Opinion OLA #29 spawns

Om3n

Old
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Blake Om3n Malake
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some opinions before everything gets set in stone. I've recently purchased this LA and it was left to sit and idle, I'm guessing maybe mining. Long term goal( 3~ mo. is a TP and service station.)

There are currently 4 DNA. 3 Longu and one Cornudos.

I'd rather not compete with BIG for small Longu and am not sure the demand for medium/large. My initial thoughts were that there are no max maturity spawns that I'm aware of on Calypso. That said I'm also not convinced everyone would like Cornudos either.

So I'm reaching out to people for their opinions and Try to lean more towards what the community itself feels/wants.

Thanks in advance. :)

Wish someone had a stalker spawn of cornadacauda there is nowhere with a hi maturity. Almost done stage 5 but grinding small ones since large ones don't exist sucks. Popular mob too and stage 5 is stam tokens.

Wish someone had a stalker spawn of cornadacauda there is nowhere with a hi maturity. Almost done stage 5 but grinding small ones since large ones don't exist sucks. Popular mob too and stage 5 is stam tokens.

The ones NW of JC like Mega posted under creatures should do the trick, just is a damn too low spawn.

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some opinions before everything gets set in stone. I've recently purchased this LA and it was left to sit and idle, I'm guessing maybe mining. Long term goal( 3~ mo. is a TP and service station.)

I'd rather not compete with BIG for small Longu and am not sure the demand for medium/large. My initial thoughts were that there are no max maturity spawns that I'm aware of on Calypso. That said I'm also not convinced everyone would like Cornudos either.

So I'm reaching out to people for their opinions and Try to lean more towards what the community itself feels/wants.

Huge spawn of medium and large longu @ Notus TP. So not sure anyone need more longu, caudatergus can be fun for iron.

Last edited:
idk the LA but didnt he say conudos not cornuncada, less popular mob with no mission. I wouldnt hunt any of those 3 mobs myself so i cant be much help im afraid

Hello Everyone,

No offense meant but this research should have been done before acquiring an LA don't u think? Wish you luck with it but my only advice would be to keep it with you till you can acquire a good dna ( new or old) as none of the above will do you any good.

That said I'm also not convinced everyone would like Cornudos either.

If Cornundos happens to be the next mob that gets an iron mission... you're suddenly popular.

As for mining, it might be hard to compete with Marcus Callender. :)
(unlike Shinook Jungle, River doesn't have server-wide spawns, but you still have mineral composition similar to OLA #63 west of you that has 0% tax)

No offense meant but this research should have been done before acquiring an LA don't u think? Wish you luck with it but my only advice would be to keep it with you till you can acquire a good dna ( new or old) as none of the above will do you any good.

If I was unsure about my LA, I would have researched before I purchased. ;) However this was not the question. I asked the community if there would be a preference. I never said I didn't know what do do or anything suggesting I needed research. Just asking because I respect the community I've been a part of for a decade.

Thank you everyone for the input.

Small hiyruu - to do iron mission. Currently no la has it. There is one small spawn for them but they sre big and its a small area

Cornundos drop pixie harness. There is a spawn at megavolt, but no stalkers anywhere.

Longu, loads of young everywhere, some stalkers at ashi.

So: turn everything into stalkers and add aud price (one aud per 10 globals) and I will finish my iron at your land.

The problem ofcourse is the improvement point price.
If Mindark would halve that, there would be a lot more interesting mobs on the landareas.

Last edited:
everything into stalkers and add aud price (one aud per 10 globals) and I will finish my iron at your land.

Afaik there is no iron for them
If your looking at new mobs DNA, try to look for ones that have basically despawned, neconu and hispidus come to mind. Not sure how obtainable the DNA are

Afaik there is no iron for them
If your looking at new mobs DNA, try to look for ones that have basically despawned, neconu and hispidus come to mind. Not sure how obtainable the DNA are

Longu have iron... Neconu is. Still available from shops. I would hunt medium ones as well.

Longu have iron... Neconu is. Still available from shops. I would hunt medium ones as well.

Ah sry I misread and thought you were talking about cornudos

Ah sry I misread and thought you were talking about cornudos

Well since He has those as well... and there is no stalker maturity.. why not max it all.

I love longu. Cornundos not so much. Ting is tho, I'm just so happy with the longu LA SW of Reis that I will most likely stick with that one.

It's pretty common for a good medium density spawn of a common, low level mob to be hard to find. No holes in the matrix are coming to my mind at the moment (I do snables at Argus and cornunducauda at Corinth East - those two are typical of the sort of mob I'd enjoy being easier to find) but I shall revisit this.

