Question: Question over the Eviscerator Iron Challenge V reward

DistantSun

Old Alpha
Society
The Ancients
Adrian DistantSun Jones
Hi all,

Being about a third of the way though the Eviscerator Iron Challenge V (Kill 10,000 Eviscerator) mission chain I started thinking about the mission reward:

The reward options are:
  1. Strength (250 Tokens) and Rifle (eq. 45.44 PED implant)
  2. Strength (250 Tokens) and Handgun (eq. 45.44 PED implant)
  3. Strength (250 Tokens) and Combat Reflexes (eq. 45.44 PED implant)
  4. Rifle (eq. 109.50 PED implant)
  5. Handgun (eq. 109.50 PED implant)
  6. Combat Reflexes (eq. 109.50 PED implant)

Being that I am mainly using Handgun I was thinking that number 5 would be the best to choose.
But then I got to thinking number 6 could be better as it offers more rounded increases to combat skills.

So my question is, what would you do and why?
Or, if you have already finished the chain what did you do and why?

Side comment, pitty the Easter Mayhem mobs didnt count towards the mission chain :(

Cheers in advance for your answers, comments and suggestions.

DS

1, 2 and 3 I didn't even think about getting, I never get attribute tokens unless the other rewards totally suck.

When I completed all my evis I think I got Combat Reflexes because it gives evade/dodge + all hit + some tiny hp. I was using rifle back then but now I'm using more handgun, I like being versatile and using one weapon type exclusively could be a problem sooner or later.

That said, if for some reason you are very close to a good skill unlock and that handgun reward would unlock it for you then maybe you want to take it.

In your situation I'd take option 2.

You can buy skills you cant buy attributes, they are earned, and very hard to increase after 80.

And after 80 is when I'd recommend you use them.

Attributes are often considered very important, because they cannot be bought.
Some strength raises some hp and other things I believe.
I'd go for nr2

Although there is definitely a strong case for taking the attributes for the long run I'd personally take #6 for the balanced skill gain and evade/dodger contribution.

4 and 5 are good too though to push those weapon types harder if that's what you're after.

The only attribute I take is stamina, since it's the only source and I don't want to potentially miss out on something useful from stamina in future. So 1-3 is out of question.

I also don't take narrowly specialized skills like Rifle, Longblades etc because today you use handguns but who knows what you will like in a couple of years from now? Unless the alternatives are something like explosives or translocation.

For the rest my priorities go like this: skills that go into Evader > skills that go into hp > general skills > the biggest size. So for me it unquestionably would be the 6 even if it was 1/3 of the size of others.

I know many say and will say dont take atributes but for the longer game plan that is exactly what u would need to take.

General combat skills like handgun and rifle are useless. Those are skills that are super easy to get. If you will be playing for next couple of years then those will be skills that will reach 20k skill points first before the others.
Never take handgun, rifle, lwt, blp, anatomy and the like. Combat reflexes is a good option thou. As pointed out earlier.

Atributes? Well when u get into the game more serious you will realise that 100ped tt of handgun or even combat reflexes mean nothing. Like for example at my current skill level 250 strength tokens give more hp than 100ped tt of handgun or rifle would give. And atributes close to/above 100 is super hard to skill naturally. Also at certain level 250 strength will give more to your swordsman/knifefighter proffesion than 100ped tt of longblades or shortblades would give. That said if you decide to take atribute tokens dont use them right away, skill up naturally before you use tokens.

Also another thing is bragging rights. If you wanna stand out when people scan you then having nice atributes is deffo ++ to your bragging rights :D

When i did the mission i took atributes + combat reflexes. I still think i did the right choice.
I have over 10k combat reflexes if i remember correctly and ~450k total skills (90% combat related), just so you know this is a not an advice from some noob.

Cheers
/Soko

You can buy skills you cant buy attributes

Attributes are often considered very important, because they cannot be bought.

And that which cannot be bought in this game, can not be sold. :wise:

Choose 1 or 2 if you want attributes you can never sell.

Choose 5 or 6, based on your comments about your goals/current hunting style.

Back