Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Yes, since last VU

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • No everything is ok, including last VU

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • It hard to tell

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
From my data, the past few months have had normal average TT returns for unamped runs. In fact, the number is a bit higher than normal for the past two months. Of course, one miner's returns may be lower than the "average" return, due to luck or bad technique.

Must agree on that :)

I just had a 300 drops, 1,2k tt run, 60%tt return. Is like the nightmares of 2009 all over again. Man I hope they bring that patch fast.

was that on foma ?

I just had a 300 drops, 1,2k tt run, 60%tt return. Is like the nightmares of 2009 all over again. Man I hope they bring that patch fast.

Try to cicle the same ped without amps, and not indoor, I'm pretty sure then you get more back.

was that on foma ?

Nope. But it is the same swing planetside as foma, difference is the speed. If you do manage to find a good MU balance, indoors is actually safer lol. (FOMA, no ideea for UG or Hell)

Try to cicle the same ped without amps, and not indoor, I'm pretty sure then you get more back.

I did. Not much of a difference and no actual gain, you'd expect unamped props up the MU more. For me, as I mentioned earlier, the measure is "minimum tt% possible per 200 drops". That is 45% on both unamped and amped, single or dual drop. It can go lower only indoor, in 200 drops you can get ofc even 10%. But if you enlarge the number of drops according to the inherent lower hitrate, to 800, then suddenly indoors has same minimum, 45%. That IS half of the problem. Because planetside this minimum possible, until last year in november, used to be 70%.

The other half of the problem is where the regular return, without globals, stays. Until last year in november, it was 85%. And globals had a frequencey of 1,5 per 800 drops hence rising the average toward 95%. Since january (I had a break nov to january, so no idea on december), this regular return without globals dropped to +-75% and it lasts shitload longer, 1 global per 1,5k drops or so. So the average rises to around 85%. So now you need hofs. Whereas until november you didn't.

But I think I've wrote this already?

I don't mean to sound rude, I do 800 to 1k drops daily planetside, I don't need advices, there are only literally a few people ingame who could advise me on planetside mining. What I am whining here about is that MA did made this change, not what am I supposed to do to deal with it. Other than that, thank you.

Last edited:
From what I unerstand its now just the problem of guys like me with low turnover, personlly I cant cycle 1000+ drops per day not pedwise not timewise, so for me some decent return within 2-3 days of 200-300 drops each day is crucial, whereas guys who cycle 1k drops daily may really feel no difference cause they get their balancing hof every week while i didnt manage to hit it yet, so its just depositing every other day to refill the balanse to keep the turnover. Wise ppl always told me u need really big turnover for mining but just before a month ago i was either lucky all the time and was ok with 2-3k ped even with amped runs or something really changed lately.

close to 25 K ped loss TT-wise now ... over a time of nearly 8 weeks, combined in hunting and mining together.

My mining runs, of usually ~ 20 K ped TT each, was always between 60 and 75 % TT-Return. I mined Caly Planetside, Ark Underground, Ark Planetside, RT Planetside and in Hell.

I can say, i never before have seen it that i drop 40 Level 5/D-Class amps without one single global or Hof. (Planetside)

Due to the mostly fucked up MU´s everywhere its pretty hard to even reach 115 % average MU... so at actual return rate, there is no way to break even at least... if it stays like that, i wont continue mining...

From what I unerstand its now just the problem of guys like me with low turnover, personlly I cant cycle 1000+ drops per day not pedwise not timewise, so for me some decent return within 2-3 days of 200-300 drops each day is crucial, whereas guys who cycle 1k drops daily may really feel no difference cause they get their balancing hof every week while i didnt manage to hit it yet, so its just depositing every other day to refill the balanse to keep the turnover. Wise ppl always told me u need really big turnover for mining but just before a month ago i was either lucky all the time and was ok with 2-3k ped even with amped runs or something really changed lately.

