Easter Mayhem Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Several reports of potential exploits in the Easter Mayhem event have been received. Rewards will be given to the participants who first alerted our support team to these issues.

The reported potential exploits are very easily spotted in our server logs.

We would like to assure all event participants that all of the top 10 finishers in each of the event categories and divisions will be thoroughly reviewed to ensure that no unfair advantage was gained through the use of exploits or abuse of game mechanics.

As stated on the Easter Mayhem event page:

Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Originally Posted Here

Whistleblowers FTW! Thanks Maiden! Great news for Mayhem. Hopefully MA are fed up of this repeating itself in EVERY damn event!

Yeah good work finding that "bug", you should be hired as test staff for Mindark :)

A quick response, very welcome.

A quick response, very welcome.

If you think that on merry mayhem event weren't reports about the pills buff stack you're wrong. This time was all made public from 1st day so they had to act, that's all.

Good that they reacted fast, good call with their answers but this is not only about top 10 but in general about tokens and Easter boxes. And with or without reports, unusual high rate of relogging within instances or unusual high number of mobs persistent should trigger default flags. But again props for fast reacting.

Good that they reacted fast, good call with their answers but this is not only about top 10 but in general about tokens and Easter boxes. And with or without reports, unusual high rate of relogging within instances or unusual high number of mobs persistent should trigger default flags. But again props for fast reacting.

(bolding mine - //H.)

I've observed unusually high rate of 'out of RAM' crashes on a machine that's above official sysreq for Medium but runs Low (mostly). Either new memory leaks have been introduced, or old ones are back with a vengeance.

this should be a violation of the ToU and users should be banned

I will be happy with this response.. I think temp bans are in order to keep this type of thing from being a continual problem.

If you think that on merry mayhem event weren't reports about the pills buff stack you're wrong. This time was all made public from 1st day so they had to act, that's all.

You forced their hand to make a public statement that took quite some time (2 minues?)
Expect your reward to be modified TT return from 80% to 40%! :cool:

Good job tho, I hope you get smth nice.
Long time ago a guy got an Angel harness (M) for reporting a bug, I hope Maiden gets somethning not L, nor pills, clothing or furniture :D

Good job! I haven't posted much lately, but I wanted to say GOOD JOB! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I hope they punish the cheating losers severely. Publish names too. We have a right to know who the unlikable slimy douches are.

Edit: oh yeah...and to MA: bring back all the RT loot you removed that ruined half my RT BP collection because you were mad at ND about releasing his Crypto first. Thanks!

Thx maiden good job :wtg:
Good that MA do react we se what the outcome will be in the end :wise:

Please also start banning people 1-2-3-4 weeks if they get disqualify its not enough.

Banned from all mayhem events perhaps so they cant gain from boxes/some other bug for some period as well. Saw someone selling large number of boxes with clear abuse in EL showing cat 10 globals within seconds.

Thanks for doing the right thing, But I will have to admit that your lack of action on exploits over the years has led to this sub culture within the game. Not to mention, It just seems like a matter of time for them to find a bug in this system. It needs to be dealt with and publicly, so people can choose to avoid those who abuse the system.

This only works with consistent enforcement....not just when people get loud enough.

Awesome, glad to see some action being taken. Definitely necessary if MA wants these big events to stay popular.

Saw someone selling large number of boxes with clear abuse in EL showing cat 10 globals within seconds.

Ohhh this will be fun... I will post a list of shady trackers somewhere...just started going thru them...apparently the first guy i looked at can kill Gen 10's in 4 seconds!

Eh maybe that was a glitch...it is the only one I see in his tracker under 10 seconds...but there are lots of 13 second or 15 second ones which is probably how fast he can kill with his huge guns.

But if anyone finds avatars that clearly did this, let me know I will compile a list and publish it everywhere!

You will have to tell me in rep though or in game because my mailbox here is full and I don't feel like deleting stuff right now.

