MA really needs to do somehting about the enhancers.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Correctly if I am wrong but I think enhancers have counter a of some sort that keeps track of the number of uses and that with maybe some type of counter from the user controls the amount of uses a players gets. I believe that I read there is a minimum use on UL weapons of 1650 per enhancer and the L weapons are some what different. I would think it would have to be that way otherwise I could us one for a while and then pass it on to my friend and he to his friend and so on. Having said all of that I am sure it only applies to unused enhancers so if you buy a used enhancers that means you would get sort of cheated on the number of uses. As I see there is no way to know if the enhancer you are buying is new.
I am not saying that we need to have a bar like with other items showing the TT remaining but just a status that says "New" or "Used".

I have had an enhancer last from 1 shot, yes I said one shot, to a 100-200 hundred that I bought on the auction and when I mfg them myself they seem to last much longer.

Either make them bind to player once used....that way if you want to sell them, you dont screw someone by using it alot first.....or have it decay like everything else, so the tt value drops as it gets used and once it gets too low it can no longer be used.

They have a chance of breaking, for example 1/2000 uses......it doesnt matter if its new or old :)

I generally craft enhancers. Do 1000 shots on each, sell them, and then craft more. Have to stay ahead of the game somehow :laugh:

I laughed harder at this then I probably should have :laugh:

I generally don't use them, or (now that I need the clicks per day) I craft my own. Simple solution to infuriating situation.

They have a chance of breaking, for example 1/2000 uses......it doesnt matter if its new or old :)
Don't disagree although I would like to know if that is a guess or MA stated as such. Having said that when I do my own I don't have near the breakage that I get when I buy them off the auction and at 5-8 or more ped each.....

People trolling you CozMoDan...

Enhancer breakage is chance based...there's no internal counter...

Correctly if I am wrong but I think enhancers have counter a of some sort that keeps track of the number of uses and that with maybe some type of counter from the user controls the amount of uses a players gets. I believe that I read there is a minimum use on UL weapons of 1650 per enhancer and the L weapons are some what different. I would think it would have to be that way otherwise I could us one for a while and then pass it on to my friend and he to his friend and so on. Having said all of that I am sure it only applies to unused enhancers so if you buy a used enhancers that means you would get sort of cheated on the number of uses. As I see there is no way to know if the enhancer you are buying is new.
I am not saying that we need to have a bar like with other items showing the TT remaining but just a status that says "New" or "Used".

I have had an enhancer last from 1 shot, yes I said one shot, to a 100-200 hundred that I bought on the auction and when I mfg them myself they seem to last much longer.

People complaining about enhancers are those who use enhancers on Opalo to shoot puny mobs :laugh::eyecrazy::laugh:

randomly breaking with a average of 1600.

totally logical and easiest to program

law of big numbers is at work here

everything more would be useless and wasting ped to program

the entire game works like random with law of big numbers.

Your memory is better than mine. But I didn't take the time to read that all over again and I still am not sure about there not being a counter. In reality unless MA says so no one can be sure but I know this if there is not some kind of a counter then how can MA grantee 1650 uses for an enhancer on a UL weapon. BTW I will not respond or argue about this again with you or anyone else, as you said we have been over this ground before and nothing has changed for either of us.

Last edited:
It is the roll of a many sided dice every time you use an enhancer.
There is a random chance of it breaking.
I have had enhancers last well over 2000 shots.

something something something, MA ... Virginity enhancer ..

I'm too tired to put this together. I'm sure this is something that has probably been tested enough.

"Sample" size was probably too small to be conclusive though.

People trolling you CozMoDan...

Enhancer breakage is chance based...there's no internal counter...

ill say its weapon base too

predator and mod starkov i had 2700 break rate

ppls with imk2 i heard about 2000 (cant confirm) but i can ask maybe vodka or someone who had numbers

ppls with imk2 i heard about 2000 (cant confirm) but i can ask maybe vodka or someone who had numbers

But they maybe werent virgins on the imk2????