I'm spending around (on caly) 200-500 ped / day, on ark more about 1K+/day but it all depends on return.
There is no such luck when mining, but mine with the brain imo.
When I see a bad return I stop and or change places and that helped me a lot over the years.
My returns are normal and I get my globals/hofs every few day's/weeks and all unamped.
I used amps to try things out and they helped me loose mostly so that's the reason why I dont use them anymore, or very rarely, amps drain your profit or MU if you dont hit a nice multiplier. Most of friends miners (those I know for around 10-15 years) that used amps also, have stopped using them because of the (massive) losses. They started to mine unamped and doing much better now.
Mining unamped has always giving me more TT return (in averages) and I get less TT food ( as some call it) but more resources with a better MU.
While mining and using LBML I see most claims are really grouped and the number of NRF are huge between those groups. Now if you keep trowing on those, yea, you easy loose a lot of peds, cause every amped drop costs a lot more.

I'm spending around (on caly) 200-500 ped / day, on ark more about 1K+/day but it all depends on return.
When I see a bad return I stop and or change places and that helped me a lot over the years.
My returns are normal and I get my globals/hofs every few day's/weeks and all unamped.
I used amps to try things out and they helped me loose mostly so that's the reason why I dont use them anymore, or very rarely, amps drain your profit or MU if you dont hit a nice multiplier. Most of friends miners (those I know for around 10-15 years) that used amps also, have stopped using them because of the (massive) losses. They started to mine unamped and doing much better now.
Mining unamped has always giving me more TT return (in averages) and I get less TT food ( as some call it) but more resources with a better MU.
While mining and using LBML I see most claims are really grouped and the number of NRF are huge between those groups. Now if you keep trowing on those, yea, you easy loose a lot of peds, cause every amped drop costs a lot more.

I agree with u about the groups, claims used to be more randomly and evenly spread, now its like waves, and yes if u hit several bad waves amped that hurts. What i dont agree with u is that amp is "evil" in general, i dont agree, its just an instrument to enlarge ur cycle, and it was ok for me, cause i needed less time to cycle my ped. And speaking of TT shit res, it doesnt matter on RT for exmaple if ur mining alt or even caly if u know where to mine.

In terms of those waves and huge NRF groups - the answer might be that a man needs to make more drops to keep the TT return in order to get into the claims wave and finnaly hit a multiplier inside that group of claims, which also means its a lot harder to hit a multiplier today for someone who spends less time ingame.

So yes i understand that the best way for me is to forget amps and make tons of drops but that makes the whole thing a lot more boring and timecostly, and in the end is there any sense in mining that way (cause profit/hour will be a lot lower) or just return on hunting puny mobs with low turnover but consistant return and still more fun than tons of NRF in a row (and a lot less deposit)? Its again about cost of play which has risen at leat for me personally that i can't afford with my gamestyle that i got used to.

Forgot to ask, what is ur TT return in the long run and lately?

Using amps is a way of mining, nothing wrong with it.

I understand for most it is more boring, but if you keep loosing peds, it isn't much fun anymore neither :(

Perhaps combine them? if you feeling return is lower than usual go unamped and try to recover, then if your pedcard is up again, try amped? There are always less and better times.

I still see it as a game so profit/hours doesn't matter for me as long as I'm having fun.
If you go mining to have money for a living, you better get a job
Fun I'm having when I see my "my item" list getting better.

I was very lucky in 2006 with mining, most is out of the game, just kept some in game and didn't need to depo since.

I'm embarrassed to say that my TT return for this year is at 127,28% for the moment with around 28K ped cycling. But I have been mapping a lot and spend a lot of time finding nice zones. I almost never do indoor mining.

Fak even if i said it before.

