Never heard this one before.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
This is a PM I got today from a hunt in the same area were I was hunting and I quote, " you do realize that by killing off everything you are ruining the loot levels?" I am not sure I could have kill all the mobs even if I tried:).

Yesterday in the same area where there was 50 to a hundred mobs he told me that I was taking his mobs because was hunting that area. I basically told him he did not own an area, and I mean it was a big area, just because he was there and called him a dumb a$$ :). He said he reported me to MA and that I was in big trouble. I check his tracker and he started about 2 weeks ago.

I must say I fell bad about being kind of rude to him because he is a new player and I do think all of us must help the newer players but he was just so dumb about it and a bit rude but still.....

This is a PM I got today from a hunt in the same area were I was hunting and I quote, " you do realize that by killing off everything you are ruining the loot levels?" I am not sure I could have kill all the mobs even if I tried:).

Yesterday in the same area where there was 50 to a hundred mobs he told me that I was taking his mobs because was hunting that area. I basically told him he did not own an area, and I mean it was a big area, just because he was there and called him a dumb a$$ :). He said he reported me to MA and that I was in big trouble. I check his tracker and he started about 2 weeks ago.

I must say I fell bad about being kind of rude to him because he is a new player and I do think all of us must help the newer players but he was just so dumb about it and a bit rude but still.....

This is common behavior outside EU, first time ive seen it here

EU going mainstream? ;)

World PVP everywhere all the time FTW! :handgun:

Your hunting punies...a lot of newer players hunt punies....what do you expect?

You should have told the first one that by using a better gun than they are, that you are in fact taking their ped....which is why they think you are runing the loot levels....and then thanked them for it.

For the second, you should have said you already claimed this area as your hunting ground a few years ago and they are actually trespassing and now they owe you ped for every mob they had killed in the area.

Really who are teaching these new people....other new people who feel they know the game once they have reached level 10....its the blind leading the blind.

Maybe say you control the mobs and pop a creature control pill and have some fun?

and posting about it in a forum isn't a bit rude?

I don't think so as I mentioned no names and I did also say I feel bad about being rude in case he would see this post and he would be the only one that knows.

I wonder what new and exciting topic you will create tomorrow.

If you don't like my post then why are you here ??????? Don't click on them pretty simple to me. You can have the last word on this so post away and BTW I will not open any of your posts either.

Well Tiny Lord; for example the Thread: Has No one foreseen this problem with Looter yet?

that topic is a rich lode that is just begging to be explored & discussed, maybe fought over :)

It is a fact of playing in a MMORPG - you come up against other players whose agendas, experience & personalities can be different to yours - and this can lead to conflict either deliberate or unintended and with consequences.

You can never tell how things will play out - players you think should be total tools, well they can tgurn out good people - while others the opposite can apply.

CozMoDan, if you were able to enter into a dialogue with that player & were able to explain to him some facts of eLife - could be he would be in your debt - even ask could you be his mentor :)
Of course he could be as big a clown as he seemed at first glance - you just never know :)

Well Tiny Lord; for example the Thread: Has No one foreseen this problem with Looter yet?

that topic is a rich lode that is just begging to be explored & discussed, maybe fought over :)

It is a fact of playing in a MMORPG - you come up against other players whose agendas, experience & personalities can be different to yours - and this can lead to conflict either deliberate or unintended and with consequences.

You can never tell how things will play out - players you think should be total tools, well they can tgurn out good people - while others the opposite can apply.

CozMoDan, if you were able to enter into a dialogue with that player & were able to explain to him some facts of eLife - could be he would be in your debt - even ask could you be his mentor :)
Of course he could be as big a clown as he seemed at first glance - you just never know :)

Actually on 2 other occasions I had same type of thing and accusing me of mob stealing. One player I said I didn't mean to and he thanked me for even answering back. He said it had happened before and when PM them they never even answered him and we had a little chat with a couple of pointers from me. The second one I thought the player was AFK but he got all mad and said he was skilling evade, I told to go to at least kerrbies to do the skilling and 2 day later he PMed and thank me and said that worked way better.

This guy thought just started off as a tool and I lost my cool which is silly as it really is just a game.

You what?

too short.
better (meaning more eco) setup = better chance at high market value loots, so yes, in a roundabout way, he is. It's an important part of this game called competition.

New players will be new. No harm done. They (almost) all learn what's what eventually, and in the meantime, their expectations based on other, dissimilar games can give us all a giggle, most of all them.

Last edited:
better (meaning more eco) setup = better chance at high market value loots, so yes, in a roundabout way, he is. It's an important part of this game called competition.

