Suggestion: Open lower categories ignoring all event interactions

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Hello,

I'm a member of the "my level doesn't match my pedcard" club. I would love to hunt in lower level categories ignoring all event interactions (no point rewards, cannot qualify, no time consumption, etc..).

I think it would be good for the game if you opened access to lower level categories in leisure mode.

Thank you.

It should have worked that way from the get-go. I for one can't/won't participate in the event because it puts me in a category above my ped card.
I reckon they lose quite a bit of revenue from this...

Same here,

I dont have the ped card for my level and it stops me from even entering the mayhem any more :(

I think it would be good for the game if you opened access to lower level categories in leisure mode.

There is a "practice mode" mission at the bottom of list. Limit there is, if I recall it right, 25 dmg/sec weapon.
(I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works.)

There is a "practice mode" mission at the bottom of list. Limit there is, if I recall it right, 25 dmg/sec weapon.
(I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works.)

I have tried that, basically puny mobs doable with TT guns. I lasted about 5 minutes there, the most boring thing ever.

As far as I can tell MA is losing on quite a chunk of revenue by not implementing this :)

I like the idea and it should very easy to implement too.

Let everyone grind everywhere, in any category they like to without getting event points.

Event points should be acquired only if you grind in the assigned cat according to event rules, rest of categories should be open to grind with only regular event loot but no points.

I like the idea and it should very easy to implement too.

Let everyone grind everywhere, in any category they like to without getting event points.

Event points should be acquired only if you grind in the assigned cat according to event rules, rest of categories should be open to grind with only regular event loot but no points.

Yes, this is the idea. I think it makes sense, hopefully implemented for next event :)

This or a separate FFA also not with points etc. Deffinitely.

I could not agree more, I’d like to farm boxes where it does not take 5+ ped to kill a mob.

Unless MA came out and can confirm that drop rate of boxes/tokens are higher in the higher cats. However my buddy and I farmed boxes the other day for a few hours and the amount that he was able to gather was significant more in the same amount of time.

I understand putting the boxes into loot, however in doing so I’d love to an equal amount of boxes being dropped vs ped being cycled.

Cheap boxes is bad for the game...

Well yeh i bet everyone would love to farm boxes non stop off low level mobs, but limiting the ability to do that to newer players (those eligeble for the cat gives them an oppurtunity to grind mu (not many of those at low level), helps the people pushing in their cats to offset some costs and many other benefits. If you dont have the gear or bankroll to hunt in your cat it sucks for you but its no different than your inability to hunt any other mu mob ingame due to bankroll/gear/level issues (should MA add a lvl 10 warlock spawn with same loot table so you can grind that without having to pay for fapper/gear?) . You can still farm boxes in defense and stuff, first few waves arent hard at all.

The very meaning of competition is you throwing in "whatever it takes" to beat everyone else. A portion of luck, but the lion share of it is having a ped card which can handle that. If it bottoms out half way, all the effort was wasted. Hence I don't currently compete and it doesn't bother me one bit. If it would, the way to go would be to find the funds rather than moan about the setup. People should seriously learn how to reflect on their own goals and reign in their motivations. (That said, I'm not entirely sure if OP wasn't satirical?)

If on the other hand this leads to not enough people actually competing so that the whole operation is a loss for the company or even hurt their reputation, then that's an issue. I thought FFA with the stars collecting for everybody was a nice idea. What happened to it?

Entropia always was and for me it always will stay a game were you play at your pace. Over the years that unique feature i love the most about Eu got a bit hollow since its clearly shifting towards a bigger skill = better eco setting were you forced to grind up or end up paying for everyone else who did. For me the beauty of EU is that it didn't matter much what skill you had and what mob you grinded every person counts as an individual and everyone contribute to the expirience with his presence, therefore id love to be able to enter lower categories and forfeit any competetive points in exchange of being able to hunt at my pace and my ped card level.

