• It hard to tell

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

timofeJKE

Old
Society
Concord
Timofej timofeJKE Triumfov
Hello all, am i the only one experiencing low tt return in short term in mining?

How much are we talking here, in TT cycled and how short a term?

Since this week my tt return is about 70% at every 150 ped probes run. But it is pretty normal, that mining returns have a bad period, as it have also nice periodes with nice payback. Just stop mining, if Payback is bad over some run's, it then need to do a break, maybe.

Well for example if i take one lvl5 amp as one run i used to have from 50% to 80% tt from one run without globlas.
After last VU these runs end up with 30-60% and i mean i have two times less claims. Mby a hof will later even it but i am not sure i will survive till it with such a hit rate, so just wanted to find out its only me and there is nothing to worry about and go on. For me its like i am mining underground though i am planetside.

Well for example if i take one lvl5 amp as one run i used to have from 50% to 80% tt from one run without globlas.
After last VU these runs end up with 30-60% and i mean i have two times less claims. Mby a hof will later even it but i am not sure i will survive till it with such a hit rate, so just wanted to find out its only me and there is nothing to worry about and go on. For me its like i am mining underground though i am planetside.

Why you do not unamped mining, if it is bad.. the risk to loss is much more small then. Amped mining is a big risk, and in all my experiances with amp, it also lower the hitrate. So if a bad time occure in mining = decreased hit rate and smaller claims, then i would not use amps, and risk my underpants.

Why you do not unamped mining, if it is bad.. the risk to loss is much more small then. Amped mining is a big risk, and in all my experiances with amp, it also lower the hitrate. So if a bad time occure in mining = decreased hit rate and smaller claims, then i would not use amps, and risk my underpants.

You are right, the small problem is that when u mine with amp for a lot of time without hof, its a bit sad to catch a good multiplier unamped aferwards, so i am ok with big losses if its just a period of bad luck but not that the whole mechanism is broken, which looks like it for me right now

My bank account is telling me that mining has not been so good lately.
I've gone a good while without a decent multiplier.
indoor amped mining just for reference.

You are right, the small problem is that when u mine with amp for a lot of time without hof, its a bit sad to catch a good multiplier unamped aferwards, so i am ok with big losses if its just a period of bad luck but not that the whole mechanism is broken, which looks like it for me right now

That's really not the way it works, you're not "missing out". But if you go out with one level 5 amp, its going to hurt many times before it gets better. Those are much higher swings....

Maybe i am not good with expressing my thoughts, let me try explaining.
Since the beginning of the year my turnover was about 30k peds, 15k of that was lvl 5 amps, rest probes (i also did indoor but unamped).
There were long runs, short runs, good runs, tons of claims in a row tons of NRF in a row.
But what i see lately is there are lots of NRFs day after day after day, amp after amp after amp and 30-60 tt return every small run (run = amp) and thats something new for me since mining amped this year, so i was just curious if anyone is experincing the same or its just my long long bad luck wave, thats all.

same shit man some day u might have 3-4 hofs x 300 multi

Yes and it started after they stopped the tests. Don't bother with random answers here, I know you from the global chat and you might know me too. I can speak on my cathegory of amping, lvl3, but I do know from a good friend who's hardcore with lvl5 that he experienced same thing, but of course with slightly different numbers due to higher amping.

So, before tests, on a minimum interval of around 200 drops the regular return (so, multis under 20x or so) planetside was usually 85% (and I have tens of thousands of drops logged), with some 70% or so occuring extremely rare (6 times in 110k peds logged) as the minimum possible.

During the tests the regular return tended to 92% with extremely rare globals (again, in my league of amps) to bring between 95% and 98% (but the MUs were <3 <3 <3 ).

After the tests the regular return dropped to 70% with longer streaks of no finds (20-25), and minimum returns possible of around 55% per same interval of refference. "Incidentally", very big hofs appeared again. Coupled with the bad MU, until they implement the promised patch, I am hunting :D

I'm the one who voted "hard to tell" because I basically stopped mining once it started looking fishy (~last weekend). (mostly outdoors, mostly unamped, but I do different things once in a while)

Before the test period i found the mining very bad exactlty like now

Since the test period it's over i use 40+ amp 5, so not a lot but can't loose more :mad:

On the last 40 amp i got 2 x20 and 4x10. with 25-28% claim average and a low TT found average like 7.0-7.2 ped per found

With some MU i still loose 1.3k ped on 40 amps. For information during the test period my claim average was 31-33% and TT average 7.9-8.1 ped TT. So yeah until MA fixe it mining was painfull ...

Please MA we want the mining like in test period :yay:

Last edited:
I'm the one who voted "hard to tell" because I basically stopped mining once it started looking fishy (~last weekend). (mostly outdoors, mostly unamped, but I do different things once in a while)

Its back normal now, did 2 runs this morning and had normal TT return as usual so 100%+ TT return mostly :)
(never indoor and never use amps) :p

Thank you for answers, especially Kerham and jbjujujbjuju, it looks for me as if its the same bug as it was on crafting, when then x14-15 multipliers on condition turned into x4-5 but this was obvious due to a lot of hardcore testers and easily analysed statistics, so was fixed rapidly. On mining such bug could be treated just like a bad wave/run so i hope some hardcore miners will share their view on wether there is really issue to worry about.

