Pricecheck: HC204

Mac

Marauder
Mannanan Mac y Lir
Trying to sell my HC204, thought I might be able to at least get what I paid for it a while back. Apparently not.

Captain Jack linked this Mayhem event item I assume as a possible reason why HC204s aren't selling like they used to.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&id=282

So, are HC204 worthless now?

If not, what should it sell for?

Has anyone done a compare and contrast between these two amps?

I didn't have a clue about the L amp. I never used L stuff if I could buy something unlimited, I hate L crap. I don't participate anymore. I don't do events. I don't buy boxes. I'm just trying to sell my stuff for a reasonable price so I can recoup some losses and gtfo.

Thanks!

One sold for 27.5k on AH while several were being listed at 25k for weeks on PCF, so the prices is most likely 25k or below. I would ignore that sale.

Two were listed around 24k I believe on AH and fell through, now there is one listed at 20k SB 24k BO currently I believe, which to me seems like a fair price range.

I think the item is still great as an UL amp for players who want to grind hard and eco, but in terms of the "grind hard" portion of that, some players have opted to swap to Mayhem amps, even though with the MU paid to use them they are obviously greatly inferior in terms of eco play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
I wouldn't say worthless, but it's not what it used to be.
Pre-loot 2.0 a HC204 would bag you a higher rake of the winnings of eco hunting, and therefor it's value could be proportionally tied to a percent increase in overall turnover/DPP thereby bagging more loot over time. With loot 2.0, eco is still important but not as king as it used to be. Therefor higher value items like this take longer to pay off, and prices either fall or items stagnate.
I think the option to get a relatively similar amp for a few hundred PED with an added bonus of life steal draws a lot of people away from the goal of the HC204, but then there are some dedicated grinders who would blow through (L) amps so quickly that it would be prudent to invest in unL, as long as they are looking exclusively for DPP/DPS and not the life steal bonus.
Overall it's a niche item now, whereas it used to be the gold standard. Still extremely useful and highly valuable to the right person.

~25k.......

At current MU of the alpha amp the hc204 is better but the price is taking a dive since the trust in the system have been rocky.

204s problem isnt as much its competition with alpha (it doesnt equip good at all on imk2 and mm, the tools you find most 204 on)
The problem is the aversion vs high dpp tools.

Last edited:
Mayhem amps are close to if not better in pretty much every single way even at current inflated prices as far as top level hunters are concerned. The people who can maximise hc204 the best atm are mid level grinders on their way up whos grinding setup cant quite utilise the mayhem amps yet. Ofc players in that bracket arent going to pay 24k esp when they will eventually get to the point where mayhem is better choice.

I understand h204 being available 24/7 is a slight positive but the way boxes are atm its very hard to run out of mayhem amps even if u grind constantly. Imo the price should be much lower than it is atm but current owners are trying to keep the price at old levels until they sell and with a low supply item like that they can do it, just remains to be seen if they can ever sell at that price anymore or just fill the forums with 30pages of bumps in sale threads.

Mayhem amps are close to if not better in pretty much every single way even at current inflated prices as far as top level hunters are concerned. The people who can maximise hc204 the best atm are mid level grinders on their way up whos grinding setup cant quite utilise the mayhem amps yet. Ofc players in that bracket arent going to pay 24k esp when they will eventually get to the point where mayhem is better choice.

I understand h204 being available 24/7 is a slight positive but the way boxes are atm its very hard to run out of mayhem amps even if u grind constantly. Imo the price should be much lower than it is atm but current owners are trying to keep the price at old levels until they sell and with a low supply item like that they can do it, just remains to be seen if they can ever sell at that price anymore or just fill the forums with 30pages of bumps in sale threads.

This is not true at all, with how much markup you're paying and the efficiency numbers on Mayhem amps they are not at all the best choice or "better in pretty much every single way" by any means for anything other than shared loot leeching, maximizing dps, and perhaps the fact that they provide lifesteal as well.

Any player who actually cares about hunting in an eco fashion would not use these while grinding at their current prices in the grand majority of cases, compared to using HC204.

shared loot leeching, maximizing dps, and perhaps the fact that they provide lifesteal as well..

What else is there in hunting atm other than share loot optimisation and maximising dps and survivability solo? Whilst also being almost as eco despite mu, very efficienct, not locking up $2400. not sure where hc204 is winning here :scratch2: there are still uses and benefits to hc204, but they are just weaps that cant hold mayhem amps properly, and having it in reserve for amp shortages is fine but not at current mu.