New players will be new. No harm done. They (almost) all learn what's what eventually, and in the meantime, their expectations based on other, dissimilar games can give us all a giggle, most of all them.

i havent seen a single proof to that theory and im not believing it. ive run tests with low eco after loot 2.1 and ive got the same, if not even more rare loots with the low dpp gun vs the high dpp one. rare loots = adj imp mod nanites, ESIs etc. the normal hides and oils seem to be the same percentage, no matter what dpp or what eco stats you got.
the only thing is you need to be under 200% kill cost compared to 3dpp. if ur above its shrapnel only. other than that i havent experienced a single difference

Just play nice and you'll go further r in this game.

Well I'm going to be blunt and too the point here, and I might ire a few folks.. but....

Welcome to the "Real" World" we live n..

In today's Real world outside the game, most folks today often think about themselves and not the community.. Heck when I started this game 10 years ago, it was ll about commuity and working together..

Yet in today's game, I see a lot of folks hunt solo, never in a team, and in fact it's ironic that some folks are just downright rude, or never want to say hello, howdy, how's it going? Type of approach..

Case in Point: yesterday I was out at Rocktropia hunting a mob (Which there awas plenty and a guy was running up to the teleporter and all I said was just what I just said was "Howdy." (Which is the usuaal way to say hello down here in the Southwestern US.. and what i got back was not a real surprise to me.

I got no reply whatso ever.. He just got on the Teleporter and just left..

Not even a single hi, or hello or Bonjour, or Konichiwa, or however you say hello it in your own native tongue..
(After all, I keep Google translate running in the background..)

The point of the matter is this.. A lot f folks focus on one thing in this game, and it's their Project Entropia Dollars (The Peds) , instead of just meeting a new person..

Some of the people I've met over the decade I've been in game (and yes, I'll b turning 10 here in a few days .. and I've noticed a big swing from one side of the psychology of the game to the other..

back in 2008 when I started there were a lot of f folks out in the sweat camp just out side of Port Atlantis and many of us did talk, sure some of us grew into our character, but some folks already were in character...

But now, well I question some of the people today..and it's not about what nationality or gender they are, but rather how they were brought up by their parents (and their grandparents in some cases..

Once I was talking to a friend of mine from Norway and in fact he told me about this one player (Who shall remain nameless). who basically complained about the fact that every time he said hello someone who knew this guy, told him to F-off . an he wondered why.. I knew this person's track record and in fact the reason he got that treatment was because he decided to be Rude to the other folks.. In a manner of speaking, his own rudeness to others, came back to haunt him..because he constantly bashed and berated other people..

The point is this, This is a community of people.. not just from Sweden, or Norway, or The United Kingdom, or even India..Heck I've met a lot of folks from all walks of life, and when I talk to them (and they're on my friends list,) they usually talk back to me..

But a lot of people today don't even say a simple hello, or again whatever language you speak, a simple howdy..

The point is this.. This is a global world.. not jsut a small poart, of one.. Like I said, I have friends from around the world.. The US, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and yes Even India..In short, I live in a global community..

But I digress..

The point is some of the players I have noted ar teenagers and are rather rude, because their parents haven't the right mind to discipline their kidds.. Others are adults who act childish.. In the other real world (The one I am talking from) I made a rather interesting cfomment to my landlady when I paid her the rent..

I commented about how people were yelling and screaming at each other and then I added, I don't mind about the kinds.. Kids will be kids..but adults doing that? Now that's just being selfish, and very childish too.. It made me question about what kind of parents raised them..

But again like I said, I came into this game, in 2008 just as the world was starting to fall into case off (And I'm refering to the actual world I'm talking from not the game world..

It didn't take too long for this world I'm talking from to seep into this world.. The gaming world..

Look, you're going to have a lot of "Toxic" Players in any game, and in fact some of them are just poor sports.. they can't afford to lose, or rather they don't want to..
Today I was talking to a friend who is in game and I commented that it was no big deal I lost 35 ped in a hunt..After all I was out there focusing on my skills in game and not the peds.. I just enjoy doing things in this game..

But a lot of folks don't.. They again focus on their wallet and try to pinch every last penny they can in order to win. and if they lose? Well they act childish about it.. I just sadly shake my head..

And yes if I accidentally shoot a mob by accident that someone else is hunting, I do apologize about it and explain that I am legally blind (Can see, jut not too well and yes, I have many doctors who can back this up)

The bottom line is this: People today being their "Real world into the game, and don't check it at the door.."

Me, I'm a gamer and I follow the one rule that may parents taught me when I was young.. and that wa to be polite, and to say please and thank you (and yes I'm not saying please as Please give me a gun! I'm saying Please can I purchase something from you,.. or Please could you be so kind to not be rude..

I think if more people had manners and learned what life was all about they'd be a better person in the end.. but many it seems don't...

and yes, I do joke a lot, but then sometimes I'm downright serious.. and it's this topic right here where I get serious.. Cause what I see in the real world, actual does carry iover into a game, and ususally I iknow some of you have had bad days at the office or at work, and you want to relieve stress..(I know of another player who was so stressed in real life that when he came into game, he didn't leave his troubles behind.. In the end, is that he carried that stress into the game, and it almost killed him..now that he's left, I get reports from my friends about how he's taken it easy, and is now Enjoying life..and he's a happier person as well..

