Stage 2 Puzzle

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
You just click the blood wurm on the floor in the room with the ice blast before it kills you (just drag the bar out for the worm, wait for the blast, click it and run) and put it on the bonfire... not even a puzzle.

Best part, you don't even need to burn the thing, just click the laptop without doing the puzzle and it doesn't even kill you. MA didn't even set it up correctly.

I'm holding out hope that MA will disqualify anyone who got the laptop without burning the worm. Otherwise, this was just a contest to see who's 8/8 quest completed quickly. (Mine took 30 minutes of killing snarksnots to finish but someone was under 2 minutes)

What is it with people who don't understand fairly simple things even after others make the same error and have been corrected (see stage 1 complaints)? ... nothing personal here, really, just flagging this up again.

The competition part is about the FIRST SIX people or so to finish each stage and the FIRST person overall to finish all three stages. Any other finishers are irrelevant. Heck, MA might as well publish spoilers themselves if it saves people time. After all, time on a puzzle is time not spending peds, so unless there is a massive spend of peds people are avoiding, MA should be happy about any short cuts taken after the official race has been run!

About getting the key parts themselves: I think it is stupid to have it as random as it appears to be. I got one part in my first kill for one bit of stage one, so luck may be by far the biggest factor in finishing times for those in there right at the start for 7 hours of intermittent waiting and potentially 5 minute tasks or so (plus luck rather than skill potentially on the puzzle itself?)

Yes it seems that fragment missions are random + you get fragment on random loot event, it may be your first or your 20th. So it a matter of luck what you get on 8th fragment and on which loot event you actually get that fragment. I got stages when I got lyst&oil mission and got fragment on first claim - literally i just run outside camp icarus safe zone, probably less than a minute. Or you can get snarksnot hunting mission and get fragment on 20th kill while competing with other hunters for mobs :laugh: For me this event is ability to be online + pure luck on 8th mission. But still worth doing for speed buff alone.

Wondering what they will ask us to hunt on stage3. If they want that 50k ped back in decay, they have to ask for something bigger than punies or 80HP mobs.

Wondering what they will ask us to hunt on stage3. If they want that 50k ped back in decay, they have to ask for something bigger than punies or 80HP mobs.

Yes, at least it is not only MA that use the tactic of suckering people in with a 'loss-leader' and hope they will continue on to a very much more costly finish.
To be fair:
A: we haven't seen what the average costs of stage 3 will be,
B: I'm happy with the completion rewards for each stage anyway, regardless of whether I finish for the final reward or not, so this is way way way better than some of the plot-building or similiar chains they have introduced!
:)

I'm holding out hope that MA will disqualify anyone who got the laptop without burning the worm. Otherwise, this was just a contest to see who's 8/8 quest completed quickly. (Mine took 30 minutes of killing snarksnots to finish but someone was under 2 minutes)

But the timer for picking up the next fragment mission starts the moment you pick up the mission, not when you complete it, there is no difference between taking 50 minutes or 10 minutes to complete your fragment mission.

But the timer for picking up the next fragment mission starts the moment you pick up the mission, not when you complete it, there is no difference between taking 50 minutes or 10 minutes to complete your fragment mission.

well, firstly, bobbyjoe said " ... this was just a contest to see who's 8/8 quest completed quickly." That would be true going on what you appear to say, as it requires luck simply on the last task (note his singular use of 'quest') and then you go into the cave right away.

Secondly, I think they have changed things now, as I had to wait a full hour after returning to the NPC each time, not 1 hour from getting the task. So now there is indeed luck across all the tasks, if anyone would like to confirm that this has now changed. :)

Secondly, I think they have changed things now, as I had to wait a full hour after returning to the NPC each time, not 1 hour from getting the task.

This is not the case. I picked a task in the morning, logged off, did some house chores, went to the local grocery, came back, logged in, did the task, went to the NPC, and I was able to get the next one right away.

This is not the case. I picked a task in the morning, logged off, did some house chores, went to the local grocery, came back, logged in, did the task, went to the NPC, and I was able to get the next one right away.

I can confirm this as well, it very obviously works as it did on stage 1 and there is no such RNG race since most tasks can be completed within a few minutes very easily.

I can confirm this as well, it very obviously works as it did on stage 1 and there is no such RNG race since most tasks can be completed within a few minutes very easily.

