Unique Suggestion for Weapons or Tools

BabyOxide

Guardian
Custom Built Weapons

- possible upper / lower damage limit
- possible affect of range / hit / speed

- After reaching a certain level of crafting, 20, 40, 60, 80 , 100
- ability to build custom weapons base on dps / dmg level

how is damage, speed , hit etc affected?
- base on the values of raw components

need to revamp a lot of raw components or make new ones, and from lootables
- add generic stat values ,
- add possible types

example:
- atrox fangs = melee
- some new loot, er snableshot snout maybe = range, gun
- animal oil residue, low quality durability
- metal residue , high quality durability
- venom, add special stats , DOTs or increase attack speed
- different materials different rating / values, eyc
- Snouts: maybe add 1 dmg per 10 units
- beaks : maybe add 0.5 dmg per 10 units
- claws , plugs, frames, wood, etc etc etc
- frame and residue : maybe adds to durability etc
- different components adds to range

Craft Window with pockets and slots
- slot 1 frame, (some thing like broken scorpion)
- slot 2 type, (snout)
- slot 3 damage, (like paint cans, quantity of loot derives up to max damage), eg. 50 snouts = 25 dmg to 50 dmg
- slot 4 range, (snout, maybe 30 meters, daikiba trunk, maybe 50 meters, metal tube maybe 100 meters)
- slot 5 attack speed ( 10 venom cartridge = 10 speed, 50 high grade spinners (made up), = 50 speed
- slot 6 ammo type
- slot 7 specials
- slot 8 others
- slot 9 more others
- slot 10 more ideas
- ul slot (special token to make item unlimited )
- design can be converted to a blueprint with another special token
- eco ness or damage per pec is depended on the type of material used

design,
- custom player uploaded
- choose from pre loaded / pre existing skins
- colors, texture as per existing system

Comments ?

id simply say, allow the player to adjust the weapon, assuming they are the max level for the weapon plus...lets say...5 levels.... you can adjust it by 10% for range, damage, speed etc, but at a cost of lowering the eco of the weapon by half the amount you adjusted it or something like that.

with a complete total adjustment of up to 10% combined, so 5% range 5% damage.

or 10% damage.... but you lose 5% eco.

however, increasing the damage does not count as its base damage per how amps work....

so lets say you have a weapon that's 23 max damage so you adjust it to go to 24 damage, you then still cant add the 12 dmg amp for a perfect fit. it will still counts as 23, therefor you lose 1 dmg eco, on top of the decreased eco from the adjustment.... or that could be a feature... to allow amps to then perfect fit... im not sure.

to directly answer your post, creating unlimited types of different weapons could be troublesome, however could work, but the game would be completely overhauled at that point.

lol I don't think any one dares to comment any more

reasons maybe included but not limited to:

- each new content release = loot gets worse
- ma probably cant and wont entertain any suggestions because there is no money to be made in it
- many have tried and many have fail to get any results

but it was worth a shot

to directly answer your post, creating unlimited types of different weapons could be troublesome, however could work, but the game would be completely overhauled at that point.

nah the game platform is pretty modular
you can add stuff in

the base system will still be the same
decay dmg everything else will still be base on the original variables that currently exists

the only thing that changed is the ability to create custom weapons

the preset variables and label names already exists on current weapons INCLUDING the new dps label

all the new craft module does is use loot that crafters inputs to determine the stats of the weapons

once that's done, the stats of the weapon wont be different from what we already have

your idea would also work, but it will have to be made in a modular crafting module , but once crafted / modded , the values will be fix,

adding the ablity to change the values on the fly may be a little harder then just creating a craft module

the module just needs to
gets values of all the ingredients added together
set the min dmg and max dmg, and any other existing vairables
write entries into the weapons database

bingo 1 new weapon created

I can see a issue with this is that the database will get bigger and bigger as more and more custom weapons are created

another issue is the database for these weapons technically exist in every client
all the server does is process the id of the weapon and the player sees the 3d model

having custom weapons, means that the server will have to keep pushing new updates to the client on the fly..

This system you are talking about is pretty much already in the game...

The ArMatrix is a good example and remember those were added very recently, so you can probably imagine that they are going down that route in the future if they are adding more BPs.

the main issue with making a system like what you are saying is that it creates massive issues with scamming.

For example: Selling Jester D-1 with 50DPS/50attack speed) person doesn't check it properly and the guy scams you, scammed person sends in a ticket to Mindark, Mindark will have to take action or said person is less likely to keep playing.

Personally I would love it but I don't think it would work very well sadly, so I think we'll have to think more in the ArMatrix route.

Just yesterday I wrote about a similar system, less complex and simpler to introduce in the suggestion part of the forum.