So from what i see my mining runs are like this compared to years ago. They really cut the number of globals for me and i lose tt then i get in a period when i get the 300x multiplier, used to drop 2.5/3,5 or 4 ped per click and then to have days when i was getting 3-4 hofs of 1k. So ya its a bit fucked up if u dont have budget thats the only problem (at least for me ;) )

I'm embarrassed to say that my TT return for this year is at 127,28% for the moment with around 28K ped cycling. But I have been mapping a lot and spend a lot of time finding nice zones. I almost never do indoor mining.

but you're still doing crafting every now and then, right?

but you're still doing crafting every now and then, right?

Nope, the only thing I do is mining

I do not hunt neither, cause while mining I avoid mobs.

And its not all about cycling, but also where and how you mine, cause the biggy's you get need to cover the losses when mining is a bit lower. And at least but not last, selling all at a decent mu is important as well, and not at TT nor dumb prices as many do.

People cry cause mu's are bad .... so they loose peds .... but at what price they sell, and mu's are not made by MA, but by miners only.

Last edited:
Nope, the only thing I do is mining

I do not hunt neither, cause while mining I avoid mobs.

hmm, been wondering if MA is paying you the missing peds from past hunting/crafting now on mining.
Something similiar happened to me in november last year, i was on 85% overall return in hunting, mining, crafting combined after 8,5k ped cycled, mostly did crafting/mining and then got to 97% overall return by getting about 200% return in about 800 or so PED cycled on werewolf.
I just hunt those every now and then and i'm very confident i've never been below 100% return on those.

And its not all about cycling, but also where and how you mine, cause the biggy's you get need to cover the losses when mining is a bit lower. And at least but not last, selling all at a decent mu is important as well, and not at TT nor dumb prices as many do.

People cry cause mu's are bad .... so they loose peds .... but at what price they sell, and mu's are not made by MA, but by miners only.

i know ^-^

Good to see you doing ok also :)

I stopped crafting over 1 year now so I dont think its because of that and btw I didn't loose on crafting textures neither.

Try to adapt on every run, even when my return is lower than usual I use another finder and guess what .... it might help, but even after 15 years of mining I'm still learning.

I really hope MA is making changes to mining so return is different, if more loose and stop mining, less resources available MU's goes up, amps will cost more again, ..... its all about economics and how people play but it will balance out in the long run.

BTW I'm mining for the moment, enmatters only (for missions) and HR is 34,72% witch is very high on enm ... with a F-103 ^^

Good to see you doing ok also :)

I stopped crafting over 1 year now so I dont think its because of that and btw I didn't loose on crafting textures neither.

Try to adapt on every run, even when my return is lower than usual I use another finder and guess what .... it might help, but even after 15 years of mining I'm still learning.

I really hope MA is making changes to mining so return is different, if more loose and stop mining, less resources available MU's goes up, amps will cost more again, ..... its all about economics and how people play but it will balance out in the long run.

BTW I'm mining for the moment, enmatters only (for missions) and HR is 34,72% witch is very high on enm ... with a F-103 ^^

i'm not doing ok, now at nearly 77k PED i'm at 90,6% overall return D: guess i'm due for something big :laugh:

As it goes for mining changes, they could increase the returns, ever since december most of my runs are 70-80% return and it doesn't matter if i mine planet-side or in hell D:

I bet you stole my missing returns :laugh:

i'm not doing ok, now at nearly 77k PED i'm at 90,6% overall return D: guess i'm due for something big :laugh:

As it goes for mining changes, they could increase the returns, ever since december most of my runs are 70-80% return and it doesn't matter if i mine planet-side or in hell D:

I bet you stole my missing returns :laugh:

Not a big thing if u get 80% high stakes mining. But if you cycle 70k and still get 80% on planetside than something is wrong with the way you track your returns. It is not possible.

Not a big thing if u get 80% high stakes mining. But if you cycle 70k and still get 80% on planetside than something is wrong with the way you track your returns. It is not possible.

i said the 77k is overall cycled, not exclusively mining ;)
also i said most of my runs are 70-80% return, not that i'm on 70-80 return on mining (~90% return on planet-side mining atm) ;)

Last edited:
Back