Now, I remember why I quit ages ago

Fefe

Provider
Society
Hungarian Trox Killers
Ferenc Fefe Magyar
Hi,

I used to love this game...I spent a lot of time and money on it. Tried to get back but they didn't want me to get back...actually, they don't give a sxxt. Bummer...
entr.jpg

I mean... sounds like problems on your end? Not sure what you expect an outsourced customer service response team to do.

I mean... sounds like problems on your end? Not sure what you expect an outsourced customer service response team to do.

I expected them to help me get back to the game.
"Reinstall it...and if that doesn't help...we are sorry" is not an actuall problem solving.

how much space exactly do you have on your system?
what are your systems specs?
and yes, it looks like problems on your end...

you need to have some basic computer skills these days and you can`t blame the devs of any game / app for all problems on your system

"Now, I remember why I quit ages ago"... childish way of saying I take my toys and leave, without giving a flying f**k that this may be your fault
ar you actually an adult, or?...

But did you turn it off and then on again ?

It gives the error not because you are actually out of space, but because it can't write to the disk at all, due to wrong permissions on the disk/folder. Running as administrator normally should have helped but probably the problem runs deeper. Right click on the folder you are trying to install into, Properties, Advanced, make sure that the Owner: displays your account name and not "unable to display current owner". Change if needed.

Also try to run CHKDSK to exclude major disk problems.

Now, I remember why I quit ages ago

If you computer is also from ages ago then you should think about upgrading it.
Minimum requirement changed with time.

how much space exactly do you have on your system?
what are your systems specs?
and yes, it looks like problems on your end...

you need to have some basic computer skills these days and you can`t blame the devs of any game / app for all problems on your system

"Now, I remember why I quit ages ago"... childish way of saying I take my toys and leave, without giving a flying f**k that this may be your fault
ar you actually an adult, or?...

:D
I have been using computers for a good while, so basic skill are available...this is exactly the reason why I expected mor ethen "reinstall it".

Yes, actaully and adult So this is why I don't play anymore...just wanted to give another shot but As I can see it is not obnly the game that has changed.....
Obviously, I have enough disk space...but thank you for your very constructive critisism :)

So, I have enough disk space, I sintalled it and run as an administrator...and still gives me the same error...
Obviously it is an error on my side but, in my opinion, support should be prepared to help these cases as well.

It gives the error not because you are actually out of space, but because it can't write to the disk at all, due to wrong permissions on the disk/folder. Running as administrator normally should have helped but probably the problem runs deeper. Right click on the folder you are trying to install into, Properties, Advanced, make sure that the Owner: displays your account name and not "unable to display current owner". Change if needed.

Thank you. This is helpful. :) I will try it.

If you computer is also from ages ago then you should think about upgrading it.
Minimum requirement changed with time.

No, it is not...but thanks.

Using the right client for your OS and processor, right? (32/64)

Dumb attempt at helping...

Ok, maybe its a dumb question...but...how many partitions does your HDD have? And in which HDD partition were you trying to install the game?

As far as I remember, although I installed mine in C:\ , the game doesn't reside in a single location...but instead in two places...

- 290 MB data in Program Files (x86)
- 16.8 GB data in ProgramData

Could it be possible that the game was trying to default install a portion of its data in one of your HDD partitions which was "low" in disk space?

:scratch2:

(PS: If you can run the client loader, go to "Tools", under "Folders" and set/change your "Planet Data Folder" location)

Last edited:
Ok, maybe its a dumb question...but...how many partitions does your HDD have? And in which HDD partition were you trying to install the game?

As far as I remember, although I installed mine in C:\ , the game doesn't reside in a single location...but instead in two places...

Could it be possible that the game was trying to default install a portion of its data in one of your HDD partitions which was "low" in disk space?

It is just one partition and I have ~500gb free space...but doesn't matter the size of space available as it will always give me the same number as space needed.

Try creating a new user with administrator rights

Clearest way with formatting the whole dam thing failing that I would start to look at running hardware tests to make sure you have no underlying issue

It is just one partition and I have ~500gb free space...but doesn't matter the size of space available as it will always give me the same number as space needed.

Guess it wasn't what I was thinking then.

As an afterthought, I think might be wise for you to take a screenshot of the error you are seeing? May or may not help us put things into perspective.

I'd also check logs of whatever antivirus software I use.

Most AV these days have 'silent mode' (sometimes under a different name) which is a common cause of operations failing silently.

With the information you provided its hard to find any solution besides reinstalling the game.
Provide more information and maybe people can help you.

Hi,

I used to love this game...I spent a lot of time and money on it. Tried to get back but they didn't want me to get back...actually, they don't give a sxxt. Bummer...
entr.jpg

if you use win 10 maybe you have also access problems writing to some folders with your default user?

i had also similar probs with win 7...

I created manually a folder "c:\entropia" and told the installer to install all there...

if you still get probs,look at your user rights also if you have admin privileges,and run the installer as admin...

if that all doesnt help, also create a new user with admin rights..maybe you have an issue with your personal folders also...

if you give more details also....(win version,32bit if older win or 64 bit, also a screenshot would help) i am sure we could help you getting those things working again :cool:

Good luck,
Eddie

Pretty amazing to see from time to time, other players are far far more helpful and willing to try to help than the Devs ever will be. Yet again, I feel embarrassed I am supporting MA, these people are beyond clueless.

I can only suggest maybe right click windows bar-> system, then go to settings ->storage, then click whatever drive it is to verify that some program hasn't allocated that space. It may be free on the drive, but it also may be reserved for Dropbox, or videos or something similar.