Its back normal now, did 2 runs this morning and had normal TT return as usual so 100%+ TT return mostly :)
(never indoor and never use amps) :p

There might be a difference in amped and unpamed though it takes time and peds to test it and personnally i didnt want to test unamped due to a risk of getting a good multiplier unamped (though i understand that might be silly, especially if something is broken when mining amped)

Last edited:
Yes and it started after they stopped the tests. Don't bother with random answers here, I know you from the global chat and you might know me too. I can speak on my cathegory of amping, lvl3, but I do know from a good friend who's hardcore with lvl5 that he experienced same thing, but of course with slightly different numbers due to higher amping.

So, before tests, on a minimum interval of around 200 drops the regular return (so, multis under 20x or so) planetside was usually 85% (and I have tens of thousands of drops logged), with some 70% or so occuring extremely rare (6 times in 110k peds logged) as the minimum possible.

During the tests the regular return tended to 92% with extremely rare globals (again, in my league of amps) to bring between 95% and 98% (but the MUs were <3 <3 <3 ).

After the tests the regular return dropped to 70% with longer streaks of no finds (20-25), and minimum returns possible of around 55% per same interval of refference. "Incidentally", very big hofs appeared again. Coupled with the bad MU, until they implement the promised patch, I am hunting :D

Last week I had some HR's of 28-30%
The long drops of NRF are still there, but you get more multipliers again now so that makes up the TT return, but when using amps you prolly loose since the dropcost is higher.

Im experiencing some heavy losses too. Before test I had 14 runs in a row on arkadia on minus( each round 4 lvl5 amps tripple drops) and that was -4,3k tt loss. THen I moved to Caly when they starts tests. On test that was like in heaven, Ive regain approx 2,1k tt from that 4,3k loss. And now Im going down again. 21 runs 4 x lvl5 each with double drops and only 3 positive runs. 21 runs = 2,8k tt loss. Not enough Mu to cover that.

Maybe i am not good with expressing my thoughts, let me try explaining.
Since the beginning of the year my turnover was about 30k peds, 15k of that was lvl 5 amps, rest probes (i also did indoor but unamped).
There were long runs, short runs, good runs, tons of claims in a row tons of NRF in a row.
But what i see lately is there are lots of NRFs day after day after day, amp after amp after amp and 30-60 tt return every small run (run = amp) and thats something new for me since mining amped this year, so i was just curious if anyone is experincing the same or its just my long long bad luck wave, thats all.

For the moment there are long rows of NRF indeed, but also long rows of claims, I easily get 5-6 claims in a row.
The claims are more grouped now and even more easy to "quess" where they are.
There are also nice multipliers close, mostly after a lot of NRF.
(Mining always without amps and no indoor, amping makes me loose)

Hello all, am i the only one experiencing low tt return in short term in mining?

No, you are not. It's that way since december VU, when they did made another adjustment to hunting returns.
That VU gave hunting better short term returns, but mining/crafting short term returns got worse D:
After their mining/crafting test, they rolled it back to december VU state from what i can tell.

several month for me

I have not mined in months, glad it's the correct choice.

I just had a 300 drops, 1,2k tt run, 60%tt return. Is like the nightmares of 2009 all over again. Man I hope they bring that patch fast.

Ive found it to be quite good recently, nothing big but getting close to the results i expect, still some low hitrate/return runs ofc but that baalnces out over time.

My last full run which consisted in 1000 level 5 drops was without a global, but had 89.53%. Everything is looking fine.

Ive found it to be quite good recently, nothing big but getting close to the results i expect, still some low hitrate/return runs ofc but that baalnces out over time.

They always balance out, that is obvious. Is about how bad it can get as minimum, how much this minimum can last and how often it appears. Then, if is balanced by an extended period of even results or small tt+ or a single big hit.

My last full run which consisted in 1000 level 5 drops was without a global, but had 89.53%. Everything is looking fine.

My last 20k tt logged is at 86.5%, with hofs and globals, which is not fine. Neither you 90% is fine (altho I see some globals and hofs on tracker while you say there were not), except if you're a masochist :laugh:

"Fine" is 95% to 98% tt. Because the average markup is under 110%. Surely there are areas with 115%-120% (for example on RT), but when everybody mined there last 2 weeks, alternative dropped to 112-113%. So suddenly the average MU was lower there too.

Last edited:
My average return from 01.12.2017 is 88.11% (56k cycled, half unapmed), MU from sales is 11,6% which makes me break almost even except that i spent additional 2.5k MU on amps, finders, warps so that are losses.

From my data, the past few months have had normal average TT returns for unamped runs. In fact, the number is a bit higher than normal for the past two months. Of course, one miner's returns may be lower than the "average" return, due to luck or bad technique.

Let's all go unamped, so we'd be sure there is no MU left :yay:

From my data, the past few months have had normal average TT returns for unamped runs

Would you please mention a % which you consider "normal average tt return"?

Another 3.9k logged at 82%tt return. Thank you MindArk for this wonderful game, is really fantastic to continuously lose a shitload of peds waiting for that worthless hof of tt trash which to nail down the loss. Awesome, can't wait to login each day to score another -500 to -1k tt. Also thank you for changing the resources' distribution and droprate such as to make 90% of game surface useless for mining. Great, fantastic :yay:

Last edited:
Let's all go unamped, so we'd be sure there is no MU left :yay:

Would you please mention a % which you consider "normal average tt return"?

Another 3.9k logged at 82%tt return. Thank you MindArk for this wonderful game, is really fantastic to continuously lose a shitload of peds waiting for that worthless hof of tt trash which to nail down the loss. Awesome, can't wait to login each day to score another -500 to -1k tt. Also thank you for changing the resources' distribution and droprate such as to make 90% of game surface useless for mining. Great, fantastic :yay:

giphy.gif

I read your post with this guys voice

Back