Yes it depends on weapon level...lower level gets more uses per enhancers.

Verified with Zho Data[SUP]TM[/SUP]

If this is true, then they just break mysticaly often into the range of 1/100 and not above 100.
Just write some code with a RND generator, then test how often it hit below 100, if you have a random range of 1/2000. Statisticaly it happen more above 100 as below 100.

My mining enhancer often break below 100 double drops (ores and enmatter) Rarly one last for 300 or more.
Ok, maybe a double drop should be called as 2 and not one use. But also then it is often, that it break too fast.

Depending of corse, that it is randomly that they break.

I don’t know a single imk2
'cause they all got mawwied....

On a more serious note, the rule of lazy programming supports stoney's notion that enhancer break rate is just another random. But I would be more willing to believe that that random roll is affected by what weapon or tool the enhancer is used on, possibly by the total cost of each shot or drop. MA has done similar antics before.

Yea, note, a hard count of uses per enhancer just isn't going to be the situation due to the awkwardness of coding it into this game.

Back to normal tone, oh show me the way to the next imk2....

So enhancers make your profit more or less? If more than explain or less explain... Jesus.....

So enhancers make your profit more or less? If more than explain or less explain... Jesus.....

I wonder the same thing.
If break rate is random, probably means adding enhancers - probability of being economical is random as well.

The only thing certain is that if you use damage enhancers you're guaranteed to do more damage and lose ped faster.

MA should just make it so enhancers have TT value and when you combine them, the total TT is based on sum of enhancers combined.

Just how virgin an enhancer can be? "If the counter is on the clock, it is ready for the glock"? What is mchammer doing with all those enhancers before putting them in the shopkeepers? Why are his shopkeepers naked? God :eyecrazy:

I wonder the same thing.
If break rate is random, probably means adding enhancers - probability of being economical is random as well.

The only thing certain is that if you use damage enhancers you're guaranteed to do more damage and lose ped faster.

MA should just make it so enhancers have TT value and when you combine them, the total TT is based on sum of enhancers combined.

When you say lose ped faster above are you saying that because you are burning up an enhancer(s) and that increases the cost of the kill ?

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be an a$$ but it is so hard to tell on a forum.

Wouldn't using an enhancer decrease the cost to kill because of the increase in damage, especially with the higher damage weapons ? I understand that according to MA the cost to kill is tied to the amount of loot (Still not sure that I believe that for the low to medium size mobs) the problem is you spend much more for an enhancer that the TT value (around 400% for damage ones right now), I can not see how MA could use that cost for loot calculation. Most of the enhancers cost, at most, a couple of ped to produce and when you divide that TT cost by the number of shots its almost nothing IMO. I do use enhancers from time to time but personally I think the greatest value of the enhancer is to put more ped in MA's pocket.

For all the newbies Cozmodan managed to confuse:

MA doesn't really need to do anything about the enhancers.
Enhancers have a breaking chance, they do not decay (have an internal counter as far as everyone knows)
Each tool has its own enh breaking ratio. Some tools break the enh slower, some faster (ratio is how many enh break per slot per click).
After a half of year of tracking, in 1.2 million ped spent with a tier 9 M83, I found out that the breaking ratio for that tool was 1 enh per 3000 clicks. Sometimes I had 3 enh break in 3 consecutive shots, the ratio long term was still the same. That's why (wise) people talk about the law of large numbers, you can't draw anu conclusion from 3enh breaking in 3 consecutive shots (unless you are Cozmodan - you can draw any conclusion after 1 click)

As for the question "Is it worth using Enh?" - Nissa, put that question aside for the moment. If you don't know the answer, don't use any enh. Learn various aspects of the game even more and the answer will come to you.
Bottom line, you will have to answer every time if it's worth spending X ped for Y activity, tool or whatever. People answer this question differently, because fun, time, profit is worth different in each person't head...

Back