Most people dont like to be pushed into hunting something thats maybe too big for them. You can measure the power of a player trough their skills and hp but if you ignore their ped cards you lock a good potion of people out who would enjoy hunting in a lower category. I know the competetive element is necessary and the heavy competetive grinder make this event working out for mindark but its a little sad everyone else have to cope with that, some people are not here for prices or competetion but simply to spend some time play the game and looking for a little variety from their daily routine. Those evnts could supply that but unfortunatly their skills dosn't match the gear and the ped card

Or is the leak of that options an attempt to make this kind of events look like there was a real competetion ? We all know its always the same people who win , why even bother i dont care and dosn't begrudge any of them for winning that prices and i believe they wouln't care or mind if anyone who dosn't wish to compete can go werever she/he wants. I'd even ok with limiting the easter box spawns if you go in a cat that is below your skill level.

Eu is all about freedom , please dont limit us like this

I don't like being pushed to hunt bigger mobs, because in the end I don't hunt at all and that's absolutely bad for both the game and MindArk.

There's plenty of people in the same situation so stop being selfish about your box farm scheme and think of the greater good.

Cheaper boxes? perfect, more keys purchased, more cash flow for MA.

Forcing people to hunt at certain level? not good, no hunt at all, no depo. Bad.

1+
I like idea.

I only want boxs no points.

I don't like being pushed to hunt bigger mobs, because in the end I don't hunt at all and that's absolutely bad for both the game and MindArk.

There's plenty of people in the same situation so stop being selfish about your box farm scheme and think of the greater good.

Forcing people to hunt at certain level? not good, no hunt at all, no depo. Bad.

:laugh: think the game can surive without your $10 depo to farm boxes off puny, no one force you to do anything.

I like how it works now. Its the EVENT in the first place and you dont have to attend it. Event is divided into categories based on your skills and that is completly fine. If you are hunting same sh*t mobs over and over for years why should you get advantage over other players with much lower skills. The only problem is that you want boxes but your bankroll is too low to get them in higher category. And why do you want boxes ? :scratch2: Maybe because of the sh*t loot on regular mobs. That is what you should think about ;).

:laugh: think the game can surive without your $10 depo to farm boxes off puny, no one force you to do anything.

Ah yes condescendence and mockery, the last resource of someone with no arguments.

I'm level 78 and have not killed a 'puny' mob in years by the way.

I like how it works now. Its the EVENT in the first place and you dont have to attend it. Event is divided into categories based on your skills and that is completly fine. If you are hunting same sh*t mobs over and over for years why should you get advantage over other players with much lower skills. The only problem is that you want boxes but your bankroll is too low to get them in higher category. And why do you want boxes ? :scratch2: Maybe because of the sh*t loot on regular mobs. That is what you should think about ;).

I don't follow your logic. Of course I want to take advantage of any potential markup there is, why wouldn't I? But why am I being thrown at category X just because my level is Y?

We had FFA in christmas and nobody thought it was unfair, I was able to hunt at my own pace spending the money I can afford.

Now I'm being forced to hunt much bigger mobs than I am comfortable with or go into defense mode which sucks if you just want to relax and shoot. Resulting in no hunting at all most days :)

There's activity and revenue to be gained and nothing to be lost, maybe you just want to argue for the sake of argument so I wont waste more time.

Ah yes condescendence and mockery, the last resource of someone with no arguments.

I'm level 78 and have not killed a 'puny' mob in years by the way.

I give plenty of arguments, now lower level players have a chance to farm unique mu why let a lvl 78 grind their mob more efficiently and in high volume just to tank their mu? Why should people trying to compete in their cat have the only bit of mu the mobs drop tanked into the ground by non participants who just want cheap boxes? Lvl 78 has plenty of choices, if he is too poor or unskilled to hunt his cat nonstop, ofc the cats could use some minor balance tweaks to include a wider range of people but thats the only thing i can see an argument for.

I give plenty of arguments, now lower level players have a chance to farm unique mu why let a lvl 78 grind their mob more efficiently and in high volume just to tank their mu? Why should people trying to compete in their cat have the only bit of mu the mobs drop tanked into the ground by non participants who just want cheap boxes? Lvl 78 has plenty of choices, if he is too poor or unskilled to hunt his cat nonstop, ofc the cats could use some minor balance tweaks to include a wider range of people but thats the only thing i can see an argument for.

