Question about event registration.

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Hey all,

I have a question to any current or former land area owners and event promoters. I keep seeing all these threads in which a land area owner will run their own event (ie not using the ingame acute event system) and require registration on the thread.
Having now run an event myself for several months, I never saw a need to make people register for it. I see it as an unnecessary hassle requiring extra man-hours from both participants and event managers with no benefit. Am I missing something? Is there an automated registration or tracking system? Is there any purpose to event registration?
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Very respectfully,

- Captain Jack

events only cost ped to create so better create your own events with times and such and manually handle out event prices.

works with higest single loot, very hard to calculate total loot but none uses that anyways.

Save peds and create your own events without the ingame event shenanigans!

events only cost ped to create so better create your own events with times and such and manually handle out event prices.

works with higest single loot, very hard to calculate total loot but none uses that anyways.

Save peds and create your own events without the ingame event shenanigans!

I believe you are referring to the ingame system, I'm asking about private events like my "Hunt for Markup and Win AUDs" event, which functions differently than the ingame event system.

i guess to make people preregister is to stop the hunter who hunts there, gets some globals and then spots the contest days/weeks/months later and then asks for ped.

It Costs 5k ped to activate global tracking.

I didnt have it, so I asked for screenshots.

If your la does have global tracking, then there is no reason, besides the owner not wanting to payout all globals

It just means you don't have to be concerned with (or pay) people who get globals etc without even being aware of your event. I suppose there might also be a more psychological reason to do with people being more likely to take part having said they are interested in doing so, but you'd have to ask someone with a PhD in the field or something :D

Few reasons I can think of:

- Way to have people bump thread for publicity

- By having action of registering it shows interest in actually doing event and it may encourage person/team to look closer at prizes and continue

- If teams are allowed then need to understand who is team leader to save argument about who to pay prize to

- Random people might not register so no need to pay them

- Not certain but for some plugin feature on EntropiaLife maybe need to manually enter to start counting (Akoz event)?

For my events it was mainly for publicity and teams. Actually found quite a few people didn't like the step of having to register. So that's why last event I did I only made it that teams had to register and just included everyone as participants.

Last edited:
I don't get it either tbh.

The other problem with those thread based events is that its easier for the landowner to come up with excuse to not pay out the big payout they advertise all over the place to hook people in.

Chiees lands are one example I had problem with this, entered some ambu event (thru in-game ticket purchase) got big 1k+ HOF for the "bonus" prize, and they refused to pay the bonus because I didn't actually register on thread. (why double registration should ever be needed I'll never know :))

So...beware with those. I don't even bother anymore to hunt land areas with those kinds of events after that, which is just a shame for the land owners ultimately.

I don't get it either tbh.

The other problem with those thread based events is that its easier for the landowner to come up with excuse to not pay out the big payout they advertise all over the place to hook people in.

Chiees lands are one example I had problem with this, entered some ambu event (thru in-game ticket purchase) got big 1k+ HOF for the "bonus" prize, and they refused to pay the bonus because I didn't actually register on thread. (why double registration should ever be needed I'll never know :))

So...beware with those. I don't even bother anymore to hunt land areas with those kinds of events after that, which is just a shame for the land owners ultimately.

Well anyone whos been ingame for a while is familiar with the practices of chiee, but yeh I assume the reason for this is just the same reason so many companies offer new customer rewards, to attract new players to LA without having to reward those already there.

Back