[EDIT]: I think the only spawn of snable stalkers is still mixed with something so much bigger as to make it downright inconvenient. Might glance at that.

I'll try to reply to most things instead of a hellish nightmare of multi-quoting. :)

The Hiryuu seem to be hard to find at decent density, let alone any of a larger size. The wiki seems to be sparse on recent information on them as well. I can also not find any information on DNA if it is possible. I have been hunting the Cornudos at max maturity and no genetic drops aside from the skin.

The Cornudos are currently set to max maturity and max spawn, so most are at stalker level.

I've got 2 of the 3 Longu strains set to medium maturity(Guardian to Old Alpha) and minimum spawn to fill up some more of the space(Larger LA)

I seen a Neconu the other day on the AH but it's gone now unfortunately. :( Plus I'd prefer to find at least two to activate than have multiple mobs. I think it would be discouraging to hunters.

Longu would be easy. Thing is there is at least one other Longu LA for irons. I don't want to be in direct compatition as it takes away from the game/world than add to it. Is why I went medium maturity with two instead of a full low maturity Longu LA. I'd rather the area be a benefit to the game than taking away from it.

The biggest thing seems to be MA's reluctance to do anything decent with the DNA to better support LA owners.

Thanks everyone for all the input so far. It's quite a bit of food for thought.

First of all...Gz for the new LA :cool: .....managing it is quite a challenge ....

Hard to tell which dna would be right ...since you said you have 3 longu dna+1 cornundus.... getting one out would destroy it...

my suggestion would be like ..only getting 1 longu dna out and put 1 in... (to have 2 longu at almost 0,1cornundo for later use)

putting in 1 like Merp (easier avail than others) and ppl love them , put them also to big mat (old-alpha etc for the bronze mission...)

neconu might be also considerable (at low mat) bec 1 other land did get rid of his own neconu spawn..so i dont know a la atm which has some at low maturity

only other easy avail dna i know of would be exarosaur (not reccomended) and argo dna (also no good idea since some la´s have it)

light -off-topic....you can also consider a little mining "event" or such....if you have low mat+low amount of mobs in the la in meantime...

Good luck,
Eddie

First of all...Gz for the new LA :cool: .....managing it is quite a challenge ....

Hard to tell which dna would be right ...since you said you have 3 longu dna+1 cornundus.... getting one out would destroy it...

my suggestion would be like ..only getting 1 longu dna out and put 1 in... (to have 2 longu at almost 0,1cornundo for later use)

putting in 1 like Merp (easier avail than others) and ppl love them , put them also to big mat (old-alpha etc for the bronze mission...)

neconu might be also considerable (at low mat) bec 1 other land did get rid of his own neconu spawn..so i dont know a la atm which has some at low maturity

only other easy avail dna i know of would be exarosaur (not reccomended) and argo dna (also no good idea since some la´s have it)

light -off-topic....you can also consider a little mining "event" or such....if you have low mat+low amount of mobs in the la in meantime...

Good luck,
Eddie

Thanks for the gratz and thanks for the input. :)

There are spots for 2 more DNA. 6 total.

I never realized the Neconu LA was gone tbh.. Worth looking into. Wishing I had grabbed that DNA now :D I think there is at least one Merp as well unfortunately.

I'm planning mining events in the long run. Currently while I wait on a rename to register globals, hunting events are the way to go. Have a few in queue over the next couple weeks. The mods are higher mat approx lvl 20 ish, but they're low aggro impact. It's pretty easy to get around. I've mined a few thousand PED worth rather easily trying to take EM/Ore inventory on the land.

Thanks again. :)

go browsing through all the shops.. I did so a month ago when I was thinking of getting me another landarea.. I found at least three neconu DNA.

The landarea people are referring to was my landarea, I sold it and the new owner decided to remove all the neconu.
There is one landarea left with neconu and that is tetania's by the sea. But you really have to run a lot to get them and that not fun to finish an iron mission.

Just wish full thinking,but if someone somehow will manage to make Hispiduss LA :wtg:

go browsing through all the shops.. I did so a month ago when I was thinking of getting me another landarea.. I found at least three neconu DNA.

The landarea people are referring to was my landarea, I sold it and the new owner decided to remove all the neconu.
There is one landarea left with neconu and that is tetania's by the sea. But you really have to run a lot to get them and that not fun to finish an iron mission.

I haven't seen any so far in PA or TP. Do you recall which malls by chance?

