Suggestion: Strange signal

Chris Enzo

Old Alpha
MA has introduced lots of things since VU 10 came, but still has not given back the strange signal we got sometimes when mining.

I really miss that part of the game when you just got the direction of signal on the finder, and know the spaceship is spawned and anyone could find it before you did.

if you got the signal in a area with hard mobs it could take some time to get through to the ship.

Wonder why MA dont give us this back, gives an extra kick for miners when they get strange signal.

I got 8 of them back then, was great fun.

I remember one time I just found the ship when helping 2 new players on a tp run, I killed the drones guarding it, looted it and contiued the tp run, soon after we met a noob miner, start chatting with him then he asked what a strange signal was, I told him about the ship and gave him the 50 ped loot from ship since it was him that made it spawn:)

MA GIVE US THE STRANGE SIGNAL BACK!!!!

Reactions: Arm
Those can only be crafted since years now :(

Because some couldn't beat the drones or some 1 else found it before the miner did, they could be found as "found something out of ....." and it was added into the mining window

Nobody is crafting them since its to hard to get most materials (almost impossible since some ingredients hardly drop) and pretty expensive also.

Last edited:
They stopped dropping as SOTO when mining!?

Reactions: Arm
Anyone remember the 'strange signal' you could get when mining in the old CND domes?

Wow I totaly forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me of that. And yes it would be great to have this back!

"Strange Signal" is one of those things mindark removed that I cannot find the reason behind this desicion. However this company managed to screw this game up with many other removals.

To MindArk **** ***

Last edited:
Great memories, you had to get to the ship and press a button right?

Shame they killed the way beacons and beacon missions used to work...

These days people would just fly over in a Sleipnir, press the button, and leave the drones for someone else to clear up.

Back