Ok, thanks guys. Not sure what happened with the timer on one run I noticed then, when I had to do about 150 mobs. I went back, handed in, and then had to wait a full hour (60 mins) after that. It also wasn't on the full hour :)00), either, which was mentioned in the stage one thread, so who knows... :)
I just got another 1 kill success, by the way, so it's either the date today or luck is having a laugh in both directions!

Ok, thanks guys. Not sure what happened with the timer on one run I noticed then, when I had to do about 150 mobs. I went back, handed in, and then had to wait a full hour (60 mins) after that. It also wasn't on the full hour :)00), either, which was mentioned in the stage one thread, so who knows... :)
I just got another 1 kill success, by the way, so it's either the date today or luck is having a laugh in both directions!

i had a glitch in the last run, where she was blue ! and suddenly went yellow ?. at that point i the msg chat popped up but i accidently closed it. i was locked out for an hour

i had a glitch in the last run, where she was blue ! and suddenly went yellow ?. at that point i the msg chat popped up but i accidently closed it. i was locked out for an hour

hmm, another potentially frustrating situation if you are seriously competing then...

On a side note, my tongue-in-cheek question for pet owners: When do pets get a really high priority?
A: when logging in at a highly crowded place, pets are the first to appear, with avatars and npcs following with considerable lag! Yay to the importance of pets! (or give npcs some kind of 'pet status' MA ;) )

On a side note, my tongue-in-cheek question for pet owners: When do pets get a really high priority?
A: when logging in at a highly crowded place, pets are the first to appear, with avatars and npcs following with considerable lag! Yay to the importance of pets! (or give npcs some kind of 'pet status' MA ;) )

MA is pet friendly company :p

Hotkey select next target and operate

Remove any targets selected

Stand on top of her position

Use Select next target, should target the NPC

Use Operate

You just click the blood wurm on the floor in the room with the ice blast before it kills you (just drag the bar out for the worm, wait for the blast, click it and run) and put it on the bonfire... not even a puzzle.

Best part, you don't even need to burn the thing, just click the laptop without doing the puzzle and it doesn't even kill you. MA didn't even set it up correctly.

Cheating is fine, events prove that.

If you do Enigma "by the book" you aint going to win.

It's sad they can't do a single thing without bugs/exploits. All the steam is spent on side projects. I hope new CEO gets the boot after the coin fiasko.

hmm, another potentially frustrating situation if you are seriously competing then...

This is more a technical problem, how the engine will spawn object's like avatars, NPC's, Pet' and AI. This maybe can not be handled easy by some writing of code, about this is a core system of the engine, and the engine it self choose, what get spawned first, if you trigger the engine to respawn things, like it even hapen by tp to a place.
Everything need to be loaded first, before it get showed up. But the order how this happen is deep into the core engine code.

I ran thru the cave, didn't see any worm, then spotted the laptop so obviously I clicked it. So now you think I should be disqualified? :laugh:

I ran thru the cave, didn't see any worm, then spotted the laptop so obviously I clicked it. So now you think I should be disqualified? :laugh:

Yeah I am not sure where this comes from.

1st thing you hear inside the cave is an audible clue that an explosion is on a timer. Sure enough, there is an explosion that is timed that you need to beat. Whatever the worm was I am not sure,I never saw it, but I assume it was something to modify the timer, if you couldn't figure it was timed.

I suppose by that same logic, everyone who failed to shoot the crystals on the ceiling in the 1st mission cheated as well. Even though all you had to do was check each box one at a time and map it.

Just because they added extra clues for people does not mean they are needed.

Well given that the text on the key itself talks about a sacrifice, not using the worm should have prevented the player from clicking the laptop. I ran through aswell first time, I saw the laptop is clickable, clicked it and got mission checked. Then I clicked the bonfire and spent a few minutes to do the thing "properly".

I am disappointed it was so easy and I am disappointed it was so broken.

I am sorry to say, but MA used so far completely illegitimate the "ready player one" pull. This is like some random clown in tinfoil would pretend is Michael Jackson. Instead of some epic mission for months, with quests, clues and game knowledge used, we have a bullshit competition of who can stay logged in more.

Very disappointed so far.

Well given that the text on the key itself talks about a sacrifice, not using the worm should have prevented the player from clicking the laptop. I ran through aswell first time, I saw the laptop is clickable, clicked it and got mission checked. Then I clicked the bonfire and spent a few minutes to do the thing "properly".