This game was never meant to be for everyone.. A lot of the players we see today come from other MMO's as they have become bored with them.. others just look at this game as a way to look at it as a way to make money.. Me, I look it as a way to relieve stress, kick back, and enjoy life outside of the real real world..
and enjoy having fun doing so..

I think after this, I think if you really read this , you might see what I'm getting at..

So do yourself a favor.. Leave your troubles at the door, and just kick back, relax and enjoy the fun.. I sure do, and i'm a rather nice guy.. Oh and one more thing.. If you see me? Just say hi.. after all some of us folks aren't rude.. and if you say hi, you might learn to get to know them..

Anyway I'm out for the night.. Got a busy day tomorrow in the "Real world gotta go shopping, but like I said, I do say hi to everyone.. next time you're in game and you see me? Just say hi. You might get a howdy back from me, and then you might learn a bit about the game..

Anyway, time to head to the bunkhouse and get some sleep..

Sgt. Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote (IFN Marines)
A.K.A."The Blind Sniper" (and ) "His-Dog_Spot"

To Ben:
"Well I'm going to be blunt and too the point here, and I might ire a few folks.. but...."

I didn't have time to read the rest. Haha I just couldn't resist and meant no harm but your blunt and to the point is a little longer than most:).

You what?

too short.

Hmmm, my whole post was just about having some fun with someone being rude, not pitching ideas on how actual loot works. If you think that i was trying to explain how the it worked, i wasn't.....the same as you can't claim hunting areas as your own (well i guess if you buy an LA then you are chargng per mob killed with tax, but i was meaning normal mob spawns where the punies are).

Welcome to the "Real" World" we live n..

Well why so damn long post about something that should be crystal clear to everyone.

Be nice and others are nice to you.
Be rude and others are rude to you.

In german we say:
Wie es in den Wald schreit, so schreit es zurück!
Translation: " How you shout into the forrest so it shouts back!"

Its the simple truth, no matter if in game or RL.

Many people never learned to be sozial RL.
Today people sit in front of their PCs read chats, but nearly noone really goes out and meet other people where sozial behavior matters. As their rudeness online has no consequences to their RL, they simply can´t learn what you will learn if you meet people in RL.
Thats it. Just computer kids with no real life.
I call it sozial degeneration.

A lot of folks don't chat when hunting, especially if timed buffs are turned on... Also some have chat window covered by inventory or pet status windows, etc. U are right some are just rude, but quite often it's more technical than that as to why folks aren't all chatty. Hundreds of chat channels outside of local also play a role there...

Hmmm, my whole post was just about having some fun with someone being rude, not pitching ideas on how actual loot works. If you think that i was trying to explain how the it worked, i wasn't.....the same as you can't claim hunting areas as your own (well i guess if you buy an LA then you are chargng per mob killed with tax, but i was meaning normal mob spawns where the punies are).

:thumbup:oh okay cool, cool.

Well why so damn long post about something that should be crystal clear to everyone.

Be nice and others are nice to you.
Be rude and others are rude to you.

In german we say:
Wie es in den Wald schreit, so schreit es zurück!
Translation: " How you shout into the forrest so it shouts back!"

Its the simple truth, no matter if in game or RL.

Many people never learned to be sozial RL.
Today people sit in front of their PCs read chats, but nearly noone really goes out and meet other people where sozial behavior matters. As their rudeness online has no consequences to their RL, they simply can´t learn what you will learn if you meet people in RL.
Thats it. Just computer kids with no real life.
I call it sozial degeneration.

Well put :)

Just write with people that are Friendly and its great. Iam also new but have find a lot of people that write me, are friendly and want help me.

But also have see some people that hunt Carabocs and are extreme rude, the kill you mob that you are sweating, or shoot on you mob and do thinks like that. But i think ignore it, it woud not change something i woud write with them or woud be angry and thinks like that. I think the are 1 Million Caraboks there, i grab me a other one.

Be cool its just a game and entertainment :)

Just write with people that are Friendly and its great. Iam also new but have find a lot of people that write me, are friendly and want help me.

But also have see some people that hunt Carabocs and are extreme rude, the kill you mob that you are sweating, or shoot on you mob and do thinks like that. But i think ignore it, it woud not change something i woud write with them or woud be angry and thinks like that. I think the are 1 Million Caraboks there, i grab me a other one.

Be cool its just a game and entertainment :)

One thing though it is sometime hard to see someone who is sweating if they are just starting because they can sweat from so far away. Also someone who is using a knife because they are so close. And there are those that use select next target and is gets away from them.

Most of the time I think they just don't care but much of the time it is just an accident I think anyway.

Back