FYI: Ignis constantly go into the ground while in combat.

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Hunting these bugs is pretty buggy, haven't really experienced these problems with Diripi or Pupugi much at all but maybe it has to do specifically with this area? Either way, something needs to be looked at here, this problem has been around for way too long.

I reported this bug somewhat recently but it has been around for a ridiculous amount of time, and of course it's still unfixed so I'll just give it a bump real quick.

And I still saw this happening with other flying mobs, not just Ignis. Hiryuu were doing it too, about a month ago.

I tried igni once and won't return unless something is done about this.

p.s. as for hiryuu, they come out of ground if you make a few steps back; for igni it doesn't help.

I tried igni once and won't return unless something is done about this.

p.s. as for hiryuu, they come out of ground if you make a few steps back; for igni it doesn't help.

I don't think that's always the case. I always backpedal when hunting and when I was doing a Hiryuu daily recently, some of them did not come out of the ground until they were on me.

I don't think that's always the case. I always backpedal when hunting and when I was doing a Hiryuu daily recently, some of them did not come out of the ground until they were on me.

It might of course be an issue with the area or the way the spawn is configured. I've also noticed that in some areas (e.g. East Scylla) hiryuu fly well above 60m high, while in others (e.g. Nymphtown) they don't go higher than ~10m.

This was observed in 2 places; one was the bare scrub-land island close to Fort Victoria, and the other I can't remember exactly...but there was lots of vegetation and trees, making it hard to see and even target the ground-swimming Hiryuu.

This was observed in 2 places; one was the bare scrub-land island close to Fort Victoria, and the other I can't remember exactly...but there was lots of vegetation and trees, making it hard to see and even target the ground-swimming Hiryuu.

I've definitely experienced this with Hiryuu as well, just a lot less than with these Igni where the issue is just terrible.

One of the reasons I stopped doing dailies...

this bug is still around and pretty obnoxious

Just checked, still happening, keep in mind this also affects some other flying mobs in certain areas.

Bug is there.

And Gokibusagi still drowns in heel high water in the swamp - even in the Gokibusagi wave event area it can happen. Annoying.

Found this Diripi chilling underground in the Traeskeron spawn W of Fort Victoria.

SLUXu8x.jpg

Regarding the Gokibusagi drowning, yeah, that's definitely an issue/annoyance with the Gokibusagi wave event, it should be looked at.

I looked to re-create the similar drowning issue with Traeskeron but wasn't able to, it's possible they've touched up their "breathing hitbox", not sure.

To solve this and all other issues where avatars or mobs either go through ground or get stuck I guess they have to rewrite entire system for physics, collision, position and preload of objects.
Boring thing with MA is that they seem to develop most things with an absolute minimum of code to get things
going just in a very basic way.

To solve this and all other issues where avatars or mobs either go through ground or get stuck I guess they have to rewrite entire system for physics, collision, position and preload of objects.
Boring thing with MA is that they seem to develop most things with an absolute minimum of code to get things
going just in a very basic way.

but but then we will loose our Michael Jackson creatures dancing around us as we kill them

The insect bug is annoying, but with some jumping around the insects are killable.

The drowning on the other hand is a potential ped drainer. If 5 out of 100 mobs drown mid-shooting, that's a potential 5 % lower return.

It can be circumvented by using a high DPS gun (kill in <5 secs - the mob uses up to 10 sec to drown), but that'd make the swamp restricted to level 35+

The insect bug is annoying, but with some jumping around the insects are killable.

The drowning on the other hand is a potential ped drainer. If 5 out of 100 mobs drown mid-shooting, that's a potential 5 % lower return.

It can be circumvented by using a high DPS gun (kill in <5 secs - the mob uses up to 10 sec to drown), but that'd make the swamp restricted to level 35+

Drowning in shallow water is also a problem with Feffoids (west of Fort Fury) and Tripudions (near Orthos Oilfield).
Happens much to often !

issue is still around

Back