Easter Mayhem 2018 Results

GJ DQing the exploiters :)

I'm all for hard punishments and banning from all future mayhems is a very effective deterrent to cheating. Finally some real measures taken, good!

Obviously with this comes bigger responsibility to have a good system in place and really get the judging right, though. Hopefully this is the case.

Yes stories like captain jack spending 1000s to chip out (opposite of what game shud be about) to compete in much lower cat and this cat 1 player using supremacy and plates, Christmas ring 2017 and Halloween ring 2016 do kinda kill some interest to compete for people who wanna play normal/skill up and compete vs similar players. Be nice if they had some sort of gear restrictions and relative to level cap and a way to prevent people chipping down to whatever cat but i guess itd be hard to implement.

This is exactly why i did not want to compete, I like these events for the loot.... there's no competing with somebody that has a much higher bankroll.

Chipping down should not be an option for these events, and armor/buffs/pills should all be soft-capped.

First of all congratz to all the winners :yay: Very happy for my friend and old socmate Copern and his showdown in cat 7 on both cathegories :yay: Big gratz, m8!

On the dq'ed stuff, is a good move and I appreciate that finally they decided to do the right thing. I also hope there are no ifs and buts about their calls. What is that "suspicious activity"? Tickling the mobs? Also the case of Tobias is weird.

Well, putting on my Sherlock hat, my guess is as follows.
Those disqualified in lower defense levels could have been the ones with the 'impossibly low' number of kills by drawing all the fire to them but staying alive through great armour and whatever those crazily stupid stat heal pills are. At some point the new mobs may not even be able to hit due to all the others running in tow while the player runs round and round in circles sideways at the boundary while shooting to attract more mobs instead of killing them.
If that is what they did to protect the unit for longer than anyone else, then they win... that was the aim of the competition!
If they cheated some other way then who knows, but I find it strange that the lowest cats defense had 'cheaters' until at some point MA didn't see it happening (because the mobs were more powerful?).

The chipping down to lower cats is also a bit of a pain, surely? Still, I guess that's a strategy if skills don't count for so much anymore overall, not an exploit...

There were no event restrictions regarding borrowed gear, and no participants were disqualified for using borrowed gear.

Anyone who feels they were wrongly disqualified should submit a support case on the official website.

Due to privacy concerns, MindArk cannot publicly comment further on disqualified participants.

What the FUCK?

I had over 14k points and I did not in any way break any rules... I was in cat 5, I managed to shoot for 13 out of 20 hours, then I waited for 7 hours inside mayhem to make sure my mission was completed, and it was and I was done with the easter mayhem... Now I can see that I did not make the top 10, even though 14k would be plenty enough for that.

So I take it I have been disqualified and banned from future events

I can't wait to se what the fuck MA has to say in the support case about this
Dude ... is not fair . Nothing more . Would you feel ok if you mine in 1 month 5 mil ped and you don’t hof and a new guy comes and at the first bombita ath? It’s an example ... you cannot hit 15 k points in the first hour and the wait...and maybe the one that shooted non stop during event didn’t made the points for top 10. Think about it , stop raging . Maybe MA will implement next event a min kills requirement. 10k kills and the you qualify for prizes

Maybe stop making events that are so "easy" to exploit.
Wow at them posting the exploiters names though! Why not just remove them from the list and just say 1st,2nd, etc?

Also - Top 10 cat, same names per usual *yawn*
but really is there even THAT many people that can compete in that cat?

Cheers on making a new event at least - I appreciate the efforts MA

This was an oversight, and has now been corrected. Annihilation Category 2 Prizes have been updated.

Thanks and maybe we'll hear from you again in 1 month, as this is about your 1 post a month limit.
:-(

This is exactly why i did not want to compete, I like these events for the loot.... there's no competing with somebody that has a much higher bankroll.

Chipping down should not be an option for these events, and armor/buffs/pills should all be soft-capped.

Well i dont really mind about bankroll and gear but there are limits, like cat1-2 are for newer players, maybe first or 2nd try at an event they shouldnt have to compete with optimised seasonal rings and supremacy whether its on an alt or some girl who happens to have access to all this gear cus shes friends with a bunch of high level players yet is cat1 eligable.

game is supposed to be about skilling up and progression. So when the best way to win is to chip out 1000s of skills, give them away for free and borrow someone elses gear, whats the point of skilling and progressing avatar

cool to have the results

I like EU events a lot,
but I have to add that it is just wrong that these events motivate people to chip out to fall in a lower category.