Edit- I did hear about some crypto mining programs eating up all of the hard drive space in the background for people. Might be another thought if ever tried that out or installed one of those on the system.

Last edited:
Looool, I feel sorry for you, that this is they way they dealt with a customer. But wow... :laugh: I mean they are showing how much of f*** they give.

Sounds like win10

(PS: If you can run the client loader, go to "Tools", under "Folders" and set/change your "Planet Data Folder" location)

Yes - i seem to remember being unable to install anywhere other than default - ie no D drive no E drive strictly C:

I got the same response. Running win7 on a tiny SSD with my data on another much bigger regular disk. More evidence of really poor programming, ignorant(not knowing) response and chaotic bugs (I think this is why they call their events Mayhems).

Last edited:
I have entropia installed on D:\entropia so shouldn't be an issue with multiple drives

If you've recently made changes or other installs I'd check that your PATH variable is still pointing to the right location.

then try doing a disk clean, defrag and remove any temporary files and check that you have enough virtual memory available so that you're not running out of RAM while installing because MA is tormenting the heap like Steven Spielberg did to Indiana Jones 4

- are you using a mac?... in that case just stop at this point and buy a real computer
.. I'm kidding, mortgage your home for a 2009 pc, ruin your life I don't care, I'm not your dad
... yet again kidding

- Have you experiences any other "strangness" in your life (not just related to eu)? crashes, blue-screens, one horned purple flying people eaters? etc?
- What's your OS? Do you have the latest version available?
- have you other pending updates?
- Are you sure you have write permisson(admin isn't always all powerful unless you're running Linux and could be set to someone else, this has happened to me)?
- When was the last time it worked?
- have you tried setting the client to always run as admin and tried any compabillity modes? (I would recursively set admin rights to all files to be sure)
- have you tried switching off your virus protection?
- have you tampered with your host file (e.g removing telemetry data to avoid Microsoft watching you wank)?
- and are you sure all files were removed the last time?, cached data and temporary files aswell
- What's the exact error message and code you are getting?

If you have thoroughly checked all above and are still experiencing issues you can do a reset without losing your files in the recovery menu which might work but depending on your system it could take a few hours(probably less than 1-2 anyway)... always backup

Just got home from work...
WOW...yes, Now I remember Why I loved EU...because of the helpful player base. Just because of that I will try and do all the steps and tricks you guys recommended.

If it sounded like whining in the beggining of this thread...it wasn't... I just needed these kind of tricks, so I can try and sort this issue out on my end (I know it is an issue here) but if the Support doesn't want me to pay money to them and the only advice they can give is to "reinstall"...well, that is sad.

Thank you guys!!

By the way, it is Win 10 and this a relatively decent laptop (Acer Aspire V17 Nitro) which run EU like a couple of month ago. I didn't really change anything (as far as I know) just tried to run the installed updater , which said it needed more space. It was strange, as I had enough, but I made more space....the error message remained the same, only the space needed changed...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/2/7/0/6/eu2.jpg

Support said I should run it as an administrator..I did...then they said to do a clean install...I did...and that was it, they didn't have any more ideas...an other paying customer is left out.

Anyway, thank you again. I will try everything you recommended.
You are a great bunch of people!

The install location and the location it stores planet data are different. I'm sure you can change it, symlinks might be the answer as well.

Just got home from work...
WOW...yes, Now I remember Why I loved EU...because of the helpful player base. Just because of that I will try and do all the steps and tricks you guys recommended.

If it sounded like whining in the beggining of this thread...it wasn't... I just needed these kind of tricks, so I can try and sort this issue out on my end (I know it is an issue here) but if the Support doesn't want me to pay money to them and the only advice they can give is to "reinstall"...well, that is sad.

Thank you guys!!

By the way, it is Win 10 and this a relatively decent laptop (Acer Aspire V17 Nitro) which run EU like a couple of month ago. I didn't really change anything (as far as I know) just tried to run the installed updater , which said it needed more space. It was strange, as I had enough, but I made more space....the error message remained the same, only the space needed changed...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/2/7/0/6/eu2.jpg

Support said I should run it as an administrator..I did...then they said to do a clean install...I did...and that was it, they didn't have any more ideas...an other paying customer is left out.

Anyway, thank you again. I will try everything you recommended.
You are a great bunch of people!

according to the message there is aproblem with space..BUT maybe you have a link with microsoft CLOUD with your personal folders (on win10 it can be a standard to synch with cloud storage !!!

--> and your Cloud storage space is almost full (assuming a sync with your personal folders where eu also decompress and stores data)

Eddie

Something that also may be worth trying is installing CCleaner and running the software. When you uninstall it there is a chance it did not uninstall correctly. Run the registry check a few times and clean up some of the errors.

CCleaner is an amazing tool

How much space does your C: drive have? Programdata is like 18gb of crap that goes to your documents and settings\appdata or someshit.

Make sure you have enough space on C: drive.

after you install it, you can move your "planet data" back to D: drive or whatever.

Yep the playerbase is the #1 cause of player retention and the reason I still play. EU is the diametrical opposite of LoL: here we have teh awesome playerbase and iffy code, over there the reverse scenario. I lasted 10 minutes over there. Here? Lifer.

Yep the playerbase is the #1 cause of player retention and the reason I still play. EU is the diametrical opposite of LoL: here we have teh awesome playerbase and iffy code, over there the reverse scenario. I lasted 10 minutes over there. Here? Lifer.

player base is why EU exists despite Mindark's attempts to kill it.

Back