Do looting professions affect loot returns?

Yes. My personal assumption is that it might be aimed at +-1.5% from a balance point somewhere, which MA will shift/nerf as more people get skilled.
As for proof, it may not be that every loot event carries the percentage. It could be a set of IF/THEN channels incorporating multis or extra shrap or whatever.

But if the percentage is on every loot I'd expect the curve to look slightly shifted, even if multis mess up absolute loot totals comparisons. Without noting every loot for a speadsheet the only way I see might show a diff after a few k mobs or so is noting down all multis and excluding them to see how close the 'crap loot' figure is to about 50% or so...
Does anybody track that already 'for fun' (cough) ;)?

1.5% at what level? Is level 30 looter 1.5% better than lvl 0? Then what about level 50? is that 1.5% better than 30? Then what about level 100? Is that 3% better than 50?

If looter keeps getting better as you level then level 50 should be much better than 30 which in hand should be better than 0. Not to mention if someone keeps going 100 looter should be far better than 50 as it's a massive difference in skill.

So how can you quantify 1.5% to the loot profession? There will be a massive difference in looter level between avatars and it has to function much different than some small % between lvl 0 - 100. I can't imagine it's a sliding scale in % and no other variables to increase loot are involved.

Other wise what % increase is level 100 looter? It doesn't make sense this way. Not to mention when Avatars get beyond 100 lvl. What would 200 lvl looter be? Maybe we are printing ped at that point and just farming mobs like it's our job.

Well that would draw a crowd to Twitchtv then I can see the streams now Lvl 200 looter farming Prots. Maybe MA planned it that way since we are the best marketing. I wouldn't mind if they went that route. Would remind me of Full Magic find gear setup and farming in Diablo. Guess I need to get there and find out. :D

Last edited:
1.5% at what level? Is level 30 looter 1.5% better than lvl 0? Then what about level 50? is that 1.5% better than 30? Then what about level 100? Is that 3% better than 50?

If looter keeps getting better as you level then level 50 should be much better than 30 which in hand should be better than 0. Not to mention if someone keeps going 100 looter should be far better than 50 as it's a massive difference in skill.

So how can you quantify 1.5% to the loot profession? There will be a massive difference in looter level between avatars and it has to function much different than some small % between lvl 0 and lvl 100. I can't imagine it's a sliding scale in % and other variables to increase loot are involved. Other wise what % increase is level 100 looter? It doesn't make sense this way. Not to mention when Avatars get beyond 100 lvl. What would 200 lvl looter be? Maybe we are printing ped at that point and just farming mobs like it's our job.

Well that would draw a crowd to Twitchtv then I can see the streams now Lvl 200 looter farming Prots. Wouldn't mind if they went that route. Guess I need to get there and find out.

i guess she ment it like this:

a mob has a specific level. at some point (e.g. twice its level) your impact from e.g. evader profession is maxed. same could apply here. twice the looter prof level than mob level = maximum impact. now lets say 2% is the maximum difference between level 0 looter prof and twice mob level looter prof then the level 0 should get 2% less tt return than the one who is twice the mob level, aka maxed.

The study can be done, but it will require collaboration between different avatars with different looter levels, using the same gear setup...

I can set up the experiment if other people provide legs for running the testing and gathering data if people are interested.

im always open to knowing more about EU so I know I would be a volunteer for an experiment. I can only speak for me though. It would also help on my part to do so when I actually have the ped to make a good hunting run. I don't really know much about the details Me Really has written about tbh but I have no problem in making EU more tailored to each player..including me..:yay::yay:

Hi, what I meant was that there is maybe a maximum spread of 3% or so in total, 1.5% each side of a VERY long-term 95% tt return or so (which includes getting a 10k x multi once in 500k mobs or whatever that boosts your average by 2% from 93%). I don't know where the balance lvl would be set by MA right now. It seems to be that even highly skilled avatars have been starting in the lvl 30s or so and have unlocked the second skills per mob type from old skills alone. I imagine that they will quickly get into the lvl 40s then slow down a bit.

MA may thus for now have the balance point at lvl 20, say, but will slowly move the point up to keep the same revenues. We are right at the beginning of having any possible stats about this, so we obviously cannot really even begin to think about whether the formula results in linear gains or S-shaped, or anything else.

What I meant on noticing changes to performance is based on throwing away the multis and looking at the averages of the rest. They should creep up slowly over time in a similar way to a bp getting better returns as successes grow and fails reduce as qr rises.

In terms of a test, I don't know if a lvl 10 looter can kill argo youngs for an average of 1.05 peds, for example, but a higher skilled player can probably find a way to tune their average costs to the same through weapon choice or slightly slower killing to allow similar regen etc (which is considered in loot).

Yes, there might be a maxing like the effects of evade. If linear, it may be that the balance is at lvl 20 for now. A level 10 will get .75% less loot, a level 30 will get .75% more than current averages. Lvl 40 and above are maxed at 1.5% more.

As I see it, the cleanest results with the most mobs included is all standard non-multis. There is a variance on each run, yes, but data points of totals of as few as 50 per cloud point will result in interesting datasets in my opinion. Give me 200 points each from noober to uber players (10k kills each, plus maybe 200 discarded multis) and I reckon I could detect a shifting of the clouds... but costs to kill would have to be monitored closely by each player too! To try and see a resolution of a few percent you need pretty accurate kill cost monitoring...

edit: of course I'm open to figures of 2% either side as well as also suggested, or 2.5%. This may mean that players with high turnover and maxed loot quantity effects are getting 97.5% back as opposed to more pedestrian players on their 95% averages. I have no idea about what mus players with high turnovers expect under loot 2.0 quality factors, by the way...

Last edited:
Two completely new avatars with no loot history.

1 with no skill
2 with level 50 looter

Compare results and find the variance of +/- few%. Test had no results...

Hence, the whole loot profession is just a way to turn your deposit into worthless TT skill that nobody can prove otherwise. It could be just visual and you could never prove otherwise.

You do understand that MA can't just steal everything, there are laws against it, but they can steal little by little ;)

There is something new every year so you would throw your $ at them. You never get anything for throwing that money at them, but you will never learn. They see you will never learn, so they can sell whatever shit they can think of and you will still buy it. Buy it, complain about it, buy again next year.

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag.

Back