Mayhem Exploits - What Should MA Do?

What Should MA Do?

• Total voters

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
The whistle has been blown. Both Mayhem Cats, Offense and Defense are susceptible to major exploitation. This poll will not go into how the cheating takes place, you need only browse a minute or two elsewhere to find that information.

This is a poll created and voted on by the community in regards to what action we think MA should take. Hopefully someone at MA reads this post and is able to glean useful feedback they can act on.

As I see it, there are really only 3 options. Listed below:

<information detailing exploit removed>

Look, I love this game. I'm not even that upset with MA that there are exploits being used currently. What I mean by that statement is that I'm more upset at the players who are exploiting, and not MindArk. MA didn't intentionally put the exploits in their event, someone discovered them.

As of last night I was #1 in CAT 6 Defense, and I recognize that my score will be removed if MA implements option #1. I'm okay with that. I can compete again. I achieved my time in an honest manner and that's what matters, I'm not afraid that I can't get a similar score after bug fixes -- I know I can.

People fuck up. Programmers fuck up. What's important is how those fuck ups are handled. I'm more concerned with what MA is going to do now that they are made aware of these exploits this early into the event. If MA handles the situation with professionalism acknowledging the mistake and lets us know what their plan of action is -- kudos to them. I will hold no grudge for the time lost or reset of the scoreboard. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they released the event in what they thought was working order. They tested the event beforehand and discovered no such issues. They tried their best. At least, that's what I'd like to believe -- they're trying their hardest.

What are your thoughts? What do you think should be the outcome of the event?

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like to see the event paused until its fixed and all who abused it for an advantage disqualified and banned

Event has only just started, pause event, reset all scores and start fresh.

Incentivize reporting of exploits (rewards for reporting, substantial if very important).

Disincentivize exploiting (Bans and suspensions, fines)

Incentivize reporting of exploits (rewards for reporting, substantial if very important).

Agreed. MA should give the guy who blew the whistle 100 Easter Mayhem Boxes or something. We need more people announcing when there are exploits. We're playing for real $!! :D

Stop, reset the score and reward Maiden as they did with 101 bids auction exploit.

Stop event, throw a symbolic compensation based on time recorded and category, do not resume. Do next event better.

Reason: quick fixes are ugly fixes, ask any coder.

Stop event obviously!
But there is nobody in HQ who can do it, support cases will be handled only Tuesday because thats first working day.

Mac's two rules of technology:

1. It always works, except when it doesn't.

2. When in doubt, reboot.

Shall I post a totally legal, non-abusive tip on how to improve points even more without any exploit ? :D:D:D

but not atm... still testing :) maybe later.

Have fun (I still have some *** to suck from those I pissed)

If they can identify the people who used this to get an unfair advantage and we can trust MA that this is handled in a fair matter for the players competing following the rules, then...only then i can support this decision.

Is simple: they will check logs for 1st 10 players in each category. If they find anything off... poff :) (except if player is one of the chosen ones .... )

Is simple: they will check logs for 1st 10 players in each category. If they find anything off... poff :) (except if player is one of the chosen ones .... )

And that is a problem. The ones who exploited it till now can stop, dont be in the top 10 and move on like they never did anything wrong. MA should finally start to ban ppl or do anything that harms them.
Give them an icon, so everyone can see that they exploited and give them a negative buff on all known buffs (-10%, -20% what ever suits best compared to potential advantage taken.), if you can´t use the ban hammer.

I am in cat 08. Have done one try in the defense mode, saw my time and knowing that there are potential to improve it. Had a good feeling about it.
Now I saw you thread and that even there are ways to exploit. Motivation down. All as usual.

They could go through and add the instance time up for each avatar who participated and anyone who goes over 20hrs gets disqualified from the event. If your instance times were under 20hrs then it wont matter.
The instance timers were still running even though the event progress timer was not.