Last edited:
I will place this little morsel of faith in MA that they will actually deliver on this statement.

*nudges small faith morsel into the pot*

Here's hoping.

You forced their hand to make a public statement that took quite some time (2 minues?)
Expect your reward to be modified TT return from 80% to 40%! :cool:

Good job tho, I hope you get smth nice.
Long time ago a guy got an Angel harness (M) for reporting a bug, I hope Maiden gets somethning not L, nor pills, clothing or furniture :D

Well I wasn't the 1st to report (I think, I was late in event and took me like 2h to find those bugs from mistake...) so no reward for me :))) but the 40% loot I am pretty sure I am on it :p:p:p
NOT TO MENTION THEY ALREADY DELETED THE POST I MADE ABOUT THE EXPLOITS :)))

Last edited:
Well I wasn't the 1st to report (I think, I was late in event and took me like 2h to find those bugs from mistake...) so no reward for me :))) but the 40% loot I am pretty sure I am on it :p:p:p
NOT TO MENTION THEY ALREADY DELETED THE POST I MADE ABOUT THE EXPLOITS :)))

Irrespective of who made the support case first, it was you who had the balls to put it on the forum ( which MA narcisistically has chosen to remove from existence ) and for that I would say MA owe you a gift undoubtedly.

Hell, if MA do not give you a gift do contact me and i'll give you 1000 peds for the effort.

Cheers,

Divinity

Good job

Thanks for reporting and making Public. Appreciated!

Buck.

I would like to know what mindark will do against people that will abandon and restart event becoz they used exploit or becoz they are unhappy of there score, and also how Mindark will do to verify if someone abandonned and restarted becoz he have been victim of timer bug or of he do it to abuse system? I wont play in event until then

I would like to know what mindark will do against people that will abandon and restart event becoz they used exploit or becoz they are unhappy of there score, and also how Mindark will do to verify if someone abandonned and restarted becoz he have been victim of timer bug or of he do it to abuse system? I wont play in event until then

Please clarify: Are you saying that you think people who abandon the mission and restart because they're not happy with their score so far are exploiters?

Please clarify: Are you saying that you think people who abandon the mission and restart because they're not happy with their score so far are exploiters?

I think she refer on starting event for 1 h see if hit a 5k bonus if not abandon and restart till they hit the bonus. That means they will start with 5k ahead in 1st h compared with others that prolly with top dps have 200 :)

Thing is, there's been rules for every event in the past, exploiters will be penalised etc.

Thing is, they've never done anything about it in the past, so a post from Bertha again, stating rules does not fill me with optimism.

When the exploiters get banned, that's when I'll be happy, till then it's all hot air, heard it all before.

Last edited:
Please also start banning people 1-2-3-4 weeks if they get disqualify its not enough.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Has to be felt way more than this if you want to get rid of the problem, MA. I'd even consider monetary sanctions and/or a system for permanent account ban for repeated (say two-three) cheating/exploit attempts.

I don't know how your reasoning has been in the past, like you'd rather not lose a super active player (which the exploiters are, logically), but on the other hand, cheaters like this is what gets a lot of other players lose confidence and stop playing instead. This is a huge bottleneck for this game's further development atm.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Has to be felt way more than this if you want to get rid of the problem, MA. I'd even consider monetary sanctions and/or a system for permanent account ban for repeated (say two-three) cheating/exploit attempts.

I don't know how your reasoning has been in the past, like you'd rather not lose a super active player (which the exploiters are, logically), but on the other hand, cheaters like this is what gets a lot of other players lose confidence and stop playing instead. This is a huge bottleneck for this game's further development atm.

the biggest bottleneck for the development of this game is MA itself.

The reported potential exploits are very easily spotted in our server logs.
[/url]

Thank you for the hot air. You are so full of shit it's not even funny.

There are exploits, which we wount fix, but will make sure "right" people win and everyone else was probably exploiting.

Same thing happened with Christmas event, right, right? Fuck you.

Back