Maybe I should do that as well for the next event, sell half my skills and join a lower category, and... get MORE prize money. ?!?

Agree. I could have won Cat06. My time in Cat07 would have been 4th in Cat06...and..well...with Cat06 mobs I can assure you I'd have run better than 1:17 like I did in 7.

Didn't feel like chipping down as I am really working on Kill Strike. But maybe I should have since I'm now in the hard Cats and not the seemingly easy ones :D

Yes stories like captain jack spending 1000s to chip out (opposite of what game shud be about) to compete in much lower cat and this cat 1 player using supremacy and plates, Christmas ring 2017 and Halloween ring 2016 do kinda kill some interest to compete for people who wanna play normal/skill up and compete vs similar players. Be nice if they had some sort of gear restrictions and relative to level cap and a way to prevent people chipping down to whatever cat but i guess itd be hard to implement.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303662-Proportional-reward-event-system

The advantages of a system like this, is that the reward difference between being 2nd or 3rd is not so terrible. Going down 1 rank wont fck up everything, like it does now.

Well i dont really mind about bankroll and gear but there are limits, like cat1-2 are for newer players, maybe first or 2nd try at an event they shouldnt have to compete with optimised seasonal rings and supremacy whether its on an alt or some girl who happens to have access to all this gear cus shes friends with a bunch of high level players yet is cat1 eligable.

game is supposed to be about skilling up and progression. So when the best way to win is to chip out 1000s of skills, give them away for free and borrow someone elses gear, whats the point of skilling and progressing avatar

wouldn't be surprised if this leads to minimum level requirements on items, much like armour is supposed to be getting

and i dont see the issue with LangeTobias, it states 20 hours in the instance, now i wouldn't have stopped killing, probably just slowed down the speed. but it should still count. plus if he was DQ why was it not listed like the others? unless there is another reason like number of restarts or pausing the timer, LangeTobias' score should stand

otherwise gz to the winners, gz rusty (didn't think you were Cat 2) and glad MA seems to be taking action on the cheaters

My wife plays this game as well, much lower level then me. So what you are saying is I should not let her use my items on her avatar and we should have to buy two sets?

Gratz to all winners.

Thanks to MA for DQ cheaters. :wtg: :thumbup:

Still weird there were cheaters only in lowest cat..

Also peoples that cheated "and placed" in Defense has been DQ for both Defense and Anihilation, that's good.
But what about the ones that cheated and didn't place ? :dunce:

My wife plays this game as well, much lower level then me. So what you are saying is I should not let her use my items on her avatar and we should have to buy two sets?

What he's saying is that if in the level equivalent to cat 1 you need max vigi in ordinary gameplay, then that should reflect in mayhem aswell. Because if there are still the same uberitems winning cat 10 and cat 1 (save for, thank God, terminator due to dps caps), then what is the point of cathegories themselves?

This is very touchy because MA made a big buck (and almost destroyed the game) on rings and pills. And 15mg pills didn't discriminated between cat 1,4 or 8 as price.

Also they do love unskilled players using gear and doing activities above their league. But the mentioned point is legit, supremacy (and equivalent) shouldn't be in cat 1. Surely, where do you put the line? But all in all picturing some lvl15 competing against those items is rofl.

surprised and happy MA rightly put the disqualified note next to those who were caught cheating, i had assumed they would just edit them out entirely.

for those complaining about their friend getting DQed clearly they aren't as honest as ud like to believe they are. MA would know better then you would if someone who isnt you is cheating. defence rules were clear to me kill the mobs to keep them off the point, not to kite them away from the point.

GZ to all who legitimately competed.

i didn't bother competing but put im my 20 hours and was shocked to see i had got 8th place. i knew there weren't many in cat9 who were getting good points and telling. but holy hell something is off if i can run my gear with no enhancers and no buffs more then half the required time and place, the point distribution must have been broken for cat9. i never saw any points larger then 500 and 80% of the kills had no points at all.

Won cat 2 by 5k and didnt even loot 1 5k!

I like to compete and all,...

Annihilation, cat10, 8th place, and less prize money then a cat2 or higher (winner).
that's ridiculous.

I am torn on whether I like the event format for future events or not.

On the + side:
1) Many participate as there are many prizes to win in each category.
2) There is a lot more action in the "Defense" mode than simply grinding away repeatedly.
3) The overall feeling is that there is some development by MA to make EU more interesting.