It would be nice if they reviewed now and remove exploit scores so people aren't possibly chasing scores that won't stand.

I said let it go on and the exploits run wild because i'm a sarcastic A-hole and I have zero faith that MA will make it right, compensate for losses, or that they even gave things to people that reported it. OR that winners will be properly vetted.
Sorry but it's their fault I got this way.

Id like to see the event paused until its fixed and all who abused it for an advantage disqualified and banned

I agree with this completely..

Problem is that it might require many man hours for MA to look into all that used this and they might not get it completely right.. Look what they did for all of those that exploited the last time with multiple accounts and pill stacking.. No bannings whatsoever and prizes still handed out. Completely unreal.

So i just say full reboot is required.

Also how the hell do MA not have at least one exploit testing employee that just goes hard on trying to break what they make. They could pay some of the really good players in this game to do it for them and it probably wouldn't cost them all that much.

After reading MA's recent notice about monitoring for exploit use i am hopeful that they are able to resolve this issue and BANHAMMER those that use exploit that are against the fair rules of the competition. Big + from me to MA if they can get these events to where it becomes level playing field for all.

Last edited:
And that is a problem. The ones who exploited it till now can stop, dont be in the top 10 and move on like they never did anything wrong. MA should finally start to ban ppl or do anything that harms them.
Give them an icon, so everyone can see that they exploited and give them a negative buff on all known buffs (-10%, -20% what ever suits best compared to potential advantage taken.), if you can´t use the ban hammer.

I am in cat 08. Have done one try in the defense mode, saw my time and knowing that there are potential to improve it. Had a good feeling about it.
Now I saw you thread and that even there are ways to exploit. Motivation down. All as usual.

Can we get the pirates some special icons too? Or eyepatches? Dirty thieving pirates...

This sums it up well..

Also thanks to MsPudding for well put together thread!

1 more thing should be added : MA SHOULD NOT FUKING DELETE POSTS THAT INFORM COMMUNITY !
But I suppose my post about the exploits was useless and since already a lot of ppl know about it why should anyone else know ? .... right.... ffs. FUKING COMMUNISTS !

1 more thing should be added : MA SHOULD NOT FUKING DELETE POSTS THAT INFORM COMMUNITY !
But I suppose my post about the exploits was useless and since already a lot of ppl know about it why should anyone else know ? .... right.... ffs. FUKING COMMUNISTS !

They already said they will take care of the exploiters at least top 10 in all categories. Since it's "easily" checked on their logs. Obviously they'd delete the post because they don't wanna lose money?

If the main playerbase knew of it they'd have to stop event. Do you want that to happen?

I have not even participated in this event yet, tried a little defense without fap so i died after 18 minutes, thats all so far.

With that said im very surprised how people ALWAYS want to ban "exploiters" instead of asking MA to give us a working product.
Easy fix for events like this would be to let EVERYONE test the system for a few weeks before the event starts, then MA would get the chance to fix potetial exploits in the system and a much more fair event would be the outcome from it.

They already said they will take care of the exploiters at least top 10 in all categories. Since it's "easily" checked on their logs. Obviously they'd delete the post because they don't wanna lose money?

If the main playerbase knew of it they'd have to stop event. Do you want that to happen?

nah , ofc not, I just want all that didn't read the censored thread to reproduce the exploit without knowing they exploit and win the event without be banned SINCE THEY DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS AN EXPLOIT, same as last event happened.

Last edited:
I have not even participated in this event yet, tried a little defense without fap so i died after 18 minutes, thats all so far.

With that said im very surprised how people ALWAYS want to ban "exploiters" instead of asking MA to give us a working product.
Easy fix for events like this would be to let EVERYONE test the system for a few weeks before the event starts, then MA would get the chance to fix potetial exploits in the system and a much more fair event would be the outcome from it.

No product can be perfect indeed. No problem we find bugs on release AS LONG AS WE DO NOT FUKIN EXPLOIT IT and we just report them and they fix it.