Just wish full thinking,but if someone somehow will manage to make Hispiduss LA :wtg:

I haven't seen any form of DNA from them ever and aren't in the list of DNA mobs unfortunately.

there is another mall at new oxford I believe and there is a mall on an LA that I cant think of at the moment. I believe it is west of new oxford. and the deer park mall maybe?? the one with the giant deer head on it lol.

sorry I cant be more help at the moment I am at work. but there are 2 other malls besides twin and PA. I'm sure someone ingame can link them.

There was some DNA in the PA shop owned by Michael Corleone. He is asking about 3x the value of each of his DNAs, but if you're willing to pay that much I'd PM him ingame.
Kick around auctions regularly and you'll see some DNA pop up every now and again.

The ones NW of JC like Mega posted under creatures should do the trick, just is a damn too low spawn.

Yea I don't see that in the creature forum. Still looking.... Got a daily for them today and still 12k pts left so I still wish there was a stalker spawn :)

I wouldn't mind a dense Tantillion spawn too for skilling. That would be great to skill some evade and agility.

Longu are everywhere, from small gen / low and dense spawns, to medium / dense big gen spawns. Not to many Cornudos spawns, especially big gen 1's, despite their lack of mission, you could see many ppl hunting the Stalkers on your LA.

Here's a few mob & their locations I've found over the last 6 months or so. It might help you in your decision on DNA to spawn. Good luck to ppl hunting them and GL with your AOL29

AOL 66 3 Mob Spawns:

Neconu: Young - Old, Very large, dense spawn, 38848/42153

Caudatergus: Alpha - Stalker, Very Large, dense spawn as well, fly around the LA, you will find them

Formidon: Old - Guardian, also dense spawn near the Neconu, look around, you'll find them

Other Spawns

Formidon: OA - Stalker, Very dense spawn @ Greenthorn LA, 309/318, very low tax, 2% - 3% I believe

Tantillon: Go crazy on these rabid argo'ing mutant crabs, very, very dense spawn 388 / 415

Want Fungoid? medium to dense spawn @ 36677 / 39155 fly around area to see the spread of them

These spawns have been there for months now. Have to explore the Universe periodically to see the changes and spawns MA has made.

2 Hispidus spawns exist already, 1 low spawn of young - mature OLA 36 and 1 medium spawn of young to Alpha in Contaminated zone

There is a Mission for Hispidus but no medium to dense, big gen spawns, that would be nice.

Longu are everywhere, from small gen / low and dense spawns, to medium / dense big gen spawns. Not to many Cornudos spawns, especially big gen 1's, despite their lack of mission, you could see many ppl hunting the Stalkers on your LA.

Here's a few mob & their locations I've found over the last 6 months or so. It might help you in your decision on DNA to spawn. Good luck to ppl hunting them and GL with your AOL29

AOL 66 3 Mob Spawns:

Neconu: Young - Old, Very large, dense spawn, 38848/42153

Caudatergus: Alpha - Stalker, Very Large, dense spawn as well, fly around the LA, you will find them

Formidon: Old - Guardian, also dense spawn near the Neconu, look around, you'll find them

Other Spawns

Formidon: OA - Stalker, Very dense spawn @ Greenthorn LA, 309/318, very low tax, 2% - 3% I believe

Tantillon: Go crazy on these rabid argo'ing mutant crabs, very, very dense spawn 388 / 415

Want Fungoid? medium to dense spawn @ 36677 / 39155 fly around area to see the spread of them

These spawns have been there for months now. Have to explore the Universe periodically to see the changes and spawns MA has made.

2 Hispidus spawns exist already, 1 low spawn of young - mature OLA 36 and 1 medium spawn of young to Alpha in Contaminated zone

There is a Mission for Hispidus but no medium to dense, big gen spawns, that would be nice.

Thanks a lot for the post and the congrats. :) I appreciate the input.

I think the decision we are going to take will be allow all but the Conrudos to die out. There are no large spawns that I'm aware of and DNA doesn't exist(?). This way it can still have a specialty spawn and still allow for mining which seems to have a generous amount of resources.

Maybe one day there is a challenge for them, but in the meantime they seem to pay out well in items, and add a little variety. :)

I did a run there yesterday. The mix of Longu and Cornudos was pretty good considering their low aggressiveness. Unless your a noob / beginner minor, there should be no problem mining there for most ppl, given the danger lvl of those mob. The occasional Neconu was ok too. Unless the cost to keep the spawns as they are is unmanageable, I'd keep it like it is. There was always a mob to kill. Maybe increase the density of the Cornudos? It seemed there were more Longu than Corns, just looked that way to me. The Corm's did loot pretty good too.

Back