On the - side:
1) The prizes per category are too similar. There isn't a lot of incentive to get to be higher level.
2) I don't believe that Assault is as skillful an event as Defense in this Easter's Mayhem. I'm not taking away from Stryker winning; however, I can say that I'm sure he either got 5x more 1k's or a 5k in order to have that score (basically he got luckier than the rest of us). When you evaluate this vs. the overall prizes for Category 10 for instance, you see that with a 1st place in Defense and a 7th place in Assault, I actually came out BEHIND Stryker in total winnings (he got 1st in Assault and didn't place in Defense).

Star:
1st in Defense (1 Placement Token + 22,500 Mayhem Tokens) + 7th in Assault (4,000 Mayhem Tokens) =
1 Placement Token + 26,500 Mayhem Tokens

Stryker:
Didn't place Defense (0 Tokens) + 1st Assault (1 Placement Token + 30,000 Mayhem Tokens) =
1 Placement Token + 30,000 Mayhem Tokens

Perhaps the goal was to make it more of a luck event than a skill event. I'm fine with that if it is the case. I am not so fine with the low drop rate of 5k's to the point where it is basically a pick favorites type of contest. The value of a 5k was the difference between 1st and not even making the top 10.

___

That's about all I can add to this discussion. There will always be some haters saying I'm being greedy for having a problem with this format. I can say that I'm 100% sure I got less 1k and 5k's than anyone above me on the scoreboard for Assault. I did take less time doing defense than assault, so perhaps that is why the prizes are larger on assault. I did 5 runs total for defense. :)

Anyway, Grats to the Winners! I do appreciate MA putting time into making new and exciting event formats!

How about once any item enters a Mayhem instance it gets locked to that avatar for the remainder of the event.

This way people who actually spend money on gear don't get beat by five other players using the same borrowed gear.

This is a prime example of why naming and shaming doesn't work on PCF.

Would love to know what you mean by this. I can't imagine you're trying to generalize statements people have made about an entirely different topic and lump them into this one. That would be a pretty arrogant to make assumptions on something you have very limited knowledge of. Based on seeing your forum posts, that is your specialty though.

Gratz to all winners, and I'm curious to see what becomes of the people who feel they've been wrongly disqualified.

Jesus just quit this crap with a million loopholes and exploits.

Just do massive planetside spawns of a mob, 5 maturities: 20hp, 200hp, 1000hp 3000hp, 6000hp.
Point distribution randomness is same for each maturity.
Each player picks a maturity and gets to kill 2000 of them, then points counter stops.
Once abandoned, cannot restart. Practice and test armors before you start mission.

THE END.

No exploits, no bugs, no DC issues, no same people winning over and over.

TRUE RANDOMNESS AND FAIRNESS FOR ALL!

Think of how many less support cases you will get MA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Also - Top 10 cat, same names per usual *yawn*
but really is there even THAT many people that can compete in that cat?

You can see from the 10th place scores how much more difficult it was to place in Category 10 than it was in the other categories. There were way more players in category 10 than in 9 and 8, possibly even all the way down to category 5.

That is precisely why some of us were trying to point out that the categories were unbalanced for higher skill levels. Unfortunately, as usual, our informed opinions were drowned out by forum warriors with no genuine understanding of high level play.

To be honest if a low number of bot kills compared to run time resulted in DQs this is really bad.

Tagging and kiting robots towards the end of a run was the only legitimate method to survive the incoming damage. In lower categories given the lower damage output this would have been extended even further especially for people with access to high level armour, imp/mod faps and imp/mod resto chips.

If however there is more to the reasoning then perhaps they are well deserved.

Quite annoying to see many non-original avatars competing, a.k.a. bought accounts.

Last edited:
heh heh, Mindark... you so crazah.

Jesus just quit this crap with a million loopholes and exploits.

Just do massive planetside spawns of a mob, 5 maturities: 20hp, 200hp, 1000hp 3000hp, 6000hp.
Point distribution randomness is same for each maturity.
Each player picks a maturity and gets to kill 2000 of them, then points counter stops.
Once abandoned, cannot restart. Practice and test armors before you start mission.

THE END.

No exploits, no bugs, no DC issues, no same people winning over and over.

TRUE RANDOMNESS AND FAIRNESS FOR ALL!

Think of how many less support cases you will get MA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how about this in addition to the instances? Have some real fun.

Back