Suggestion: A solution to wrong auction offers that cause enormous losses of money to players.

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hallo Friends :)

This time the problem to solve is the unpleasant problem of wrong auction offers that cause enormous losses of money to players.
E.G. - By pure distraction, a player sells by auction 10 Calypso Land Deeds, but at the price of 1 Calypso Land Deed (so let's say 1920 ped, instead of 19200 ped).

This is a recurrent, huge problem, that also may affect very badly the life of the player involved :
it's not hard to imagine how a player may feel after an unwanted money loss of that kind, caused by pure distraction/stress.

Also I easily guess that many players have stopped playing for the extreme frustration and sadness caused by these errors.

Solution. The creation of a new Option in the Option Menu, "the Auction Emergency Countdown" :
if this option is activated by the player, "the Auction Emergency Countdown" starts a 60 second countdown that let the player delete a newly created auction before it's displayed to other players, by paying a penalty fee of 10 ped if the auction is deleted.

(Here I have added new features to an idea that has been proposed in the past : new features like a 10 ped penalty fee, and the possibility to deactivate/activate this new Option in the Option Menu).

This is a reasonable, human solution to a problem that truly may ruin mood, and even life, of people.
I think that MindArk's reputation would greatly benefit by the implementation of this solution.

Paul

Last edited:
assuming Mindark could code something like that, it'd be swell. History tells us that they may not have the programming capabilities to do it right, if they attempt to do it?

This should have been added a long time ago and it needs to be free, a one minute countdown before the auction is live would be very good, also why not have it on offers also, when you make a bid you will have one minute to withdraw that bid.

This should have been added a long time ago and it needs to be free
Heh, i would like a 0 fee too; just i have introduced a 10 ped fee because it increases a lot the probability that MindArk will implement this solution :
if MindArk too has a gain opportunity, it's more likely that they will implement the idea :) .

And anyway, about increased incomes for MindArk, let's not forget that another reason for MindArk to implement the "Auction Emergency Countdown" is that it will positively impact the mood and life of players,

also reducing the number of quitters due to the enormous frustration generated by big money losses for unwanted wrong auction offers.

why not have it on offers also, when you make a bid you will have one minute to withdraw that bid
Yes, and this also will add another gain opportunity for MindArk (another 10 ped fee :)).

Paul

You list several reasons to implement it even as a free service and as i see it it should have been added years ago, even without taking a fee MA saves time for support personnel and that is money for them.

Heh, i would like a 0 fee too; just i have introduced a 10 ped fee because it increases a lot the probability that MindArk will implement this solution :
if MindArk too has a gain opportunity, it's more likely that they will implement the idea :) .

And anyway, about increased incomes for MindArk, let's not forget that another reason for MindArk to implement the "Auction Emergency Countdown" is that it will positively impact the mood and life of players,

also reducing the number of quitters due to the enormous frustration generated by big money losses for unwanted wrong auction offers.

Yes, and this also will add another gain opportunity for MindArk (another 10 ped fee :)).

Paul

This system would still only prevent mistakes if the person actually bothers to check if they did a mistake, which you already can during the first 2 windows of creating an auction

You know the feeling when you leave your home and within the first minute you get unsure if you locked the door, you go back and check that the door is locked and if it isn't you of course lock it, this would give that opportunity.

This system would still only prevent mistakes if the person actually bothers to check if they did a mistake, which you already can during the first 2 windows of creating an auction

Sadly there are some bugs with the auction system...some with open windows,offer system and reserved amount etc....

This one is sadly mostly a players "understanding" issue,not really a bug...if you sell something to auc/order you sell at the total price NOT the price per piece...

BUT a SEPARETE/ADDITIONAL window with the TOTAL SUM in this case (with blinking letters..lol)would help i guess....

kinda read about those "sells" in like 5-10 stories (aud,cld,ship deed) etc within the last yrs...

First of all, this needs to be implemented without any form of cost to take it down, imagine not having any PED leftover on your PED-card after putting up the auction, then seeing it's been put up by mistake.

Second it needs a longer timeframe then a minute. Instead of listing an item immediately (which isn't important in any manner after all), make it only list after 5 or 10 minutes, this amount of time isn't rushing anyone and solves many problems.

Besides that, absolutely! Mandatory system actually since it's about real life money here, not simply in-game currency of a random game.

What would maybe be a nice option is that you have 10 min to cancel your auction sale before it get put on auction.
That way you have time to review it and still have option to cancel, after 10 minutes it is put on auction automatically if not canceled.

Back