Last edited:

nah , ofc not, I just want all that didn't read the censored thread to reproduce the exploit without knowing they exploit and win the event without be banned SINCE THEY DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS AN EXPLOIT, same as last event happened.
My bad I even started. Fuck this.... too many idiots.

No product can be perfect indeed. No problem we find bugs on release AS LONG AS WE DO NOT FUKIN EXPLOIT IT and we just report them and they fix it.

PS: e-lite ban me again, I made some ppl idiots which is harass :) and yea MA you can ban me too. I don't give a shit anymore.

While i overall agree with you on things, I would take a little time out and go chill in real life. You have done your job by informing all of us. Bad mouthing serves no purpose and nor will getting banned from forum or EU.

Wars were not won by giving up but with letting people unite behind you and for that restrain in words will work in your favor ( I have had my moments as well and not something i am proud of).

My :twocents:

Not obvious at all. MA lose way more money from people losing trust in the system. This is not the 19th century anymore where you can spray gold on copper and sell as gold. Since time immemorial two fundamental things have worked on human beings, reward and punishment.

A good way to handle this would be

a. Acknowledge the issue . Check ( They have already done this)
b. Reward the people involved in bringing it to limelight so that we don't have pissed off people later on who quit the game cause of unjust and unfair events. To be done
c. Punish those who have used the method so that it sets as an example for future events which will eventually reduce the effort they will need to spend in monitoring events and issues as people will be less likely to even attempt exposure due to ban hammer. To be done

If you can find me one game/one software in the world which cannot be exploited then perhaps your point can be justified. The reality is very different though. If your "easy fix" is implemented we will have 1 event per year cause the rest of the 9 months will go away in checking and rechecking of all parameters of the event. So in software terms, if the item/software is used beyond the intended usage of the item then the user is held accountable for misuse of it and the first thing that is done is access to the item/software/program is removed from the user.

I'm not talking about a perfect product but when people find ways to exploit the event system during the first hour one can ask if there has been any testing done at all, when it comes to punishments im pretty sure that disqualification from the event would be enough.

Not obvious at all. MA lose way more money from people losing trust in the system. This is not the 19th century anymore where you can spray gold on copper and sell as gold. Since time immemorial two fundamental things have worked on human beings, reward and punishment.

A good way to handle this would be

a. Acknowledge the issue . Check ( They have already done this)
b. Reward the people involved in bringing it to limelight so that we don't have pissed off people later on who quit the game cause of unjust and unfair events. To be done
c. Punish those who have used the method so that it sets as an example for future events which will eventually reduce the effort they will need to spend in monitoring events and issues as people will be less likely to even attempt exposure due to ban hammer. To be done

If you can find me one game/one software in the world which cannot be exploited then perhaps your point can be justified. The reality is very different though. If your "easy fix" is implemented we will have 1 event per year cause the rest of the 9 months will go away in checking and rechecking of all parameters of the event. So in software terms, if the item/software is used beyond the intended usage of the item then the user is held accountable for misuse of it and the first thing that is done is access to the item/software/program is removed from the user.

I'm not talking about a perfect product but when people find ways to exploit the event system during the first hour one can ask if there has been any testing done at all, when it comes to punishments im pretty sure that disqualification from the event would be enough.

Right... .farm 1k boxes for free sell em and get disqualified.... why would anyone ban you for that ?
I will respect what divinity said and I won't swear more.... Perhaps I will try just ignore posts with no sence at all.

Shall I post more "things" that weren't posted so far and I saw or I shall shut-up ?

Last edited:

I don't disagree with your observation and your call for general testing by players before events, especially as everyone gets to test it at the same time and subject to the same rules. My opposition was more centered towards the reward/punishment part of the discussion which you had opposed ( temp ban being one of them).

Disqualification from the event is not a deterrent for the future and that is just my opinion. We can both agree to disagree on that. :)

Back