How are the looting skills put together

Parlog

Elite
Society
THE MINISTRY
Parlog Gothakaur
Hey everyone,

first lets collect some info about how you gain primary looting skillups: skinning, scourging and reclaiming

-kill and loot an animal, mutant or robot. Confirmed!

-You can get skinning skillups on a succesful taming attempt. After new VU confirmed!

after the latest VU many ways to skillup the primary looter skills have been disabled.

lets try to riddle out how skills affect the new looting prof standings.

-skinning/scourging/reclaiming contribute 35% each in their profession, confirmed!

-Perception contributes 9% for all three looter profs. Confirmed!

-Anatomy contributes 7% for animal and mutant looter. Confirmed!

-Alertness contributes 6% for all three looter profs. Confirmed!

-Serendipity contributes to all three looter skills. Confirmed!

-Computer contributes 4% to robot looter prof. Confirmed!

-Biology contributes 3% to Animal & Mutant Looter. Confirmed!

-Zoology contributes 3% to Animal. Confirmed!

-Electronics contributes 7% to Robot looter. Confirmed!

-Mechanics contributes 3% to Robot Looter. Confirmed!

-Analysis contributes 5% to all three looter professions. Confirmed!

-Xenobiology contributes to animal and mutant looter. Confirmed!

- Scientist contributes to all three looter professions. Confirmed!

- butchering/reaping/salvaging seem to contribute 10% each to their specific looter prof standing

So far we can say:

for animal/mutant looter we know 76%

for robot looter we know 63%

To Do List:

- Effects of Attributes need to be tested

-% of contribution needs to be tested for Serendipity, Computer and Electronics

-Robotology is said to contribute to Robot looter. Final Confirmation needed on this one

-effects of other high unlock skills are still not tested

Unlock info:

-level 30 unlocks new looter skill. no unlock at level 50. Confirmed!

- any looter level 30 prof standing can unlock either, xenobiology or robotology

-Level 30 unlock animal looter: butchering

-Level 30 unlock mutant looter: reaping

-Level 30 unlock Robot looter: salvaging

-Level 60 unlock on all 3: Scavenging

Last edited:
you can skill skinning by sweating. Confirmed!

Just to clarify, you get the skinning skill gains while sweating? Or do sweating skill gains (like concentration etc) give you skinning profession gains?

Just to clarify, you get the skinning skill gains while sweating? Or do sweating skill gains (like concentration etc) give you skinning profession gains?

a soc m8 got about 0.8 skinning skill while sweating

you also get skinning skills while healing and not being in team!

so you get it by healing in general? Do you get it by healing yourself in a hunt?

so you get it by healing in general? Do you get it by healing yourself in a hunt?

the problem is, you get the loot skills at the time the mob is dead only. So no way how to check that. (as when solohunting you shoot and kill the mob yourself, healing or not healing yourself)

the problem is, you get the loot skills at the time the mob is dead only. So no way how to check that. (as when solohunting you shoot and kill the mob yourself, healing or not healing yourself)

thats right of course!

I can confirm this , also it seems the non teamed healer / random who heals you also takes 50% of the skills the hunter should have got. (Looting Skills that is )

Sorry to bring the bad news, I am a woman, I am always right (even when I am not!) :lolup:

yes mistress!

couldnt there be bigger skillups in a solo hunt while faping yourself, compared to solo hunt not healing yourself?

a soc m8 got about 0.8 skinning skill while sweating

If a healer gets it when healing only when the mob is killed, then this might be a skill gain once the mob is killed for a sweater in the same way. I'll log in and test in a bit.

If a healer gets it when healing only when the mob is killed, then this might be a skill gain once the mob is killed for a sweater in the same way. I'll log in and test in a bit.

okay interesting, i am afraid we all gonna be flodded with bystanders soon

okay interesting, i am afraid we all gonna be flodded with bystanders soon

max I got healing hunter on mobs was 0.42 skinning gain

so sweating might be better if someone seriously wants to farm it?

no unlock after prof lvl 50

I'll log in and test in a bit.

I sort of tested. sweated ambu with the usual lot for a while, got a bunch of other skills gains. No skinner gain, but the mobs were being turreted so didn't get to test what happens if someone else kills the mob. Obviously if I kill it I'd get the skill gain anyway, so if someone wants to come kill ambu for a bit they'd help complete the test.

I can confirm this , also it seems the non teamed healer / random who heals you also takes 50% of the skills the hunter should have got. (Looting Skills that is )

Don't heal me, bro!

The only time she was wrong, was when she thought she was wrong, but was really right.

Fapping yourself and getting skinning skills makes perfect sense :laugh:

Hahhahahha :)

Now thoroughly tested. You get skinner skill when someone else kills the mob you've been sweating, and as far as I can tell, only then, just like healing it seems.

Now thoroughly tested. You get skinner skill when someone else kills the mob you've been sweating, and as far as I can tell, only then, just like healing it seems.

thank you for the test Marie

OP updated

Scanning as activity? With some general skills perhaps, not the actual scanning ones, because

okay i updated the OP

Last edited:
Gonna laugh if one of them is perception.

Damnit i gambled on the Scan Animal to influence looter proffession and chipped in a few K just the day b4 release

Can also confirm that taming and gaining loot gives the skinner skill gain as well.

Damnit i gambled on the Scan Animal to influence looter proffession and chipped in a few K just the day b4 release

it seems the scanning unlock skills might count, so not a complete loss

Can also confirm that taming and gaining loot gives the skinner skill gain as well.

Sorry to ask for double confirmation from you or someone else, as I only got skinner gain while taming exactly twice in my shortish test when I accidentally killed the mob with a crit.
On language, I wouldn't expect to skin a mob I'd tamed tbh. ;)

Sorry to ask for double confirmation from you or someone else, as I only got skinner gain while taming exactly twice in my shortish test when I accidentally killed the mob with a crit.
On language, I wouldn't expect to skin a mob I'd tamed tbh. ;)

I definitely gained the skinner skill on a successful tame. I'd also freshly logged in and deliberately didn't use a gun or heal anything at any point. I just ran to the nearest set of bunny's and tamed without killing until I saw the skill gains. I was wearing armor and taking damage on that, but it's the only other factor that could have had some influence.

Back