This one has a few more balancing flaws as it changes the range of dpp drastically without adapting for existing items in the game very well, but it's a great idea in general.

i wouldn't go with crafting guns with differing buffs, the MU sales would get skewed by it.

but i would like to see tier slots getting more love. current system is pulled towards bigger guns only due to break rate, so there is no reason to tier small guns, but if i could add a little damage to a Xent X3 with 10x +1 Damage enhancers (each with their own decay, not break rates) + A102. that would be good.

i wouldn't go with crafting guns with differing buffs, the MU sales would get skewed by it.

but i would like to see tier slots getting more love. current system is pulled towards bigger guns only due to break rate, so there is no reason to tier small guns, but if i could add a little damage to a Xent X3 with 10x +1 Damage enhancers (each with their own decay, not break rates) + A102. that would be good.

Yes, tiering any item for that matter has the exact same problem, it only makes sense whenever you throw in hefty amounts of PED/use. The lower this amount, the more diminished the return of the enhancer.
So yes, this is one other thing which needs to be adressed, instead of a break rate enhancers need to have a fixed decay as well, with them not showing up as single entities, but as a value instead, like Ammo, sweat, or anything else with minimal value. If the system is adapted to a break rate then, it makes sense, per use you have a % chance of so and so many breaking.
As an example, per use the medium break rate is let's say 1 PED to make it a rather big number and visible, but it can be as low as 0,10 PED or even 2,5 PED. This makes it even out over time (rule of big numbers) but at the same time adds a short-term luck-factor into it which can be important for strategic purposes.

oh... many more unique weapons... do we really need them?
there are already hundreds of weapons with just marginal variances in their stats.

they just clutter up our weapon charts with another so-and-so many pages of meaningless weapon names.

Hey Mindark Devs here's an interesting little resource book I used to use on real world rpg weapons a long time ago... pretty cheap little books but lots of interesting ideas...

https://palladium-store.com/1001/category/Weapon-Compendiums.html

along a similar line is the ninja book that outlines a bunch of different combat styles....
https://palladium-store.com/1001/category/Ninjas-and-Superspies.html

I know, I know, copyright, blah blah blah, but hey, most of the ideas they are using are coming from real world sources. Just a neat little idea book for next time you are staring at the drawing board with ideas on what to come up with next.

Similar resources from other real world rpg game companies exist, but probably one of the easiest bang for your buck in number of weapons covered there...

If you get in to doing more with factions, societies, etc. some of the ideas in how they set up organizations in the Ninja book are interesting... Not sure that type of stuff would convert over to Entropia easily, but it could definitely as you expand in to new ideas in how to integrate stuff like Compets in to the game... or whatever other little side projects you develop that will integrate in with deep token asset library, etc.

Of course, you could always just use wikipedia type stuff as resources too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_the_Vietnam_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_weapons
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_equipment_of_the_French_Army

etc. (a little more fun to use a real pen and paper rpg for ideas though since it may spark some creativity and actual real world rpg playing after hours, which could bring some creativity back to the game some day that it desperately needs in these post-Marco years)

Last edited:
oh... many more unique weapons... do we really need them?
there are already hundreds of weapons with just marginal variances in their stats.

they just clutter up our weapon charts with another so-and-so many pages of meaningless weapon names.

It's not about adding simply 'more' in this case rather then variety. Those wouldn't be different entities in itself but instead be the same weapon, but with adaptations, therefore 'custom' ones.
Imagine the system like this: You have a Gun dropped, which is called the 'Awesome gun 1000' just as an example.
It's stats are all the main stats coming with this gun, dps, dpp, level requirements and so on. Now, after Customizing it, this weapon is still called the 'Awesome gun 1000', so staying the exact same entity with it's own ID, but the modifiers on it have changed. Higher dpp, dps, different level requirement, range, hit or crit ratio and so on again.

It wouldn't cluster up the market with new terminologies that nobody knows what to make of anyway - like the gazillion of unneeded items in the game - but instead provide a reason for people to look in-depth at the stats, comparing them, making decisions as to buying it or not, or crafting it or not.
If someone buys it another one might come along afterwards which is better, or you need it right away and it suffices even if it's not perfect. This also opens up the notion for people to not simply hoard items but TT them if they have turned out to be shite - plainly spoken.
The systems which are suggested in this direction are all able to be put under a single category as well: Modular modifications.

So, instead of speaking about 'this exact thing might be bad or good' it's important to look at the underlying model first, which is the described above and see 'Is this something useful which would enrichen the game for the future?'
As for my personal opinion this is a 'Yes, definitely, more interesting loot makes people generally happy'. The implementation per se is a matter of balancing anyway, but the underlying system has proven to distinguish games with a long-term fun factor from a short-term fun factor by quite a bit, which means it would keep people playing longer and therefore bringing in more revenue to the game, making it more alive.

Back