How are the looting skills put together

Not sure if this adds anything new but thought I'd contribute because of the large TT value of the skill.

Just finished Hogglo mission and received 200 PED anatomy reward.

Skill/profession before and after.
Anatomy: 9728,10 ---> 9967,62
Animal Looter: 38,6003 ---> 38,7679
Mutant Looter: 27,2844 ---> 27,4520
Robot Looter: 22,2381 ---> 22,2381

Best regards,
Baldurn

Yes thank you. It seems that the effect of anatomy for animal looter and mutant looter are not the same. It looks like its around 4% for animal but 6% for mutant, which doesnt make sense to me, because at the start with the primary skills at 1 the levels have been exactly the same for me.

Verified both members of a duo can get skill gains on a loot event even if the loot distribution is quite off 50/50. I suspect that whoever does loot it gets more skills on average though; but haven't yet had time for a controlled test.

Yes, you do.

On a tangentially related note, I also suspect combat skill gain boosts affect looting skill gains as well.

increase in Scientist skill affects Robot, Animal and Mutant Looter :wise:

updated!

Yes thank you. It seems that the effect of anatomy for animal looter and mutant looter are not the same. It looks like its around 4% for animal but 6% for mutant, which doesnt make sense to me, because at the start with the primary skills at 1 the levels have been exactly the same for me.

You've misread or miscalcuated something there. Both increases are exactly the same in Baldurn's data. 7% contribution for both Animal and Mutant Looter, as you had it before.

You've misread or miscalcuated something there. Both increases are exactly the same in Baldurn's data. 7% contribution for both Animal and Mutant Looter, as you had it before.

alright found the mistake, thank you. So i gonna leave it as is

Mechanics 3% contribute in Robot Looter.
Computer 4% contribute in Robot Looter.

Electronics 7% contribute in Robot Looter.

no unlock after prof lvl 50
but there is an unlock after prof lvl 60, got it on animal looter but from the description would guess that it unlocks also for other looter profstandings
Scavenging is the advanced ability to extract resources from a wide variety of sources and harvestable objects.
scavenging.jpg

but there is an unlock after prof lvl 60, got it on animal looter but from the description would guess that it unlocks also for other looter profstandings

scavenging.jpg
Amazing information!
Perhaps this skill is introduced early, and is associated with Resource Gathering and Gardener professions (if you're interested, check it out).

scavenging.jpg

Interesting. Scientist should also be unlocked at Level 60 (though of course you already have it).

Amazing information!
Perhaps this skill is introduced early, and is associated with Resource Gathering profession (if you're interested, check it out).

Yes, could be, if no-one had level 60 Resource Gatherer before.

-Alertness contributes 4% for all three looter profs. Confirmed!
How and who confirmed this? :)
I just checked.
Alertness contribute 6% in all three looter professions.

Some new info. OP updated!

Thx for all the help!

How and who confirmed this? :)
I just checked.
Alertness contribute 6% in all three looter professions.

lets say we are zeroing in :)

Do they work already or can we just gain them for now ?

very good question. Another question first, what do we understand under "work"? I guess you need a really high prof standing in looter and a really high turnover combined with a really good log to see the difference. Smilgs might be the right guy to ask...

scavenging.jpg

Being that Harvesting has been one of my favorite professions I always wanted to find rare loot while doing it. Either some sort of genetic DNA or BP's just something. Would be cool if Scavenging gets us there at some point. :D

Attempt to full breakdown of Animal Looter:

Intelligence: 1%
Alertness: 6%
Dexterity: 3%
Perception: 9%
Skinning: 35%
Anatomy: 7%
Analysis: 5%
Biology: 3%
Zoology: 4%
Serendipity: 8%
Xenobiology: 2%
Butchering: 10%
Scientist: 2%
Scavenging: 5%

Adds up to 100%, and this breakdown matches several data sets I have, including some very high level avatars (thx a lot for sending data!); if more people could confirm whether this matches also their own levels, that'd be great.

I have entered this into the Chipping Optimizer, to make it easier for people to check.

Adds up to 100%, and this breakdown matches several data sets I have, including some very high level avatars (thx a lot for sending data!); if more people could confirm whether this matches also their own levels, that'd be great.

I have entered this into the Chipping Optimizer, to make it easier for people to check.

Spot on for me at 36.13%

Mutant Looter:

Scourging: 35%
Genetics: 4%
Reaping: 10%

Robot Looter:

Reclaiming: 35%
Electronics: 7%
Mechanics: 3%
Computer: 4%
Robotology: 2%
Salvaging: 10%

great, i entered the missing skills and skill effects to entropiawiki!

Mutant Looter:

Scourging: 35%
Genetics: 4%
Reaping: 10%

Robot Looter:

Reclaiming: 35%
Electronics: 7%
Mechanics: 3%
Computer: 4%
Robotology: 2%
Salvaging: 10%

They're not quite right - Mutant predicts 32.73, I have 32.67. Robot predicts 22.23, I have 22.17.

Alertness 5628
Dex 7287
Perc 6637
Scourging 1377
Anatomy 11890
Analysis 975
Biology 728
Genetics 114
Seren 8256
Xeno 77
Int 110
Reaping 458
Reclaim 486
Elec 1037
Mech 1296
Comp 1403

I don't have the other unlocks.

EDIT: Wrong, ignore this, see below.

Last edited:
Mutant: predicted 31.83, actual 31.8351
Robot: predicted 23.23, actual 23.2367

There must be a small difference in skill contribution for Skinning and Scourging.

Today I had the exact same skill points for both. When I looked at my levels for the two professions, they looked like this:

Skinning: Level 15.625
Scourging: Level 15.46

It's not much of a difference, but on of the contributing skills must be 1-2 % off. I have Serendipity unlocked.

Mutant: predicted 46.68, actual 46.6757
Robot: predicted 29.13, actual 29.1250

Seems to work for me.

Animal: predicted 27.86, actual 27.863
Mutant: predicted 28.96, actual 28.961
Robot: predicted 19.23, actual 19.2350

perfectly accurate for me, but do note I don't have the following skills unlocked:

Xenobiology
Reaping
Scientist
Scavenging
Butchering
Robotology
Salvaging

there may be a slight error among these perhaps

Oops, my mistake. I overestimated my Intelligence. Make your own joke up.

I have 80 Int, not 110, which makes it a perfect match.

Oops, my mistake. I overestimated my Intelligence. Make your own joke up.

I have 80 Int, not 110, which makes it a perfect match.

too easy :))
glad to see everything has been figured out

Back