher levels as in the long run the game should not become more expensive if you advance. So im glad they finally did it.

The SJW crowd probably said it would be offensive to native americans so they changed it. Now they're gonna have to make an apology :laugh:

Ludvig|MindArk

Talk to us. Alots of questions that need an answer :)

We need the math geniuses to figure out what contributes to the professions and how much. :wise:

Have they renamed Swordsman to Swordsperson yet? :laugh:

Why?
Only men can weld a sword, women cant. Thats why it is called swordsMAN!!! silly :p

Reclaiming seems to contribute around 30%.
If you hunt in team the loot skill gains are awarded based on damage done regardless of who loots it.
Skillpills seem to work on these gains.
If multiple people damage a mob they all get skillgain from looting in relation to damage done - though it seems that putting a single shot in does grant an unproportionate higher amount of skill - this may still need to be looked at.

Well this is exciting and hope there is continued effort to place more importance on skills. Wish they contributed to HP though ;)

230 skinning pts so far gonna be fun skilling everything and getting more unlocks. :wtg:

Would be nice by MA to release more info on this subject since it is a sensitive topic.

But my predictions are that the influence will be minimal, like someone said above, maybe 1% TT return diference between lvl 1 and lvl 200. That 1% means almost nothing to low lvl hunters but 1% on Uber hunters's loot will make a huge diference. Im anxious to see April's returns on Girts's log :)

Who cares about Return.. we are here for fun right ? ;) Awsome something new :)

and how does the looter profession work in regards to the max loot.

i suspect the max average return stays at 98% so with 0 looter profession it might be something like 95%.
now you hunt a puny mob, when will it be maxed to achieve the top 98% average loot? at level 5? or is it the same throughout all mob levels, say you need to be prof level 200 to gain the average 98% no matter if you hunt a puny or a proteron?

I have confirmed with the dev team that the loot profession only affects loot returns (as stated in the release notes), not loot composition.

WHY :mad:

that makes no sense in any way. it should've been composition 100%!!!!!

Back