Tt return is very dependent on tt input now so I'm not sure the high markup of the mayhem amps is made up for by the increased dpp.

What else is there in hunting atm other than share loot optimisation and maximising dps and survivability solo? Whilst also being almost as eco despite mu, very efficienct, not locking up $2400. not sure where hc204 is winning here :scratch2: there are still uses and benefits to hc204, but they are just weaps that cant hold mayhem amps properly, and having it in reserve for amp shortages is fine but not at current mu.

I think you're thinking about this all wrong, Mayhem amps are basically an equivilent/alternative to paying markup on Damage Enhancers or paying markup on Neurostim-A or Hyperstims, they are a form of PED being input into your hunt that you will never see again and will directly hurt your returns as a result for the sake of being able to deal damage quicker.

HC204, however, is not. It's a permanent investment that allows you to hunt faster as well as more efficiently (except for a small handful of extremely high efficiency weapons) at no MU input once you have purchased it.

As far as what else is there in hunting other than trying to ruin shared loot and paying MU for damage enhancement? There's hunting high efficiency and getting 97-99% return rates and hunting mobs with 104-106% average MU and making some profit from playing smart and investing in the right tools. That's what these amps are for, and why they drive a high price.

....There's hunting high efficiency and getting 97-99% return rates and hunting mobs with 104-106% average MU and making some profit from playing smart and investing in the right tools. That's what these amps are for, and why they drive a high price.

This is where the HC204 has it's value. The issue at hand is that the values used to be based on a different hunting system, in which one could make consistent profit in the TT without regard to markup (or profit could be enhanced by focusing on higher markup mobs), and that is no longer the system we have. As Darkaruki has stated, today more reasonable to be getting small profit margins based on markup alone and therefor items like this are subject to a price overhaul based on it's new value.

Well yes i understand your point but the differences are very minimal (the extra dps means more looting events/cycle/mobs killed which covers the 20ped or w/e of mu you burn an hour on it assuming what you hunt is profitable), mayhem actually is better in a lot of spots (shared/high regen/events etc) and even in spots where its worse its barely worse (the difference between min and max effic is 7% so think of diff between 75 and 83 or w/e on an amp) , and that massively devalues the hc204 (and the devaluation of investment and high amount of time required to pay off by use now) are more reasons 204 isnt worth what it used to be. Its no coincidence that so many are for sale, one in auc for 20k sb.

Good discussion, thanks again!

GZ to Messi, looks like one sold over here recently for 27500

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?300927-tier-10-imk2-and-attachments-for-it

Grindy game, grindy item, gotta still be some grinders around that would see the value in an UL item :scratch2: I'm sure it will sell eventually.

I for one detest limited items and all the hassle of using them finding them, worrying about markup, availability, etc. I have always gone for the UL option for anything available, but thankfully I am not a poor min/maxing bean counter scraping buy for every pec either, I just depo and pay for stuff I want to play with. To each their own, that's what has made this a great game for so long :thumbup:

Hey

Maybe under 20k is realistic price

PS: dont belive all you see on forum or on MU history....specially on expensive items

I think current value is 22.5k - 25k.

But, wait a few months, and it'll be 30k.
Now people prefer the amps from event, but they're Limited items.
Not a huge amount are dropping from boxes, but enough for now ofcourse.
Then there's also those for sale with mayhem tokens, which will be going after mayhem event. But only 100 are available per type. 4 laser gun types. They'll be sold out soon in mayhem shop.

That'll result in prise raise on the (L) amps, which will make the HC204 a bit more interesting again, so HC204 will get a steady 25k then. But as soon as the (L) amps are all used up, I see HC204 go up to 30k again.

just my 2 cents, don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

I will speculate as a whole.. i dont see prices on UL items rising at all..

admittedly i dont stay on top of the uberish items,.. or their going rate all the time.. but i dont think there are many, or any items that would sell for more today, or two months from today, than they were purchased for, 6mo to a year ago.

mm, imk2, just to name a few, sitting on forums for months and months as it seems people are more willing to play with (L) items versus shelling out 10s of thousands of ped for UL stuffs

I will speculate as a whole.. i dont see prices on UL items rising at all..

admittedly i dont stay on top of the uberish items,.. or their going rate all the time.. but i dont think there are many, or any items that would sell for more today, or two months from today, than they were purchased for, 6mo to a year ago.

mm, imk2, just to name a few, sitting on forums for months and months as it seems people are more willing to play with (L) items versus shelling out 10s of thousands of ped for UL stuffs

6months ago some sold for 32-35k actually. more people were buying than selling at that moment.

so 30k is possible imo :) I think as soon as (L) amps are out of business, HC204 will go up.
There will be no more alternative for HC204, unless people swap to BLP, but that would also cost a lot to get new weapons & amps, and question is: will those people find what they're looking for? HC204 may be easier to achieve than a full switch to BLP

but then again, it's only a guess, only time will tell what's going to happen.