Protect the MU and lose activity, that's what the game needs.

Got it :thumbup:

Protect the MU and lose activity, that's what the game needs.

Got it :thumbup:

the activity lost from low budget/unskilled/geared "hunters" that not only dont hunt in their cat but also choose not to play the game at all due to not being able to farm boxes (very tiny amount of people) is more than compensated by the actual event participants pushing harder/being more plentiful because theres mu/prizes decent returns. Feel free to not participate and see if the game comes crashing down without you :thumbup:

the activity lost from low budget/unskilled/geared "hunters" that not only dont hunt in their cat but also choose not to play the game at all due to not being able to farm boxes (very tiny amount of people) is more than compensated by the actual event participants pushing harder/being more plentiful because theres mu/prizes decent returns. Feel free to not participate and see if the game comes crashing down without you :thumbup:

That's your opinion and not supported by any fact or data whatsoever. We had open categories years ago, we even had FFA this past xmas, and I didn't see anything of what you speak. Supply and demand will always balance itself out, but losing players will not.

:thumbup:

EDIT:
Do you want an example? I'll give it to you for free.

Don't sell your boxes for a few weeks/months, there you go you just got back any MU possibly lost by having something like FFA.

On the other hand, good luck getting people to depo and hunt knowing that they have no place in events.

Last edited:
That's your opinion and not supported by any fact or data whatsoever. We had open categories years ago, we even had FFA this past xmas, and I didn't see anything of what you speak. Supply and demand will always balance itself out, but losing players will not.

EDIT:

Don't sell your boxes for a few weeks/months, there you go you just got back any MU possibly lost by having something like FFA.

On the other hand, good luck getting people to depo and hunt knowing that they have no place in events.

Lots of people have place in events, high and low level thats my point even those not competing have the chance to farm boxes (low-mid hunters). Only a few feel overwhelmed by their cat, youre a minority not a majority. Boxes go up if you hold them for a couple of months, no kidding. But a lot of people wish to keep cycling/participating in event so cant hold them. Hence why its nice to be able to sell tehm quickly at 4.5-5 rather than having to sell them for 3.3 like at xmas, and xmas also has ffa stars as mu (core does not) so its not a direct comparison and xmas had mobs from different planets dorpping boxes and was a much different envioroment.

Bare in mind unlike you im not pushing for something i want/that benefits me. Having FFA style instance where anyone can farm boxes would probably be better for me as im only in the middle of my cat in terms of setup but for the population as a whole and in the spirit of the event i think what i say is right. But yeh ofc we're just discussing and stating opinions, thats what forum is, useless debate to fill lunch hour :laugh:

I'm not pushing for anything, I just want to take part in new content without my level getting in the way. If I'm to be punished for progressing then what the hell is this game all about.

EDIT:

Everyone has there opinion , you have yours and he has his and either could be right or wrong.

Fact

1. Xmas boxes went down to 3 peds/box by mid event. Easter boxes still continues to sell for 5 peds/box due to supply constraints.

2. Given time the prices do tend to go back up and thats what resellers do by buying low selling high. What you suggest will require time and bigger bankroll since all mu is stuck in the boxes. On the other hand, you do not want to increase your bankroll to match your levels of play. That seems hypocritic to me a bit.

3. Its an assumption at your end that the gain from people who would have depo'd if they were allowed to participate in levels below would be more then the ones motivated currently to deposit since the markup is relatively higher . Just because xmas was like this and earlier it was allowed does not mean every event will or should be the same. Variety is good.

So the bottom line is people rather blame MA for everything they do as long as there own needs are not catered to. Perhaps we as players also need to be a little more introspective in our approach and realize if the short coming is at our end we need to deal with it ourselves instead. There is plenty to do besides the event if one chooses to.

Last edited:
I see no harm at all in opening other categories for those who don't want to compete.

Well, that's not true, is it? The harm would be to people who are looting items inside the instances who want to protect the MU of the items they can loot in the instances, a MU that can be inflated due to the arbitrary brackets set by MA that seems to consider little beyond numbers divisible by 5.

:rolleyes:

Back