I am sorry to say, but MA used so far completely illegitimate the "ready player one" pull. This is like some random clown in tinfoil would pretend is Michael Jackson. Instead of some epic mission for months, with quests, clues and game knowledge used, we have a bullshit competition of who can stay logged in more.

I'm realy disapointed too. Why we need to wait 1h to get the next mission task? It make no sense to me. But the most bad thing, after task 8, if you dont get mining fast or hunt, you dont have a chance to win. Why it need 8 task, if only task 8 is the most important task.

It should also calculate the time, you had for every single task, to be more fair. And please, if task 8 is most important to be fast, why the hell not everyone get the same task, so all have the same chance.

Next time just make a lottery, if you want have this kind of event to give the prize to a random lucky player.
Events like this dont only need a good promotion, it need to think about the event and a good plan! Both failed here.

... I thought it was just a timing thing. I didn't even know there was more than running in between blasts. They really should have a solid door that won't open until the puzzle is completed...

... I thought it was just a timing thing. I didn't even know there was more than running in between blasts. They really should have a solid door that won't open until the puzzle is completed...

This is exactly what I thought too.

There is an expression in German about being embarrassed because of somebody else's actions - Fremdschämen. The face palm meme is one way in which people are now able to let it out. I've bolded the bit of your post I really, really like. It's a great analogy!

If we had ways to introduce our own stuff into EU, I'd suggest we did a collective 'face palm dance dressed up in tinfoil' in front of the npc and videoed it as 'publicity' for the wonderful face-palming which is possible in EU.

Try not to be disappointed, but laugh a little with the rest of us.
Who knows - in a few years' time we may be able to design our own little instance events. Needless to say that they will be a step up :yay:

1st thing you hear inside the cave is an audible clue that an explosion is on a timer. Sure enough, there is an explosion that is timed that you need to beat. Whatever the worm was I am not sure,I never saw it, but I assume it was something to modify the timer, if you couldn't figure it was timed.

Did the same. Heard and saw the explosion and was running fast enough to the next room.

Well given that the text on the key itself talks about a sacrifice, not using the worm should have prevented the player from clicking the laptop.

That was maybe also MA´s plan. I for one just clicked on the bonefire before i clicked the laptop and got the message for sacrificing. (Wasn´t sure what I did sacrificed there, but well)

I'm realy disapointed too. Why we need to wait 1h to get the next mission task? It make no sense to me. But the most bad thing, after task 8, if you dont get mining fast or hunt, you dont have a chance to win. Why it need 8 task, if only task 8 is the most important task.

Pretty agree here. I don´t see the reason for the stages before with the waiting time. I would understand if you go through them without the 1h waiting and maybe even have some more enigmas on this 8 stages.
As it is right now they just could start with the enigma itself and safe us time.

MA may have put in the wait time to encourage people to work on missions, or do something instead of standing around Camp Icarus waiting for the hour to be up.

Tip for you guys... hunt bigger maturity mobs, they are far more likely to drop fragments than youngs.

What is it with people who don't understand fairly simple things even after others make the same error and have been corrected

Ya, so I posted that long before the stage 2 results were out. I dunno maybe you thought I was worried only about the final result? Either way, MA usually vets that kind of result before posting it so I was hoping this would happen for the stage 2 result.

Maybe it wouldn't help my personal standings but it's painful after wasting 8 hours of my life on this to think that 6 people ran over and clicked the laptop and they're the "winners" and none of them even solved the ridiculous 30 second puzzle correctly.

I'm not sure how many "winners" of phase 1 actually solved the puzzle without using H-DNA to cheat, but I'd like to think it was at least 1 player.

Last edited:
Tip for you guys... hunt bigger maturity mobs, they are far more likely to drop fragments than youngs.

I totally agree - i did smal merps first and had to kill about 50 then the second time I did big merps and got the fragment on number 7, same thing happened last time on the argonauts

Tried Stage 2 today and the sacrifice is now needed before you can touch the laptop.

The interval timer is operating at 5 seconds which does not seem (for me) long enough to pick up the worm and move away, even using a 20% speed buff.

And of course it helps waiting 80 seconds for revive :/

I'm disappointed its so un-playable.

EDIT: Stacked speed buffs to 43% and completed. How are new players supposed to finish this :(

Dirk

Last edited:
Back