6months ago some sold for 32-35k actually. more people were buying than selling at that moment.

so 30k is possible imo :) I think as soon as (L) amps are out of business, HC204 will go up.
There will be no more alternative for HC204, unless people swap to BLP, but that would also cost a lot to get new weapons & amps, and question is: will those people find what they're looking for? HC204 may be easier to achieve than a full switch to BLP

but then again, it's only a guess, only time will tell what's going to happen.

Well did you actually witness the sales yourself? cus forum and auction is manipulated a lot and many sales arent real. The price might stop dropping (not because it should but because theres a decent sized gap til the next box event) but i dont think the price will rise, even if it levels out/stops dropping i doubt people will want invest 30k when they know value gonna tank when boxes return, any gains the amp makes would be nullified. Just my 2c

Well did you actually witness the sales yourself? cus forum and auction is manipulated a lot and many sales arent real. The price might stop dropping (not because it should but because theres a decent sized gap til the next box event) but i dont think the price will rise, even if it levels out/stops dropping i doubt people will want invest 30k when they know value gonna tank when boxes return, any gains the amp makes would be nullified. Just my 2c

People dont want to invest atm.
Burnt child fears the fire.
Its all about the future now, will you make good profits grinding now with loot skill system.?
Will MA kill the supply of boxes and amps in them?
Will Eco mindset rule again?

Atm there are many questions and buying a hc204 wont help you answer any of those.
When i bougth it i didnt think twice paying 14k for my 2nd 204.
Whys that? Because i KNEW it would save me 14 ped every broken amp and it did.

Now, i dont know if a 204 beats an 103 amp in terms of TT returns but what i do know is. I will never get back those 200 ped in MU on alpha amp.

Now, i dont know if a 204 beats an 103 amp in terms of TT returns but what i do know is. I will never get back those 200 ped in MU on alpha amp.
This!

Well did you actually witness the sales yourself?
As a matter of fact, yes, some of the buyers were my friends, 1 of them was myself, I've been looking for 1 for a long time and always came too late or too low with my bid.

The price might stop dropping (not because it should but because theres a decent sized gap til the next box event) but i dont think the price will rise, even if it levels out/stops dropping i doubt people will want invest 30k when they know value gonna tank when boxes return, any gains the amp makes would be nullified. Just my 2c
1. Let's see what migration brings, right? I'm pretty sure prises will rise during migration, as always.
2. Next "box event" won't change much either I think. Knowing MindArk's history, they won't refill the mayhem token trader anyway. So sold out = sold out, just like they did with the other token traders.

I think a major issue we currently have is there are simply too many items for the amount of players. Either ma needs to come up with a way to start purging items with upgrades or when an item is removed due to someone never logging back in, it needs to stay gone.

Or they need to figure out how to find more players for all these items.

Look at that lc-625 gleamer. We have what 4? More of those at the moment. Items are starting to outnumber players.

I think a major issue we currently have is there are simply too many items for the amount of players. Either ma needs to come up with a way to start purging items with upgrades or when an item is removed due to someone never logging back in, it needs to stay gone.

Or they need to figure out how to find more players for all these items.

Look at that lc-625 gleamer. We have what 4? More of those at the moment. Items are starting to outnumber players.

I don't think items are outnumbering players mate. Perhaps we have too many players for items to keep a high price tag, but perhaps that's not a mistake on MA's part?

Sold my amp for +20k, it was all I got for a decent bid. It's a perfect fit for the new owners situation. I've been trying to get a decent price for a while, the only interest was from lowballers. I didn't want to wait around for the next event, whatever that would be, I have already tried to sell over multiple events.

Good luck to new owner, and good luck to everyone else!

Anyone want to buy a IFF8k? :deal:

Instead of creating a new PC thread on the H204 I bump this one. I think there is a good discussion going on here, question is if it is still valid today?
What is the price in the Hypercharged 204 amp today?
Is it still better to use the limited Mayhem amps?
I have seen several H204 listed on auc for 30k with no takers so I guess the price is not back to 30k+

I’m interested as well as to what price point this is at. I’m willing to purchase one for a nice price.

Back