Help: Loot 2.0 Anomaly with NGL-1 hunting Puny Mobs

Ze-Jo

Guardian
Goki Minefield - Mission mobs + Narc & Nik
Society
Freelancer
Ze T'Raider Jo
Took some time to try hunting Puny mobs on Cyrene with my NGL-1.
Did a 1 hour hunt test, TT returns unusually low - seemed around 50% or so.

Tested on Arkadia - better hunt tracking since I knew to expect problems.
2018-04-04 Carabok: NGL-1 decay+ammo = 46.9 PED, Loot 28.3 PED. Ratio: ~60%
I contacted support and they said I have a 92% return on Carabok.

I suppose they are including the returns prior to Loot 2.0 when I completed the full Carabok mission chain since otherwise I can't resolve the descrepancy between my current returns @ 60% and support's statement of 92%. It's worth noting here that since MA made changes to the calculations for loot, all data prior to Loot 2.0 is invalid for determing my current rate-of-return.

During the hunt, I maintain a mob ball so the shots are seldom/never Null damage.

Has anyone else with the NGL-1 observed these low returns using NGL-1 on Puny mobs?
Please post your current hunt results to help build a consensus.

See following post by 'schneiw' for an example of a relevant reply that provides useful information from prior and current hunt results.

~~~~~
Note: Our team has completed the Puny mob hunts on Carabok, Gallard, Arkadian Hornet, Monura Male, Monura Female & Tabtab. That's around 200K mobs using NGL-1. All prior to Loot 2.0 This is the first hunting attempt with NGL-1 since Loot 2.0

Without doing up all the math, I would tend to agree that our prior loot returns have been in the expected normal range 90%+.

Last edited:
Hi

In 2016 I used to do 12-16 hours per day hunts with NGL in a team. I also did this solo on Pleaks on Cyrene. 100% of those runs were TT positive runs of around 102-105% (including enhancer breakages). This was all prior to Loot 2.0 with either 10 Eco enhancers/10 Crit enhancers or a combo of these, with Aug Ares.

After loot 2.0, the terrible Efficiency rating on the weapon kicked in, along with loot based on cost algorithm, hence nullifying the enhancers and Ares ring. Return dropped to 50-60%. I also tried with no enhancers with the same results. On these post 2.0 runs the longest I could endure was 6 hours before seeing the new loot meta and deciding that is was not worth it anymore.

On a positive note, the NGL makes a great doorstop now :rolleyes:

Even taking into account efficiency, 60% seems low given that efficiency is only supposed to account for 7% of loot value.

you cycled 45 ped gee-willakers that must have starved your family

you cycled 45 ped gee-willakers that must have starved your family

Well 45ped on a 10hp animal I feel should be enough of a sample BUT this is EU so it's not.

It's like MA's forgotten years ago that players hunting 10hp animals don't have 100's of peds and that people hunting 100hp mobs don't have 1000's.

In the end it depends on your buffer, if you have 1000ped available for puny hunting then you could keep going and wait for an upswing but you should probably have stopped that day.

Well 45ped on a 10hp animal I feel should be enough of a sample BUT this is EU so it's not.
Even on punies it's just 1 single run.
Doesn't mean anything.

It's like MA's forgotten years ago that players hunting 10hp animals don't have 100's of peds and that people hunting 100hp mobs don't have 1000's.

In the end it depends on your buffer, if you have 1000ped available for puny hunting then you could keep going and wait for an upswing but you should probably have stopped that day.

hahaha nice to see im still in your signature :)

Ngl is a pain in the a$s to use outside of solo instance since it causes mob to go unreachable as the swarm attacks...

Good way to agro many mob at once though... great for mob train startin

The bar instance on Rocktropia behind the bank is really the easiest place to use it to skill up if you want since it's a solo instance. Just a bit annoying since you have that timer at the beginning before it starts. Loot there sucks, but for skilling on ngl it's the best location in game I've found so far... about 10 clicks and instance is done with all 3 waves. Each troll has about 5 health or so I think.

Last edited:
Maybe try the same thing with a skildek lancehead which has much higher efficiency but similar dmg (and smaller radius), to see if there is any difference.

My returns were about 50-60% too, but I have hunted Vixens and human mobs on Rock.

I did the same on aurli with imk2 not too long ago and was a long way off the theoretical 98%

It is possible that this guys looter profeesion sux too, and MA pay have adjusted loot payoffs accordingly with the recetn update

Also NGL is a complete piece of shit, stop using it.

There is another team of NGL users than the boomers? GOLDEN rule is dont talk about the NGL.

Your only doing harm with this post to the other users tgat still know how to use it properly.

So theres "teams" of people that were farming tt profit on punys with ngl and now it doesnt work?

Missed (user missed) shots still sink ammo on these guns, right?

TT profit with such a horrible eco weapon on such an easy to overkill mob should not be possible anyway. So it seems they finally fixed it ?

Back