Question: New law by IRS.. Is Entropia now required on my tax return???

You got me, what can I say :(
aah the burn :(

But you did do that Google search I hope

But you did do that Google search I hope

I think what you mean is deductions. Not exceptions.
And the recent tax reform here in the US changes many things.

So certain previous IRS laws may no longer apply.

Medicine is nice too... so are roads and other public utilities...

Also, you know... not having to be jailed/executed for silly things like religion, sexual preference/orientation, having an opinion about your government, or just having an opinion at all i guess...

But you know... herp derp muh tuxus durrrrr hurr

Wait, so part of the justification for (a particular degree of) taxation is to not mass incarcerate/execute people? War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength?

Having a Bachelor's degree in (Dutch) tax law i've been very intrigued by this same question.
Even more interesting. Property tax!

If you have say 10 AUD's no tax inspector will bother, but if you own a LA, privateer and some nice hunting gear. It does become a substantial amount.
The same if you own a few thousand shares/deeds.

As far as i see. It depends on the tax. For property tax. It doesn't matter what your intent (hobby/business/investment) is. The amount matters.

For income tax. At least in the Netherlands. The source is important. Earning money by playing a game is not deemed a source of income (but that has a subjective component too, so it will change in time). So in basis i'd say that is untaxed.

HOFs...i'd definitely say those can be seen as gambling wins.

So a simple thing as a game ccan have quite a complex and interesting side effect. Can't wait 'till the first cases are fought over these questions.!!

Back