Suggestion: Two suggestions regarding Efficiency

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
1. Weapons should not have their efficiency values written on top of the gradient bar, it's not intuitive at all and feels very poorly designed.

Image showing this:

QlOD7LQ.png

2. It would really be nice if it went one decimal place further, like 51.54% instead of 51.5%, I don't believe one limiting it to one decimal place has much purpose and I feel as though it isn't very precise the way it is currently.

I hope these two suggestions are taken into consideration and we can see this some improvements here at some point before I spend 10-20 hours adding Efficiency values for items that aren't nearly as precise as they could and should be, while being forced to squint extremely hard over and over for every item above 70-80% efficiency.

1. Weapons should not have their efficiency values written on top of the gradient bar, it's not intuitive at all and feels very poorly designed.

Image showing this:

QlOD7LQ.png

2. It would really be nice if it went one decimal place further, like 51.54% instead of 51.5%, I don't believe one limiting it to one decimal place has much purpose and I feel as though it isn't very precise the way it is currently.

I hope these two suggestions are taken into consideration and we can see this some improvements here at some point before I spend 10-20 hours adding Efficiency values for items that aren't nearly as precise as they could and should be, while being forced to squint extremely hard over and over for every item above 70-80% efficiency.

Yes, I find it annoying to look at with it where it is and it does hint at poor design. :eyecrazy:

some are barely readable, as they interfere with the coloured bar.

+1
i also think it would be also very nice to put dpp next to it, since the known impact (influencing tt return) is visible, the one with very vague impact (loot quality) should be visible as well especially for all those weapons offered for the first time in events without a possibility to test the dpp

I assume the gradient bar represents the efficiency percentage? Do we really need a gradient bar with no metric indicators ( like 1 --- 100 or someting) when we have a number, presumably changed to display two decimal places? Just get rid of the gradient bar and leave a percentage, to two decimal points as requested. imo.

I assume the gradient bar represents the efficiency percentage? Do we really need a gradient bar with no metric indicators ( like 1 --- 100 or someting) when we have a number, presumably changed to display two decimal places? Just get rid of the gradient bar and leave a percentage, to two decimal points as requested. imo.

It does, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it as a fun little visual aid/progress indicator thing, this is a game after all, but the number definitely should be somewhere other than layered on top of it.

A bar makes it more easy to distinguish on a short glimpse how effective something is. 2 columns for this would be far better, upper one written out in numbers, 2 decimals, lower one the bar. This stops overlapping, makes for a much cleaner design and is actually professional.

These changes would still be really good to do at some point since right now the UI feels ugly and poorly designed, fixing it up should require very minimal effort from any sort of competent programmers.

These changes would still be really good to do at some point since right now the UI feels ugly and poorly designed, fixing it up should require very minimal effort from any sort of competent programmers.

Totally

imo the problem is that MA has a coming and going of software developers, who all have their own style and likings. MA does not seem to have a 'house style'.

Totally different styles:
- hof list
- auction
- mission log
- chat channel & progress bar
- achievements
- professions & item info
- tracked missions

Personally the style I find best readable and up-to-date is the one used in 'tracked missions'.

Especially the hof-list and the professions tab/item tab are a bit outdated.
I'm not saying that every window should look the same, obviously visual differences are good, but it would be sweet/slick when things match more.

Seems they have chosen to just completely remove the visual for efficiency and left only the number as their fix for this issue.

I suppose it's a way to fix it, though it would have been better if they could have just adjusted it slightly so that the number wasn't overlapping the visual.

Oh well.

Status
Back